PDA

View Full Version : Man Commits Suicide Over Bush's Reelection

apoet29
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Apparently, a young man killed himself at the WTC site over President Bush's reelection.

Here is a link to the story: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/07/ground.zero.suicide.ap/index.html

Bacardi
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:14 PM
God rest his soul :sad:

I'm sure he's in a much better place, and I bet he'll never have to worry about seeing Bush again. He might be luckier than the rest of us know. Still it's sad, Bush is killing our youth, not only with war anymore. :sad:

Berlin_Calling
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:46 PM
:rolleyes:

I Love Sharapova
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Who knows why the guy killed himself? We are living in a society that thrives off of paxil,zanex and psychotropic drugs. Who knows? Drugged up and dumbed down.

apoet29
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:54 PM
It's absolutely nonsense to say "Man Commits suicide over Bush's Reelection". :rolleyes: Like if we know truly what are the motives when someone commits suicide.
Geez, everyone on the board is so irritable today! :rolleyes:

According to the people who knew this man, they feel that is why he committed suicide. I agree you never really know why someone does what, but I wrote my title with the quotes of his friends and family in mind.

Berlin_Calling
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:55 PM
are people supposed to look at this incident with admiration?

apoet29
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:58 PM
are people supposed to look at this incident with admiration?
Of course not! Any person, who commits suicide for whatever his or her reasons, is a sad loss to the world. I just posted the article because I felt that this is where our country is going.

AjdeNate!
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:59 PM
:sad: That's sad.... no matter how bad it is now....

I Love Sharapova
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:04 PM

I'm sure he's in a much better place

This statement I completely agree with,Bacardi. He doesn't have to worry about this planet earth anymore,otherwise known as hell.

beauty_is_pink
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:05 PM
this is jus taking it too far..

I Love Sharapova
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Of course not! Any person, who commits suicide for whatever his or her reasons, is a sad loss to the world. I just posted the article because I felt that this is where our country is going.
Apoet,while I don't necessarily think the man killed himself over the election,I don't think you should have to apologize for posting it. The article just gives someone some things to think about.Thanks for posting.

apoet29
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I'm not irritated; I just posted my opinion on this. It wasn't directed at you, I thought you just copy/paste the title too.
Sorry if I seemed like a bitch, but the article and the fighting in Falluja has me greatly upset today.

apoet29
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Also... Her mother only said that he was upset about the election's outcome... She does NOT say it's the reason why he commited suicide.
True, but I think his mother suspects that is the reason for why he committed suicide and his supervisor feels that his suicide was a symbolic protest.

Sadly enough, one of my dearest friends was suicidal on the day after the election and directly related his feelings to the election's outcome. That is why this article is so personal to me.

Whatever reasons he did so, it is a shame that someone who seemed to have so much to live for would commit suicide. This is tremendous loss to his family, friends, community and the world.

apoet29
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Apoet,while I don't necessarily think the man killed himself over the election,I don't think you should have to apologize for posting it. The article just gives someone some things to think about.Thanks for posting.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

JustineTime
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Well, it wasn't the first suicide at the World Trade Center. Thankfully, he at least didn't take 3000 innocent Americans with him. :rolleyes:

Brαm
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:44 PM
:bs:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:51 PM
if hes that unstable maybe its for the better :rolleyes:

flyingmachine
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:52 PM
:sad: That's sad.... no matter how bad it is now....
I'm agree with Athenaem. :sad:

Bacardi
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:56 PM

So all unstable, sick people, those mentally ill should just die?

I cannot believe it, more and more, by the passing days, you Bush supporters sound like those in Hitler's final plan rally list. Do you know he condoned putting to death those deemed mentally ill, and even those disabled?

You people are SICK!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:59 PM
lol the truth is i just love getting you worked up :p

Bacardi
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:00 PM
If that's your excuse and makes you able to sleep at night. So be it, I know I didn't vote for the man and the blood isn't on my hands. :wavey:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:02 PM
but blood is on your hands for bringing as much hate into this world as even the worst homophobe, psychobitch

Bacardi
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:06 PM
I'm a homophobe and yet I'm gay? :lol:

Nah, the only blood that would be on my hands is that of the dear (and I'd be a SAINT for doing it too)....... oh nevermind, I don't have to say it. It's in the signature. :devil:

Veritas
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Apparently, a young man killed himself at the WTC site over President Bush's reelection.

