PDA

View Full Version : Early Exit Polls Show Kerry With A Slight Lead

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:33 PM
This is according to the Drudge Report.

griffin
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:37 PM
At 2:30 Boston time, that doesn't really mean much.

Much as I'd like it too.

Mase
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:43 PM
We'll take it though... Go Kerry!!!!

Truthwillout
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:44 PM
Remember 4 years ago? Poll pundits first said Gore was the winner, then 4 hours later it was Bush then 3 hours later it was Gore again and four weeks after they were still counting the votes.

Bacardi
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
http://yelims.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse03.gifYAY!http://yelims.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse03.gif

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
At 2:30 Boston time, that doesn't really mean much.

Much as I'd like it too.
That's why I said according to the Drudge Report. He was responsible for a false report this morning regarding some false voting in Philadelphia.

griffin
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
4 years ago? did somehting happen?

I actually think they shouldn't even hazard a guess until the polls close nationwide - because those predictions can affect voter turnout in places where they're still open.

Hagar
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
What's the Drudge Report?

Boy, I'm unable to do anything as I keep following what is shown on TV about this election. I don't know if I'll go to bed tonight.
(normally I only stay up for tennis matches).

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
:bigclap:

Every lead is a good one :)

harloo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:48 PM
I will reserve jubilation concerning this election until all the legalities are worked out because you know they have poll watchers and lawyers lined up and ready to go.

I figure it will take at least 2 weeks after this is all over to state a clear winner. I cast my little vote today so I hope it makes a difference. LOL:lol:

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Remember 4 years ago? Poll pundits first said Gore was the winner, then 4 hours later it was Bush then 3 hours later it was Gore again and four weeks after they were still counting the votes.
That's because they called Florida for Gore when it supposedly was for Bush. That won't happen this year.

Truthwillout
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:52 PM
That's because they called Florida for Gore when it supposedly was for Bush. That won't happen this year.

How do you know? :confused: Pundits seem to think it'll be as tight as 4 years ago?

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:54 PM
What's the Drudge Report?

Boy, I'm unable to do anything as I keep following what is shown on TV about this election. I don't know if I'll go to bed tonight.
(normally I only stay up for tennis matches).

http://drudgereport.com

It is a right leaning website.

Helen Lawson
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:55 PM
I'm going to be really mad at any network who makes any prediction for a state before all polls are closed and preferably, say nothing until all polls are closed in the whole country. I hope those dopes at the networks and the cable stations do this, but who knows.

UDiTY
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:56 PM
YES!!!:rocker2:

Let's keep the votes coming people!!!:bounce:

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:56 PM
How do you know? :confused: Pundits seem to think it'll be as tight as 4 years ago?
I was talking about four years ago. Today, it is too close to call, as is Ohio, Delaware and Pennsylvania. They say NJ is too close to call, but I live in NJ and it is going to go to Kerry.

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:57 PM
I'm going to be really mad at any network who makes any prediction for a state before all polls are closed and preferably, say nothing until all polls are closed in the whole country. I hope those dopes at the networks and the cable stations do this, but who knows.

After the debacle in 2000, the networks will not call a state until after the polls have closed.

daniela86
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:59 PM
Come on Johnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I am glad to see him lead! :) :banana:

griffin

I'd add that I think most news agencies are going to be a lot more cautious about issuing predictions this time around. A lot of them were seriously embarrassed last time around.

daniela86
After the debacle in 2000, the networks will not call a state until after the polls have closed.
I agree!

Keith
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
I don't think anyone can predict the kind of mess this election will be in one day from now! I say, EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. Let's see how this drama unfolds, it should be very interesting!

Cariaoke
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:28 PM
Hell, I don't think we'll even have a President til December! History tends to repeat itself.

But I hope it's a landslide to prove all these predictions wrong. :lol:

SJW
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
*keeps fingers crossed*

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:02 PM
Cmon Democrats and John Kerry!

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:33 PM
I bet everyone supporting Kerry here is being bad-repped by Justeenium.. I am anyway :tape:

griffin
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Not recently.

Dang, I feel left out :p

CooCooCachoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah you should feel really sad! Want to borrow a bit of my bad-rep :)

Pureracket
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:44 PM
I think it's going to be hard for the news stations NOT to report the projected winner because of the news stations' obsession with "you heard it here first."

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Update:

As of 5:20PM EST, Kerry is showing slim leads in exit polls in all the key states (PA, FL, OH, WI, NH). If this trend holds, as of tomorrow morning, Bush could be the lame duck sonn-to-be-former President.

the cat
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:09 AM
Gee Griffin, life is going so well for you lately. You must be on a natural high on cloud 9. :) As for the United States presidential election I think Kerry will win the unofficial election tonight and then be the official winner a week or so down the road when the voter fraud possibilities have been examined. Hearing about possible voter fraud for a few months has made me think no matter who wins tonight the results will be challenged. I hope that someday we have an easy voting system that is fraud proof.

Pure and Liz, I certainly hope the networks don't jump the gun tonight if it's a very close race just to say they were the first network to declare a winner. Jumping the gun caused so mnay problems with the 2000 presidential election.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:08 AM
Those predictions are so conflicting and changeable :lol:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:20 AM
I bet everyone supporting Kerry here is being bad-repped by Justeenium.. I am anyway :tape:
That poster is a complete tool, so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Philbo
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:35 AM
Justeenium is a complete wanker - he bad repped me lol

GoDominique
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:48 AM
Justeenium is a complete wanker - he bad repped me lol
Then why don't you add him to your signature? :)

LeonHart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:11 AM
And we all know how accurate these exit polls are :p

the cat
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
I'm a little suprised that people were misled by the exit polls since the exits poll results were given late in the afternoon and with so much time left in the voting.

I do wish the electoral voting was done away with so we could use a system where every vote counts in America. That would get people out to vote even if they live in a Democratic state like New York and want to vote for a Republican presidential candidate or if they live in a Republican state like Texas but want to vote a Democratic presidential candidate.

Sally Struthers
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
I do wish the electoral voting was done away with so we could use a system where every vote counts in America. That would get people out to vote even if they live in a Democratic state like New York and want to vote for a Republican presidential candidate or if they live in a Republican state like Texas but want to vote a Democratic presidential candidate.

Bush still won the popular vote by 3-4 million votes...

Martian KC
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
LOL! Just like our liz to be soo early on things and be overly dramatic.:haha:

DevilishAttitude
Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:22 PM
Did Bush thrash Kerry :confused:

Lizchris started this thread :lol: probably ended Kerry's chances when that happened :tape:

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
Did Bush thrash Kerry :confused:

Lizchris started this thread :lol: probably ended Kerry's chances when that happened :tape:

Bush only won by about 3.5 million votes.

Actually Ohio and the Southern Christian conservatives ended his chances.:rolleyes:

the cat
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:49 PM
Liz, the overseas military votes still have to be counted and that will expand Bush's popular vote lead for whatever that's worth.

The Democrats need to find a viable presidential candiate who is a middle of the road Democrat who doesn't lean too far to the left. If John Kerry was a middle of the road Democrat I think he would have won the presidency of the United State last night.

And did Michael Moore and Bruce Sprongsteen really help the Democratic cause this year? Or did they turn people off?