PDA

View Full Version : Mary Won 6/3 6/4

Andy.
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Mary won 6/3 6/4 thats a pretty good start hopefully it will be the start of god things to come for this tournament. Good Luck for the rest of the tournament Mary

Dan23
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:16 AM
[1] Mary Pierce (FRA) d. Mariana Diaz-Oliva (ARG) 6-3 6-4

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XJQB111110421_1024x768.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XJQB110110421_1024x768.jpg

Mark Spruce
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Well done Mary !!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you.

go Mary

regards

Mark

Mark Spruce
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Mary now plays Alina Jidkova

regards

Mark

cakiteror
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:56 AM
i hope she wins this tournament.she deservs a title.

NicoMary
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Pierce has been battling a right shoulder strain this week, an injury that forced her to withdraw from her doubles match on Wednesday night. Prior to the match, Pierce wasn't for sure she would be able to play in her singles match.

"I was surprised and happy," said Pierce of the win. "I wasn't sure if I would play or not. I didn't play too bad. She also play well.

"I had a drop in my concentration at the beginning of the second set. I was not 100 percent in my shots, but it was enough."

Pierce will next take on Russia's Alina Jidkova, who survived a tough match with Canadian Stephanie Dubois, 36 76(6) 76(5).

"She's definitely a very good player," said Pierce on playing Jidkova. "She had a good win against Serena (Williams) last week, so she'll have a lot of confidence right now. I hope it will be a good match."

Mary seems to be motivated that is quit a good surprise!!!!!:bounce:

amnesiac
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:58 AM
it will be not easy against alina!
i hope she will win!
go mary

mamno_MARYFAN
Nov 5th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Cool...that's a relief...great win Mary!!!:bounce:

Emm...the scoreline's not too bad...at least in straight sets...:rolleyes:

So...next is Jidkova...I haven't seen her play before...I'm not sure how Mary'll play her...but I hope she can keep this momentum on all the way to her 3rd final of the year!!!:bounce:

Good luck....GO MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

remyremy
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Ouf! One more win. Bravo Mary. I hope her shoulder will be fine. Jidkova is definitely a big test in this tournament for Mary. Jidkova is not vry powerful but she has good shots and she keeps the ball in the court by defending well. Mary will have to be powerful and careful about her unforced errors. But I'm worried by another player : Karatancheva. If Mary win to Jidkova, Karatancheva will be the last real opponent in this tournament for Mary. This young girl (15 years old I think) will be certainly a top ten player soon. But I know that Mary has often good results against young players (golovin, sharapova, schaull etc...).
So courage Mary, it's the good one :bounce: , come on! :kiss:

Mark Spruce
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Nicolas, thanks for posting that, where did you find it ???

regards

Mark

Piotrek
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Well done Mary :bounce: Finally :)

NicoMary
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Nicolas, thanks for posting that, where did you find it ???

regards

Mark
There was an article on Wtatour.com... Jidkova is a baseline hitter player, she run really fast and she uses her opponent power:mad: , so Pierce will have to win the points in two or three shots..;I'm pretty sure she can win, even if she is not at 100%...Jidkova's match against Serena wasn't amazing...But Mary will have to play at least at 55%...