Here is a link to the story: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/07/ground.zero.suicide.ap/index.html

:eek: :sad:

I feel sorry for him. It's a shame that some people can take things to the extreme. I mean, this is Bush's last term and he'll have to do things a lot more carefully if he wants the Republicans to have a fighting chance in the next election.

Fingon
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:14 AM

I'm sure he's in a much better place, and I bet he'll never have to worry about seeing Bush again. He might be luckier than the rest of us know. Still it's sad, Bush is killing our youth, not only with war anymore. :sad:
I am sorry but to blame Bush for this is way over the top. If a guy commits suicide obviously he had his issues. If her really killed himself over an election result I can't feel sorry for him, it's kind of over dramatizing.

Fingon
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:16 AM
really, if this guy is representative of where your country is going, then the american problems are waaaay bigger than anybody can imagine, and certainly Bush is the smallest of them.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:06 AM
hmm i wasn't calling you a homophobe, simply making a comparison
and you claim republicans are stupid? :lol:

harloo
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
How sad. I have never heard anyone going as far as committing suicide because of a candidate won. Maybe he was thinking about the possibility of being drafted?:sad:

njguido11
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:58 AM
How sad. I have never heard anyone going as far as committing suicide because of a candidate won. Maybe he was thinking about the possibility of being drafted?:sad:

Oh my god are u for real??? Dont you think he'd wait too see if an actual draft was imposed. What a STUPID statement to make. Now i sound like you democrats.

Hulet
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:08 AM
This person kind of reminded me of another protester who killed himself in the lead up to the Iraq war: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/03/21/MN280768.DTL

I guess those kind of incidents are motivated by the extreme feeling of powerlessness to stop what one views as wrong in this world. Of course, suicide is not going to fix it or may be it does (afterall once you are dead there is no world with all its injustices). Don't know, I just know it's sad. :sad:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:43 AM
:rolleyes: May God send him to hell for taking his own life :rolleyes:

go hingis
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:38 AM
I hope his resting in peace, and wish his family strength in this hard time.

There are so many different reasons people do this, and I dont' think anyone can really judge.

I've heard many times that most males will go thru a chemical inbalance during their lives which is one of the biggest reasons males commit suicide.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Oh my god are u for real??? Dont you think he'd wait too see if an actual draft was imposed. What a STUPID statement to make. Now i sound like you democrats.
By generalizing democrats you are absolutely no better than the people who assume that you are a redneck, bible thumping moron for voting Bush :wavey:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Why do people's IQ suddently drop below 60 when suicide is being discussed?
It's not just the topic of suicide that does it...

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:58 AM
While the election result may well have been the trigger that set this guy, there was obviously a lot more wrong with him than that. Directly blaming Bush and blah (as a couple posters have done) is pretty :retard:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:59 AM
:rolleyes: May God send him to hell for taking his own life :rolleyes:
Are you for real?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:00 AM
So all unstable, sick people, those mentally ill should just die?

I cannot believe it, more and more, by the passing days, you Bush supporters sound like those in Hitler's final plan rally list. Do you know he condoned putting to death those deemed mentally ill, and even those disabled?

You people are SICK!
:retard:

*Karen*
Nov 8th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Bush isn't that bad

kabuki
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:02 PM

Classy.

nash
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Very, very sad... My heart breaks for his family, and my prayers are with them...

Life is a precious gift, not something to be thrown away because of a Presidential election...

Dahveed
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Gosh if you had to kill yourself anytime you're unhappy about some political matter, there wouldn't be a lot of people left. I think this guy had other issues. Well i hope so!

I Love Sharapova
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Look,to be completely honest,I think it is silly to assume that Bush's reelection drove someone to do this. There are many troubled people in this world. People believe every little theory that they hear about and take it for granted that it is gospel. I for one do believe that the whole world is going to hell in a hand basket. Am I going to kill myself? Not likely.
However, sometimes life can become so overbearing for a person that they wind up in a mental institution or a morgue. That is just a fact of life. Like I said, I can see why people would want to leave earth,otherwise known as hell, but...........I have never really condoned suicide anymore than I do murder.

