PDA

View Full Version : Europeans.. Are you staying awake for the elections?

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Hey :)

Just wondering whether some other Europeans are staying awake tonight to follow the US elections :) I am :) But when it's boring or I'm really sleepy, I will go to bed :p

:wavey:

pla
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
I doubt there will be any reliable result tonight so I'll be in my bed soon. Anyways, I wish you a good "waiting" night :wavey: .

James
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
No, not really. Had to work late today, so I got home about five minutes ago. I will see the results tomorrow.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
I doubt there will be any reliable result tonight so I'll be in my bed soon. Anyways, I wish you a good "waiting" night :wavey: .

:lol: Thanks :)

Don't think there will be really reliable results, but it will be interesting to watch I guess :)

Truthwillout
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
I'll find out what goes on when I wake up tomorrow. I coudn't stand the same kind of farce we had 4 years ago...

pla
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:57 PM
:lol: Thanks :)

Don't think there will be really reliable results, but it will be interesting to watch I guess :)

Be wellcome ;)

Here on the TV there are a lot of reports and discussions - it'll be nice until 23-24h. Since then I'll debate the World's politics too (:crazy: me)

Edit: huh I don't remeber at which tv channel the nice discussions will be. :silly:

Steff_forever
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:09 PM
I hope I'll stay awake til 6am. But 4 years ago I was so angry that nothing was decided at this time. I hope that won't happen again.
For me it's really a decisive election that will influence my life in one way or the other. Maybe tomorrow if I have 5 beers in my blood ...

Martian Willow
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:57 PM
I always stay awake. :)

GoDominique
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:13 PM
I always stay awake. :)
I wish I could too. :(

Spunky83
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:19 PM
I'll find out what goes on when I wake up tomorrow. I coudn't stand the same kind of farce we had 4 years ago...

Come one TWO, let us try to manipulate the election with our strong willpower! :kiss:

I hope I'll stay awake til 6am. But 4 years ago I was so angry that nothing was decided at this time. I hope that won't happen again.
For me it's really a decisive election that will influence my life in one way or the other. Maybe tomorrow if I have 5 beers in my blood ...

I have to wake up tomorrow at 6 to go to work, after that a seminar at the university and after that a meeting with fellow students to work on a project for a seminar...so I will work till 8pm, but after that: Big Party!!!...if everything works out: :aparty:

Alle Deutschen mit vereinter Macht gegen den Amtsinhaber :bounce: ...yes!!!

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Come one TWO, let us try to manipulate the election with our strong willpower! :kiss:

I have to wake up tomorrow at 6 to go to work, after that a seminar at the university and after that a meeting with fellow students to work on a project for a seminar...so I will work till 8pm, but after that: Big Party!!!...if everything works out: :aparty:

Alle Deutschen mit vereinter Macht gegen den Amtsinhaber :bounce: ...yes!!!

:D Enjoy the party :)

Joana
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
I don't want to look like a zombie tomorrow, so I no, I won't be staying awake for this.

Central
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:46 PM
I don't have to wake any early tomorrow, and if there's something interesting on TV to keep it going, I might manage to stay till 5 or 6 am :o

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
Joana :hug: You will never be a zombie ;)

Steff_forever
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:54 PM
row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream (night)
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,

BUSH IS BUT A DREAM :wavey:

go Democrats, no surrender, too close to lose ! :aparty: :aparty: :drive: :banana: :drive: :aparty: :aparty:

Martian Jeza
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:04 PM
Maybe I gonna watch a bit but I will be very disapointed if Bush wins !

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:07 PM
row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream (night)
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,

BUSH IS BUT A DREAM :wavey:

go Democrats, no surrender, too close to lose ! :aparty: :aparty: :drive: :banana: :drive: :aparty: :aparty:

A nightmare :lol:

salima
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:16 PM
It will be broadcasted, but I will go to sleep son. someone on the radio pointed at two things who can throw the president out of his seat.
1) The latest "bin Laden video" had litle effect on the opinion (Probably made by the presidents campain:cool: ) It come too close to the election, people is thinking economy now
2) The many young new voters is not counted in the gallups, and they are probably not following the president.

jcaprulez
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:30 PM
I'm not gonna lose any sleep over George Bush. I'll be getting up at 6.30 when you're all just going to sleep. Do you guys not have anything better to do?

Steff_forever
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:33 PM
2) The many young new voters is not counted in the gallups, and they are probably not following the president. probably: this message board isn't representative ...

I'm hoping that the long queues of voters are a sign of protest against GWB's policy (mainly economy p.) and against the indoctrination of fear.

Seles_Beckham
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:20 PM
No, going to sleep, I just hope tomorow Kerry will be the new president.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
Sleep tight everyone :wavey:

I am still awake :)

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:23 PM
:wavey: i am....i have presentations to finish for tomorrow! will help me stay awake. I stayed awake last time tho, that was pretty pointless lol.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:26 PM
:wavey: i am....i have presentations to finish for tomorrow! will help me stay awake. I stayed awake last time tho, that was pretty pointless lol.

:lol: I can so relate! Doing an assignment too right now.. And then I have to do a presentation too ;)

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:30 PM
yeah.....the economic situation of russia before the revolution and george bush on the telly......im wide awake :help: :lol:

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:32 PM
yeah.....the economic situation of russia before the revolution and george bush on the telly......im wide awake :help: :lol:

I bought loads of Red Bull :haha:

I have to write a proposal on increasing expenditure on training programs..
And after that I have to create a presentation on the liberalisation of energy markets :o

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:36 PM
eeek! i think i'll stick with Lenin and co then!! :angel:

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:41 PM
:haha: I will stick to writing my proposal. I hate a limited number of words :mad:

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:48 PM
yeah i always think i'll never get there....then write too many....then delete too many.....its a vicious circle!!

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:50 PM
Currently I am facing lack of concentration :lol: And too high an amount of words :maD:

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:00 PM
well i havent found my glasses yet....so your ahead of me! Only just ;)

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
:woohoo: I have my glasses :woohoo:

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:04 PM
lol oh to be in your shoes...... :cool:

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:06 PM
Look at the sentence I fabricated: "It is vital that the company spends more on language training, because of the company’s upcoming penetration of the Spanish market. The current level of the staff’s knowledge of the Spanish language is insufficient. Moreover, there is also room for improvement of the average level of English writing."

:lol:

flyingmachine
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:07 PM
Sorry guys I'm afraid I'm going to bed soon. :o I just had a very long day at work today. :o
Personally I want Bush to be kick out but if Bush wins this is not going to be the end of the world.
Anyway I just hope it will be a fair election. No repect on Florida please.... :rolleyes:

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:08 PM
I'm impressed!! I love stuff you manage to make up when deadlines loom......now if i could only find my glasses lol :banghead:

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:14 PM
I'm impressed!! I love stuff you manage to make up when deadlines loom......now if i could only find my glasses lol :banghead:

:haha: :hug:
If it helps.. I am stuck too now :eek:

:bigwave: Flyingmachine :bigwave:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:19 PM
No

Whatever happens won't change a single thing, war is around the corner again

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:19 PM
found them! now, if only i could find my books.......... :devil: only kidding

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:28 PM
found them! now, if only i could find my books.......... :devil: only kidding

Wow :bigclap:

I have competition now :scared:

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:35 PM
oh i wouldnt worry lol i still havent started yet!

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:44 PM
I reached the 345 words now! Had 410 first.. :lol:

Now let me reread and it might be good enough!

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:49 PM
i want to be happy for you but somehow i just can't lol :rain: :retard: hehe

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:52 PM
I found it good enough!

Now I need to make the presentation :)

sadsmiley
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:58 PM
i'm up to 1861 another 40 years to go......

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:59 PM
Liberalisation of the energy market...

To think I once found it interesting :tape:

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:02 AM
i'm up to 1861 another 40 years to go......

Awww

:hug: :)

Justeenium
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:02 AM
maybe they should stay up and read a history book instead of being clueless :lol:

sadsmiley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:06 AM
:angel: yes, poor me lol! well you and i differ cause i've never really found the revolution interesting! I do wonder why i study politics...i think its because it makes me sound clever :bs:

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:09 AM
:angel: yes, poor me lol! well you and i differ cause i've never really found the revolution interesting! I do wonder why i study politics...i think its because it makes me sound clever :bs:

It does :) You are so clever :yeah: ;)

korben
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:13 AM
I am, barely :yawn:

Go Kerry :)

Elske
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:15 AM
I am, barely :yawn:

Go Kerry :) ˛

;)

:yawn:

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:16 AM

I am still surprisingly awake! And I still have two tins of a Red Bull substitute left :haha:

grmbl
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:18 AM
I'm awake too, but I'm at work now.. :p

Elske
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:19 AM

I am still surprisingly awake! And I still have two tins of a Red Bull substitute left :haha: your teeth will be BROWN after tonight :p

SilK
I'm awake as well... al though it is really boring right now on TV :eek:

BritneySpearsIsHot
You people make it sound like a sporting event :lol:

Surely there is something more interesting on :confused:

I don't get involved in politics. All politicians lie and get caught up in sleaze anyway.

So.............which one of Kerry and Bush would kill us first if they were to win ?

sadsmiley
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:21 AM
It does :) You are so clever :yeah: ;)

yey! go me! leaving my presentation to the last minute is not that clever but aah well nobody's perfect :rolleyes:

im scarily awake but that'll change

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:24 AM
your teeth will be BROWN after tonight :p

:haha:

But I will be awake to see them :lol: :tape:

Yeah Silas.. But I have turned on CNN now :)

BritneySpearsIsHot.. I think Nader will kill us with LOVE :) :hug:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:24 AM
Some games for you all involving the two grey men

http://www.miniclip.com/election.htm

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:28 AM
Checking out the game :)

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:30 AM
Hip Hop Debate is :crazy:

grmbl
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:32 AM
lol

SilK
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:33 AM
:haha:

But I will be awake to see them :lol: :tape:

Yeah Silas.. But I have turned on CNN now :)

BritneySpearsIsHot.. I think Nader will kill us with LOVE :) :hug:

I'm gonna follow your lead. It's Theo this and Theo that... Damn... sickening!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:36 AM
:yeah:

Well something about this election had to be half interesting...............i didn't even know it was tonight i stay away from the news that much

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:38 AM
I'm gonna follow your lead. It's Theo this and Theo that... Damn... sickening!

Theo was sickening and now he's dead, he is still sickening :p

SilK
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:42 AM
:lol: I kinda liked the guy. He was a little strange, but I liked his controvercial ways. He kicked ass! Anyway, Dutch TV is faster with results than CNN. But they Dutchies a boring me to death....

Martian Jeza
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:43 AM
I'm curently watching it with anxiety : I don't want another 4 years of Bush !

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:49 AM
I'm curently watching it with anxiety : I don't want another 4 years of Bush !

I hear you :lol:

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:50 AM
:lol: I kinda liked the guy. He was a little strange, but I liked his controvercial ways. He kicked ass! Anyway, Dutch TV is faster with results than CNN. But they Dutchies a boring me to death....

Dutch results are not official :rolleyes: