PDA

View Full Version : Mary not playing doubles now

Mark Spruce
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Mary is not playing doubles now, I got this from the official site. I translated and go the basics I hope.

She had to withdraw as she has a slight injury with the right shoulder and wanted to concentrate on the singles.

I apolise to all French speaking people if I have got it wrong. Below is it is French.

I hope that so much Mary can play and win in the singles.

regards

Mark
__________________________________________________ __________

Québec, le 3 novembre 2004 – Le directeur général du Challenge Bell, présenté par Cisco Systems, M. Jacques Hérisset, a annoncé à 19h40 ce soir que la Française Mary Pierce a été victime d’une blessure à l’épaule droite. Voulant se concentrer uniquement sur le simple, elle déclare donc forfait pour le double, privant ainsi sa partenaire, la Québécoise Mélanie Marois, d’une participation au tableau principal du double.

Pierce s’est infligé cette blessure lors d’un entraînement en salle lundi dernier. Aucun autre détail n’a pu être connu sur la nature exacte de la blessure.

Son entrée en simple sur le court central est malgré tout prévu pour demain en soirée, alors qu’elle affrontera au deuxième match l’Argentine Mariana Diaz-Oliva.

mamno_MARYFAN
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:27 AM
I support her desicion...Mary should very much concentrate on singles...the draw looked so good...and Daniela just lost...:sad: so there's nobody there I wanted to win except Mary anyway...;)

Go Mary!!!!:bounce:

remyremy
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Yeah, Mary has a great chance. But I am a bit worried about the time difference, that is huge! Monday, Mary was still in Paris (Masters series of Paris) and certainly tuesday too. She begins to play today, so she will play every day. So I hope she won't be too tired. We'll see. Courage Mary :kiss:

spindoctor
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:25 AM
The time difference is not that bad besides she has travelled westbound which is always a little bit easier as far as jetlag is concerned. She'll feel a little tired but tennis players are used to this and those who've been on tour for a long time know all the tricks to make the time difference transition easier. If she loses her first match I think it will be for other reasons than being a little tired.
Go Mary!

Mark Spruce
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Hello Spindocotor, I have to agree it is easier to travel West I have done it quite a few times this past few years. And always found it ieasier than travelling east.

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

spindoctor
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Mark, it's a medical-physiological tested fact that westbound travel is easier. It's a little bit ironic because it takes a little longer to fly west than east.

Mark Spruce
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Hi Spin, yes that is true. The world is a weird and wonderful place.

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark