PDA

View Full Version : Question for canadians..

Tammy
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:49 PM
about how far of a drive is it from Windsor to Toronto? :scratch:

..im sure i could look it up but im a bit busy/lazy :o

tennisIlove09
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:51 PM
i don't know, but Canadian has a capital C ;) :o

Tammy
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:56 PM
in that case you didnt capitalize I :rolleyes:

i don't know, but Canadian has a capital C ;) :o

beauty_is_pink
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:37 PM
369.5 km = 4 hours 44 mins
That's from the centre of Windsor to the centre of Toronto, since you didn't specify where it is in Windsor or Toronto you are coming/going to.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xTowJeV.wimQQVd6MsEKU7USFw--&csz=Windsor%2C+Ontario&country=ca&tcsz=Toronto%2C+Ontario&tcountry=ca

Tammy
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Thx guys :worship:

..was just wondering if i should make the trek since ill be in windsor - but thats a tad too far for me I think since ill be coming from western michigan - its about 3 1/2 hrs to windsor already.. maybe if i find sth there thats worth seeing then i can go from windsor the next day or sth but who knows ..

thx again :)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:15 PM
You can do it in 4 hours flat, and that's driving normally. Of course, that's assuming that traffic isn't total crap. It's a really simple drive too, you can take the 401 from Toronto all the way to Windsor. I'm not sure what else around Windsor is worth visiting. Windsor, imo, is a hole, although I've heard that the night life is good. London is a nice city and is only about 2 hours away, but I'm not sure what you'd visit there :p

jbone_0307
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Ive been to Windsor!!! Has anybody been to the Devonshire Mall with the Krispy Kreme across the street???

beauty_is_pink
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:25 PM
You can do it in 4 hours flat, and that's driving normally. Of course, that's assuming that traffic isn't total crap. It's a really simple drive too, you can take the 401 from Toronto all the way to Windsor. I'm not sure what else around Windsor is worth visiting. Windsor, imo, is a hole, although I've heard that the night life is good. London is a nice city and is only about 2 hours away, but I'm not sure what you'd visit there :pI was thinking of going to London next year for university. Western.
heard its a party school, but I wanna take Kin there :p

Andy Mac
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:43 PM
hey a candaian thread kinda! lol wahts up brothers and sisters (maria)

Wiggly
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:09 AM
I had no ideas! But I LOVES Toronto! It's the best Canadian City :)

Tammy
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:21 AM
I must of been confusing :p - ill be in Windsor for gambling purposes only pretty much - never really put much though into "seeing" windsor :o and i was figuring if its worth it and not to far that id head off to toronto for a day or two ;) .. but idk cuz thatd be like a 8 hr drive back to west michigan :lol:

You can do it in 4 hours flat, and that's driving normally. Of course, that's assuming that traffic isn't total crap. It's a really simple drive too, you can take the 401 from Toronto all the way to Windsor. I'm not sure what else around Windsor is worth visiting. Windsor, imo, is a hole, although I've heard that the night life is good. London is a nice city and is only about 2 hours away, but I'm not sure what you'd visit there :p

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Ah... see, i was going to suggest Niagra Falls, but that is actually further from Windsor than Toronto... who, who knew?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Nuh uh, Montreal is ;) Well, of the few I've been too. My apologies to the cities out west, I've never seen them!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:52 AM
I was thinking of going to London next year for university. Western.
London is pretty. Wester is the JC Crew school. The Queens of Western Ontario (and they trumped Queens in this years Maclean's rating - take that, Queens bitches! MUAHAHA!). You follow? ;)

I might try to get into law school there, but I don't think if I'll have the grades :p

alexusjonesfan
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:28 AM
I was thinking of going to London next year for university. Western.

congrats, half my graduating class takes Kin there ;) And it is J-Crew party central as Becca said. Western girls make York girls look chaste :o

Martian Willow
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:47 AM
London? Windsor? York? :scratch:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:09 AM
We *were* a colony, Willow. You don't expect us to make up our own names for stuff, do you? :confused:

Martian Willow
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:11 AM
No, I know that. But I didn't know there was a place called London, so when you mentioned that I got a bit confused. :)

ToeTag
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:27 AM
For me Quebec City,is the best.Toronto is grey,and dull,and over-rated.

Willow posted:No, I know that. But I didn't know there was a place called London, so when you mentioned that I got a bit confused. Hey don't forget names like Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:31 AM
No, I know that. But I didn't know there was a place called London, so when you mentioned that I got a bit confused. :)
I know you know that, you don't live in a hole. I'm just being difficult.

Yeah, there is a London. And a Paris. And a Kitchener, formerly known as Berlin (lot's of Germans settled there... that was the name prior to WW2)... among others. Again, you don't expect us to come up with our own names? We ran out of animals :(

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:32 AM
For me Quebec City,is the best.Toronto is grey,and dull,and over-rated.

Willow posted: Hey don't forget names like Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat.
Lest we forget Red Deer!

beauty_is_pink
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:35 AM
London is pretty. Wester is the JC Crew school. The Queens of Western Ontario (and they trumped Queens in this years Maclean's rating - take that, Queens bitches! MUAHAHA!). You follow? ;)

I might try to get into law school there, but I don't think if I'll have the grades :pdont knno what you're talking about :confused: :o :lol:

explain please :p

Martian Willow
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Hey don't forget names like Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat.

How could I, I have all their albums.

Captain.Canada
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:20 AM

I might try to get into law school there, but I don't think if I'll have the grades :p

Western and London do kick ass!
We're considered the Country Club.
Or some people call us The Resort.
And York, Carleton and Brock are considered last resorts... :lol:

By the way, what's the JC Crew?

alexusjonesfan
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:28 AM
If you can walk and talk...

that said, York has Osgoode Hall and Schulick...Western has the 3M Sports Medecine clinic :p

Emptiness
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Nuh uh, Montreal is ;) Well, of the few I've been too. My apologies to the cities out west, I've never seen them!Montreal>Toronto It has more character... well downtown Toronto has character too. :o:tape:
I hear Vancouver is nice as well. I haven't been to the cities out west either but really who cares? Damn hicks. ;)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Western and London do kick ass!
We're considered the Country Club.
Or some people call us The Resort.
And York, Carleton and Brock are considered last resorts... :lol:

By the way, what's the JC Crew?
York is good for some things. I've heard that they have a nice fine arts program. Aside from that, their post grad program for psychology is one of the best in the country, or at least the biggest. Also, as has been mentioned, they have Osgoode Hall.

Carleton... no comment ;)

Brock is good for accounting ;)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:54 AM
The "old" part of Quebec City is beautiful... the rest is :scared:

Wiggly
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:24 PM
The "old" part of Quebec City is beautiful... the rest is :scared:

You're right :haha:

polishprodigy
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:41 PM
I think its 3.5 hours.....

And let us not forget Kamloops, Yellowknife, Whitehorse, Iqaluit and Wawa.

alexusjonesfan
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Don't forget Scotland. Full of bonnie tobacco farms :o

polishprodigy
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM
If you can walk and talk...

that said, York has Osgoode Hall and Schulick...Western has the 3M Sports Medecine clinic :p
If you can use a fork, you can go to.......

beauty_is_pink
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:34 PM
If you can use a fork, you can go to.......YORK! :haha:
:cuckoo:

my friend plans on going their for their fine arts program.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Again, before you mock York you should investigate their Psyc grad program and their law school... because I have, and I haven't made fun of it since.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Cornwall :lol: Poor Calgary ;)