PDA

View Full Version : Time for another Aussie Quiz

AUSBOY
Nov 4th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Will post answers in a few days, have a crack and try not to cheat!!

1.) Which player with a favourable win loss of 20-19 this year has only reached one Quarter Final in the last 20 months and her best result in that time is 2nd round of a $25K!

2.) Which Aussie despite playing 12 tournaments on home soil over the last two years had lost only once to a fellow Aussie in that time until the other week and is 9 wins, 2 losses against Aussies now in the last two years.

3.) Apart from the current lot of the Dominikovics, Calderwoods, Lucas', and Welfords, name 5 other Aussie sister acts that have both played singles in same satellite/challenger in the last 8 years (There are probably more than five!).

4.) Which Aussie has a 6-0 6-0 win over bagel girl Nancy Loeffler-Caro?

5.) Who was the last Australian to qualify for the US Open?

6.) Stubbs, Molik, Pratt are all current top 30 doubles players, who was 4th most recent Aussie, not including Dokic to be inside the top 30?

7.) Which Aussie once got bagelled in a set by Kournikova?

8.) Besides Alicia Molik and Evie Dominikovic, name 2 other players in the last 10 years who have won at least 10 matches in a row on the circuit (hint this includes satellites/challengers!) List tournaments making up the run and year.

9.) Who was the last Aussie to win Surbiton $25K?

10.) Which 3 Aussies have wins over Elke Clistjers, and which top 10 Aussie got bageled in a set by Elke!

TS
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:05 PM
I'm doing this without cheating.

1)I'm guessing Mireille Dittmann? Reason? She has to figure in at least one of your quiz type of things ;)

2)Cindy Watson? I was going to say Evie....but Evie's record against fellow Aussie's is higher than that I assume...

3)Mireille and Natalie Dittmann....Darya and Maria Ivanov....Beti and Sally Sekulovski....Renee and what's her face Reid (Tara?)...Bryanne and some girl with a bogan spelt name (like Kyleigh) Stewart?....Christina and Maria Wheeler....(what the hell has happened to little Maria anyway?).....

4)Cindy Watson?

5)Lisa McShea

6)no idea/can't recall....Catherine Barclay?

7)no idea/can't recall...Nicole Pratt?

8)Lisa McShea (can't be arsed listing them but it was the Victorian $10K's in 02)....Monique Adamczak in the Vic $10K's in 03...not sure if they were back to back though??? Samantha Stosur in the Japanese $10K's in Sep 01....

9)Nicole Pratt?

10)Jaslyn Hewitt's beaten her I think...it's late, I don't know and I can't be bothered cheating to find out :p

AUSBOY
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Not a bad effort for 3am TS, LOL

Sucked you into a few wrong answers though hehe :p

ozfan44
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:46 AM
1.) Which player with a favourable win loss of 20-19 this year has only reached one Quarter Final in the last 20 months and her best result in that time is 2nd round of a $25K!

Christina Horiatopoulos

2.) Which Aussie despite playing 12 tournaments on home soil over the last two years had lost only once to a fellow Aussie in that time until the other week and is 9 wins, 2 losses against Aussies now in the last two years.

Evie Dominikovic

3.) Apart from the current lot of the Dominikovics, Calderwoods, Lucas', and Welfords, name 5 other Aussie sister acts that have both played singles in same satellite/challenger in the last 8 years (There are probably more than five!).

Dittmanns, Iavnovs, Sekulovskis, Wheelers & ?????????????

4.) Which Aussie has a 6-0 6-0 win over bagel girl Nancy Loeffler-Caro?

Cindy this year wasn't it?

5.) Who was the last Australian to qualify for the US Open?

Lisa McShea - those were the days!

6.) Stubbs, Molik, Pratt are all current top 30 doubles players, who was 4th most recent Aussie, not including Dokic to be inside the top 30?

Rachel McQuillan?

7.) Which Aussie once got bagelled in a set by Kournikova?

Pratty

8.) Besides Alicia Molik and Evie Dominikovic, name 2 other players in the last 10 years who have won at least 10 matches in a row on the circuit (hint this includes satellites/challengers!) List tournaments making up the run and year.

Rachel McQuillan, Kristen Van Elden

9.) Who was the last Aussie to win Surbiton $25K?

Sewell won doubles there this year!

10.) Which 3 Aussies have wins over Elke Clistjers, and which top 10 Aussie got bageled in a set by Elke!

Cindy Watson, Jaslyn Hewitt, Sam Stosur
Bagel: Pratty