PDA

View Full Version : Why did Bush convincingly win Florida?

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
That's quite surprising, no?

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:26 PM
More people voted for him I guess ;)

No honestly, Im not sure.

tobe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
cos Jeb Bush is the governor of Florida ????!!!!
think about it

jankovic fan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:11 PM
they at disneyland:D

CondiLicious
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:44 PM
It's most probably because of Jeb. And I'm not just thinking of it in a corrupt way (that he cheated) but because Jeb is actually quite liked. The way he handled all the hurricane stuff and the fact Dubya came down to Florida and did that whole handing out of supplies thing... I think that that helped his popularity. And also because there are a lot of rich people in Florida... and a lot of old people.

:( Some of my friends voted for Bush in Florida...

cheesestix
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:49 PM
they at disneyland:D

That's in California.

Circe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:55 PM
disneyworld maybe?

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:59 PM
Prepare for Jeb to run in 4 years.. We got ourselves a dynasty, :lol:

mboyle
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:51 PM
because the Republican get out the vote effort was INSANE! Also, last minute voters broke for Bush.

Barrie_Dude
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:18 PM
Because Bush Was The Better Choice?

ptkten
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:01 PM
The reason is Bush carried the Hispanic vote 54-46 and the Cuban vote by more than 3-1. His immigration policies helped with the non-Cuban Hispanics and his strong stance against Castro got the Cuban vote. Also, a Cuban-American was running for Senate, which helped pull up the turnout of the reliably Republican Cubans. The hurricanes helped too, because the federal government was handing out aid constantly down in Florida. Lastly, you can't understimate the importance of your brother being a VERY popular governor.

tobe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:09 PM
Prepare for Jeb to run in 4 years.. We got ourselves a dynasty, :lol:
No no, I bet on Arnold Schwarzenegger as the next president (just a small change in constitution, no prob)
He just has to say "Hast la vista baybe, God told me I am the right one for u" and 50 % of Americans will vote him...."
What is sad about it is that it is not even unrealistic....since today I ve been believing everything

LindsayRulez
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:36 PM
I hardly call it convincingly. And he won Florida just like the other states he won because the people who vote for him are uneducated. Hilary in 2008!

Martian KC
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:53 PM
Because we saw through kerry's bullshit?

Seriously, Bush came down right after the hurricanes hit. Gained alot of supporters and campaigned like crazy.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:58 PM
That's quite surprising, no?
Not surprising if you have John Edward (Jeb) Bush in your corner.

Martian KC
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:00 PM
Do democrats ever get tired of looking for excuses?

strike86
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:21 PM
Bush won it fair and squaire, just the left wingers trying to find a excuse.

vogus
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:45 PM
Florida is basically a Republican state with a big white Christian majority. It's amazing that Gore did so well there in '00.

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:55 PM
I hardly call it convincingly. And he won Florida just like the other states he won because the people who vote for him are uneducated. Hilary in 2008!
you are aware of what uneducated means, right?
you should do your homework and educate yourself.
then do some research on who votes for whom.

ptkten
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:59 PM
Another point is that Northern Florida is exactly like the rest of the South, very Christian and very Conservative where Bush would run up huge margins. Democrats usually run up huge margins in the Miami area, but I guess this year, the Hispanics moved more towards Bush.

LindsayRulez
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
you are aware of what uneducated means, right?
you should do your homework and educate yourself.
then do some research on who votes for whom.
I know exactly what uneducated means, thank you very much. As a matter of fact, I live in Florida and experienced this election first hand. I attend the University of Florida, and even your dumb ass would be surprised to see why certain people vote for Bush. The fraternities and sororities vote for him because they think it makes them look rich, image is everything you know. When I went to vote, I asked people sporting "W'04" stickers why they were voting for him, and they seriously had no answer. Most people don't even know what's going on in the world, it's truly a sad thing.

Now you go do your research because I'm far ahead of you.