PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Bush will be as radical given another 'weak mandate'?

Philbo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:41 AM
As I write this it looks like Ohio is Bush's as well as the election...

It virtually came down to 1 state, was a very close election..

I wonder if the next 4 years will see Bush being as radical in his policies on such a weak mandate as his first term.

I pity democrat Americans and I fear for the world.

I wonder what the reaction is gonna be when the next terrorist attack occurs on US soil.. I wonder if the Republicans will still beleive that their hero is the man to protect them.

I sure as hell wont have as much sympathy for America next time they are attacked. Bush winning the election basically says to the world that the american people approve of Bush's pre-emptive, go it alone and conquer anyone approach to solving conflict - when that attitude comes back to haunt americans, republicans will only have themselves to blame for endorsing a madman.

vogus
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:44 AM
he'll be even worse, bcuz now he doesnt have to worry about facing another election.

Whoever runs for the Repubs in '08 will have to pay the consequences, but Bush himself has got a blank check now.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:44 AM
I sure as hell wont have as much sympathy for America next time they are attacked.

That's really not fair. Not everybody who ends up getting killed in such things supports Bush, and even those who do don't deserve to die because of it.

I would have liked to see Kerry win too, but hey, shit happens. That's no reason to say something like this.

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:46 AM
That's really not fair. Not everybody who ends up getting killed in such things supports Bush, and even those who do don't deserve to die because of it.

I would have liked to see Kerry win too, but hey, shit happens. That's no reason to say something like this.
gosh, you're always so reasonable...

jbone_0307
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:48 AM
Maybe we can impeach him or something. He is soo dumb. A fifth grader would have a higher I.Q. than he would, and he is representing the U.S. I think he will lead to the demise of the US seriously. He showed his true colors in the debate, by how stupid he behaved and his responses were, and people still vote for him. :rolleyes:

harloo
he'll be even worse, bcuz now he doesnt have to worry about facing another election.

Whoever runs for the Repubs in '08 will have to pay the consequences, but Bush himself has got a blank check now.
Blank check to do whatever he wants to do, and yes that draft will be re-instated. I would like to see all those who voted for him drafted. :lol:

Jeleno Benesovo
As I write this it looks like Ohio is Bush's as well as the election...

It virtually came down to 1 state, was a very close election..

I wonder if the next 4 years will see Bush being as radical in his policies on such a weak mandate as his first term.

I pity democrat Americans and I fear for the world.

I wonder what the reaction is gonna be when the next terrorist attack occurs on US soil.. I wonder if the Republicans will still beleive that their hero is the man to protect them.

I sure as hell wont have as much sympathy for America next time they are attacked. Bush winning the election basically says to the world that the american people approve of Bush's pre-emptive, go it alone and conquer anyone approach to solving conflict - when that attitude comes back to haunt americans, republicans will only have themselves to blame for endorsing a madman.

Bush's victory as you have pointed means the triumph of the politics of fear, the victory of the pre-emptive wars, the defeat of the multilateralism, the death of the UN and I am afraid that Terrorism will rise a lot. Osama must be cheering for Bush. ohh gosh, 4 more years of nightmares are coming ahead :scared: :bolt:

The question is who's next? Iran? Syria? North Korea? Cuba? Venezuela? :scared:

Philbo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:51 AM
Crazy Canuck - I know its a big call, but I stand by it.

After 9/11 I dont think Americans really thought too much about their foreign policies etc and how that affects each individual american - it didnt really concern them.

But after 9/11 americans had to think about where they stood in relation to USA foreign policies - more awareness of the effect of their policies was forced on americans.

So after 3 years of weighing up what is best for the country, americans have decided that bush is the best man for the job - this decision will have consequences that americans will bear the brunt of - and when they ask 'why us'? 'what did we do to deserve this"? - the answer is simple - you re-elected a crazy, right wing, christian crusader and therefore should experience the consequences to that decision.

