PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2004 US Election Thread

Sam L
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:27 AM
Let's talk about the next 24 hours here. Updates, breaking news etc...

Meanwhile the election is officially underway...

Election Day 2004 is officially under way, with dozens of residents of Dixville Notch, New Hampshire, casting their traditional midnight votes. The rest of the nation will go to the polls starting early Tuesday morning.

President George W. Bush is seeking a second term as the 43rd president of the United States. John F. Kerry, a Democrat, is seeking to become the 44th president following a 19-year career in Congress as the junior senator from Massachusetts.

In Dixville Notch, Bush won 19 votes, with Kerry getting 7 votes. Get out and Vote Kerry!

OUT!
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:42 AM
My friends, boyfriend and I are staying up late to watch the results :)
Even my mum and her little doggie are coming around.
Pizza night :D

~{X}~
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:45 AM
Ugh lol its not even 6am and I am up lol. Normally I would wake up at 12 today but I am up early cause I want to be there when the polls open to go vote haha. ::grabs coffee!:: Its my first time voting, wish me luck with the machine haha. Ciao!

OUT!
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:51 AM
Ugh lol its not even 6am and I am up lol. Normally I would wake up at 12 today but I am up early cause I want to be there when the polls open to go vote haha. ::grabs coffee!:: Its my first time voting, wish me luck with the machine haha. Ciao!Yay first time voter! :bounce:
Do you live in Florida b/c the press here tend to suggest that voting complications reside in that state.

GoDominique
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:52 AM
So Bush is in the lead already. :(

Drimal
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:57 AM
PLEASE NO MORE BUSH !!!!!!!! :hysteric: :hysteric: :armed: :armed:

OUT!
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:00 AM
So Bush is in the lead already. :(Yeah, well it's too early ot say, but I thought those New England states were staunchly Democraitc as opposed to Republican? :confused: Bush campaigned well on that wartime President message though, so who knows what will happen.

Wiggly
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:28 AM
Vote For Kerry
Bush supporters are cheaters

galadriel
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
Go Kerry !!!!!!

Nastyafan
Nov 2nd, 2004, 12:05 PM
Please Americans, save the world:bowdown:

http://www.thedailybull.ca/fuhrer/zips/bush-640.jpg

Navratilove
Nov 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
No MORE BUSHIT!
Vote FOR KERRY!

martirogi
Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:25 PM
i voted for the first time today and i live in florida, very exciting

Cariaoke
Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:29 PM
congrats, martirogi. :yeah:

http://electoral-vote.com

We have a long wait ahead of us. :sad:

LucasArg
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
congrats, martirogi. :yeah:

http://electoral-vote.com (http://electoral-vote.com/)

We have a long wait ahead of us. :sad:
The last time I checked the site Kerry was leading Bush for so much, and now with that Fox News poll is tied again.

Do you know where this site comes from?

LucasArg
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
VOTE FOR KERRY

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mrs. Peel
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:20 PM
I just returned to the office from voting. I love the energy and the atmosphere of everyone coming out to make their vote count.

On the way to work there was this guy with these flyers taped all over their Camaro. It had a big coclor phot of John Kerry against a background of an American flag. At the top it said:

I Voted 4 John Kerry Bitch!!!!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I pulled up next to him and had to say something...we laugh hysterically...he gave me one of his handmade posters. I now have it in my back window of my car :lol: Hopefully some deranged Republican doesn't throw a brick at my car :tape:

If I get a chance I will scan it :lol:

~{X}~
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Yay first time voter! :bounce:
Do you live in Florida b/c the press here tend to suggest that voting complications reside in that state.

Haha no thank goodness I don't live in Florida. I live in NYC lol. Voting was fun, we have those switch lever type machines here and I was like "Uhhh.....why aren't the switches...switching?!" :confused: And then I read the directions that you have to pull this big red lever at the bottom first haha. I felt so blonde. :lol:

Sam L
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:21 PM
I've read on other boards that Kerry is doing very well in exit polls?

