PDA

View Full Version : how dangerous is the place where you live?

matthias
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:17 AM
where i live i donīt need to be afraid of

- Vulcanos
- Earthquakes
- Tornados/Hurrikanes
- Bushfire

how is it with you?
do you live in a region where things like i posted above can happen?

or have you any dangerous animals in your region?

deep bass
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:36 AM
The only dangerous animals where I live are the young guys that carry knives thinking it makes them tough. I live in an area with a lot of druggies and there's always fights. There's been 2 guys stabbed just out front of where I live in the past year, and I live in a small country town in Scotland, not a big city like Glasgow or London.

Steff_forever
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:51 AM
it's safer than in Katschenreuth here ;)
today we've had huge snow flakes and they didn't vanish on the ground ... :banghead:
the biggest threat is Edi Stoiber (PM of Bavaria)...

I'm just happy to live here (with the point of view of a geologist)

Steff_forever
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:53 AM
most dangerous animal in my neighbourhood:

my cat, ehh no, her fleas ...

Helen Lawson
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Hon, I live most of the time in Hollywood, I have pit vipers, back stabbers, scene stealers, it's like a damn murder's row. And that's just at my Academy lunches!

SilK
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:50 PM
The only thing I have to be aware off is Bushfires and being stabbed at night!
That about it :)

ASV_FAN
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Hmmm, London:

bushfires - more chance of lottie dodd winning wimbledon 2005.
hurricanes - last one in 1987, best ask michael fish when the next one will be.
tornadoes - bout 40 each yr in UK but last very short time, unlikely to develop in an urban area though.
earthquakes - we do get them every year, mostly in wales and the west midlands like the dudley quake a couple of yrs ago. biggest one in recent centuries was situated off north-east coast i think in 1906 it was like a 6.1 so again i don't think the 'big one' is gonna hit any time soon.

crime - we got plenty of it down here, a gay guy was murdered on the south bank just last week and there's enough robberies and muggings to go around.

Basically in London you just gotta worry about the people!

kikker
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:03 PM
i live in a pretty safe neigbourhood everybody knows eachother so that's good
the only thing i'm affraid of is being attacked by my neighbours dog :scared:
or being pooped on by a flying bird, that actually happend to me once,
the damn bird just pooped on my shoe :mad:

Pamela Shriver
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:14 PM
how dangerous is the place where you live?
When George loses his false teeth and misses his nightcap, my place gets VERY dangerous! Low flying toupees are lethal.

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I live in Virginia...its pretty safe for the most part here...we have a lot of Military bases around us in the Hampton Roads area..and we are near a lot of water so we have to worry about Hurricanes every now and then....other than that...i guess the only other thing I can think of is dangerous is Bush as our president for the next 4 years.

polishprodigy
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:40 PM
My area is pretty good, there are some other parts of Toronto that are sketchy, but the part I live in has petty crime and here and there. Most common in terms of "danger" are speeding teenager's driving their dad's car, low-scale drug use (ie. pot, ecstacy), muggings (for chains etc.), minor vandalism and petty theft.

crazillo
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:35 PM
When you mentioned "bush-fire" I thought of something else, too.
Aachen is a city build on a former vulcano I heard (no danger anymore). We have earthquakes from tims to times, but nothing seriously.

matthias
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:39 PM
When you mentioned "bush-fire" I thought of something else, too.
Aachen is a city build on a former vulcano I heard (no danger anymore). We have earthquakes from tims to times, but nothing seriously.
bushfire is not related with George W. Bush
i mean real Bushfire like they are often in Australia or California

crazillo
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:41 PM
I know matthias. I am not stupid, but it would be quite interesting to see other people's opinion about Bush. He is a catastrophy for many non-Americans.

PointBlank
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:00 PM
No dangerous..but I should be afraid of Earthquakes by bombs and fires by bombs..no just kidding..I live in a very peaceful desert town..where nothing happens

OUT!
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Not dangerous at all.

*Yoav*
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:18 PM

- Vulcanos
- Earthquakes
- Tornados/Hurrikanes
- Bushfire

how is it with you?

What about terrorists attacks...is it not dangerous too?

PointBlank
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:24 PM
What about terrorists attacks...is it not dangerous too?:p

salima
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:41 PM
I would say not dangerous at all, but every year tourists dies. Because they lack experiences with the sea and the mountains they don't pay attention to the weather.
When matthias wants to rent a boat and go fishing he don't know where it is dangerous to sail, so matthias, you must ask first, and maybe be in company with someone with experience:cool:
With a small boat you have no chance if the storm wants to wrestle with you, and a steep mountainside is not a fun fair.
But al in all I will say it is safe as long as it is not too cold:eek:

Jericho
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:58 PM
earthquakes (just had a small one last night) and brushfires

Wiggly
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Quebec City is a :tape: city for many peoples I think so I'm sure I' safe to Al-Quaeida :devil:

Paldias
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:59 PM
I live in an extremely dangerous neighbourhood. In Canada since it's so cold glaciers form in the streets and then before they melt all the hookers and prostetutes knock on everyones door and try and get inside before they drown or freeze to death. That's why if you see pictures of Canadian homes they're lifted a bit.

jrm
Nov 10th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Slovenia - no vulcanos, no earthquakes (minor but nothing alarming), no el nino, no wild animals, no snakes, no war ...

canuckfan
Nov 10th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I live in an extremely dangerous neighbourhood. In Canada since it's so cold glaciers form in the streets and then before they melt all the hookers and prostetutes knock on everyones door and try and get inside before they drown or freeze to death. That's why if you see pictures of Canadian homes they're lifted a bit.

Yeah I have the same problem. But it's nothing compared the polar bears! From octobre to april I just can't go outside without my riffle! :armed:

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:56 AM
our suberb is about 20km from a mountain that regularly experiences bushfires in the summer.

*Karen*
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:07 AM
The only dangerous animals where I live are the young guys that carry knives thinking it makes them tough. I live in an area with a lot of druggies and there's always fights. There's been 2 guys stabbed just out front of where I live in the past year, and I live in a small country town in Scotland, not a big city like Glasgow or London.

I stay in Livingston, which is quite a big town about an hour away form Glasgow. We have a problem, not so much with knives, but with people hitting or stabbing each other with bottles. I got hit once. I managed to get my arm up, so most of the scarrings on my arm and hand. It's fucking scary. Glasgows meant to have the highest number of stabbings per head in the world. Glaswegians are always so lovely aswell.

mandy7
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:12 AM

- Vulcanos
- Earthquakes
- Tornados/Hurrikanes
- Bushfire

how is it with you?

No Vulcanos, Earthquakes, Tornados/Hurrikanes, Bushfires here
just a little flood every once in a while..(in a few years)
but that's not in the area where i live

the most dangerous animals in my region are the ducks near the pond :p

Rohin.
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Australia... lots of snake's.. drought, flood, Bushfire's sun burn :(

but overall we have a great country.

jelena4me
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Wellington NZ

The biggest actual danger is probably being killed in a car crash by someone street racing coming around the next bend at you. And thats just on your way to school in the mornings....

In theory, earthquake is the biggest risk.

Landing at Wellington airport is a bit of a chance too..

vutt
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Slovenia - no vulcanos, no earthquakes (minor but nothing alarming), no el nino, no wild animals, no snakes, no war ...
We have somewhat similar picture here in Estonia to! :cool:

flyingmachine
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Where I live there is no volcanos, very mild earthquakes not eoungh to kill a cat, no tornados not where I live anywhere the last tornado is in southern Britain and I live in the Midlands and it's too wet to have a bushfire.
As far as I know only dangerous animals we have are the stupid teensgers who trying to have a fight on friday night. :(
A part from that it's very safe please where I live. :)

Mattographer
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Where I live is near the largest criminal suburbs in Australia. I live here for 15 years (Holy crap, I feel like old now!) and I used to them, anyway.

Cuckoo
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Christchurch NZ,

Safe City, much safer then Auckland. Not many environmental conflicts, apart from the cold snap here and there. Crime is distinctive within different suburbs and lower social-economic areas such as Aranui, Linwood.

Generally Safe CBD, Little chance of being Mugged, but keeping your wits is common sense anyway. Usually Drunken Disorderly behaviour on the weekends with a few punchups, but safe if you don't get involved.

Alot of Deaths or Accidental Deaths are the typical "Boy Racer" who are going 120 km/h down bloody Fitzgerald Ave which is only a 50 km/h and end up plowing into another car or a streetlight under the influence of alcahol, quite a high number are Young Asian Drivers.

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:35 AM
I'd say it's pretty safe here..... just stay away from the violent drunk people!

Experimentee
Nov 10th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Its very safe here. There is nothing like earthquakes or hurricanes or any natural dangers around, only bushfires, but they never come to where I live. Its not a very dangerous neighbourhood in terms of crime either.

daniela86
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Serbia isn't dangerous. No earthquakes,no bushfires,any tornados,no vulcanos......the only thing that can be dangerous is toxicomaniacs.

Truthwillout
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Down my way, the only thing that can happen is traffic accidents. But what do you expect from a country with barely 400,000 people in it?