PDA

View Full Version : OMG...probably one of the worst things I've heard, but so funny...

CoryAnnAvants#1
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:46 PM
I just got an email from my mom (who runs a school for autistic/retarded kids in NYC) and she said that in Florida, this woman in Florida who was a graduate student to become a special ed teacher was working with these kids all year. So just last week, she had to put together a dance routine for these kids to do to celebrate them being done for the year.

The song she picked? "Let's get Retarded" by the Black Eyed Peas:eek: :o :lol: :worship: There was a video clip on the email too and I just about pissed my pants. It's so wrong on so many levels, yet absolutely hysterical.

Apparently the woman thought it would be "cute," but she was fired from her job because every parent watching was sooo incredibly offended lol.

Mildred Pierce
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I must be getting old. 'The Black Eyed who'?

kikker
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:00 PM
WTF :mad: this woman must be realy stupid to let these kids dance
on ''let's get retarded''

but on the other hand it's hilarious :haha:

Hagar
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Well, this makes me think about a tragicomical story I heard from a girl who worked in an institute for people with multiple handicaps (for example: blind or deaf and mentally deficient at the same time).

She told me that people who are mentally deficient like music which most of us would consider "simple", with dumb melodies and text.

Anyway, there was this not so good song by a Flemish singer and the title was "Beautiful, life is beautiful" (for the Flemish people: I'm talking about "MOOI, het leven is MOOI").
So the people in this institute were dancing and singing along this song only they changed two letters in the title. The result was that they were singing was "Never, life is never" ("NOOIT, het leven is NOOIT).
When I heard this story I did not know whether to laugh or cry. It was very funny on the one hand and also very sad.

*Karen*
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:03 PM
I hate that song. They thought it was too offensive in Britain, so they changed the lyrics to "lets get it started".

selking
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:14 PM
can you email it to monseles9@yahoo.com