PDA

View Full Version : Anti American!

Shenanigans
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Before the election day a friend was translating an article for me in a Swiss newspaper that said Sheryl Crow supported Bush!! I was confused cause I thought she would be more of a Kerry supporter.

Anyway I did my own little search on the internet and found she was a democrat but more than that I was horrified at some of the sites there are that people are called anti american for not supporting Bush!

I am from the UK but live in France and generally in these countries there is no problem in disliking your leader and his policies but it does not make you any less patriotic.

Can those non Bush supporters in the states go on and oppose him?

Sally Struthers
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Don't confuse not supporting Bush with being anti american. The anti americans on top of not liking bush want the whole country to go to ruin (and even get attacked) just to prove their point that Bush is the root of all evil.

vogus
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Before the election day a friend was translating an article for me in a Swiss newspaper that said Sheryl Crow supported Bush!! I was confused cause I thought she would be more of a Kerry supporter.

Anyway I did my own little search on the internet and found she was a democrat but more than that I was horrified at some of the sites there are that people are called anti american for not supporting Bush!

I am from the UK but live in France and generally in these countries there is no problem in disliking your leader and his policies but it does not make you any less patriotic.

Can those non Bush supporters in the states go on and oppose him?

dont be naive and foolish please, of course there is huge opposition to Bush in the U.S. by the Democrats and some other smaller parties as well. In the US just as in any democratic country, there is no problem "disliking our leader and opposing his policies," and of course it does not make us any less patriotic.