PDA

View Full Version : To Democrat voters

Halardfan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:10 AM
Ive been up all night here in England, watching the results come in with increasing despair...

I just wanted to say that all of you on the board who voted Democrat have my upmost respect, and that you represent the best of your country. You should be proud.

In particular Id like to commend the likes of Volcana (and many others), who in threads too many to mention, have fought the good fight on this board in recent weeks to publish the truth about Bush and co...

My opinions of those of you who voted for Bush, are at this time, unprintable. ;)

I am gutted.

God help America. God help the world.

Tennis Fool
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:12 AM
I miss Bill Clinton :bigcry:

Iroda_Fan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:14 AM
It's sad, but hey my state California will stay Democratic. It would be nice if all of those who voted Republican should be the only ones sent to war. That would work for me.

~{X}~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:14 AM
It was my first voting...and I voted Democratic. ::Sighs.:: Atleast I come from NY, a democratic state lol. Another 4 years...::Kicks the dirt and sighs.::

LeonHart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:15 AM
Seriously, IMO if Howard Dean or John Edwards was the Democratic ticket, things would turn out much differently. They both brought energy to the democrats...Kerry did not. It was stupid Iowa's fault, giving Kerry the momentum to win the demo ticket.

Philbo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:16 AM
Ive been up all night here in England, watching the results come in with increasing despair...

I just wanted to say that all of you on the board who voted Democrat have my upmost respect, and that you represent the best of your country. You should be proud.

In particular Id like to commend the likes of Volcana (and many others), who in threads too many to mention, have fought the good fight on this board in recent weeks to publish the truth about Bush and co...

My opinions of those of you who voted for Bush, are at this time, unprintable. ;)

I am gutted.

I second that. Great post.

Democratic americans - you really should be proud of yourselves. You tried your best but the politics of fear really did win out.

Bacardi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:19 AM
The sad part is, we're going to have 4 more years of war. And without a doubt, a draft of innocent young men and women going to war to die for no cause.

We'll have 4 more years of no Health Care system.

Four more years of rising prices.

Four more years of outsourced jobs.

And four more years of no medical advancements with stem cell research. (Which is sad, my cousin probably won't live another 4 more years unless this is allowed).

America needs help. But this is one American, that's leaving America behind. By January I'm moving to either Germany or Italy. :wavey:

MisterQ
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:33 AM
Thanks for those nice thoughts.

Assuming that Kerry has lost ---- some networks are unwilling to project this yet, but Bush's victory seems likely --- this is a hard defeat to swallow.

I have always had interest in politics, but this is the first election where I actively volunteered. I worked phone banks and traveled to Pennsylvania to do door-to-door canvassing. I just felt that this election was critical. This obviously makes the loss seem even more painful and personal. For a second time, we have fallen short of one crucial state, and by a small margin.

Amid the disappointment/anger/sadness, there are some silver linings to this situation. For the first time in years, there is fully formed, coordinated liberal movement in this country. Thousands voted for the first time ever, and thousands were moved to volunteer. It is a broad coalition -- not just your typical progressive activists, but also "ordinary" moderates. I think that our motivation and determination will only continue to build after this election.

Circe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:35 AM
well not surprising i guess. so much for fond hope. i wonder if we still have any.

cheesestix
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:37 AM

I am gutted.

Guess what?

You don't fucking live here!!!!

You don't know what's in MY best interest, so don't fucking judge me for voting the way that I choose.

Not like I give a rat's ass what you think....

cheesestix
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:39 AM
The sad part is, we're going to have 4 more years of war. And without a doubt, a draft of innocent young men and women going to war to die for no cause.

We'll have 4 more years of no Health Care system.

Four more years of rising prices.

Four more years of outsourced jobs.

And four more years of no medical advancements with stem cell research. (Which is sad, my cousin probably won't live another 4 more years unless this is allowed).

America needs help. But this is one American, that's leaving America behind. By January I'm moving to either Germany or Italy. :wavey:

Who proposed the draft?

Not Bush. Oh yeah, it was that DEMOCRAT, Charles Rangle!

BTW, we get it. You're leaving. Bye. Nobody's stopping you. Good riddance. :rolleyes:

harloo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:44 AM
Guess what?

You don't know what's in MY best interest, so don't fucking judge me for voting the way that I choose.

The message was for democratic voters. Obviously you don't have enough sense to realize that the original poster was not talking to you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:46 AM
Guess what?

You don't give a rats ass yet you still respond to every last anti-bush post that you come across. Uh huh ;)

JohnPratt
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:51 AM
Amen, cheesestix holla back, brah (PM me or whatever if you want) --John

~{X}~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:54 AM
But like as a first time voter, voting at 6am yes I was there when the polling place opened lmfao. It was fun...I was looking at the lever machine we have here in NYC...and I was like "Why ain't the switches turning!?" lol then I read the directions and whoops I forgot to turn the big red one first lol. But yeah voting was fun...woot woot First time voter and the party I voted for seems to have lost so lol I am 0-1 in my voting life haha. :)

ptkten
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:00 AM
Well at least I can be happy Pennsylvania went for Kerry ;)

Really though, it's sad how Bush is able to win again and do it by winning the same damn states he won last time. I can't believe the people in the south and plains states and the margins that Bush won by.

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:21 AM
I can believe them, but I can't believe Ohio, which by 2008 will have to change its name to "Bumworld" or "New Junkyard."

catkey94
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:27 AM
At least I can say that my state, Maryland went to Kerry.

Circe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:48 AM
and i can say it about Washington. we all have our futile little comforts.

flyingmachine
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:01 AM
Thanks for those nice thoughts.

Assuming that Kerry has lost ---- some networks are unwilling to project this yet, but Bush's victory seems likely --- this is a hard defeat to swallow.

I have always had interest in politics, but this is the first election where I actively volunteered. I worked phone banks and traveled to Pennsylvania to do door-to-door canvassing. I just felt that this election was critical. This obviously makes the loss seem even more painful and personal. For a second time, we have fallen short of one crucial state, and by a small margin.

Amid the disappointment/anger/sadness, there are some silver linings to this situation. For the first time in years, there is fully formed, coordinated liberal movement in this country. Thousands voted for the first time ever, and thousands were moved to volunteer. It is a broad coalition -- not just your typical progressive activists, but also "ordinary" moderates. I think that our motivation and determination will only continue to build after this election.
It sounds like it will be a long hard road to the holy gail.
Anyway, I hope you will carry on with that. I think for the sake of democracy it is important to build a strong oppsition. :)

Jarrett
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:06 AM
I guess this means Hilary vs Rudy in 2008 (or was Hilary aiming for 2012?)? Can I just live in a time warp until then? ;)

Sam L
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:14 AM

I am gutted.

Chris!!! I want to move to England! :sad:

America and Australia is going to dogs.

Martian Jeza
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:19 AM
In Ohio they prefer the battle against terrorism to the battle against unemployement and I like the way how Bush makes an abuse of religion !
It looks like we gonna go for 4 more years with the most incompetent president ever seen ! Americans who have voted for Bush : Shame on You !!!

OUT!
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:40 AM
Guess what?

Not like I give a rat's ass what you think....But that doesn't disqualify a person from giving an opinion does it? I think most Europeans are disappointed (save Tony Blair et al) but let's wait and see how the quagmire that is Iraq unravels in the second term.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:59 AM
Well, it's not officially not over but Bush is looking the more likely winner now. Im feeling kind of sick.

Kerry Voters - You have my upmost respect :)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:11 AM
You can always shack up with me here in the Congo, Circe. :hearts:

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:59 AM
Bush has been on tap for four of the worst years in American history and the people who voted for him just don't get it.

The problem is that the sheep in the middle of America who vote Republican. Its the same losers who go see The Tony Danza Show and wait in line to watch Regis.

UDiTY
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:17 PM
This is a sad day in American History.

Congrats to all the Republican Sheep, your President will remain in office.

People are going to look back on this day in 20 years and wonder how the hell the most ignorant President in history won a second term.:rolleyes:

I'd also like to thank people like Volcana, Infiniti2001, lizchris....you guys all fought nobley.

:sad: :fiery: :sad: :fiery:

Oh and Chris Ba, I do care what the rest of the world thinks about the U.S. And now it's going to get even worse.

And LeonHart, it wasn't Iowa's fault...you can't blame the rest of the country for wanting to be like us.:lol: All I can say is that our state better be freakin' blue in a bit.:fiery:

Keith
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:12 PM
I am so upset at this moment. The American people have spoken and I cannot find the logic that people take to the polls. I don't understand how a place as blue-collar as Ohio could go to Bush. There are people there that are losing their jobs overseas and their kids are going to be drafted. it is very possible many people in Ohio will have lost their jobs and children by the end of Bush's term. It just hurts me to think about howe the next 4 years will play out. I honestly think that John Kerry has a plan for America. A plan that helps us, not his special interests.

I was optimistic that Kerry would win the presidency. I can't blame Bush, because it's the voters that want him. Our country was at odds in 2000 and now there is a bigger rift. I think the next 4 years are going to be some of the saddest that our country has seen in a long time. A country divided. It's such a shame. I will take heart that in the "important" states, the votes were very close. This indicates to me that people want change, that people are unhappy with Bush. Bush is the incumbent and getting re-elected, if it happens, and I think it will, was not easy at all. Of course he will claim victory and he also won the popular vote this time...

I'm just in a daze at the moment. I really had hoped that our country was going to have a better leader; a leader that would be for the people. I see now that things are just going to get worse.

Ok I have rambled enough.

Hagar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:40 PM
This is a sad day in American History.

Congrats to all the Republican Sheep, your President will remain in office.

People are going to look back on this day in 20 years and wonder how the hell the most ignorant President in history won a second term.:rolleyes:

I'd also like to thank people like Volcana, Infiniti2001, lizchris....you guys all fought nobley.

:sad: :fiery: :sad: :fiery:

Oh and Chris Ba, I do care what the rest of the world thinks about the U.S. And now it's going to get even worse.

And LeonHart, it wasn't Iowa's fault...you can't blame the rest of the country for wanting to be like us.:lol: All I can say is that our state better be freakin' blue in a bit.:fiery:
On BBC they said something that scared the hell out of me. They said that Bush, after having been a "compassionate conservative" for 4 years, will now start to behave in a very cocky way, will try to make his mark in history :eek: .
He does no longer have to care about getting re-elected so he will now switch to a freewheeling mode.

My only hope is that there will be very strong opposition from the American people.

MinnyGophers
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
SAme I really cannot understand how Ohio can still vote for Bush , they have been hit the hardest by Bush's economic policies, and lost millions of jobs over the last four years. I really expected Kerry to get Ohio, this is just plain sad. I really hope people really thought long and hard before they decided to cast their ballots....
But i'm sure most of them voted because they were Christians.....

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:43 PM

I am gutted.

Thank you SO much...its pretty frustrating when you vote *epecially as an African American* and it seems like your vote isn't counted. I'm still shocked at the Nation of how they are close to putting a president thats has done nothing but make things worse in our country and across the world......looks like it might be another 4 years of his impotentance ..and I fear for our Nation...under the wings of George Bush Jr.

MinnyGophers
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:48 PM
I really hope Bush starts drafting soon
I really can't wait to see more innocent Americans ( who by the way will probably be lower income people who voted democrat because hey rich republicans can get out of it easy ) going to Iraq and get killed. :fiery:
Yay Bush!

Circe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:50 PM
You can always shack up with me here in the Congo, Circe. :hearts:

sounds very tempting right now as always :kiss:

with the senate and the house so firmly behind him i bet we'll see a few Bible-thumping supreme court justices soon enough. kassandra said it would happen but of course no one beleived her at the time.

Paneru
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:50 PM

I am gutted.

Thank You! :cool:

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:53 PM
Guess what?

Ok..NOW YOU SEE......this is a PRIME example of what we have to put up with and how we may loose this election. :rolleyes: anyway AGAIN thanks for your concern in other countries....and to CHEESESTICKS...just because a democrat proposed the draft...KERRY *who we voted for* was against it...BUSH supported it because he wants to fight the war alone...rather than try to get us OUT if it. Thanks also to Majority of the east coast states who voted Kerry...you all are definately some good diverse people vs some of the people in the midwest and south (where im from)..I'm from Texas and currently live in VA ...and both of them are republican states. *unfortunately* They say History repeats itself..sometimes I feel that its THE UNION vs THE CONFEDERATE all over again.

Scotso
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:54 PM
I'm gutted. Even worse is that the Democrats lost seats in the House and the Senate. Our minority leader in the Senate even lost re-election.

I can't believe how things turned out. Everything that could have gone wrong did.

RVD
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:04 PM
Well, this election proved to me that fear is a strong motivator.
I just hope that these next four years will go by quickly without too many more declarations of wars against another pseudo-enemy.
But my heart breaks for,

... women everywhere in the U.S. who will have their rights taken away, :sad:
... people of color, :sad:
... all those hurt by the years of damage to come by the newly elected Supreme Court Justices, :sad:
... those who could have been healed through the success of stem cell research, :sad:
... the environment, :sad:
... basic human rights, :sad:
... our waning Bill Of Rights (less freedom, more government), :sad:
... 2nd and 3rd world countries with oil or of military significance (we're coming to get cha), :sad:
... any enemy of Israel, :sad:
... Affirmative Action and positive social programs, :sad:
... our soldiers in the field, :sad:
... the moral, decent, good people, with integrity, :sad:

... because this time around, Bush did not run as a 'uniter', but as a 'divider'. And because this is the most polarized the U.S. has ever been in over 40 years. :sad:

Warrior
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:27 PM
We're all screwed!

Circe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
We're all screwed!
...but we'll get used to it.

pousita_fan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:06 PM
From Spain we also want to to give you (democrats) all our support. I'm really scared about what the fucking Bush can do...
I've always thought that a fool (Bush of course) is even dangerous than a bad person).