PDA

View Full Version : As of 4 PM, Kerry will easily win the presidency. Too bad at 1 AM he lost ;)

Pages : [1] 2

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Here are the 4 PM numbers in the highly populated swing states:

FL: 52/48 - KERRY

OH: 52/47 - KERRY

MI: 51/48 - KERRY

IA: 50/48 - KERRY

WI: 53/47 - KERRY

And he is winning Pennsylvania too (but I deleted the exact numbers).

So your mission is to invite any remaining GOPers over for dinner. Keep them away from the polls.

Hagar
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Here are the 4 PM numbers in the highly populated swing states:

FL: 52/48 - KERRY

OH: 52/47 - KERRY

MI: 51/48 - KERRY

IA: 50/48 - KERRY

WI: 53/47 - KERRY

So your mission is to invite any remaining GOPers over for dinner. Keep them away from the polls.
Where do you get these numbers from?

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Those are obviously exit polls, so, you know...don't get toooo excited.

But I am pretty pleased so far...especially by Florida!

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:32 PM
He is also up in New Hamshire.

GoDominique
I've always been wondering ... what is GOP?

ghosts
Let's hope he really wins but that's not easily......

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:33 PM

Grand Ole Party :D

Let's hope he really wins but that's not easily......

It is, electorally.

Hagar
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:34 PM
GOP = Grand Old Party. I guess this is a kind of "nickname" for the Republican party.

Americans, correct me if I'm wrong.

GoDominique
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks. :D :scratch:

Mase
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:35 PM
Kerry all the way baby!!!!!!

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:35 PM
GOP = Grand Old Party. I guess this is a kind of "nickname" for the Republican party.

Americans, correct me if I'm wrong.
It is correct, but there is nothing Grand about the Republican party Bush heads.

Pureracket
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:36 PM
GoDom,
It stands for Grand Old Party.

Barrie_Dude
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
It ain't over yet! Don't start the celebrations!

AjdeNate!
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Go 2 Johns!!

GoDominique
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:44 PM
GoDom,
It stands for Grand Old Party.
Yeah, I know. Thanks though.

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:46 PM
It ain't over yet! Don't start the celebrations!
No one is celebrating:rolleyes:

We are just repoting what the exit polls are saying. For all we know, Bush could be re-elected, but a huge turnout is never good for the incumbant (Bush) because new voters gerenally favor the challenger (Kerry).

harloo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:48 PM
I am not biting until this whole fiasco is over. Tommorow they will be saying Bush is in the lead.:o

ys
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:08 PM
Mind you, that most of those "exit polls" come from very pro-Democratic sites such as the notorious www.slate.com .. Correct they numbers by 2% and it is dead even with Bush a likelier winner.. And BTW, I am for The Flip-Flopper in this match..

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:14 PM
Mind you, that most of those "exit polls" come from very pro-Democratic sites such as the notorious www.slate.com (http://www.slate.com/) .. Correct they numbers by 2% and it is dead even with Bush a likelier winner.. And BTW, I am for The Flip-Flopper in this match..

Actually, this information is coming from the Assoicated Press.

SJW
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:16 PM
please please please please let Edwards win

Maria Martinez
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
I would like lesbian rights. Gail could marry me then.

Steam
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
It is correct, but there is nothing Grand about the Republican party Bush heads.
What? But that is the party of Lincoln, who freed the slaves.

That old gag. I love when people try to bring that up like it is somehow relevant to the Republican party of today.

ys
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:28 PM
OK, here we go.. The latest polls. in FL and OH it is now virtual tie. In PA the Kerry's lead is still significant..

©@®eLess
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:31 PM
i'd don't like either of them, i hope martians do something with Americans brains, and let the 3rd guy win :lol: Viva la Martians, One for all-all for Mars :lol:

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:38 PM
What? But that is the party of Lincoln, who freed the slaves.

That old gag. I love when people try to bring that up like it is somehow relevant to the Republican party of today.

I am not talking about the Republican party of Lincoln, which is NOT the current Republican party. The present day Repubican party changed during the 1970's when Nixon used his Southern Strategy, which was to go to the South and Midwest and play to the fears of those whites by telling them that now that the Civil Rights bill has passed, they would lose out (whatever that means:rolleyes: ). By doing so, a party that used to have a coalition of upper middle class and wealthy whites and most blacks, now has a coalition of lower-middle-class and middle-class whites, most of whom are high school educated and do not wants blacks in the party.

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
OK, here we go.. The latest polls. in FL and OH it is now virtual tie. In PA the Kerry's lead is still significant..
Kerry was never in real danger in PA (or neighboring NJ). However, he has to carry either OH or FL. If he does, Bush will lose.

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:44 PM
Kerry was never in real danger in PA (or neighboring NJ). However, he has to carry either OH or FL. If he does, Bush will lose.

Yep, he always needed two of the three. The best bet was Ohio over Florida for his other hope.

Come on, you people! Help Republicans cross the street and into your car and take them to dinner!

Philbo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:45 PM
Lizchris - thanks for posting this!! Im getting excited!!

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:47 PM
Update:

Kerry now up 2% in Florida exit polls.
Ohio still in a virtual tie.

faboozadoo15
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:53 PM
please please please please let Edwards win
just curious, why do you like edwards? i've heard reasons for bush, kerry, and cheney, but i've not heard much positive about edwards.

all i know of him is that he made a fortune in malpractice litigation :tape: using tactics no longer admissable in court.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:59 PM
When does voting close? Don't say "6 pm" or something. How many hours from when you post? And presumably there is a... what?... about a three-hour gap in time zones between New York (say) and California? So how long before it closes in California and we really start getting a feel for the outcome? (I can never remember details about time zones, etc.)