Circe
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Look,to be completely honest,I think it is silly to assume that Bush's reelection drove someone to do this. There are many troubled people in this world. People believe every little theory that they hear about and take it for granted that it is gospel. I for one do believe that the whole world is going to hell in a hand basket. Am I going to kill myself? Not likely.
However, sometimes life can become so overbearing for a person that they wind up in a mental institution or a morgue. That is just a fact of life. Like I said, I can see why people would want to leave earth,otherwise known as hell, but...........I have never really condoned suicide anymore than I do murder.
it quite possible drove him to it, even if it wasnt the only cause. last straw that broke the salamander's back. or camel or whatever.

Paneru
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:10 PM
How awful! :sad:

God bless him and his family!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:23 PM
it quite possible drove him to it, even if it wasnt the only cause. last straw that broke the salamander's back. or camel or whatever.
I agree. LIke I said, it could well have been a trigger but there were clearly other things that were wrong.

harloo
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:35 PM
The draft is inevitable fool. We don't have enough troops as it is, and the Military is calling up reserves who have completed their obligation.

I never said the reason he committed suicide was because of the draft being reinstated, I only suggested the possibility. For all anyone knows his suicide could be credited to totally unrelated reasons. However, I do think committing the act at the WTC is indicative that it had something to do with the election.

As for you silly democrat comment, you should look in this thread alone and read some of the nasty comments about this guys death from your conservative buddys. :rolleyes:

Joseosu19
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:33 PM

Give me a break...
First of all, there could be an argument made that he isn't in a better place, because he comitted suicide, whihc many consider a HUGE sin, but that's a completely different topic.

Second of all, Bush didn't kill him, nor did Bush have anything to do with this. How horrible of you to blame this young man's life on Bush. How would you feel if someone wrongfully accused you of "killing" someone?

CooCooCachoo
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:36 PM
It's bad that Bush got elected, but there's no way you should kill yourself over it :o

apoet29
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Give me a break...
First of all, there could be an argument made that he isn't in a better place, because he comitted suicide, whihc many consider a HUGE sin, but that's a completely different topic.

Second of all, Bush didn't kill him, nor did Bush have anything to do with this. How horrible of you to blame this young man's life on Bush. How would you feel if someone wrongfully accused you of "killing" someone?
There are many arguments that could be made about suicide, so there is no point to go there. It is sad that this young man decided to take his life, but that is a choice that he made in the end. The fact that he did so at the WTC is very telling about his state of mind.

I never blamed Bush. I never said that it was Bush's fault. This man decided to kill himself. He made that choice, not Bush. I do feel that, while there are always extenuating circumstances, perhaps the election result pushed him over the edge.

I do think his death and the deaths of thousands in Iraq and on 9/11 are symbolic of the general malaise that has infected our country. I'm not sure whether Bush's ouster would have helped change the direction of our country, but it couldn't have hurt either.

I Love Sharapova
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure whether Bush's ouster would have helped change the direction of our country, but it couldn't have hurt either.
Ummm,yeah it could have hurt. I did not relish the possibility of having a President who would lick the balls of the United Nations.

Helen Lawson
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Wouldn't he wait a couple of months to see how things panned out?

Tratree
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:33 PM
According to this article (http://nypost.com/news/regionalnews/33757.htm), they all assumed wrong.

Helen Lawson
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Kook! I can't understand suicide by shotgun. Just take like a whole bottle of blue ones like Jennifer North, die nice. Don't die all messy and stuff. I'm too much of a ham for a closed casket.

Bacardi
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Give me a break...

You want to say he's not a murderer? You want to say Bush isn't a killer, watch this, and if you have any heart in your chest that isn't black as coal, you'll agree he's doing this to these innocent people.

http://www.bushflash.com/pl_lo.html

http://www.bushflash.com/antivic.html

Bacardi
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:11 PM
http://www.iraqbodycount.net

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:28 PM
can you ever just provide an objective link?

Bacardi
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:24 PM
can you ever just provide an objective link?

Can you even tell the truth?

You are 84 years old MY ASS, try more like underage. I guess mboyle keeps recruiting his little goonies from the 'Young Republicans' club.

I think Lindsay is a little too old for you boy. She was born in 77, she's got a good 8 or so years on you. Plus her results are nothing to shine about. No wonder you are so defensive, if that's your favorite player and your mood reflects her results. :haha:

I can't help it, you won't pay attention to media outside of that homophobic bible thumping state you call Texas (which by the way is just a part of Mexico, and I'm sure you hate that since you are so racist). But if you paid attention and watched the videos you'd see what the rest of the world saw, that the US doesn't want you to. Talk to anyone outside the US and ask them about their news coverage of Iraq. Then again, I don't expect any close minded Texian to ever view the world, from an angle any differently than a cow field. :o

Bacardi
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Anyone else find this odd, this story was never touched on by any of the major TV networks? I bet it might be now, since they found out it wasn't exactly over Bush. But I'd say this guy knew Bush getting relected (by cheating) was just the final straw.

cheesestix
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:43 PM
But I'd say this guy knew Bush getting relected (by cheating) was just the final straw.

That's why he didn't even mention it in his notes over his last few days on Earth? :rolleyes:

Circe
Nov 10th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Ummm,yeah it could have hurt. I did not relish the possibility of having a President who would lick the balls of the United Nations.
is this what they call "swallowing the (party) line"? not to mention the hook and the sinker?

Martian KC
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Stupid people deserve to die.

Volcana
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:51 AM
hApparently, a young man killed himself at the WTC site over President Bush's reelection.

Here is a link to the story: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/07/ground.zero.suicide.ap/index.htmlIf he was upset over Bush being re-elected, it's a shame he shot HIMSELF. Why not aim at the actual problem? Sure the Secret Service would probably get you, but given you're gonna be dead either way, why not try and do the rest of us a favor.:)

I do not, however, make light of his death. He seems a very conscientious person.

DeDe4925
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:05 AM
That's horrible news. Bush is just not worth it, if that was the cause.

Circe
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Stupid people deserve to die.
starting with a certain stupid head of state...?
blah i dont wish him dead. what would become of late-night comedy without him around to provide cannon fodder?

Volcana
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:39 AM
:rolleyes: You might not like Bush but he doesn't deserve to die.History will judge that. The guy who had to go to Vietnam so Bush could be in the Texas AIr National Guard might not see it the same way you do. If HE didn't die in Vietnam.

However, I merely point out that if you are going to see you life end over a certain event, why not end it COUNTERING that event? Success is unlikely, in this case, but what difference does that make? You end up dead in 99% of the possible realities, ither way. But in that telltale 1%, you eliminate the problem you were so upset over.

jcaprulez
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Obviously this guy had other problems. Nobody would kill themselves over something as dumb as that.

Martian KC
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:50 PM
starting with a certain stupid head of state...?
blah i dont wish him dead. what would become of late-night comedy without him around to provide cannon fodder?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Fingon
Nov 10th, 2004, 06:48 PM
hIf he was upset over Bush being re-elected, it's a shame he shot HIMSELF. Why not aim at the actual problem? Sure the Secret Service would probably get you, but given you're gonna be dead either way, why not try and do the rest of us a favor.

I do not, however, make light of his death. He seems a very conscientious person.
really, I used to consider you an intelligent poster although I would disagree often.
Got a really childy attitude because I said you seemed to believe all what terrorists said, and I said that I was probably using the wrong words.
Now I am sure I wasn't, your comments, not only here are truly disturbing and IMO show you are a very sick person and really need help.
You have tried to convert this board in your forum for your social revindication, literally hijacking it with posting dozen of different articles every day trying to convince people not to vote for Bush.
Tried to portray yourself like a fighter, a socially concious individual that fights for the right of minorities, year right, on a message board.
Anyway, that was acceptable for me, but since the election, you are now asking for crimes, illegal acts, dirty tactics, assassination, you are really sick, you are so bitter and full of hatred that have clearly crossed the line, all your attempts to look like a reasonable and balanced person fade away now, you are a psycho and I hope people realize that before paying attention to your bullshit again.
You don't even have the excuse of being young and ignorant, and are intelligent enough to know this is not a joke.

Fingon
Nov 10th, 2004, 06:50 PM
However, I merely point out that if you are going to see you life end over a certain event, why not end it COUNTERING that event? Success is unlikely, in this case, but what difference does that make? You end up dead in 99% of the possible realities, ither way. But in that telltale 1%, you eliminate the problem you were so upset over.
in a word, you support suicide terrorists,

enough said, the true volcana has spoken.

Car Key Boi
Nov 12th, 2004, 11:51 PM

Rest In Peace Jealous Roger