PDA

View Full Version : US residents ask about living in NZ

pav
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:26 AM
They had similar on our news tonight,and made special mention of inquiries from gay people( don't they trust George W) I wonder if this is duplicated in many other countries?

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20041106-110045-7101r.htm

go hingis
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:21 AM
"Don't they trust george W"

Lol, who does???????

jelena4me
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:12 AM
As a resident of NZ, I should warn them that there are plenty of fundamentalist homophobes out here too, one of them is the Destiny Church who have been noisy in opposing gay marriage.

Thankfully, at least the labour government is committed to being a totally secular organisation.

chapel
Nov 8th, 2004, 09:18 AM
nz? .....and do what, milk cows? :D ................im probably gona get smashed for saying this.

seriously now, why nz? there are other countries like dutchland (i think) that supports gay/lesbian relationships.

alfajeffster
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:12 PM
nz? .....and do what, milk cows? :D ................im probably gona get smashed for saying this.

seriously now, why nz? there are other countries like dutchland (i think) that supports gay/lesbian relationships.
Actually, it'd be pretty cool to work on some of those vinyards in the Marlboro district- producing all that fantastic Sauvignon Blanc. I'd love to visit!

Bezz
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:17 PM

I think yu mean the netherlands-where Dutch people live ;).

!<blocparty>!
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:33 PM

Yeah it was a dumb fuck thing to say :)

NZ is one of the nicest places on earth. And it's not really known for it's cows. I think you'll find there's a lot more sheep.

Helen Lawson
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:38 PM
I've never been, but I heard it was amazing and beautiful. Anne Welles told me she wanted to move there with Lyon Burke, but it's like next to impossible to work there if you're not a citizen and it's like next to impossible to become a citizen. So unless you have unlimited funds like Anne Welles (all that Gillian Girl money), you can visit but you can't live there.

I guess you could live in a tent in the woods, but I think that would get old after like a week.

alfajeffster
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I guess you could live in a tent in the woods, but I think that would get old after like a week.I would think that would all depend on the size of the Maori guide...:eek:

Paneru
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:13 PM
"Don't they trust george W"

Lol, who does???????

Can't blame 'em! :lol:

That is unless they didn't vote
ofcourse! ;)

Helen Lawson
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:24 PM
I would think that would all depend on the size of the Maori guide...:eek:
Ok, maybe it gets old after like 4 weeks.

J_Migoe
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:44 AM
i love new zealand!!!

jelena4me
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Plenty of cows for milking down here, but yeah theres a lot more sheep. 40 or so for every person I think.

Probably more sheep sh*ggers down here than gays.

chapel
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:17 AM
I think yu mean the netherlands-where Dutch people live ;).
oh yeah? coz i always thought it's called dutchland and the country down under ozland. .....you learn something new everyday.

Cuckoo
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Yeah, The Destiny Church march towards parliament was nothing but a force of hatred and homophobic tendencies. Then the adults allowing the children, no younger then 6 or 7 getting them involved in the march and influenceing to chant their slogans. Just seeing those Kids trying to tell the Media what they think (Obviously what their Parents and Destiny Church Members have taught them) really vapourised any credibility that the march may have had. and thats very little to start with!

err...Us Kiwis don't have many Moo's ;) We have more baaa's, thats why where notoriously famous for being sheep shaggers ;)

and Marlborough, ;) yes a great wine producing region, and is still developing aswell!! Not far away from Christchurch, about a 3-3 1/2 drive away.