Cariaoke
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
All polls close at 7 or 8 depending on the time zone.

It is not 7 or 8 in any time zone yet so anything you hear is b.s.

Richie77
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:12 PM
Polls here in Indiana, and in Kentucky close at 6. But, both states are split between two time zones, so all the polls won't be closed until 7 Eastern Time.

The networks aren't supposed to call any state until ALL the polls are closed...they'd better hold to it!

Hagar
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:15 PM
I thought John Kerry was funny when he said that he had visited Florida so many times that his brother considered running for governor.

Second thing that struck me is that Teresa Heinz Kerry is really cute, love the way she talks and moves.

Philbo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Praying for kerry. Praying to get back the America I grew up loving and admiring back...

Almalyk
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Isn't it interesting how most foreigners (such as me) want Kerry in the White House? Couldn't stand another term with Bush and i'm not even an American!

Linnie
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:32 PM
Yay first time voter! :bounce:
Do you live in Florida b/c the press here tend to suggest that voting complications reside in that state.I live in Florida and just voted (for KERRY :yeah: ). I had no problem at all, and I've been hearing (at least here in South Florida) that so far things have been running pretty smooth :)

Barrie_Dude
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:40 PM
George
Walker
Bush
For
President!

cheesestix
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:54 PM
Praying for kerry. Praying to get back the America I grew up loving and admiring back...

And why don't you explain what exactly that is to YOU?

And why don't you explain what exactly you think that John Kerry will do to get it that way?

Foreign countries have resented the USA for years. When 9/11 happened, a British friend of mine had this "serves you right" kind of attitude about it. He didn't say it straight out, but you could tell by what he was saying that he really didn't have much sympathy for the USA.

Bush had only been the president for 8 months when 9/11 happened. It obviously wasn't an attack against Bush or his policies. It was an attack against the USA. It had been planned since 1996. And America had been attacked repeatedly during Clinton's 2 terms.

Why is that? Because of Clinton's policies? Because of Bush, Sr? Because of Reagan? Clinton obviously didn't change the world's opinion of the USA. He had 8 years to do it. So what do you think Kerry will do? A lot of libs think Clinton was so great, and most of you don't even LIKE Kerry (you just hate Bush). So why would you think Kerry would be able to do near as good a job (in your eyes) as Clinton? Remember, Clinton didn't do much to help the image of the USA to foreigners either.

I just wonder why so many of you foreigners keep pushing for Kerry when you basically know jack shit about him.

And why do so many Americans act like we're some 3rd world country or something? From where I'm standing, things aren't so bad. But by the way some of you talk, it's like we're living in Afghanistan or something. :rolleyes:

Be careful what you wish for, because the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And I sure as hell hope we don't have to find that out the hard way.

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:02 PM

And why don't you explain what exactly you think that John Kerry will do to get it that way?

Foreign countries have resented the USA for years. When 9/11 happened, a British friend of mine had this "serves you right" kind of attitude about it. He didn't say it straight out, but you could tell by what he was saying that he really didn't have much sympathy for the USA.

Bush had only been the president for 8 months when 9/11 happened. It obviously wasn't an attack against Bush or his policies. It was an attack against the USA. It had been planned since 1996. And America had been attacked repeatedly during Clinton's 2 terms.

Why is that? Because of Clinton's policies? Because of Bush, Sr? Because of Reagan? Clinton obviously didn't change the world's opinion of the USA. He had 8 years to do it. So what do you think Kerry will do? A lot of libs think Clinton was so great, and most of you don't even LIKE Kerry (you just hate Bush). So why would you think Kerry would be able to do near as good a job (in your eyes) as Clinton? Remember, Clinton didn't do much to help the image of the USA to foreigners either.

I just wonder why so many of you foreigners keep pushing for Kerry when you basically know jack shit about him.

And why do so many Americans act like we're some 3rd world country or something? From where I'm standing, things aren't so bad. But by the way some of you talk, it's like we're living in Afghanistan or something. :rolleyes:

Be careful what you wish for, because the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And I sure as hell hope we don't have to find that out the hard way.

