PDA

View Full Version : Is George Bush... GOD?

Keith
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:00 PM
I mean, so many people seem to have voted for him because of his faith and beliefs. He said he makes decisions based on his own gut feelings and by praying. People want to follow him through fire for saying shit like that. He has said that "God speaks through him".

Seperation of church and state? I guess that does not matter. It is suggested that morals are what won Bush this election - and people in this country like to have their leaders think with their religion. it's kind of funny how up in arms people get over other religious beliefs (Like perceptions that 9/11 terrorists were doing that in the name of God) but yet they fully support and elect a president who uses his religious beliefs heavily in his decisions. I think that some people might think he is the second coming of the Lord. Is this a divine presidency? All I know is that I think we are all in trouble.

AjdeNate!
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:07 PM
I will never understand how people think. I prefer my politics to be religion-free, but that'll never happen.

Osama_Bin_Laden
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:13 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

تم انتقال الموقع إلى مساحة جديدة

الرجاء الدخول إلى الموقع عن طريق العنوان التالي

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:13 PM
there's a difference between delaying stem cell research because you don't want to see fetuses and embryos destroyed. (also, i've said this like 100 times on here, stem cells harvested from embryos and fetuses are no more conclusive on anything than cells harvested from comparable mammals like pigs. why jump in head first when we haven't done the preliminary research?)

vs

running a plane into buildings to kill people in the name of god.

whether you like it or not, your beliefs and values (whatever faith you are) factor into decisions.
killing is wrong, so you would do everything you can to prevent killing.
am i correct? i didn't have to make a big leap and say "these are christian values" i could just assume, "hey, those are your values."

i just think you have a problem because your beliefs and values don't match up with most people in this country. obviously, more people would want bush to be making difficult decisions because he reflects what they are. and you don't want him there because he reflects what you aren't.

but in the end, bush, like it or not, ran a much better campaign. big turnout was supposed to mean a kerry presidency, but that's not the case. record turnout elected bush, the incumbent.

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:16 PM
I will never understand how people think. I prefer my politics to be religion-free, but that'll never happen.
of course it won't. as long as there are people who are religious that are running for office and winning. we all have different beliefs and values, and some people's values are congruent with that of a particular faith, and it will always be reflected in government EVERYWHERE.
can't name one place where decisions aren't made with regard to beliefs, can you?

Keith
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:29 PM
I'm not saying religion has no place in politics - I think that is a given. I'm just questioning or trying to discuss what I think may be a Faith-Based Presidency.

I grew up catholic and early on, I had many questions and not enough answers. I defnitely have my own beliefs and I think morals are imperative. However, in relation to this election, morals would mean aligning yourself with one certain religious base. but how does a "morally-based" president defend a war? A big problem I have with Bush is his inability to see any other side than his own. It's almost like he is not willing to have an open mind regarding anything other than what he believes in. That kind of conviction is admirable in some ways, but in other ways, It just says, "I am RIGHT, you are WRONG and It will be my WAY only!".