PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to announce my candidacy for President of the United States in 2016

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:43 PM
I mentioned it in a thread yesterday and its time I made it official. I want to be elected president in 2016. At that time I will be 38 years and if you think I am great now, just imagine just how much greater I will be with twelve more years of life experience under my belt.

It is never too early to start planning ahead so here are a few things about my political stances:

I'm a middle of the road Democrat and I can't stand the following groups:
1) Anyone who leans too far right
2) Anyone who leans too far left
3) Celebrities and musicians who think that I give a shit about their thoughts and ideas.
4) Michael Moore

I'm pro-choice (I don't like it being abused though, take some time to think of birth control, people)

I was for removing Saddam from power but not in the manner that it was executed. For that matter, I'm for scaling back our constant overseeing of the world. We are not the be all and end all. Yes, when certain things happen we as a country need to help those in need, but we need to stop butting into things that aren't our business.

I believe in God but don't believe in using that belief to make decisions that cause ramifications for the rest of the country

I'm for limited stem-cell research

I think that gay marriages and equal rights is a positive thing

There that should take care of a lot of the hot button issues but if you have any questions, fire away.

I'm Steam and I want to be your president. Not the next one but the one that is next to the one that is next to that.

Pengwin
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:50 PM
I
3) Celebrities and musicians who think that I give a shit about their thoughts and ideas.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4) Michael Moore

:devil:

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:12 PM
How about Steam-cell research?

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:15 PM
The cloning of Steam? I like it!

GBFH
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:21 PM
:lol:

don't you have to hold some sort of political office before you can run for president? plans, steamer?

will you eradicate the law that says baseball can't be tried for antitrust? it's very annoying that that's the only thing i remember from my undergrad business law class.

you forgot the obligatory "i will lower taxes" line. or will this be the first no-B.S. political campaign?

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
The cloning of Steam? I like it!

If you are cloned, how would we know for which one to vote? You though can have only one, just to complete your ticket.. :lol:

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:27 PM
:lol:

don't you have to hold some sort of political office before you can run for president? plans, steamer?

will you eradicate the law that says baseball can't be tried for antitrust? it's very annoying that that's the only thing i remember from my undergrad business law class.

you forgot the obligatory "i will lower taxes" line. or will this be the first no-B.S. political campaign?
Nope, I'm going straight for the presidency. Fuck that working my way up bullshit. I ain't got the time for that.

Nope, I won't touch that law. Baseball should be exempt for that bullshit. I will just make sure that the owners and players always have a deal and will force my will on them.

I am not going to lie about taxes to get ahead. I have no idea if I will lower taxes or not. Obviously, I would like to minimize the taxation of the public but sometimes you need to increase governmental revenue to meet your budget. Those are just the facts.

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:31 PM
If you are cloned, how would we know for which one to vote? You though can have only one, just to complete your ticket.. :lol:
I would make my clones wear special identifiers to label them as clones.

apoet29
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:29 PM
Hey, if you win, can I be your Secretary of State? I finally want to put my political science degree to good use.

Or even better, can I be your First Lady? ;)

Bacardi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:57 PM
Steam, althou you and I disagree on a lot of things... I'd gladly support you in 2016... So long as I'm still an American. And I'm trying my damnedest to get out of being one at the moment.

Just make it OK for Joey and I to get married, and adopt a child... pretty please. :)

GBFH
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:26 AM
who will be your running mate?

wait...you should just get rid of the vice president, altogether. they are useless.

you need to send some government funding WTAworld's way...that's like, a couple thousand votes straightaway.

LeonHart
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Ok I'll vote for ya ;)

I also hate when famous people voice about who they want to vote for (and take it upon themselves to pressure others to vote their way)

Frank Riley
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Fuck even I would elect Steam over Bush:

I was making a point at another site about how the 2004 election went and how the West Coast and upper Eastern Coast voted for Kerry and how the Heart Land of the USA voted for Bush. Truth is the USA is very divided. I actual made many responses basically saying that educated people that speak correct English voted for Kerry and that those with speach problems voted for Bush. This is my last response and I have brought it here so you may comment and we can get this all out in the open. I am sure many European people have a thought and response. If you did not like the last two years get ready for 4 more years just like it. I am from California a State that voted for Kerry all the way. This is your chance to let it all out so go for it!

Kerry is the better man and we all can see that. Kerry is a real war vet, Kerry has a much better education, Kerry has better ideas, Kerry won all the debates and to be honest Bush is screwing up the USA.

I have been across the USA many times and I have lived in many States, I know exactly what I am talking about. The South is the South and it is still full of slow talking ignorant white people that know nothing about Europe and they also hate blacks very much down there, racism is very strong in the South and it in no wonder they want to kill more Arabs in the South.

First word G.W. Bush said when he had won and gave a speach, he said Yall, that is both poor grammer and incorrect words that mean nothing, he should have said "thank you everyone for coming to day", instead he said, "thankYall for comin", he does not speak english, he is stupid and is the worst person we could have in office. But to be honest the poor english he used is how the mid west and south speaks.

My point exactly is that in general most of the educational power and ability is associated with States that voted for Kerry.

The best thing about all this is that now Bush can continue killing Arabs and when it is all done it will all be his fault. In fact it can only get worse at this point and it will. By the way for all the Arabs you better learn how to be democratic the Republican way and Baptist Christian very fast or Mr. Bush will kill you. That goes for all the people in the world.

One final note, the Germans elected Hitler because they thought he was a great man, how did Hitler turn out. Hitler wanted to correct the world as well, Hitler wanted everyone to be German and Christian. You tell me the difference here? Does Bush wish for all the world to be democratic, Christian, non-gay, Southern, Cowboy? You tell me how this well end?

Kerry is a better man and I hope Kerry runs again because after Bush has further fucked it all up I hope I can vote for Kerry again because I can not support Monkey Boy.

Steam
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Finally a sexy president. I would vote for you for the eye-candy issue.
Thank you. I wonder if I will actually look above twenty in 2016. I might have to get by with the cute factor though. Maybe that will help the sheep housewives vote me instead of Republican.

Steam
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Hey, if you win, can I be your Secretary of State? I finally want to put my political science degree to good use.

Or even better, can I be your First Lady? ;)
You would definitely have a position in my cabinet.

Is that an offer? ;)

I don't know what I would do about a first lady yet. Maybe I'll go at it as a bachelor. Most of these first ladies are shams anyway. Seriously, did anyone see any sort of connection between the Kerrys?

Steam
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Steam, althou you and I disagree on a lot of things... I'd gladly support you in 2016... So long as I'm still an American. And I'm trying my damnedest to get out of being one at the moment.

Just make it OK for Joey and I to get married, and adopt a child... pretty please. :)
I'm for gay marriage and with that completely equal rights.

When I found out last night that Bush won I was upset too and didn't want to stick around but what would that do? It just made me want to get involved a bit more and do my best to help change the way things are going now and the way things are going to be going in four years when we finally are able to get this schmuck out of the White House.

Steam
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:05 AM
who will be your running mate?

wait...you should just get rid of the vice president, altogether. they are useless.

you need to send some government funding WTAworld's way...that's like, a couple thousand votes straightaway.
Reading the thread that I first made a comment about this, Hurley said that myself and him would be the whitest ticket in a long time. We definitely are both pretty white but probably too alike (well, except for the whole gay thing) so I don't know who I would choose.

I would probably look for someone who can ensure me more minority voters. How Bush gained ground there is perplexing and something that I don't want to see happening again. And I think by then America would be ready for some change in the color landscape.

I don't want to eliminate the position though. You always need a backup, just in case.

Steam
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:07 AM
I also hate when famous people voice about who they want to vote for (and take it upon themselves to pressure others to vote their way)
It's alright to have your causes from time to time, like Martin Sheen does, but the condescending tone from some of the actors is hard to swallow. Just because they can cry on cue or can act mentally retarded doesn't make your opinion any more meaningful. What's discouraging though is that despite this some idiot somewhere voted for Kerry because Ben Affleck liked him the best.

apoet29
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:15 PM
I have been across the USA many times and I have lived in many States, I know exactly what I am talking about. The South is the South and it is still full of slow talking ignorant white people that know nothing about Europe and they also hate blacks very much down there, racism is very strong in the South and it in no wonder they want to kill more Arabs in the South.

First word G.W. Bush said when he had won and gave a speach, he said Yall, that is both poor grammer and incorrect words that mean nothing, he should have said "thank you everyone for coming to day", instead he said, "thankYall for comin", he does not speak english, he is stupid and is the worst person we could have in office. But to be honest the poor english he used is how the mid west and south speaks.

.Although you make good points, I take exception to the fact that you generalize everyone in the South as being a bigoted, ignorant racist with poor grammatical skills. I have lived in the South most of my life, and I teach at a community college in West Virginia. While there are southerners who are as you describe them to be, most of my students, friends, and colleagues are intelligent, well-educated, hard-working people who have done nothing to deserve the derision that you have placed upon them. Racist, in all of its disgusting forms, does exist, but it is not exclusive to the South. I have friends who live in New York and California, and they have faced as much racism there as they did in West Virginia.

You make good points, but you need to avoid the generalizations that were par for the course for Bush's presidential campaign. Bush won the South and Midwest because our country is deeply divided over how we want our culture to be shaped. Bush won the culture war; thereby, winning the election. Kerry failed because he wanted to discuss policy and not the values that many Americans hold so dear.

BTW, before you talk about anyone else's poor grammatical skills, you may want to look at your own writing first. The errors that you have made in this post would get you a failing grade in my class.

apoet29
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:20 PM
You would definitely have a position in my cabinet.

Is that an offer? ;)

I don't know what I would do about a first lady yet. Maybe I'll go at it as a bachelor. Most of these first ladies are shams anyway. Seriously, did anyone see any sort of connection between the Kerrys?
There was no connection between the Kerrys, but then again, I think we all know why they got married. ;)

I don't know if Americans are ready to vote a bachelor into office. I think most Americans will be seeking a president who represents the family values that they hold so dear. You may have to get married if you hope to win.

That is a definite offer, if you are interested. :devil:

apoet29
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Reading the thread that I first made a comment about this, Hurley said that myself and him would be the whitest ticket in a long time. We definitely are both pretty white but probably too alike (well, except for the whole gay thing) so I don't know who I would choose.

I would probably look for someone who can ensure me more minority voters. How Bush gained ground there is perplexing and something that I don't want to see happening again. And I think by then America would be ready for some change in the color landscape.

I don't want to eliminate the position though. You always need a backup, just in case.
A running mate is a definite, and I have one name for you: Colin Powell.

Steam
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:18 PM
A running mate is a definite, and I have one name for you: Colin Powell.
He was one of the main reasons I got sucked up in supporting the war but he let me down by being associated with it. I don't place a whole lot of blame on him but still. Plus, by that time he will be 12 years older. I want a young, fresh ticket.

And the Kerrys got married cause he likes ketchup. Am I right?

Ok then, I have twelve years to find myself a bride. I'll have to start the hunt for that as well. Damn, this campaigning is difficult.

apoet29
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:32 PM
He was one of the main reasons I got sucked up in supporting the war but he let me down by being associated with it. I don't place a whole lot of blame on him but still. Plus, by that time he will be 12 years older. I want a young, fresh ticket.

Ok then, I have twelve years to find myself a bride. I'll have to start the hunt for that as well. Damn, this campaigning is difficult.
I get the impression that Powell let himself get sucked into a war he didn't believe in. I will get my faith back in him if he leaves Bush's cabinet as he promised during the administration's first term.

You want a young, fresh ticket? Hmm, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

The Kerrys got married because she wanted a husband involved with politics and he wanted a wife with a lot of money. I'd say that he really loves ketchup.

Make sure that your young bride is the all-American girl. Don't marry a foreigner, a woman of color (which leaves me out, damn!) or lawyer. These women have proven to be the death knell for their husband's political aspirations. Having said that, Hillary Clinton remains an interesting anomaly.

Fingon
Nov 5th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I mentioned it in a thread yesterday and its time I made it official. I want to be elected president in 2016. At that time I will be 38 years and if you think I am great now, just imagine just how much greater I will be with twelve more years of life experience under my belt.
:tape:

It is never too early to start planning ahead so here are a few things about my political stances:
as long as you don't forget what you planned.

agreed

so agreed, I hate those celebrities that think because they can sing or act they understand reality better than others.

4) Michael Moore

so agreed, he is an asshole, and I truely believe his rants and films hurt Kerry more than they helped him.

I'm pro-choice (I don't like it being abused though, take some time to think of birth control, people)
agreed

I was for removing Saddam from power but not in the manner that it was executed. For that matter, I'm for scaling back our constant overseeing of the world. We are not the be all and end all. Yes, when certain things happen we as a country need to help those in need, but we need to stop butting into things that aren't our business.

this is getting scary, I agree too.

I believe in God but don't believe in using that belief to make decisions that cause ramifications for the rest of the country

phew! I don't believe in god

I'm for limited stem-cell research
depends on what limits, I am more for give it full strenght.

I think that gay marriages and equal rights is a positive thing

I don't mind

in summary, our platforms are very similar, but since I am older and more intelligent I should be the president and you the vice.

The only problem is that I am not an american citizen and won't be unless I get a job in Microsoft, and in that case I will be in Redmond and won't leave my job there to be president, then you can be the president and I manage everything behind the scene. (sort of Cheney but without the title).

Tennis Fool
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:10 AM

4) Michael Moore I'm pro-choice (I don't like it being abused though, take some time to think of birth control, people) Ok.

I was for removing Saddam from power but not in the manner that it was executed. For that matter, I'm for scaling back our constant overseeing of the world. We are not the be all and end all. Yes, when certain things happen we as a country need to help those in need, but we need to stop butting into things that aren't our business. This could be a problem for the Bible Belt. You want to show youre are a tough leader and don't give a sh#t what other countries think. Will you enlist? Some good war background would be good.

I believe in God but don't believe in using that belief to make decisions that cause ramifications for the rest of the countryKeep you beliefs to yourself and visit churches often during your campaign.

I'm for limited stem-cell researchKeep that quiet.

I think that gay marriages and equal rights is a positive thing Say in public youre against gay marriage but for looking into gay unions, with more research.

I'm Steam and I want to be your president. Not the next one but the one that is next to the one that is next to that.Are you a straight, white male, Protestant, and from a good family? If not, are you married to a woman from a good family? Do you have children?
Most importantly, do you have personality and Southern charm?

Steam
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Ok.

This could be a problem for the Bible Belt. You want to show youre are a tough leader and don't give a sh#t what other countries think. Will you enlist? Some good war background would be good.

Keep you beliefs to yourself and visit churches often during your campaign.

Keep that quiet.

Say in public youre against gay marriage but for looking into gay unions, with more research.

Are you a straight, white male, Protestant, and from a good family? If not, are you married to a woman from a good family? Do you have children?
Most importantly, do you have personality and Southern charm?
I thank you for your suggestions but I don't really need them. I am who I am. I'm not going to hide my beliefs or bite my tongue on things that need to be done.

The country needs a nice, honest, and forward candidate. Not some puppet of his/her party.

Steam
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:58 PM
I get the impression that Powell let himself get sucked into a war he didn't believe in. I will get my faith back in him if he leaves Bush's cabinet as he promised during the administration's first term.

