PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode III

Halardfan
Nov 10th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Anyone else seen the trailer for Epsiode III of the Star Wars saga, 'Revenge of the Sith'?

Star Wars remains the one area where I give full flow to my underlying nerdish character, I adore the original trilogy, and the two newer movies have their great moments too. Star Wars was such a fixture im my childhood, seeing the original films for the first time such a memorable, vivid experience. They took you somewhere else.

Ive seen most of the trailer, needless to say is wonderful, and hopes are high that the upcoming movie might be the film that everyone who liked the original movies can enjoy and cherish.

King Aaron
Nov 10th, 2004, 03:19 PM
I saw it and I can't wait! :D :) :bounce:

Edward.
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Saw the trailer.

Can't. Fucking. Wait. :D

xr6turbo
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Wow it looks great!!!

apoet29
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:35 PM
I hope that the ending will be good, since the first two, well, weren't that great. I think Hayden Christian is a good enough actor to pierce Anakin's dark side, so hopefully, Lucas will allow him to do that.

I loved Star Wars growing up. I still remember being in that theater, watching Empire and seeing Darth Vader say Luke, I am your father. I remember freaking out and thinking no way. I can still hear the audience gasp at that line. That was a great moment.

Venus Forever
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM
When is this supposed to be coming out, because I have been waiting forever for Episode III.

King Aaron
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Next year. Around May I think. :confused:

Sally Struthers
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:36 PM
May 19, 2005

Monica_Rules
Nov 10th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Havent seen the trailor yet but can't wait for the film.

jenny161185
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:41 PM
saw a tralier today and it show Darth Vador in a chair and a voice saying rise my lord - I got sooo excited I think this film will be brilliant and original star wars fans will love it. I liked episode 2 and I didnt think the phantom menace was as bad as it was made out to be

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I hope I get to see episode 1 2 and 3. But the first three were classics, I have thr trilogy set :)

Jeleno Benesovo
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:47 AM
I did see a trailer of the episode III a couple of months ago but I remember the title was not "the revenge of the sith" but "the rise of the empire". Perhaps haven't yet decided the title of the episode III?

Stamp Paid
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:18 AM
I'm worried about the continuity. How the hell are they gonna fit everything from Anakin's turn to the dark side to the beginning of Episode 4?

Halardfan
Nov 11th, 2004, 11:08 AM
I think 'Revenge of the Sith' is pretty much confirmed...though I do recall Return of the Jedi was initially meant to be Revenge of the Jedi...

Lucas does have a lot of stuff to squeeze into this episode, partly becuase the last two films were flawed...

The Phantom Menace: Brilliant pod-race, and closing lightsaber battle, but no hint of young Anakin having anything dark about him at all...they should have cast someone like Haley Joel Osment (Sixth Sense) in the role, he has that creepy vibe you needed. Too much Jar-Jar too!

Attack of the clones: An improvement...the city chase scene, the arena battle, the closing battle and Yoda with a lightsaber were are all highlights. Ocassioanlly though the visual FX were a let down, the would-be stormtroopers looking like videogame characters at times. Again Anakain's darkside tendancies not as convincing as they should have been.

Word on the next one is good though! :)

Sam L
Nov 11th, 2004, 11:28 AM
How can you call Episode VI "Revenge of the Sith" with THAT ending? :confused:

Anyway, I hope Episode III is good. It IS called "Revenge of the Sith", it has been confirmed.

Can't wait to see Hayden, Natalie and Keisha as Queen of Naboo. Should be fun.

But so sad that it's all ending.

Halardfan
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:30 PM
SPOLIERS BELOW FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT SEEN THE TRAILER!

No, episode 6 was gonna be Revenge of the JEDI...I even remember seeing that title on batches of Star Wars figures in my local store.

There are often rumours that 7 8 and 9 will be made one day...thouhg Lucas denies it.

The latest rumour I heard was of a TV series...which would be great of course!

The did such a great job with the trailer, setting this episode in context with Obi-wan's words from A New Hope...knitting it all together...

Trailer highlights include:

*Freaky yellowed eyed Anakin!
*Its Darth Vader! THAT voice!
*Its Chewie!! With a friend! And a Wookie army!
*Yoda gets his lightsaber out. Again. :)
*Space battle bits
*Obi-Wan v Anakin!

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I've not seen the trailer! :( I'm sure the film will be great though.... it can't fail with the amount of stuff it's got to pack into it! :yeah: I thought the last 2 films were good as well and were nowhere near as bad as people have described them.......... I'm already getting ready for Anakin v Obi-Wan! :yeah: :dance:

Bacardi
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:57 PM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/star_wars__episode_iii__revenge_of_the_sith/hayden_christensen/epiiiteaser.jpg

Bacardi
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:28 PM
http://www.filmzonen.dk/images/pictures/batch-190/2264.jpg

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:57 PM
cant wait, although the 1970's episodes still are better.

i know we're 25yrs on from then but they got more advanced robots in these new star War films even though they are further back in time :o, shouldnt it be the other way around :o

you wont find a Victorian film made these days with people with mobiles would you ??