PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Hillary Clinton on the 2008 Presidency!

JonBcn
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
Assuming there's still a world in four years, which is by no means certain. Every cloud, and all that...

SilK
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:49 PM
Hillary! :hearts:

Would be cool if the most powerful man in the world would be a woman :tape:

Paneru
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Funny thing is I've heard a number
of people say that today! :cool:

It's just frieghtening to imagine how the
world will be looking in the next four years
with this moron in the White House! :rolleyes:

Tennis Fool
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Well, I live in NYC and can tell you lots of people cannot *stand* her. Albeit, she's growing more popular.

Still, she'd be even more incredible to a lot of people if she were more like Laura Bush.

Scotso
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Hillary would probably win the nomination but wouldn't win the presidency.

I can't think of any Democrat that would have a chance. Maybe in 8 or 12 years Barak Obama will make a run for it.

JonBcn
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:59 PM
By 2008 people will be gagging for her, mark my words.

Paneru
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:01 PM
Still, she'd be even more incredible to a lot of people if she were more like Laura Bush.

Hell No!!! :lol:

Laura Bush is a mind-numbing
idiot like her husband!

Hillary is a strong, independant woman who
knows what she wants and how to get it which
obviouslt threatens some.

If she were a man with the same characteristics
she'd be praised to the hilt for being strong and
assertive and not called a bitch! :cool:

alfajeffster
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:01 PM
I'd vote for her- would've voted for her yesterday.

propi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:11 PM
I can see her as candidate facing Jeb Bush :eek:
The tradition continues :o

Sally Struthers
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:13 PM
Hillary has a lot of baggage and will not be a viable presidential candidate for the democrats. How did she end up in New York? Did she just decide ot move there and run for senator?

vogus
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
Hillary would probably win the nomination but wouldn't win the presidency.

I can't think of any Democrat that would have a chance. Maybe in 8 or 12 years Barak Obama will make a run for it.

Nah, the reverse. It might be hard for Hilary to win the nomination but she would definitely win the presidency. She's sneaky, she's been acting a lot more conservative to woo middle class white voters. Hillary can afford to do this bcuz she knows the liberals are gonna vote for her come hell or high water.

The Democrats could run Joe Blow in '08 and win, bcuz the Republicans have got nobody - plus in '08 they are going to be taking the blame for two terms of Bush's screw ups.

volley1
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Sorry folks it will be a generation(30years) before a democrat gets back in the White House. Make no mistake about it Jeb Bush will be the next President that was the plan along. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Paneru
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Sorry folks it will be a generation(30years) before a democrat gets back in the White House. Make no mistake about it Jeb Bush will be the next President that was the plan along. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
I disagree.

ptkten
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry, as much as I love the Clinton's, I really don't think Hillary can win in '08. She's too much of a polarizer, all the people in the states that Bush won, hate her very strongly. At this point, the only hope the Democrats have of winning in '08 is if they run someone who is a little more of a social moderate like Bill was so they have some chance of picking off a state or two in the south.

Helen Lawson
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
Hillary has a lot of baggage and will not be a viable presidential candidate for the democrats. How did she end up in New York? Did she just decide ot move there and run for senator?
I agree that the woman has more baggage than Joan Crawford took going to Europe on her honeymoon with Al Steele. But, once in a while, being a dame, that double standard helps. I think people will lay off the baggage because she's a woman. I can't explain it, but I just think they wouldn't do that, "attacking" the poor helpless woman and all. I mean, her husband was getting head from some big fat girl with a beret, you have to lay off her a little.

They're nuts not to run her next time, she'll take every state Kerry did, easy, and that's damn close right there. She just needs to keep a high profile and not fuck up anything and she's viable.

Brilliant moving to NY. Find a state with a ton of Democrats and open Senate seat, and move there. Genius move by her.

JonBcn
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:43 PM
Jon, do you really think these puritans in the US will vote for a woman- i won't hold my breathe. I already have one of my friends who voted for Bush because of Morals:rolleyes: (she's Catholic:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ), say she won't be voting for Hilary, even if it means the first woman President. Don't hold your breathe....

Not really, Joy, but then those same people will always vote republican anyway. If Hillary really wants this (and I think she's the happiest democrat in the world today), she needs to get to work right away. It's gonna take some doing, but what are the alternatives? Another faceless chump like Gore or Kerry? No-one will vote for them either, because they're like henpecked uncles. What America wants, and needs, is balls. Hillary has them.

mboyle
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:47 PM
Hillary Clinton? She'd lose in a landslide. People know her name, but once her policies are exposed as the crap they are, she'll lose. Get over it. The US is officially right-wing conservative!

Helen Lawson
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:49 PM
Not really, Joy, but then those same people will always vote republican anyway. If Hillary really wants this (and I think she's the happiest democrat in the world today), she needs to get to work right away. It's gonna take some doing, but what are the alternatives? Another faceless chump like Gore or Kerry? No-one will vote for them either, because they're like henpecked uncles. What America wants, and needs, is balls. Hillary has them.
I couldn't agree more. Gore and Kerry played cautiously and passively from the baseline, rarely approached the net, and simply waited for the other player to make errors. It doesn't work much in tennis these days, and it didn't work in the elections. Hillary, win or lose, won't be like that.

mboyle
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:49 PM
Jeb Bush is almost a lock for 2008. He consistently gets like 60-75% of the latino vote, and, without getting at least 60/70% of that, the Democrats have no shot. Also, Florida would not be a contest, which adds 27 votes to an already superior base tally for Republicans. Finally, Hillary would not carry the southern states Clinton did because she is far more liberal, and acts like a New Yorker.

Warrior
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:01 PM
Don't forget Rudi Giuliani. If he runs he'll certainly be a favourite.

Helen Lawson
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Don't forget Rudi Giuliani. If he runs he'll certainly be a favourite.
If I was about 25 years younger, I would make a play for him, even if he sounds like Sylvester the Cat.

RVD
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately, due to the current political makeup of this country, Hillary would be lucky to make it to the primaries. This country has proven that it isn't ready for change. And a female president in 2008 would be too much, too soon for many.
I'd vote for her in a microsecond though. :)

Oh, just one other thought...
Can you imagine if Hillary was elected, and her having to work with the same arseholes who tried to politically destroy her and her husband ? :eek:

That would be fodder for a GREAT movie! :lol:

jenny161185
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:57 PM
I thought Hillary said she wouldn t run for president? Well I think she'd make a great president and it would be interesting to see a woman in power

saki
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:59 PM
Did anyone else think that Edwards was much more charismatic than Kerry? I think he should run next time. Can't see Hilary running, to be honest. The U.S. is too backward for a female president and she's too much of a NY intellectual type.

Truthwillout
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
If the Americans want to see a female president they'll have to change the 'born in the USA' law and call upon Margaret Thatcher to run after giving her US citizenship.

Hagar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Did anyone else think that Edwards was much more charismatic than Kerry? I think he should run next time. Can't see Hilary running, to be honest. The U.S. is too backward for a female president and she's too much of a NY intellectual type.
Yes, Edwards has charisma but Kerry had this solemness about him which would suit a president (Bush hasn't got one ounce of that).

J_Migoe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Margaret Thatcher would make a hell of a President!!!

JonBcn
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:50 PM
Well, hopefully she'll have popped her clogs by then.

Martian KC
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:52 PM
Someone is forgetting Obama. He definitely will be a contender, I would think.

J_Migoe
Hillary Clinto would make a powerful President!!!

the cat
How is Hillary Clinton a more viable presidential candidate in 2008 than John Edwards who is young and seemingly on the rise in his political career?

But I won't seel Hillary short because she will be game for a run as the presidency of the United States in 2008. I think the top 2 Republican presidntial candidates in 2008 will be Rudolph Guliani and Arizona senator John McCain. I much prefer senator McCain to president Bush. I feel he is more trustworthy and politically sound. Especially when it comes to war since McCain is a war hero. I also think Guliani could be a factor in 2008. But only time will tell.

Helen humour! :D ;) Your posts are so witty and funny, Helen. :lol:

mboyle
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:55 PM
go to hell. The United States is not "backwards." We just have morals, which is something Europeans cannot say. Also, not many Republican women involve themselves in politics, and it is pretty obvious, at this point, that the US won't be having another Democratic president for twenty or thirty years or so. Therefore, unless some Republican female steps up suddenly (I could see Condeleeza Rice possibly,) we won't have a female president, but that has to do with our possessing morals, not with our "backwardness."

GBFH
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:55 PM
i'd want a moderate republican candidate in '08.

lol, i remember my dad saying that hillary was praying kerry would lose so she could run in '08...and some poster here said i was full of it since she spoke at the democratic convention :lol: my my.

i'd like to see a female U.S. president in my lifetime, but i don't know if i want another clinton in office. until 2008.

mboyle
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:57 PM
I think the top 2 Republican presidntial candidates in 2008 will be Rudolph Guliani and Arizona senator John McCain.
no, you are quite wrong. The country is far too conservative, at this point, for a pro-baby killing, pro-gay marriage New Yorker, so axe Giuliani (he'd never carry the southern states in the primary.) McCain I love, but he is a bit liberal. I think Jeb Bush has a virtual lock on the presidency in '08, though Condeleeza Rice or, especially, Colin Powell would be beyond awesome!

JonBcn
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:00 PM
though Condeleeza Rice or, especially, Colin Powell would be beyond awesome!
Ooh yes! How great it would be if the first black (and female) president were also the anti-Christ!

the cat
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:28 PM
Amanda, alot of people belive what your father believed about Hillary Clinton benefitting from Senator Kerry losing the presidential nomination. And I agree with you about wanting a moderate Republican in 2008. That's where I think John McCain fits in.

mboyle, I think you are underselling the power and pull of Rudy Guliani. Especially on the east coast which is traditionally a democratic stronghold. If Guliani was running last night he probably would have won New Jersey and Pennyslvania.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:34 PM
hillary! nah. Ive said it before, Oprah should run. That would be sooooo cool :cool:

GO OPRAH!

Sally Struthers
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:35 PM
hillary! nah. Ive said it before, Oprah should run. That would be sooooo cool :cool:

GO OPRAH!

If Oprah ran, she might rival Reagan's 84 election in terms of margin of victory :o

!<blocparty>!
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
If Oprah ran, she might rival Reagan's 84 election in terms of margin of victory :o
IF she ran. I dont think she would though :(

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:39 PM
go to hell. The United States is not "backwards." We just have morals, which is something Europeans cannot say. Also, not many Republican women involve themselves in politics, and it is pretty obvious, at this point, that the US won't be having another Democratic president for twenty or thirty years or so. Therefore, unless some Republican female steps up suddenly (I could see Condeleeza Rice possibly,) we won't have a female president, but that has to do with our possessing morals, not with our "backwardness."

If you can't argue your point without telling saki to "go to tell" and insulting Europe in return, perhaps you should just eat your crackers and STFU. Just a thought, parrot.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:40 PM
Another gem from mboyle. :tape:

I wonder if the parrot got that one from his parents or his school masters this time?

alfajeffster
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:49 PM
I'd like to see Steffi Graf run again. She used to run so fast, it was almost like a blur, and with voter turnout and the long lines and such- she'd blast past all her opponents before they could actually ask her for her green card!

Pamela Shriver
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:53 PM
PamPresident anyone?

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:55 PM
oprah could...
and i would vote for her, and i know why. she's very likeable, very successful, self made, strong, interesting, intelligent, articulate...
how well do we think she would do the job though? that's the real question.
she's got the dough too.

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:56 PM
PamPresident anyone?
got my vote... God loves a shriver

!<blocparty>!
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:58 PM
oprah could...
and i would vote for her, and i know why. she's very likeable, very successful, self made, strong, interesting, intelligent, articulate...
how well do we think she would do the job though? that's the real question.
she's got the dough too.

exactly ;) She could employ advisers. She'd be ace :cool:

Pamela Shriver
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:02 PM
I can't imagine Oprah running. A slow paced trot at best.

Helen Lawson
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:14 PM
PamPresident anyone?
Hmm, Pam, let's see, Mayor of Baltimore I think is doable, maybe even federal congresswoman.

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:15 PM
I'd like to see Steffi Graf run again. She used to run so fast, it was almost like a blur, and with voter turnout and the long lines and such- she'd blast past all her opponents before they could actually ask her for her green card!
Maybe Monica Seles could run against her.

Oh the fun we'd have on this board :tape:.

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:18 PM
Maybe Monica Seles could run against her.

Oh the fun we'd have on this board :tape:.
:sad: monica = ineligible
but hey, not too many can say that they're "Gold Exempt Emeritus". :bigsmile:

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
:sad: monica = ineligible
but hey, not too many can say that they're "Gold Exempt Emeritus". :bigsmile:

woops, thought u were talking abt monica running against oprah :tape:

Sally Struthers
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
PamPresident anyone?

If you win does that mean you'll have to abdicate your position as Queen of the Giraffes?

vogus
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
i'm not going to quote any of that insignificant little retard mboyle's posts, bcuz they are not worth anyone's time to read.

I will just note that has an IQ of 12, he eats dog shit for breakfast, and come November 2008 he is going to be a very sad little boy when Hillary (or another Democrat) wins the presidency.

Rollo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
If you look at EVERY Democrat elected President since 1964 (Johnson, Carter, Clintonz) they all have one thing in common.

They were moderate Democrats from the South.

As an independent I would like for our country to keep the two party system thank you, and if Democrats nominate Hilary Clinton they are finished as a party. She'd be a George McGovern-with 40% of the vote-45% tops.

Democrats need to return to Clintonism (being a party of moderates) and ditch the Clintons. If they ignore common sense we'll have 12 years of Republicans as under Reagen-Bush I.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
i'm not going to quote any of that insignificant little retard mboyle's posts, bcuz they are not worth anyone's time to read.

I will just note that has an IQ of 12, he eats dog shit for breakfast, and come November 2008 he is going to be a very sad little boy when Hillary (or another Democrat) wins the presidency.

He'll actually be able to vote in that election, though I suspect that he'll still be eating Mommy and Daddy's leftovers at that point. :retard:

vogus
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:32 PM

Oprah would have no chance, she would take a merciless beating from the press. Politics is much tougher than entertainment.

Rollo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:32 PM
On the other hand I would nominate Pam Shriver. She would be Pamtastic! :kiss:

vogus
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:40 PM
If you look at EVERY Democrat elected President since 1964 (Johnson, Carter, Clintonz) they all have one thing in common.

They were moderate Democrats from the South.

As an independent I would like for our country to keep the two party system thank you, and if Democrats nominate Hilary Clinton they are finished as a party. She'd be a George McGovern-with 40% of the vote-45% tops.

Democrats need to return to Clintonism (being a party of moderates) and ditch the Clintons. If they ignore common sense we'll have 12 years of Republicans as under Reagen-Bush I.

Wrong. Bill Clinton was a LIBERAL Democrat from the South. Whereas Hillary Clinton is going to dress herself up as the most conservative Democrat in the history of the party. They'll have her baking cookies and going to country music festivals in Nashville and singing with Shania Twain. She'll win 60-40 or better with women nationally, win all the states Kerry won plus Virginia, Ohio and Florida, maybe more in the South. It's just a question of whether she wants to do it.

Pamela Shriver
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:47 PM
If you win does that mean you'll have to abdicate your position as Queen of the Giraffes?
Never, the Queen of Giraffes shalt never leave her giraffic post.

Pamela Shriver
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:48 PM
On the other hand I would nominate Pam Shriver. She would be Pamtastic! :kiss:
Vote PamPresident, because Giraffes have feelings too.

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:50 PM
Wrong. Bill Clinton was a LIBERAL Democrat from the South. Whereas Hillary Clinton is going to dress herself up as the most conservative Democrat in the history of the party. They'll have her baking cookies and going to country music festivals in Nashville and singing with Shania Twain. She'll win 60-40 or better with women nationally, win all the states Kerry won plus Virginia, Ohio and Florida, maybe more in the South. It's just a question of whether she wants to do it.
ummm no.
i'm not her to say whether or not hillary deserves to ever be president, but let's face the facts. she's not likeable. and if you think all of a sudden women will start voting for women just because she's a woman, you're crazy.
also, they may promote hillary as what you said, but she wouldn't be buyable at that. she's a new yorker now.

also, she barely wins her senate seat in a very liberal state. what makes you think she would win the states that were close in this election?

flyingmachine
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:40 PM
O.K. mboyle, so if you think you are the moral supero can you explain your definition of what is morals?
Because all I thought "called so morals" are rules to control people so that people above could have more power.
Anyway in some Islamic states have called "morals" in their laws so you think is a good idea too.

Rollo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:05 PM
Vogus wrote:

Wrong. Bill Clinton was a LIBERAL Democrat from the South.

Ummm-sorry sweets-but you are the wrong one.

Yes-Billie became more liberal, especially in his second term when he depended on the support of liberals in the wake of Monica,etc.

But when he ran in 1992 he was a center of the road Democrat.

Ever heard of triangulation? That's what Bill did to piss off liberal Dems when he cut taxes with the help of Republicans in Congress.

When he was behind in New Hamshire he made a point of executing Ricky Ray Rector, a black man who was basically a vegatetable. Clinton did this over objections of liberals.

I can't imagine Mondale, Dukakis, or Kerry doing that, can you?

Bacardi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:15 PM
I like Hilary, and I am a woman but am I the only person that thinks this...
With all the Republicans, who the hell will actually elect a woman president or a woman VP. I mean, Bush winning again, has already proven the USA hasn't moved out of the dark ages.

Wonder who the Republicans will pick to run in '08?

GBFH
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:18 PM
I like Hilary, and I am a woman but am I the only person that thinks this...
With all the Republicans, who the hell will actually elect a woman president or a woman VP. I mean, Bush winning again, has already proven the USA hasn't moved out of the dark ages.

Wonder who the Republicans will pick to run in '08?
uh, don't you have some packing to do?

i'm gonna miss you, and your ludicrous posts, danielle :lol:

Ryan
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:06 AM
ummm no.
i'm not her to say whether or not hillary deserves to ever be president, but let's face the facts. she's not likeable. and if you think all of a sudden women will start voting for women just because she's a woman, you're crazy.
also, they may promote hillary as what you said, but she wouldn't be buyable at that. she's a new yorker now.

also, she barely wins her senate seat in a very liberal state. what makes you think she would win the states that were close in this election?

Opinions can do a complete 180% in four long, long years. Hillary would be a very high-profile candidate and should easily carry the states Kerry had plus Ohio.

Noone has mentioned this yet, but what about the Terminator for the Republicans in 2008?:) If Hitler can get around the rule about needing to be born in your country to become President/Leader, I'm sure Ahhnold can.

Bacardi
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:11 AM
uh, don't you have some packing to do?

i'm gonna miss you, and your ludicrous posts, danielle :lol:

Damn straight, the start of the year... I'm out of the USA. It can all burn to the ground for all I care. They have the Anti-Christ leading for another 4 years anyway. So I'll leave all the joblessness, and poor that will only get poorer and resort to violence and theft to live to you. Hope you still have a job when you get out of college, but I bet you'll have to join me in another country. :wavey:

And, I can assure you, the rest of the world does have the internet. Just because God gave me the good common sense to leave this hell pit, doesn't mean I will be leaving WTA world.

GBFH
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Damn straight, the start of the year... I'm out of the USA. It can all burn to the ground for all I care. They have the Anti-Christ leading for another 4 years anyway. So I'll leave all the joblessness, and poor that will only get poorer and resort to violence and theft to live to you. Hope you still have a job when you get out of college, but I bet you'll have to join me in another country. :wavey:

And, I can assure you, the rest of the world does have the internet. Just because God gave me the good common sense to leave this hell pit, doesn't mean I will be leaving WTA world.
well of course you're not leaving :haha: why would you need to assure me, exactly? aren't like...more than half of the posters here NOT in the U.S.?

thanks for your concern, but i like it here. and...aren't you the person who was harping on about how U.S. politics affect the rest of the world? but now you think you're sheltered in germany? hmm....

VeNuS#1LoVa
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Not only is Kerry terrible, Hilary is even worse. America will fall deeply if she gets into office. Geez Hilary, let the first woman president atleast be worthy, not your bitch ass. :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Nov 4th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Opinions can do a complete 180% in four long, long years. Hillary would be a very high-profile candidate and should easily carry the states Kerry had plus Ohio.

ohio is nothing short of fully blown right wing these days... i know because it's my homestate.
and i still don't see how people can expect hillary to win every state kerry did. the midwest doesn't like her... no southern state would even be close for whtever republican runs.
but hey, i could be wrong. i just don't see how someone who barely wins their senate race in a very liberal state could be expected to win a presidential election when also carrying so much negative baggage.

Hagar
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Americans, do you think that Hillary is really interested in the presidency? She will after all be 61 in 2008, maybe she's just happy being a senator (which seems already very prestiguous to me).

I also don't know if Bill feels like spending more time in the White House.

saki
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM
we won't have a female president, but that has to do with our possessing morals, not with our "backwardness."
So... the reason why you won't have a female president is because it would be immoral? Am I really reading that correctly? I don't think I have to bother making my case that the U.S. is backward. If a woman running the country would be seen as immoral - I expect you think she should be in the kitchen? - then I feel very sorry for Anerican women.

ASV_FAN
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:24 PM
I thought about this with a friend yesterday, I think she would perhaps get voted in if she was a candidate but I don't think she would get to run. Not sure other members of the party would want her to be the democratic candidate although a lot can change in 4yrs. I'm also not convinced America is modern enough in its thinking to vote a woman into the White House.

kabuki
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM
If you can't argue your point without telling saki to "go to tell" and insulting Europe in return, perhaps you should just eat your crackers and STFU. Just a thought, parrot.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Borris
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I don't think America is ready for a female president yet. It's a shame.

Ryan
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I thought about this with a friend yesterday, I think she would perhaps get voted in if she was a candidate but I don't think she would get to run. Not sure other members of the party would want her to be the democratic candidate although a lot can change in 4yrs. I'm also not convinced America is modern enough in its thinking to vote a woman into the White House.

There IS no one else to run against for for Candidacy(sp?) Every single major Democrat got booted this election!! Hillary is the best/most well known Democrat alive and standing. And yes, I think she does want it. The chance to be THE first female president ever, with all of your competition blown off the map is way too tempting for her to pass up.

Steff_forever
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I never thought the first German female chancelor could be a conservative one in 2006. Times they're changing ...
Even if I'm liberal ('extreme lefty' what some of you will add) I don't think G. Schröder will get another chance then to get Germany out of it's lethargy. And I hope that it'll be Ms. Merkel (the German opposition leader and not the strong conservative Bavarian PM Stoiber) if the social democrats fail ...
So why shouldn't a majority of Americans vote for Hillary in 2008 if they understand that women often do a better job than narrow-minded men in this biz. Hopefully she tries. ;)
[A better job means to handle some issues with more care.]

Steff_forever
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:59 PM
[p.s. gender: male / sexual tendency: hetero]

YAHOO!!
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Just watched John Kerry on A & E, when he stands beside Mr. Clinton, he really does not look like a president.

Volcana
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Hillary isn't a living lock, even though I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.

It's likelier the Democrats nominate Kerry again. He's didn't lose by much, and he'll have two years to figure out the best way to fight off the SwiftVets lies, and counter all the other attacks he sustained. Also, he'll be able to say "I said ofur years ago BUsh would do etc etc etc..."

Basically, if Kerry's predictions about Bush were right, he'll be the nominee. Think Richard Nixon. He lost the first time around.

I think Edwards has no chance. 'Never nominate the losing Vice-Presindential nimonee' is a political cliche.

But if the Democrats can't force through voter-inspected paper records of computerized ballots, none of it matters. No Democrats will win the Presidency til that happens.