PDA

View Full Version : i hate exams!

slice
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:38 PM
wat a pathetic joke! eveyr other uni gets fkn stuvac, which is a week 2 study for their exams, but mine doesnt so what do they do to make it even worse? give me 2 major assignments due on the last day of semester and then put two exams in the first week! :fiery: :mad: this means more smoking and less eating and ultmately poor health! i blame uni 4 everything :fiery:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:08 PM
ugh!i hate assignments more.

i have 2 big ones due on friday!and i mean BIG!thankfully i'm almost done with one. but i havent even thought of a topic for the other one yet. fuck.

OUT!
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Good luck guys :wavey:

I looked forward to exams if I enjoyed the subject. Otherwise, I hated them too.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:20 PM
yeah exams suck, so much work that you'll never need :rolleyes:

Ive decided to take Biology 2 months into the A Level course, have a exam in janruary and don't have a fucking clue what I'm doing :confused:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:53 PM
i LOVED bio during A-levels. i was pretty dissapointed when i saw that big C staring out at me.

HATED chemistry but was glad to see that C staring out at me.

CondiLicious
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:00 PM
yeah exams suck, so much work that you'll never need :rolleyes:

Ive decided to take Biology 2 months into the A Level course, have a exam in janruary and don't have a fucking clue what I'm doing :confused:
I have 2 A2 modulars in January in English Language and Sociology and I don't really know what I'm doing at the moment... It's all going in one ear and out the other :lol: I'll start revising at the end of this month and I should be okay. I only did 2 weeks of revising at AS and got 3 A's and a B and that was for 8 modulars :lol:

And I'm crap at all things scientific and with maths as well... If I did A Level Biology I'd get a nice big "U"

kikker
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:01 PM
i just had a week full of exams :mad:
the worst part is that i have to wait for my grades :scared:

DevilishAttitude
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:11 PM
I have to do Human Organisms and Energy next week for my first GCSE Science Module tests (Im in Year 10)

For some reason they moved me from the 2nd set into the top set (in my band) and I don't understand anything in it :sad: :fiery:

CondiLicious
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:15 PM
I have to do Human Organisms and Energy next week for my first GCSE Science Module tests (Im in Year 10)

For some reason they moved me from the 2nd set into the top set (in my band) and I don't understand anything in it :sad: :fiery:
I was in the top set for science and didn't understand any of it. I don't know why I was in that group cause I couldn't follow any of the lessons. And I hated when we did practical lessons cause I hate fire and the bunsen burner thing or whatever its called would get me all nervous. :sad: I dreaded every lesson and just about got a C.

NFFC_FAN
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:44 PM
ugh!i hate assignments more.

i have 2 big ones due on friday!and i mean BIG!thankfully i'm almost done with one. but i havent even thought of a topic for the other one yet. fuck.

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

I've got a big essay due for Friday too, and am up to my eyeballs in books at the moment. :mad:

My room is going to feel like a prison during the next few days. Not much fun, especially when everyone else is going out having fun!! :sad:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:54 PM

ooh I did well in the modular tests, I had like 38/40 in Biology, but then I got a overall B for GCSE coz i did no revision for the main exams :rolleyes:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:01 PM
I have 2 A2 modulars in January in English Language and Sociology and I don't really know what I'm doing at the moment... It's all going in one ear and out the other :lol: I'll start revising at the end of this month and I should be okay. I only did 2 weeks of revising at AS and got 3 A's and a B and that was for 8 modulars :lol:

And I'm crap at all things scientific and with maths as well... If I did A Level Biology I'd get a nice big "U"

wow, well done for AS :) Im taking chem, i think its easy so far. Geog - peace of piss compared to sciences, PE - boring. And Bio.

I decided this week I REALLY wanted to be a dentist since I got bored of wanting to do something with computers(and you need at least 2 science A level to get into a Uni) :o So i dropped IT today, and am debating weather to PE it next year as an AS(instead of this year coz I'll have loads of work to do now). As i said Ive picked up Biol and it's solid so far so i'll have to work like fuck to catch up now :mad:

One of the other reasons, (apart from career decisions) for this chage was all the clashes I had, 3/5 IT lessons per week were clashes and 3/5 PE :rolleyes: . But I'll only have 2 now :D

DevilishAttitude
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I was in the top set for science and didn't understand any of it. I don't know why I was in that group cause I couldn't follow any of the lessons. And I hated when we did practical lessons cause I hate fire and the bunsen burner thing or whatever its called would get me all nervous. :sad: I dreaded every lesson and just about got a C.