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:04 PM
Polls have closed in the following states (Red for Bush, Blue for Kerry):

Virginia
Vermont
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky

So far, Bush has 34 electoral college votes, Kerry has 3. Keep in mind, most of the states whose polls have closed are Republican states. Most of the staes going for Kerry close at 8:00.

Mrs. Peel
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:06 PM
Zogby International anyone? They predicted Bush winning 4 years ago...now they are showing projections of Kerry winning this year....

http://www.zogby.com/

I also heard that the stock market took a little dip due to news of reports of unexpected stronger support for Kerry.

Something to ponder?

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
Zogby is the best. When Zogby came out over a week ago predicting Kerry, that sent shock waves out. They're looking golden at the moment.

It will be very tough for both Florida and Ohio to go south for Kerry. But...you never know.

njguido11
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
just curious, why do you like edwards? i've heard reasons for bush, kerry, and cheney, but i've not heard much positive about edwards.

all i know of him is that he made a fortune in malpractice litigation :tape: using tactics no longer admissable in court.

YEah pretty much all ive heard about him 2. even though he is by far the best lookin of the bunch.

Steff_forever
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:16 PM
Polls have closed in the following states (Red for Bush, Blue for Kerry):

Virginia
Vermont
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky

So far, Bush has 34 electoral college votes, Kerry has 3. Keep in mind, most of the states whose polls have closed are Republican states. Most of the staes going for Kerry close at 8:00.
CNN-percentage seems better for Kerry than expected in KY and polls say VA is too close to call now, somehow unexpected, isn't it ?

Let's hope ...

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:18 PM
CNN-percentage seems better for Kerry than expected in KY and polls say VA is too close to call now, somehow unexpected, isn't it ?

Let's hope ...

Virginia is kind of a surprise for Bush. I don't know why that states hasnt' been called for him at this point.

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:22 PM
Look. Everyone says Virginia is die hard GOP, but a lot of young professionals are moving into Northern Virginia and that state is definitely not the Old Dominion anymore. Bush will win it, but by 2008 it will be a definite swing state, mark my words.

Freewoman33
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:24 PM
Please guys, don't get me excited for nothing.

jbone_0307
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:24 PM
Im sorry, but anybody who thinks John Kerry is going to win is crazy. I support Kerry, but its inevitable that Kerry is going to loose. Bush already has 34 electoral votes compared to 3 by Kerry. He has to maintain all of the states Gore did, plus get some swing states.

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:27 PM
Im sorry, but anybody who thinks John Kerry is going to win is crazy. I support Kerry, but its inevitable that Kerry is going to loose. Bush already has 34 electoral votes compared to 3 by Kerry. He has to maintain all of the states Gore did, plus get some swing states.

According to exit polls, Kerry is doing better in the battleground states than expected. For example, Virginia. Bush was expected to win that by at least 5%. It is not too close to call.

ys
Look. Everyone says Virginia is die hard GOP, but a lot of young professionals are moving into Northern Virginia and that state is definitely not the Old Dominion anymore. Bush will win it, but by 2008 it will be a definite swing state, mark my words.

You are right about that.. I know plenty of young professionals in Northerna VA.. They all are heavily pro-Kerry, simply because they are anti-Bush.. Being anti-Bush is an easy choice, really.. But whether it will be reflected in eeither partisan preferences, I am not sure. Say, GOP nominates someone like Bloomberg..

Hurley
L-O-S-E

Ohio is about to close. If Kerry wins Ohio, he should be good.

Philbo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:30 PM
7:30PM:

Chances of Kerry winning 72%.
Bush: 28%.
According to who?

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:31 PM
North Carolina has closed. An expected easy win for Bush is, right now, too close to call. :yeah:

GoDominique
Ohio: TCTC

lizchris
Polls have just closed in Ohio, West Virginia and North Carolina; Bush has won West Virginia. The others do not have enough information to be called yet.

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:32 PM
North Carolina has closed. An expected easy win for Bush is, right now, too close to call. :yeah:
I just heard the same thing.

South Carolina is the same.

GoDominique
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:33 PM
Maybe I should go to bed.

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:34 PM
You are right about that.. I know plenty of young professionals in Northerna VA.. They all are heavily pro-Kerry, simply because they are anti-Bush.. Being anti-Bush is an easy choice, really.. But whether it will be reflected in eeither partisan preferences, I am not sure. Say, GOP nominates someone like Bloomberg..

Yeah, but you know most people are party line people. And the typical residents of NoVa are definitely more left than they ever were.

CJ07
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:34 PM
George :scared:

Come back in win georgie :yeah:

faboozadoo15
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:35 PM

anyone else just think they're taking things a bit more slowly this time than last and that's why as of right now, a few minutes after the polls are closed, it's "too close to call."
i mean, call me crazy, but i really don't think s or n carolina have any chance at all of going for kerry.

CJ07
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:35 PM

I bet they're going to George, just by a small percentage.
They're probably only calling states if they have 3% or more

ys
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:36 PM
It indeed looks like the defending champion might be in trouble..