For starters, he will do something about this horrendous economy. Do you realize that Bush is the only president since Herbert Hoover (1929-1933) to have a net loss in jobs? At least Hoover had an excuse (the Great Depression), but he can't use September 11th as an excuse because he cut taxes and started a war on terrorism. No president in the history of the Republic has EVER cut taxes during a war, declared or undeclared.

He will also do something about the edcuation crisis in this country, which was not solved by No Child Left Behind, mainly because it was never funded properly.

He will create some exit stragedy in Iraq, something Bush has yet to do. Our troops are so stretched that some who were supposed to come home will have to stay in Iraq for another two year and in some states (like mine, which is New Jersey), we have NO National Guard. Why? Because they are all over in Iraq. God forbid if he ever have any type of disaster in NJ.

cheesestix
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
For starters, he will do something about this horrendous economy. Do you realize that Bush is the only president since Herbert Hoover (1929-1933) to have a net loss in jobs? At least Hoover had an excuse (the Great Depression), but he can't use September 11th as an excuse because he cut taxes and started a war on terrorism. No president in the history of the Republic has EVER cut taxes during a war, declared or undeclared.

He will also do something about the edcuation crisis in this country, which was not solved by No Child Left Behind, mainly because it was never funded properly.

He will create some exit stragedy in Iraq, something Bush has yet to do. Our troops are so stretched that some who were supposed to come home will have to stay in Iraq for another two year and in some states (like mine, which is New Jersey), we have NO National Guard. Why? Because they are all over in Iraq. God forbid if he ever have any type of disaster in NJ.

Maybe you should re-read my post, which was directed towards foreigners about foreign policy and American resent. :rolleyes:

CC
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
We can keep track here:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/scorecard/

Barrie_Dude
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
CNN, Live from Hotlanta, Baby!;)

Philbo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:27 PM

I'll gladly explain.

Im angry at the way the Bush administration DUPED The world into thinking Saddam was some dangerous leader who could deploy WMD's within 40 minutes. The way the Neocons that pull the strings on Bush and orchestrated the wrong war has shattered any faith i had in the belief that governemnts, generally , tell the truth to their citizens.

Im angry that the leader of my country blindly followed the worlds most incompetent leader into war.

Im angry that Bush has blurred the lines of separation between state and religion to the point where a lot of his social policies look as if the FAR right, religious zealots are the ones in the policy room formulating the policies. Im angry that the asshole wants to amend the american constitution to ensure gays never have a chance to marry - this is a policy he beleives 'God' wants - and any leader that speaks as if God is speaking though him is DANGEROUS>

The USA is no longer the land of free speech - look at how its become so 'unpatriotic' to express any doubt about the war, or the response to 9/11 etc etc.

I want the America back that wanted to STOP the proliferation of nuclear weapons around the globe - Not the USA that is investing billions into a new wave of nukes - at the same time as they are being relied upon to stop countries like North Korea and Iran getting nuke capability - the USA doesnt have a leg to stand on in the negotiations around that if they are telling other countries not to obtain nukes at the same time as they themselves are investing billions into a new generation of nukes - the hypocrisy is amazing.

Kerry is at least a man who understands the world is not a black and white place of American heroes and foreign evildoers - which is Bush's simplistic view of the world - Kerry is a man who knows what its like to kill in war, the futility of it - Bush is a man who dodged serving his country thanks to his Fathers contacts and is the most unintelligent man Ive ever seen in such a high place of power.

Many americans are ashamed of their president, rightly so - the rest of the world is amazed that roughle half of the USA actually approves of the man. It really does give credence to the belief that the rest of the world has that many small town americans are just plain stupid and uneducated.

Philbo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:38 PM
I didnt quite answer the question...

But also kerry at least believes in the importance of Alliances - he understands that america cannot control the world alone - George Bush and his 'with us or against us' view is just so narrow minded and stupid (cant think of a better word) - Kerry at least wont be so governed by the Saudi arabian oil money that Bush is so intertwined with - he might actually do something about the real country responsible for 9/11.

But yes, on some level Kerry is an unknown quantity - but if its a choice between the lesser of 2 evils - Id choose the lesser evil which is certainly Kerry. At least Kerry doesnt see himself a Gods tool and messenger. You only have to look at Bush's base - the evangelican born again christian right...Need I say more?

grmbl
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
Good luck people from the USA! :lol:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo Kerry!

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
I'll gladly explain.

Im angry at the way the Bush administration DUPED The world into thinking Saddam was some dangerous leader who could deploy WMD's within 40 minutes. The way the Neocons that pull the strings on Bush and orchestrated the wrong war has shattered any faith i had in the belief that governemnts, generally , tell the truth to their citizens.

Im angry that the leader of my country blindly followed the worlds most incompetent leader into war.

Im angry that Bush has blurred the lines of separation between state and religion to the point where a lot of his social policies look as if the FAR right, religious zealots are the ones in the policy room formulating the policies. Im angry that the asshole wants to amend the american constitution to ensure gays never have a chance to marry - this is a policy he beleives 'God' wants - and any leader that speaks as if God is speaking though him is DANGEROUS>

The USA is no longer the land of free speech - look at how its become so 'unpatriotic' to express any doubt about the war, or the response to 9/11 etc etc.

I want the America back that wanted to STOP the proliferation of nuclear weapons around the globe - Not the USA that is investing billions into a new wave of nukes - at the same time as they are being relied upon to stop countries like North Korea and Iran getting nuke capability - the USA doesnt have a leg to stand on in the negotiations around that if they are telling other countries not to obtain nukes at the same time as they themselves are investing billions into a new generation of nukes - the hypocrisy is amazing.

Kerry is at least a man who understands the world is not a black and white place of American heroes and foreign evildoers - which is Bush's simplistic view of the world - Kerry is a man who knows what its like to kill in war, the futility of it - Bush is a man who dodged serving his country thanks to his Fathers contacts and is the most unintelligent man Ive ever seen in such a high place of power.

Many americans are ashamed of their president, rightly so - the rest of the world is amazed that roughle half of the USA actually approves of the man. It really does give credence to the belief that the rest of the world has that many small town americans are just plain stupid and uneducated.

You are so right; he is the reason if a celebrity opens his/her mouth in opposition to him, his supporters use it as an excuse to attempt to ruin the person's career. If you need any examples, just ask the Dixie Chicks, Whoopi Goldberg and Howard Stern.

CC
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:03 PM
We can keep track here:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/scorecard/
34 to 3 so far. :o

Bush got Georgia, Kentucky, and Indiana.

Kerry won Vermont.

Rah.

faboozadoo15
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:06 PM
i wonder if any of you people even considered tort reform when voting.
i'm pretty liberal on a lot of issues- gay marriage, enviro, animal rights (yes, peta member)
but i can't stand the thought of thousands of unnecessary lawsuits keeping the courts from functioning properly. then take into account the amount of bullshit malpractice claims (where edwards 'made' his fortune) and the soaring insurance rates, and soon, there will be no specialized doctors in many states. it's already happening in the south. try to find an obgyn in the state of florida, and you're one lucky lady.

just thought that with all the issues, this one gets foolishly skipped over. people seem to think stem cell research will cure the world of everything, but they don't want to vote a president who will reform the court system and render the responsibility of bad law suits to where they belong. btw, stem cell research is great in theory, but there isn't even any concrete evidence that the stem cells harvested from embryos and fetuses are any more usable than other mammals (ie pigs.)

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:08 PM
Bush was expected to win those states? correct?
Yes.

But he was expected to take Virginia easily, but it is too close to call.

Oizo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:10 PM
Vermont goes to Kerry :woohoo:

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
As far as Senate races go, the Republicans picked up a seat in Georgia (it was held by a Democrat). In Indiana and Vermont, the Democrats held on to their seats.

Cuckoo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:25 PM
Right...

Im watching the CNN Coverage, which kudos to us Internationals!

Firstly "House" I see the states at the bottom and they have House 4, House 06 etc etc, What are Houses within the states?

Then Senates, what exactly is a senate, what is their occupation within the states,

Finally....When you cast Your Vote, Do you have one Vote for The Senate, One for The House? and one for the Party (Dem/Rep)??

Cheers

Venus Forever
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:37 PM
39 to 3, as West Virginia goes to Bush now.

:rolleyes:

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:37 PM
Bush will take West Virginia.

The Republicans are in trouble in the Sentate race in Kentucky. The incumbant, Jim Bunning, is already down by 8%. He didn't help himself by making a racist remark about his challenger:rolleyes: .

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:38 PM
49 to 3, as West Virginia goes to Bush now.

:rolleyes:
Don't you mean 39?

Martian Willow
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:42 PM
It's exciting.

CC
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:44 PM
39 is the correct number.

You can see the "predictable" states by checking the GAIN/LOSS column. Those that both candidates won so far reflect "no change" from 2000 (except for a couple points here and there).

Venus Forever
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
Don't you mean 39?
Of course. ;)

lizchris
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:57 PM
BTW, a slew of states are set to close polls in a few minutes.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:01 AM
77 to 66 for KERRY

disposablehero
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:02 AM
A few quick thoughts.

#1: Bush ought to go,, and generally not for the reasons that get the most attention.

#2: An airtight race favours the incumbent. Nervous people tend to stick with the devil they know.

#3: Kerry lacks personal charisma. The most effective US Presidents have been personally charismatic. (Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton)

#4: My personal prediction: The winner of Ohio will become POTUS.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:08 AM
Kerry wins:

Massachusetts
Connecticut
New Jersey
Delaware
Maryalnd
Illinois
District of Columbia

Bush wins:

Tennessee
Oklahoma
Alabama

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:13 AM
History has been made in senate races in Connecticut and Illinois. Chirstopher Dodd has been elected to his fifth term in the Senate form Connecticut (he becomes their longest serving senator). And in Illinois, Barak Obama has been elected to the Senate becoming the first black man to go the Sentate in more than a quarter of a cnetury.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:17 AM
Republicans will keep Senate seats in Alabama, New Hampshire and Missouri.

Democrats will keep Senate seat in Maryland.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:34 AM
89 Bush, 77 Kerry with Bush picking up Virginia and a few others.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:44 AM
102 Bush vs. 77 Kerry

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
North Carolina = 15 Votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes

Kerry States:

Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
District of Columbia = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maine = 3 of 4 votes (last one undecided)
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
Vermont = 3 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Florida = 27 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

New Hampshire = 4 votes

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:52 AM
According to exit polls, Kerry is leading in the following staes:

Florida
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
New Mexico

Hagar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:57 AM
According to exit polls, Kerry is leading in the following staes:

Florida
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
New MexicoWhich of these states is traditionally Republican?

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:58 AM
Which one of these states is traditionally Republican?
New Hampshire
Wisconsin

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:01 AM
Bush 155 vs. Kerry 112

Hagar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:02 AM
New info. Florida 35% counted and Bush leading with +12 points. Bah...

Hagar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:03 AM
Dutch TV says that in Ohio some people will still have to wait for a couple of hours before they can cast their vote. That's outrageous.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:06 AM
Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Florida = 27 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Ohio = 20 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

New Hampshire = 4 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:34 AM
Bush 170 vs. Kerry 112

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Nebraska = 3 of 5 votes (2 undecided)
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Arkansas = 6 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

New Hampshire = 4 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes

CC
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:47 AM
Who will get California's 55 electoral votes? Have they said if it will be close there, or is it pretty much predictable? What's their voting history?

CC
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:48 AM
Cuz 55 is a lot and Bush only needs 100 more now. So please reassure me. :scared:

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:51 AM
California should definitely go to Kerry, don't worry.

