PDA

View Full Version : Mary lost 6-4 7-6

remyremy
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Mary lost. Not a surprise. What more can we say ? It is the end of the season : take some rest Mary, find someone to be with you during the whole 2005 season, and come back to make us dream. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Mark Spruce
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Well said Remy,

I just wonder about FED CUP

Mark

sebbe
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:37 PM
I'm glad that this season is over.

NicoMary
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Mary should and probably could not play in the fed cup...this loose against Jidkova is her "less worst" defeat in that end of season...Mary has to take some rest...really...

Jidkova beat top seed Mary Pierce, 64 76(8).
"I tried to use the same tactics as last week - mix it up and not just rally," said Jidkova, whose varied shots forced errors from Pierce, especially on the forehand side.

Jidkova claimed the only break in the match in the very first game for the early advantage. Her serve rarely faltered, which proved crucial in securing the win.

"Holding serve was the key for me," said Jidkova, who needed five match points in the decisive tie-break. "I wish I had a good serve at 6-4 in the tie-break, but it was nice to win on an ace."

"She played a good match and served very well," said Pierce, the only seed in the quarterfinals. "I made too many errors in the second set, which made a big difference." :sad:

Jidkova is now through to her second semifinal of the year, after Vancouver in August. She faces qualifier Abigail Spears, who advanced to her first career Tier III semifinal with a win over Lubomira Kurhajocova, 64 76(4).

mamno_MARYFAN
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Too bad Mary lost...:sad:
Oh well...what can we say??? I hope Mary will come back next year firing!!!:bounce:
Go Mary!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

ashwu
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:47 AM
oh well...

will mary play fed cup now?

NicoMary
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:13 PM
oh well...

will mary play fed cup now?

Probably yes...because the first round is against Spain:rolleyes: Mary will probably be in the team..;but she may not play singles:sad:

spindoctor
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Probably yes...because the first round is against Spain:rolleyes: Mary will probably be in the team..;but she may not play singles:sad:

It depends on how her shoulder is healing but as for now she's going to play.

Andy.
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Its sad to see such a great Champion of old playing at such a great level.