PDA

View Full Version : This is what Vera needs to do to end yr in top 10. Can she do it ?

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 6th, 2004, 12:01 PM
** winning Phili tourn will give her top 10 100%

** if she loses today she has to make semis in LA :o

** If she loses final in Phili, she has to either win two matches or her ONE win has to be over the top ranked player in her gp, that means if she is in Davenports gp she has to beat her, or if she is in Amelie's gp she has to beat her.

so its pretty tough

DEETHELICK
Nov 6th, 2004, 01:11 PM
The way she played yesterday could easily lock up her Top 10 place with a title here. And she would deserve it purely for the tennis she has sown this week. May this sort of tennis be played throughout 2005.

Chunchun
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:54 PM
GOOOO Bepa! hopefully u can do it!! :worship: :kiss:

JC Federer
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:57 PM
The top 10 is an awfully crowded place, even more so when the injured return. A lot of girls are expecting to get in there, like Molik.

Vera has been in the top 10 before if I'm not mistaken. But pushed back out.

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:24 PM
All I want is for Vera to play in L.A. the same way she played in California and Montreal this summer.
Vera beat Sveta and Maria. And had 9 match points against Anastasia.

Elldee
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I think she'll make the final in Philli and get a QF at the YEC.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I think she'll make the final in Philli and get a QF at the YEC.
QF in YEC will be a tough ask as there are only 8 players in LA :angel:

Pengwin
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Whatever her group is, e.g.

Mauresmo
Myskina
Sharapova
Zvonareva

that will be very hard to get out of in the top two really.

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 01:04 AM
I think that Bepa can defeat the other Russians if she remains focused.

She has defeated both Masha and Sveta this year, has been extremely close to Nastya until choking, and was punishing Lena D until she suffered a trademark meltdown at the US Open.

I'm extremely positive about her chances, and I feel the more Russians she faces, the better.

Gowza
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:59 AM
vera also pushed mauresmo to 6-4 in the 3rd set in a match last year, ok its been a year and both have improved but i think vera can beat mauresmo.

goldenlox
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:38 PM
** If she loses final in Phili, she has to either win two matches or her ONE win has to be over the top ranked player in her gp, that means if she is in Davenports gp she has to beat her, or if she is in Amelie's gp she has to beat her.

so its pretty tough
Vera can beat Sveta and Maria, but she has to be playing her best tennis.

Daniel
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Vera plays momo first match of her group. tough opener but i know she can win :worship:

Sugiyama=#1
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:38 AM
0-3 in YEC, I guess it's never meant to happen.