PDA

View Full Version : Red State - Blue State: WOuld the USA be better off as two seperate countries?

Volcana
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:49 AM
I do have answers to that from a 'red state' perspective, but I'm interersted inthe thoughts of others.

Volcana
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:55 AM
HOw do I move this thread to 'non-tennis'?

Andrew.
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:56 AM
I'm sure a mod will move it for you shortly. :p

lucashg
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:05 AM
I'm not from the US, but I totally disagree with people from certain states thinking they're somehow superior than the others and wanting to break the country apart in two. I don't like separatists, they're serving against the prosperity of a nation which primarly has to be united.

Despite that, I give the blue states reason enough to be pissed with the red ones. If there are other subjects other than political issues, they shouldn't be taken so seriously 'cause diversity can make a country a great nation!

EDIT: Regarding the US once more, they were known all around the world for being such an united nation. The '00 elections kinda began to destroy that image. 9/11 had everything to bring the nation united again, but I guess Bush and his stupid, egoist, ambicious and evil war ruined it one more time. '04 Elections didn't help the "union of the american people" either, as seen in its results. It's time for them to overcome these differences, though it will be a toughie with Bush in the power...

Jarrett
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:11 AM
It's one country, but the disagreements are not minor.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:19 AM
It's bad enough that you post your copy and paste jobs all over non tennis but do you have to spill your crap over here too?

kabuki
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:27 AM
It's bad enough that you post your copy and paste jobs all over non tennis but do you have to spill your crap over here too?

Eeek! :lol:

Jarrett
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:28 AM
:eek: :hehehe:

Volcana
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:32 PM
It's one country, but the disagreements are not minor.I would certainly agree. But I was surprised to even see the idea in print after this election. I didn't see it in print after the 2000 election.

I suppose the idea will die down til Bush nominates John Ashcroft for the Supreme Court.

Warrior
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:21 PM
YES! I always thought that there were two different Americas. Now, it becomes even more obvious.

griffin
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:43 PM
We may have "two Americas" but we still all live next door to each other.

http://www.boingboing.net/images/th_Purple-USA.jpg

Jeff Culver: "I was thinking today about how the 'red v. blue' states graphic is really misleading considering the slim margins that the candidates won some of those states by, so I sat down and created the map that's attached. In the dozens of hours I've been watching the news I haven't seen one like it.... I think it definitely portrays our fellow states far differently than the extreme way we've been seeing to date."

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/11/03/purple_haze.html

Belgium = Best
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM
1 country :wavey: