PDA

View Full Version : Vanessa Carlton's new album

Grachka
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:22 PM
I know its being released/has been released in America in November. So to our American posters: Is it doing well? How did White Houses do?

I love Vanessa, but with such poor promotion in Britain, we never hear anything about her!

Come-on-kim
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I listened her album online (i am suscribed on her official website and so gets news every week) I have to say that I think the album is less good than the first one...

But white houses is great :p

Jarrett
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:08 PM
If that is true (not as good as the first) then I will hate the second one. There was only one good song on the first one.

Warrior
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:59 PM
I only heard a few songs from the upcoming album. I liked her first single, 'White Houses'. However, I was not impressed with the rest of the songs.

grmbl
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:09 PM
White Houses is soooo beautiful! :D

Martian KC
Nov 10th, 2004, 03:56 AM
I think the best it will do is a debut @ number 5 on the billboard album charts!

But it's really artistically beautiful. Listen for her 2nd single, Private Radio!!!

Bankhead Bounce
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:35 AM
have y'all seen white chicks? i think every vanessa carlton fan should see it because they pay tribute to her in it. ;)

switz
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:52 AM
"stay up to late, and i'm too thin" hahahaha!!

Grachka
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:15 PM
*shamless bump* ;)

Heard some of the songs on it, and it seems more even than the first. White Houses is the best song on it, but it doesn't blow the rest out of the water the first one. "Who's To Say" and "Private Radio" are both excellent as well!

After posting this, i saw that it only got released in America this week, so it won't have charted i guess!

Does anyone know what happened to White Houses? Where did it get?

rated_next
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:59 PM
White Houses is currently #25 on most played on the radio, and it is still improving.

Martian KC
Nov 10th, 2004, 03:36 PM
My favorites are Who's To Say and Private Radio!:eek:;)

Grachka
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:49 PM
What is the official American chart :o is it the Billboard one? Has Vanessa charted with White Houses yet?

grmbl
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:58 PM
'Annie' is awesome.. This album is much better!

Grachka
Nov 12th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I love 'Annie' but 'She Floats' is also amazing. In fact, the whole album is! ;)

Go out and but it, people!

Martian KC
Nov 12th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Whoops, I'm sorry for not getting back to you quicker.

Billboard is indeed the American charts and White Houses only peaked at 86 and was on the chart for a total of 6 weeks.