Obviously I feel for democratic americans, my heart goes out to each one of you. But the collective consciousness decides the outcome and this is a sad day for americans.

harloo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:51 AM
He showed his true colors in the debate, by how stupid he behaved and his responses were, and people still vote for him. :rolleyes:
Bush has never been required to speak properly when addressing the public. He talks and act like a cowboy and alot of southerners fall for it. :rolleyes: He plays on voters emotions and that's a good quality to have as a politician.

Infiniti2001
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:53 AM
I'm sorry to say but Americans are dumbfucks. Most of those who voted for fucktard are more concerned with blocking gay marriages than the economy :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:05 AM
Crazy Canuck - I know its a big call, but I stand by it.

After 9/11 I dont think Americans really thought too much about their foreign policies etc and how that affects each individual american - it didnt really concern them.

But after 9/11 americans had to think about where they stood in relation to USA foreign policies - more awareness of the effect of their policies was forced on americans.

So after 3 years of weighing up what is best for the country, americans have decided that bush is the best man for the job - this decision will have consequences that americans will bear the brunt of - and when they ask 'why us'? 'what did we do to deserve this"? - the answer is simple - you re-elected a crazy, right wing, christian crusader and therefore should experience the consequences to that decision.

Obviously I feel for democratic americans, my heart goes out to each one of you. But the collective consciousness decides the outcome and this is a sad day for americans.
So if somebody decides to drive another plane into NYC and a number of people die, you won't feel much sympathy for them? Because America voted for Bush? Even though NY is largly Dem? :confused:

Tennis Fool
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:08 AM
they ask 'why us'? 'what did we do to deserve this"? - the answer is simple .
Yes, the answer is those mutha-fuckin' terrorists. Killem' all!

You have to understand that those who voted for Bush don't think like you. It's always someone else's fault.

Plus, he is a great leader and has proven himself by taking down Saddam.

Tennis Fool
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:10 AM
Not worth trying to be reasonnable with his insensitive garbage. :rolleyes:
Dr. MB: Just curious. Are you a conservative Canadian, or an expat?

Bacardi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:13 AM
Czech fan, he's going to be worse this time around. He doesn't have to worry about his approval rating, because he's already sealed the deal for another 4 years. We'll continue to lose more jobs, there will be a draft and you better believe terrorist attacks are on the way.

The only thing I'm happy about, is I'm going to leave the USA, the country I was born in raised in, because I have given up hope on this nation. It's abundantly clear that more people want to support a cruel, vile, evil little lying man, than someone who could do good for this country. And you know how it went in bible times, let them drown in their own sorrows. I only hope a few other Bush haters, like me, can make their way out of the USA. Because those of us that voted for Kerry, won't deserve anything that goes wrong.

Bacardi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:15 AM
So if somebody decides to drive another plane into NYC and a number of people die, you won't feel much sympathy for them? Because America voted for Bush? Even though NY is largly Dem? :confused:

You bring up a good point, NY and CA the two largest states are Democrat states. They will be the most likely to get attacked. Hell even DC, where the white house is, is democrat. I feel sorry for those places as they are democrats and good people who will feel the wrath of the blinded Bush Nazi followers. It's too bad, we can't inform Al Queda, that if they plan on cleaning up the USA, why not aim for the White House first!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:17 AM
You bring up a good point, NY and CA the two largest states are Democrat states. They will be the most likely to get attacked. Hell even DC, where the white house is, is democrat. I feel sorry for those places as they are democrats and good people who will feel the wrath of the blinded Bush Nazi followers. It's too bad, we can't inform Al Queda, that if they plan on cleaning up the USA, why not aim for the White House first!

Al Queda doesn't give a rats ass if you vote dem or replublican. They care that you are American.

Philbo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:22 AM
Crazy Canuck - Right now Im pretty upset, and your post did make me think.

I wish I could say "to all you Republican voters you deserve whatever bad shit happens to you' - but you bring up a good point.