You want a young, fresh ticket? Hmm, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

The Kerrys got married because she wanted a husband involved with politics and he wanted a wife with a lot of money. I'd say that he really loves ketchup.

Make sure that your young bride is the all-American girl. Don't marry a foreigner, a woman of color (which leaves me out, damn!) or lawyer. These women have proven to be the death knell for their husband's political aspirations. Having said that, Hillary Clinton remains an interesting anomaly.
Hopefully, Powell will take a step and work towards repairing his legacy from the dirt that was leveled on him thanks to Bush.

I don't want to marry a lawyer anyway. I tend to prefer blonde hair and blue eyes anyway so who knows.

BettyBlue
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:54 PM
i would vote for you! :D

Monique
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:36 AM

I would like to submit my name for that position :hearts: :kiss: , if Rebecca doesn't mind, of course :eek: ... my qualifications include, but are not limited to:

- I could pave the way for a better relationship with the EU;
- I know how to cook a mean boar for those special occasions and know how to be mean to all the argumentative guests and chiefs of State;
- I have several years of training on how to look dumb and hold a smile for hours;
- I can recite Bible verses in several languages;
- I can lie through my teeth with a straight face.

gee, I would make a perfect first lady! :D ;)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:50 AM
I would like to submit my name for that position :hearts: :kiss: , if Rebecca doesn't mind, of course :eek: ...

:eek:

Circe
Nov 6th, 2004, 09:25 AM
let me know when youre planning to hold your Caucuses. aeaea offers excellent facilities for convetions, vacations and caucii. we have conference rooms, live entertainment and excellent mediterranean food. rates are negotiable, and depend on inflation and the state of the pork industry at the time.

Steam
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
I would like to submit my name for that position :hearts: :kiss: , if Rebecca doesn't mind, of course :eek: ... my qualifications include, but are not limited to:

- I could pave the way for a better relationship with the EU;
- I know how to cook a mean boar for those special occasions and know how to be mean to all the argumentative guests and chiefs of State;
- I have several years of training on how to look dumb and hold a smile for hours;
- I can recite Bible verses in several languages;
- I can lie through my teeth with a straight face.

gee, I would make a perfect first lady! :D ;)
I don't think that Rebecca would really mind. She had her chance but wasted it drooling over Ferrero.

I definitely am going to need a wife who knows how to cook since I'm atrocious.

As for the EU, I'm not going to go out of my to coddle them. My biggest responsibility is on the homefront but I do want a nice peaceful relationship with the rest of the world (well, except for France. Fuck them. And the Dutch too).

I still have at least nine to ten years to find a bride and its one that I'm going to have to live with even after my two terms are up so I'm going to make sure that its a good choice.

Steam
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:28 AM
let me know when youre planning to hold your Caucuses. aeaea offers excellent facilities for convetions, vacations and caucii. we have conference rooms, live entertainment and excellent mediterranean food. rates are negotiable, and depend on inflation and the state of the pork industry at the time.
I'll definitely keep it in mind for one of my rallys.

decemberlove
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I definitely am going to need a wife who knows how to cook since I'm atrocious.

well there goes my chance :sad:

i can make a mean pb&j sammich, thou.

go hingis
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Sorry love to hear the truth and wonder about people who think there is something wrong with that.

Pamela Shriver
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:40 PM
I'd like to announce my candidacy for President of the United States in 2016
Sorry, but I'll win that election. PamPresident! First act as PamPres - Doubles slams given higher priority over singles.

;)

Steam
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:06 PM
well there goes my chance :sad:

i can make a mean pb&j sammich, thou.
Well, dammit all to hell.

That is one thing that I can do, make peanut butter and jelly. Although, now that I think about it, sometimes I end up putting holes in the bread with the knife. How pathetic is that?

Of course, I am the same guy who had to ask someone in college if the water was boiling so I could make macaroni and cheese.