CJ07
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:36 PM
anyone else just think they're taking things a bit more slowly this time than last and that's why as of right now, a few minutes after the polls are closed, it's "too close to call."
i mean, call me crazy, but i really don't think s or n carolina have any chance at all of going for kerry.
exactly. They just don't want to look stupid again

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:38 PM
Virginia and the Carolinas will go Bush's way, yes, and they are being more safe this time due to Florida '00. But the fact that these states are running close is a clear sign that Bush has lost a lot of support from the people who would normally vote Republican as a knee-jerk reaction. Even if Bush wins, he is going to have to deal with some serious issues.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:39 PM
Just for those of us who are not American and are trying to follow this, what time is it, EST, right now?

lizchris

That might be so, but if his supoprt was so solid, those states should have been called for him by now.

GoDominique
IMO Bush should get a bonus if he wins because he's defending points.

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:41 PM

:haha:

It's 7:40 EST.

faboozadoo15
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:41 PM

UDiTY
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:42 PM
So, so far nothing hasn't gone according to plan!??!

They are both winning the states they are supposed to? :confused:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:43 PM
what station are the american's watching?

~ The Leopard ~

It's 7:40 EST.
Thanks, Hurley. So if there's a clear outcome we'll know in three hours, yes? If there's not a clear outcome we can look forward to weeks of legal wrangling?

lizchris
So, so far nothing hasn't gone according to plan!??!

They are both winning the states they are supposed to? :confused:
Yes, but Bush is fighting battles in states he should have won easily, like Virginia and North Carolina.

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:45 PM
Thanks, Hurley. So if there's a clear outcome we'll know in three hours, yes? If there's not a clear outcome we can look forward to weeks of legal wrangling?

Uhhh...my advice to anyone in Eurasia is to go to bed :)

UDiTY
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:46 PM
Yes, but Bush is fighting battles in states he should have won easily, like Virginia and North Carolina.
:yeah: Good news

That's weird Edwards is from North Carolina and Bush is winning.

And Lee-Waters Boy, FOXNews.com has a really good updated map of who is winning what states.

:p

faboozadoo15
well i don't want to say 10 for sure because that's JUST when the polls on the west coast will be closing. but within a few hours if it's for sure. they're going to exercise more caution this time, i'd imagine.

but yes, i do expect this to lead to some possible legal wrangling.

AjdeNate!

And Lee-Waters Boy, FOXNews.com has a really good updated map of who is winning what states.

Fox 'News' :tape: :tape:

Steam
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:47 PM
C'mon c'mon no whammies, no whammies, STOP!!!

faboozadoo15
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:47 PM

it has been funny that the democrats have had trouble winning their home states.
if gore had carried tennessee (his home state) or clinton's arkansas, then he would have won. it says something when your home state doesn't vote for you, imo.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:48 PM
Yeah, Hurley, but I've actually only been up for a few hours. Since I'm not actually in the Congo at the moment ;) , it's currently 11.48 a.m. on Wednesday morning according to my computer's display.

CJ07
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:50 PM
Georgie :mad: :sad:

I think Kerry will win... :(

No Hill & Bill '08 :(
Oh and Fox "news" :haha:

Hurley
Edwards was a surprise winner when he took his Senate seat. He swooped in on a last-minute estrogen vote, and he ain't at the top of the ticket, so it's not like it's a huge shock if NC doesn't go blue.

Lee-Waters' Boy
im watcihng msnbc but it kind of sucks

faboozadoo15
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:51 PM
Fox 'News' :tape: :tape:
i'm rather conservative, and i only watch fox news for comedic entertainment :tape:
this election really has me torn.

the right wing, i believe has better fiscal policy, war strategy, HAS tort reform (HUGE issue for me), and is pro-life.

on the left wing, gay marriage is something i support, enviro issues, animal rights (don't laugh), and overall i'm anti war... but i don't think anything kerry would do would be better than what bush would do.

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah, Hurley, but I've actually only been up for a few hours. Since I'm not actually in the Congo at the moment ;) , it's currently 11.48 a.m. on Wednesday morning according to my computer's display.

Dude, where are you? Guam? Oceania probably. Who knew.

But Florida wasn't solidified until well after midnight in 2000. That will probably happen there again, with kindred chaos in Ohio.

UDiTY
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:53 PM
FOX News website has cooler graphics than CNN.com or anywhere else. And I wanna listen to music and not watch TV...so FOXNews.com is doing fine.

CC
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:54 PM
I'm watching CNN.

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:54 PM
I'm watching MSNBC to support my lover Dan Abrams.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
I'm watching Canadian coverage. Oh, wait, no I'm not. But it's on, apparently.

Steam
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
Fox News would have my viewership if they put Juliet Huddy on at night.

GoDominique
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:56 PM
CNN and German TV.

Steam
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:56 PM
I'm watching Canadian coverage. Oh, wait, no I'm not. But it's on, apparently.
You should watch it, eh?

And what's up with me needing to get a birth certificate to get into Canada? Bastards.

Hurley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:57 PM
I was very nervous voting with the touch screens today. I think every state with those things will end up voting younger and therefore more blue than expected. Because, really, they're scary and old people can't work them!

Bacardi
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:59 PM
According to exit polls, Kerry is doing better in the battleground states than expected. For example, Virginia. Bush was expected to win that by at least 5%. It is not too close to call.

I live in Virginia :wavey:

Usually we're a Republican state, however my county is going more for Kerry... and that's RARE. So I think I wouldn't count out Kerry yet, I'm thinking he's going to get the real states that matter.

GO JOHN & JOHN!!!!

Hagar
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:59 PM
CNN, TV5, German TV & Dutch TV.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:00 AM
South Carolina has gone for Bush (no surprise).

Steam
I was very nervous voting with the touch screens today. I think every state with those things will end up voting younger and therefore more blue than expected. Because, really, they're scary and old people can't work them!
Touch screens? I had to fill out an old fashioned ballot. Of course, it doesn't appear that I was even registered. Fuckers at the RMV.

faboozadoo15
??? and that's good ???
that's just as retarded as conservatives hoping that it rains all over the country so that there's a low turnout...
:rolleyes:

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:01 AM
Maine: Kerry
Maryland: Kerry

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:02 AM
Massachusetts: Kerry
New Jersey: Kerry

lizchris
Kerry has now won:

Maine
Delaware
New Jersey
Maryland
Illinois
District of Columbia
Conneticut

lizchris
Bush wins:

Tennessee
Oklahoma
Alabama

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:04 AM
Kerry leads. :)

Oklahoma: Bush
Tennessee: Bush
Washington D.C.: Kerry
Illinois: Kerry

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:04 AM

Kerry now has 77 electoral votes, Bush 66

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:05 AM
Delaware: Kerry
Connecticut: Kerry
Alabama: Bush

UDiTY
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:05 AM
Nevermind FOXnews.com....they are way fricking behind CNN in announcing the winners

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:06 AM
This "too close to call" thing is nice and correct, but also boring.

Hagar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:07 AM

But I guess we base ourselves on the exit polls and not on the actual counting of the votes?

Bacardi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:08 AM
According to CBS news,

As of right now,
Kerry 77 Electorial Votes
Bush 80 Electorial Votes.

Votes from NY, FL, VA, NC, and OH aren't in yet, plus a few other North England States.

GO JOHN & JOHN!!!!

Freewoman33
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:11 AM
I'm watching CNN and CNBC

Kerry has 77 electoral votes to 66 for bush

Barack Obama has been projected the winner over Keys.

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:11 AM
??? and that's good ???
that's just as retarded as conservatives hoping that it rains all over the country so that there's a low turnout...

And exactly where did I say it was "good"? Oh. Right. Nowhere.

Anyway, back to speaking with people who can read. When does NH close? That's an important state.

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:12 AM
But I guess we base ourselves on the exit polls and not on the actual counting of the votes?

Yes, of course. Some states get called way before any votes are even counted.

Lady
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:14 AM
I love that on yahoo site you don't have to click on the state to see %!

Following such a close election is exiting! :)

CondiLicious
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:18 AM
I'm watching CNN and CNBC

Kerry has 77 electoral votes to 66 for bush

Barack Obama has been projected the winner over Keys.
The BBC in Britain say 66 Bush 78 Kerry

jbone_0307
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:19 AM
Bush wins NC and Virginia bring it to 108 something to 77.

UDiTY
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:19 AM
I just saw a graphic on NBC that said Bush was winning Florida 55% to 45% or something!!!!

What happened!??!:fiery:

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:21 AM
CNN says Bush is doing well in Florida.

jbone_0307
Bye Bye Kerry!

Crazy Canuck
You should watch it, eh?

And what's up with me needing to get a birth certificate to get into Canada? Bastards.

A passport would do as well. I always use my birth certificate to get into the US... why should it be any different for you? :devil:

lizchris
Bush wins NC and Virginia bring it to 108 something to 77.
No one has called those states yet.

shnit.
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:22 AM
Bush was leading Ohio too awhile ago but now its Kerry i think

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:22 AM
Bye Bye Kerry!
You forgot about New York and Rhode Island, which closes at 9:00. And will go for Kerry.

37 electoral votes.

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:23 AM
Bush seems to be carrying FL, which pretty much closes the deal for him..

lizchris
Yes they have. I saw it too.
Who?

GoDominique
Kerry seems to lead in Ohio.

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:24 AM
It depends on which precincts are reporting out of Florida. If they haven't called it, then there is a reason. Bush NEEDS Florida and Ohio. Kerry really doesn't, he just needs Ohio.

Linnie
I just saw a graphic on NBC that said Bush was winning Florida 55% to 45% or something!!!!

What happened!??!:fiery:They haven't yet counted South Florida - Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. We're solid Democrats down here ;)

lizchris
No it doesn't.

If he wins Ohio or Pennsylvania as well as Florida, then he might win, but right now, it looks like Kerry will win in Pennsylvania.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:25 AM
VA, NC, SC & FL all leaning towards Bush.
Bush already won South Carolina.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:25 AM
interestingly, bush is up over a million votes natinoally
not that it means anything but it looks good...or bad...depending ;)lol

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:26 AM

Uh...no it doesn't. If he loses Florida, he loses. If he wins Florida...he still could very easily lose.

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:29 AM
They haven't yet counted South Florida - Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. We're solid Democrats down here ;)

Indeed. Again, with highly populated, diverse states, early percentages from certain areas will give people certain early leads. You can't go by early numbers unless, like, stat guys on TV tell you you can ;)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:31 AM
Dude, where are you? Guam? Oceania probably. Who knew.

But Florida wasn't solidified until well after midnight in 2000. That will probably happen there again, with kindred chaos in Ohio.
Yup, Oceania. :)

Well, I'm getting hopeful but not toooooo hopeful.

I'm not all that left wing, but it does frighten me how right-wing the Bush regime turned out to be. The fact that John Howard has recently been re-elected in Australia with control of both houses of parliament makes the whole thing even more frightening.

I'm turned off by Kerry's inflated rhetoric and pomposity, but I really hope he wins this election.

Bacardi
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:31 AM
Thus far, Jeb, the old rascal is cheating for his brother again this year. I swear, why don't someone just take out all the Bushes and save the political world forever.:armed:

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:33 AM
Realli? Sites Im on say he has NC but not yet SC
He has won NC, SC and VA.

OH still too close to call.

UDiTY
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:34 AM
CBS just showed Kerry winning Ohio and Pennsylvania by 54%-45%

And Bush is winning Florida by the same margin.

It's close people:scared:

Hurley
Well...I'm going out. Enjoy the math, kids! :)

kournikovafan13
This is really nervewracking. I have a sinking feeling that Bush will win Florida, but hopefully Kerry can get Ohio & Pennslyvania, which should carry him to victory.

Hoping Kerry gets New Hampshire too as that is very close atm

Crazy Canuck
Thus far, Jeb, the old rascal is cheating for his brother again this year. I swear, why don't someone just take out all the Bushes and save the political world forever.:armed:
:help:

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:36 AM
*Getting less hopeful.*

I don't like the sound of what you're all telling us about Florida. Oh well, time to leave this for awhile.

Hagar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:36 AM
Just heard on CNN: some area near Pittsburghs has extended the time to vote with 1,5 hour

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:38 AM
Gamblers: odds of winning: Bush 30% / Kerry 70%.
Damn.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:39 AM
CBS just showed Kerry winning Ohio and Pennsylvania by 54%-45%

And Bush is winning Florida by the same margin.

It's close people:scared:
If Kerry takes two of the three it is over because he takes CA and NY.

Hagar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:41 AM
New prediction on CNN: Bush takes North Carolina.

Linnie
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:41 AM
I'm telling you guys that the heavily Democratic counties of South Florida have not been counted yet! I just saw an interview on NBC that we may not know about Florida until tomorrow.

kournikovafan13
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:42 AM
If Kerry takes two of the three it is over because he takes CA and NY.
Well not to get anybody's hopes but at the moment it looks that way :D

Florida : Bush 55% Kerry 44%
Ohio : Kerry 52% Bush 48% (this is THE state to look out for)
Pennslyvania : Kerry 64% Bush 36%

kournikovafan13
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:43 AM
I'm telling you guys that the heavily Democratic counties of South Florida have not been counted yet! I just saw an interview on NBC that we may not know about Florida until tomorrow.
I hope you're right!

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:44 AM
Kerry leading with 7,000 votes in Ohio (51 vs. 49 %). :scared:

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:49 AM
It was a good fight, Kerry..

Navratilove
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:51 AM
Repeat after me!
NO MORE BUSHIT!!!!
WE NEED KERRY!!!!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:53 AM
Gamblers: odds of winning: Bush 32% / Kerry 68%.
Are the gamblers starting to freak out yet? :p

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:56 AM
Agh ... Bush leading now in Ohio.
K. From now on, I will call these numbers pointless. :p

Martian Willow
I don't understand those odds. :confused: How many to 1 is that?

lizchris
It was a good fight, Kerry..
According to exit polls, Kerry is leading in the following staes:

Florida
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
New Mexico

kournikovafan13
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:58 AM
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck :mad:

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:01 AM
Kerry wins New York, Rhode Island

Bush wins Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Wyoming and Texas

Tammy
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:04 AM
ahhh - hurry up and project michigan & ohio dammit!! :mad:

*needs to calm down* :o

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:06 AM
alright, i'll project michigan for you-- it will go to kerry.
ohio, my homestate, i'm keepin to myself ;)
i live in ny, but what's the point of voting here?

Navratilove
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:07 AM
So if Kerry wins Ohio and Penn., he will definitely win?

Navratilove
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:08 AM
So if Kerry wins Ohio and Pa., he will definitely win?

LeonHart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:17 AM
Bush is winning ya ya ya :P

Navratilove
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:19 AM
Bush is winning ya ya ya :P

In what way is he winning? Just beause he has won more EVs means nothing at this stage cuz none of the swing states has been determined.

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:20 AM
According to exit polls, Kerry is leading in the following staes:

Florida
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
New Mexico
I want Kerry to win.. But chances are he is losing it.. I thought it will be more of a fight in FL.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:21 AM
So if Kerry wins Ohio and Pa., he will definitely win?
He'll be better off if he did.

Basically, I believe, whoever wins the 2 of the 3 states (Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania) will win the presidency.

As of right, Bush is that man, who holds a lead in Ohio and Florida, while Kerry is leading in Pennsylvania.

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:21 AM
I was pessimistic going in and I'm still pessimistic. America sucks.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:23 AM
I was pessimistic going in and I'm still pessimistic. America sucks.
Blame Canada!

Navratilove
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:24 AM
Yeah Americans have been really disappointing me.. I think New York and California should decleare independence of the U.S.A so that the two biggest states will not be governed by an idiot.

Tammy
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:24 AM
Michigan is still up for grabs actually.. Bush gained alot of support over this past week .. anyhow I'm hoping Kerry can pull it off though..

..and people need to calm down - nth is certain by any means, and it will be quite awhile until all the results are reported by precincts..

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:25 AM
Blame Canada!
That's what I'm going to sing this weekend, especially if my mother can't find my birth certificate in time. Fuckers. Don't they know who I am?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:27 AM
That's what I'm going to sing this weekend, especially if my mother can't find my birth certificate in time. Fuckers. Don't they know who I am?
We can't just let any old Joe walk through without a bc! Mind you, we can let any old Joe with a bc walk through with their luggage unchecked, but that's another story.

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah Americans have been really disappointing me.. I think New York and California should decleare independence of the U.S.A so that the two biggest states will not be governed by an idiot.
california would ather arnold??? :retard:
nationwide, as far as test scores among students and general means of intelligence (levels of degrees), california is scraping the bottom of the barrel. it's sad.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:37 AM
wait,so Ohio is the new Florida...*scratches ass*, no wait *pulls hair out*- do any of you Euros or Canadians have room for me...I'm turning the TV off and going to bed depressed..hell, i thought Bush would win anyway..my life isn't any worse off after 4 years right, right....At least Venus won:o I'm trying to be funny or else I might...
There is an invite to Canada in your usercp ;)

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:38 AM
We can't just let any old Joe walk through without a bc! Mind you, we can let any old Joe with a bc walk through with their luggage unchecked, but that's another story.
It should be good, I just got off the phone with my mother and she will send me my birth certificate. Montreal is next!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:41 AM
It should be good, I just got off the phone with my mother and she will send me my birth certificate. Montreal is next!
Enjoy! And remember... if they are rude to you, it's because they are French, not Canadian ;)

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:46 AM
It is pretty much over.. I am not really upset.. There would not be much difference.. One of my close friends will be very unhappy from this outcome, but will get a bottle of good wine from me in compensation.. Another very close friend will be very happy, but won't get any wine from me... Otherwise.. It's for the better.. Now we have the door is open for Clinton-2008 campaign.. :)

Mrs. Peel
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:55 AM
It is pretty much over.. I am not really upset.. There would not be much difference.. One of my close friends will be very unhappy from this outcome, but will get a bottle of good wine from me in compensation.. Another very close friend will be very happy, but won't get any wine from me... Otherwise.. It's for the better.. Now we have the door is open for Clinton-2008 campaign.. :)
I've just opened a good bottle of wine to soothe my frazzled nerves..still trying to remain hopeful :sad: :rolleyes:

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:55 AM
Yeah, based on what I read the only thing I can say right now is: "Go, Hillary!"

I started off pessimistic, but my hopes went up a li'l for a while there. I just dread to think what the state of things will be like for Americans who don't fit the conservative mould, or for the rest of us who are affected in other parts of the world, after another four years of this regime.

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:58 AM
I've just opened a good bottle of wine to soothe my frazzled nerves..still trying to remain hopeful :sad: :rolleyes:
Me too.. But lets be realistic.. We are going to enjoy seeing Mr. Bush's inspirational image on our screens for another 4 years.. :)

And on CNN Dems already started whinging about absentee's votes blah blah blah.. Did they really hope to win FL narrowly with Jeb? Naive, to say the least. Jeb alone is worth 3-4% easily..

LeonHart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:08 AM
Bush just took Arkansas, Clinton's home state. Comon, that says something.

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:09 AM
Gamblers: odds of winning: Bush 59% / Kerry 41%.
These 'gamblers' are idiots.

bw2082
Yeah, based on what I read the only thing I can say right now is: "Go, Hillary!"

I started off pessimistic, but my hopes went up a li'l for a while there. I just dread to think what the state of things will be like for Americans who don't fit the conservative mould, or for the rest of us who are affected in other parts of the world, after another four years of this regime.

If I were Hillary I'd have voted for Bush. Who'd want to wait till 2012? :lol:

LeonHart
Go Bush!!
:cheer:

Crazy Canuck
Gamblers: odds of winning: Bush 70% / Kerry 30%. :help:
They panicked :D

GoDominique
Gamblers: odds of winning: Bush 70% / Kerry 30%. :help:
These 'gamblers' are huge idiots.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:11 AM
These 'gamblers' are huge idiots.
Well, no... they're covering their asses :D

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:11 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

LeonHart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:12 AM
Bush won this, I would have expected something closer. But I guess the country was onto Kerry and his artificial messages.

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:13 AM
This does it, now I guess my trip to Canada won't be to see as many strippers as I can but to scout out a new potential home. I just can not stand this idiot who will lead my country for another four years. I've been at my job for four years too and it sucks, but I think that even I did more positive than Bush. And to make it worse, the guy gets about ten times more vacation time than I do.

Dawn Marie
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:14 AM
American conservatives are so out of touch. FUCK U BUSH, you are a ignorant ass FUCK!!!

Why are stupid Americans voting for this tool?!!!

I just saw on TV where alot of people were waiting in lines in Ohio, still trying to cast their vote. The lines were 90% African American. Let us hope.

LeonHart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:15 AM
I cant believe people are actually bad repping me for saying Bush will win. Comon, stop this childish behavior. You can root for Kerry too if u want.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:15 AM
Bush won this, I would have expected something closer. But I guess the country was onto Kerry and his artificial messages.

Kerry has the West Coast locked up, plus the following states have not reported:

Michigan
New Mexico
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Florida

Kerry is expected to win Michigan, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Wisconsin, so we just don't know.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:17 AM
I cant believe people are actually bad repping me for saying Bush will win. Comon, stop this childish behavior. You can root for Kerry too if u want.
That is a tad bit stupid. I would hope that none of the people who whined about "Bush fans" doing the same thing are doing that to you.

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:17 AM
yeah, and just few hours ago you were referring some moronic website that predicted Kerry winning it in landslide 311-212.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:18 AM
Kerry has the West Coast locked up, plus the following states have not reported:

Michigan
New Mexico
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Florida

Kerry is expected to win Michigan, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Wisconsin, so we just don't know.
Are you surrrrre about that? Because everybody else seems to think they know .;)

LeonHart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:20 AM
That is a tad bit stupid. I would hope that none of the people who whined about "Bush fans" doing the same thing are doing that to you.
Thanks Rebecca, I've always admired your maturity, yet witty comments on this board. I'm your true fan :angel::D

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:24 AM
Thanks Rebecca, I've always admired your maturity, yet witty comments on this board. I'm your true fan :angel::D
Thanks. For what it's worth, I decided a while ago not to care who won the election. I have no control over it, so why get upset? I don't blame other non Americans for getting upset, this is just my way of dealing with the matter.

Besides.... in a weird way, Bush winning yet again might actually give the liberals a push in the next election here if Canadians decide to ride the "we're not americans" wave :p

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:25 AM
wait,so Ohio is the new Florida...*scratches ass*, no wait *pulls hair out*- do any of you Euros or Canadians have room for me...I'm turning the TV off and going to bed depressed..hell, i thought Bush would win anyway..my life isn't any worse off after 4 years right, right....At least Venus won:o I'm trying to be funny or else I might...
:lol: waht's wrong with ohio determining the election!?!?!?!?!
i heart ohio

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:25 AM
Are you surrrrre about that? Because everybody else seems to think they know .;)

Right now, Bush is winning in Michigan and Wisconsin, but not all preceints are reporting, so I am not conceding that to Bush yet. Nor am I conceding Ohio since people are still waiting to vote.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:26 AM
have you ever seen any of Liz's tennis/match predictions or rationale as to why person A will win over person B:tape:

Liz- bare with me, Bush IS winning....;)
"If Player A keeps the ball in play and Player B does not, A will likely win. If Player A does not keep the ball in play, Player B will have a good chance to steal the match"

Point taken.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:28 AM
Sigh, John. :(

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:28 AM
have you ever seen any of Liz's tennis/match predictions or rationale as to why person A will win over person B:tape:

Liz- bare with me, Bush IS winning....;)

Right, Like I said Venus would win tonight while some said Lisa would beat her again (Venus won 6-2, 6-1).

Bush is winning right now, but like I said, wait until 11:00 and it is going to look quite different.

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:35 AM
Where's Volcana BTW?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:37 AM
Where's Volcana BTW?
Sobbing? Oh, I kid. Volcana didn't expect the dems to win.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:39 AM
I hope you're right this time:lol:

Liz- there is a new story on NBC about some fishy stuff in Fl, can you get on that for us:D

I don't know about that, but I know that Kerry is winning in PA. Ohio is still not being called for anybody, but I expected him to win, er steal, Florida.

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:41 AM
Where's Volcana BTW?

who cares? :tape:

jbone_0307
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:49 AM
John Kerry gets Pennsylvania.

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:53 AM
John got Pennsylvania? where did u see this?

cnn

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:54 AM
:lol: .... I wonder what bullshit article he wud pull out of his ass.

he must be preparing for tomorrow :lol:

MinnyGophers
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:44 AM
It is getting tighter with bush leading 209-199

If Bush can hold on to Ohio though and win Florida he will win.

i don't know about that... for Bush to win , he had to have Florida, Ohio as well as Penn, but Kerry took Penn.... it's going to be very close, but even if Bush takes Ohio and Florida, Kerry still has a chance

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:46 AM
No Kerry needs Ohio To Win.

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:48 AM
CBS is showing 246 Bush 199 Kerry now

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:50 AM
So Bush won Florida?

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:50 AM
yeah CBS called florida for bush

Tammy
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:52 AM
just curious - what states did they give to bush ?

Ive been watching CNN and is has not budged at all - they report 197 bush 188 Kerry yet..

CBS is showing 246 Bush 199 Kerry now

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:53 AM
montana, florida, arizona

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:53 AM
yeah CBS called florida for bush
Not even the Fox News Channel has called Florida for Bush, so I wonder why CBS would.

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:54 AM
The winner needs Ohio to win. ;)

Well, everyone is saying the exit polls of earlier today (read: the ones I got which started this thread) were the shittiest bunch of shits that were ever shat. Oops. ;)

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:54 AM
lol Fox news is a hoot

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:56 AM
it seems like all stations have different counts now llol

Tammy
so they can possibly fuck up and wrongly predict states once again ? ;):shrug: - im wondering if CNN is the only station that gave florida etc.. :confused:

.. idk - ill stick to what CNN is reporting since they're being a tad more precautious and trying to be sure of their predictions..

Not even the Fox News Channel has called Florida for Bush, so I wonder why CBS would.

croat123
bush has florida...

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:59 AM
237-199 now GO BUSH!!

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:59 AM
Florida is a good call. Kerry is down 400K with 98% in. Come on. I'm mad too but that's a no-brainer.

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:01 AM
Just a quick Q .... why does Kerry automatically get CA? only 6% has been counted and it is 55%-44%

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:03 AM
Just a quick Q .... why does Kerry automatically get CA? only 6% has been counted and it is 55%-44%

the exit polling and modeling must be overwhelmingly in favor of kerry. California usually votes democrat anyway

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:03 AM
Some states are blowouts coming out of the exit polls. California...is a "duh."

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:05 AM
New Mexico is really important for Bush .... Colorado is a definate i would think. But NM is really close. In theory he could win Ohio and still lose, but if he gets NM he doesnt need to worry about MI or WI.

WI is closing up again thought 50% to 49%

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:06 AM
Some states are blowouts coming out of the exit polls. California...is a "duh."

:lol: ok then

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:06 AM
Neveda is really close too 50% to 49% for Kerry.

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:08 AM
Gamblers: odds of winning: Bush 93% / Kerry 7%.

I hsould have put a bet down when it was 30-70 a few hours ago lol

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:11 AM
Kerry 206-210 Bush

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:13 AM
Kerry 206-210 Bush
Kerry is looking good in New Hampshire and he is winning Nevada at the moemnt.

CNN just said that Florida will go for Bush.

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:14 AM
Koolman where did u get those?

The latest count is 237-199 BUSH

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:15 AM
CNN hasnt called washington although FOX, NBC and CBS have. It seems close though

Jeleno Benesovo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:16 AM
According with CBS right now Bush has 246 EV's and Kerry 207.

But what would happen if: Bush wins Ohio and Alaska and Kerry wins New Hampshire, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Hawaii, Nevada and New Mexico?

then both candidates will have 269 votes. It could happen. Kerry is leading in almost all those states and is fighting neck to neck in New Mexico. If they finishes tied what happens? a 2nd election?

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:17 AM
There is still one outstanding vote from Maine..

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:19 AM
Oregon goes to Kerry 237-206 now

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:20 AM
According with CBS right now Bush has 246 EV's and Kerry 207.

But what would happen if: Bush wins Ohio and Alaska and Kerry wins New Hampshire, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Hawaii, Nevada and New Mexico?

then both candidates will have 269 votes. It could happen. Kerry is leading in almost all those states and is fighting neck to neck in New Mexico. If they finishes tied what happens? a 2nd election?

the republican controled house of representatives will break the tie so bush will win

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:21 AM
Ohio is now only 51% to 48%.

Jeleno Benesovo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:22 AM
the republican controled house of representatives will break the tie so bush will win
thanx for the explanation, bw2082. Another "irregularity" of the US electoral system http://www.wtaworld.com/ubb/icons/icon13.gif

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:22 AM
There is still one outstanding vote from Maine..
can anyone explain to me the situation surrounding this?

Steam
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:23 AM
can anyone explain to me the situation surrounding this?
I looked it up and its because Maine sucks.

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:27 AM
Colorado declared won by Bush 246-206 now

cheesestix
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:28 AM
Ohio is now only 51% to 48%.

CNN shows Bush up:

52% to 48%

or

2,193,201 to 2,047,462

That's about a 145K difference, with about 77% reporting.

The biggest Democratic county outstanding is Cuyahoga (Cleveland?), which has Kerry up 282K to 163K with 67% reporting. Not sure how big the remaining precincts are, but if it's proportionate to what's reported, then expect another 150K votes, of which Kerry gets 2/3, which would be about 100K. That alone wouldn't be enough to overtake Bush's lead. This is all just speculation though.

It's certainly very tight.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:29 AM
:( Kerry cmon

cheesestix
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:31 AM
:( Kerry cmon

You thinking about moving to the USA or something? :rolleyes:

Hey, next time Canada has elections, let us Americans know, so that we can tell you who to vote for. :rolleyes:

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:34 AM
Alaska is in complete favour of Bush 60% - 37% however onli about 5% counted.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:46 AM
Oh well, we can all move to Antarctica or something now that Howard and Bush have both been returned to government. How about a nice satellite in synchronous orbit over the Congo?

Sam L
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:56 AM
You thinking about moving to the USA or something? :rolleyes:

Hey, next time Canada has elections, let us Americans know, so that we can tell you who to vote for. :rolleyes:
Wow, maybe you should've told your daddy Bush to have stopped verbally supporting John Howard when he was about to have his elections. Was he going to become an Australian?

Hypocrite.

rand
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:16 AM
254 against 252 now...it's getting tight!

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:20 AM

Ohio is all it comes down to. It was always tight. Nothing has changed in the last few hours. Bush will likely win Iowa but they have stopped counting for tonight. New Mexico is very close, but Bush leads. It is Ohio which matters. Fox News is standing by their prediction that Bush has won it and they have said that the candidates there have even sent letters to Kerry urging him to concede victory.

turt
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:21 AM
254 against 252 now...it's getting tight!
Well, it doesn't change anything: whoever wins Ohio will be President of the United States of America!

I guess we'll have to wait a few days/weeks...

turt
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:23 AM

Ohio is all it comes down to. It was always tight. Nothing has changed in the last few hours. Bush will likely win Iowa but they have stopped counting for tonight. New Mexico is very close, but Bush leads. It is Ohio which matters. Fox News is standing by their prediction that Bush has won it and they have said that the candidates there have even sent letters to Kerry urging him to concede victory.Here we go again: Fox News trying to influence the results like they did in 2000. Kerry won't make the same mistakes as Gore...

rand
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:24 AM

Ohio is all it comes down to. It was always tight. Nothing has changed in the last few hours. Bush will likely win Iowa but they have stopped counting for tonight. New Mexico is very close, but Bush leads. It is Ohio which matters. Fox News is standing by their prediction that Bush has won it and they have said that the candidates there have even sent letters to Kerry urging him to concede victory.
of course fox is hardly to be taken seriously when it comes down to elections...

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:09 AM
It is said Bush is waiting until later today before declaring himself the winner. Im not sure who the speech was with though some white house person.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Well, it doesn't change anything: whoever wins Ohio will be President of the United States of America!

I guess we'll have to wait a few days/weeks...

You'll have to wait untl sometime next week because that is when the provisional ballots in Ohio will be counted.

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:00 PM
Sad but true...Bush defeats Kerry...6-4 6-3...:mad:

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:03 PM
You'll have to wait untl sometime next week because that is when the provisional ballots in Ohio will be counted.

It is highly unlikely Kerry will win .... he would have to win about 80% of the Prov. Votes.