They dont deserve to die. But I am being honest when I say I wont feel the overwhelming sympathy I felt on 9/11 because they really have given his leadership etc the stamp of approval.

Im just gutted basically and saying stuff I dont really mean :(

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:23 AM
It happens!

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:25 AM
Al Queda doesn't give a rats ass if you vote dem or replublican. They care that you are American.
you're on a roll... beating me to all these ;)

Jeleno Benesovo
I disagree, IMO Al Qaeda will be more than happy if Bush wins. The likes of Osama Bin-Laden proliferates as a reaction to somebody like Bush or Sharon in Israel, and viceversa.
The history is plenty of examples about this: in the times of the crusades the extremist muslims appeared as a reaction to the extremist christians.

Bacardi
I'll say one thing I do mean, if they want to hijack another plane, make it one full of the Bush Campagin workers, and aim it for the white house while Bush and Cheney are having a nice lunch. :devil:

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:26 AM
what about the people who voted for bush because of something like tort reform?

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:28 AM
and why should we live our lives here based on what extremists think of our government?

you yourself are saying that republicans instill fear in voters... but you're doing the exact same thing. you're trying to use the "terrorists hate bush more" thing to make people want kerry to win.

hypocrisy...

Couver
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:37 AM
I'll say one thing I do mean, if they want to hijack another plane, make it one full of the Bush Campagin workers, and aim it for the white house while Bush and Cheney are having a nice lunch. :devil:
That's very harsh. Bush is a moron and Dick Cheney makes me :scared: but they are human beings and no one deserves to die.

I understand you being upset though and it does suck because I think Bush will lead America down a dark path. But the good thing about a democratic country is that no leader is permanent. Voters can always turn the tide in the next election.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:38 AM
and why should we live our lives here based on what extremists think of our government?

you yourself are saying that republicans instill fear in voters... but you're doing the exact same thing. you're trying to use the "terrorists hate bush more" thing to make people want kerry to win.

hypocrisy...
Mind you, republicans have been caught using the silly logic on this board as well ;) Insisting that they will vote for themselves and not worry what anybody else thinks and then insisting that a "vote for Johny Kerry is a vote for Osama" and other such rubbish. :p Either they aren't concerned about outside forces when they vote or they are :angel:

Bacardi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:41 AM
Yes, after we have 4 more years. I plan to move and give up my citizenship. I'd prefer to not be American at all, and have similar that share my view in this.

But I still say within 2 years, George W Bush will be assasinated. Not by me, I wouldn't waste my time on him. But some nutjob will. And I'd bet my bottom dollar it's going to be an American that does it. So they can't blame that on me, I won't be here, and I sure as hell won't be American :wavey:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:44 AM
Not by me, I wouldn't waste my time on him. But some nutjob will.

And here we were all thinking that you actually had the resources and intelligence to do such a thing... good thing that you don't want to waste your time! Phew. Bush can sleep with both eyes shut tonight ;)

Couver
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:47 AM
Yes, after we have 4 more years. I plan to move and give up my citizenship. I'd prefer to not be American at all, and have similar that share my view in this.

But I still say within 2 years, George W Bush will be assasinated. Not by me, I wouldn't waste my time on him. But some nutjob will. And I'd bet my bottom dollar it's going to be an American that does it. So they can't blame that on me, I won't be here, and I sure as hell won't be American :wavey:
Ok that would be horrible if that happend. I loath the man but he is a father and a husband and that would be tragic.

Plus if that happend I'm sure Republicans would pull strings to blame some minority group and then wage war on some country they claim said minority came from.

Jeleno Benesovo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:49 AM
Although Bush being assassinated might be highly pleasant for billions IMO it won't solve anything. Bush is just a "show monkey". If he is killed another one (Cheney?) as dangerous as him will take his place in the White House.

Circe
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:01 AM
come now, i have said harsh things about bush myself but i would certainly not wish him dead. if for nothing else then for that fact that a dead maniac is even more dangerous than a live one.