Well I was in top set in Year 8 didn't do that badly but was moved down cos I got Level 6 in my SATS last year they moved me back up but it's horrible I enjoy the lesson cos I talk to my mates for most of it ;) but the work is horrible :o

Bunser burners aren't great to use last year something fell off it I picked it up and got blisters due to it being red hot :rolleyes:

!<bloc party>! I know what you mean about revision :fiery: it's a pain in the arse but if don't do it you usually do badly :sad:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:06 PM
!<bloc party>! I know what you mean about revision :fiery: it's a pain in the arse but if don't do it you usually do badly :sad:

If you are doing AS level, watch out, the work is seriously 10 times harder. I wish I was doing GCSE science now!

leinink
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Just wait until adulthood, then you'll wish for the days when exams were your big worry. :sad:

DevilishAttitude
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Well today we had a practice verison of the Biology test

I got 21 out of 36 but got a U since I had to get 23 to get a D
Half the class got U as well so it's not too bad but it doesn't fill me with much
confidence for next week :sad:

Emola
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I was crap at Science. Honestly, I was good in year 7, then I just dipped. I was still in the top sets but I didn't really do that much work. As it happens, I did revise well and the papers were pretty easy so I ended up with an A. It is possible, if you try hard you can do it DevilishAttitude :) Im not saying you're not trying hard btw lol. If you dont understand it then you should ask.

I do have an A2 Sports paper in Jan though :( PED 4. Boo!

CooCooCachoo
Nov 10th, 2004, 07:01 PM
wat a pathetic joke! eveyr other uni gets fkn stuvac, which is a week 2 study for their exams, but mine doesnt so what do they do to make it even worse? give me 2 major assignments due on the last day of semester and then put two exams in the first week! :fiery: :mad: this means more smoking and less eating and ultmately poor health! i blame uni 4 everything :fiery:

:sad: Good luck :)

I am facing my exams too... I have to study sooooo much and I heard everyone saying they started already a few days ago and I hadn't done anything yet. I started yesterday and fortunately quite a number of people told me they hadn't started yet!

But it's sooooo much and I am usually quite slow when it comes to studying. Plus the Internet is a huge distraction. I have to study two books of 700+ pages for two different courses (one is a Maths book with quite complicated maths that I didn't study for the lectures and workshops either :sad: ) plus stuff for two other courses too. I have my first exam next Tuesday :eek:

slice
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:54 AM
lol i 4got bout this thread... thanks all and im selfishly glad 2 c that im not the only person stressed at the moment ;)

good luck to all! :)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:57 AM
*2 weeks* breaks before exams? That is RIDICULOUS. We certainly don'e get that where I am, and frankly, why would I want it? 2 weeks to sit on my hands before exams or get out of school 2 weeks earlier and just write them right after my classes finish? Gee, tough one!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:00 AM
You know what kind of exam question I *hate*? Really vague, general questions, that you could write an entire essay about if you so pleased. "How does developmental psychology lend itself to learning disabilities" - slightly better worded, that was a question on one of my midterms this semester. I spent a couple minutes thinking to myself "what in Gods name are they ASKING me?!" I ended up writing a one page regurgitation of the note on developmental psych theories for that course. I got the marks, but the question still irritated the Hell out of me. I got nothing out of it, nothing at all. Ask me specifics, make me pick a side and argue it... but dont' get lazy and ask questions so vague that I could write two pages and still not be giving what you want :rolleyes:

Mr_Molik
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:35 AM
wat a pathetic joke! eveyr other uni gets fkn stuvac, which is a week 2 study for their exams, but mine doesnt so what do they do to make it even worse? give me 2 major assignments due on the last day of semester and then put two exams in the first week! :fiery: :mad: this means more smoking and less eating and ultmately poor health! i blame uni 4 everything :fiery:poor thing :sad: but dont worry ur not the only one- i have 2 essays due tomorrow that i havent even started!!! :scared: all i can really do is laugh :haha: and i have exams all next week :scared: but they dont really mean much cos im only in yr10 thank fuck! i really have to improve my time management and get my motivation back next yr!

Ting
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I've got 6 exams in January, two math ones, one geog, and 3 chemistry exams 2 of them are resits...I'm so sick of chem resits I can't remember how many I've had now chem is solid:rolleyes: For geog it's really annoying coz I've got loads of huge files to read through:fiery: I don't know how I'm gonna write 2 essays in 1.5 hours:o

Tammy
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:58 PM
tss whats up with this 2 weeks crap? :p

.. usually we have ours at uni in the last week of classes or the week after classes end.. and try having 3 exams and a project due on the same day - its discouraging :lol:

I'm taking 6 classes currently in order to graduate this summer and so far I have had 3 days were I had 3 exams in back to back classes which was a killer - but thankfully my schedule is decent with exams and projects for the rest of the semester now..

goodluck everyone :)