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
Cuz 55 is a lot and Bush only needs 100 more now. So please reassure me. :scared:

california will go for kerry

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:53 AM
Bush 171 vs. Kerry 112

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Arkansas = 6 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

New Hampshire = 4 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes

CC
Nov 3rd, 2004, 01:54 AM
Boys, you don't know how much that means to me. Thank you kindly.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:14 AM
Bush 195 vs. Kerry 112

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 4 of 5 votes (1 undecided)
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Arizona = 10 votes
Colorado = 9 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Iowa = 7 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:34 AM
Boys, you don't know how much that means to me. Thank you kindly.
Kerry will win California, Oregon and Washington state. That's 73 electoral votes.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:46 AM
New Hampshire leaning Kerry once again.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:51 AM
Kerry has won Pennsylvania

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:52 AM
Kerry takes Pennsylvania!!!

Bush 195 vs. Kerry 133

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 4 of 5 votes (1 undecided)
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Arizona = 10 votes
Colorado = 9 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Iowa = 7 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:19 AM
Kerry takes California and Washington state
Bush takes Idaho

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:19 AM
Bush 210 vs. Kerry 199

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Colorado = 9 votes
Florida = 27 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Iowa = 7 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes
Oregon = 7 votes

"Topaz"
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:20 AM
As of 11:19

210 Bush
199 Kerry

Kerry needs a good and effective prayer at this point or else.

LeonHart
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:20 AM
I hate how California is just free points for Democrats....and we have a republican govenator damnit. :p

ys
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:25 AM
And Bush has already won Ohio.. his leading margin of 150000 votes stays the same for last 40% of votes counted.. Kerry is not closing at all..

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:26 AM
its realli all down to who wins Ohio.
Well, Kerry is leading in the popluar vote in some states at the moment. He is leading in Michigan, New Hampshire, Minnesota and Washington state, but those states are still too close to call.

Berlin_Calling
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:26 AM
this is too close for comfort.

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:29 AM
And Bush has already won Ohio.. his leading margin of 150000 votes stays the same for last 40% of votes counted.. Kerry is not closing at all..

Accoridng to CNN, almost 60% of the vote has been counted in Ohio and Kerry has taken the lead.

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:29 AM
OMG...they are using Tennis anologies..."neither candidate has broken serve yet" :haha:

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:33 AM
61% in Ohio and Bush leads 52% to 48%

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:36 AM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/OH/P/00/

track ohio with that link
62% reporting
bush leads 52-48

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:37 AM
61% in Ohio and Bush leads 52% to 48%Sorry, I meant MSNBC.

kournikovafan13
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:38 AM
fucking hell. the electoral college is bullshit.

even if kerry wins hawaii, iowa, michigan, minnesota, nevada, and new hampshire, he'll still lose.

the northeast is definitely misrepresented in terms of number of votes.

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:38 AM
Sorry, I mant MSNBC.

ob a mistake cause everywhere else places Bush as leading.

kournikovafan13
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:39 AM
Wisconsin now leaning Kerry? :eek: :D

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:40 AM
ob a mistake cause everywhere else places Bush as leading.

But the biggest counties have not reported, that's why no one is calling the state for Bush yet.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:41 AM
Wisconsin Leaning towards Kerry now.

Paldias
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:41 AM
Is it still possible to say that Kerry can win this?

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:43 AM

not if he loses ohio and florida... cnn just said kerry camp has just about given up on florida

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:43 AM

Yes, but he must win Ohio.

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:44 AM
But the biggest counties have not reported, that's why no one is calling the state for Bush yet.

Im fully aware of this .... I was reffering to MSNBC or wateva saying that 60% and Kerry leading which is incorrect.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:59 AM
Bush 237 vs. Kerry 199

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Colorado = 9 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Iowa = 7 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes
Oregon = 7 votes

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:07 AM
Bush 237 vs. Kerry 199

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Colorado = 9 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Iowa = 7 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes
Oregon = 7 votes

Kerry has won Oregon

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:18 AM
Bush 237 vs. Kerry 206

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Oregon = 7 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Colorado = 9 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Iowa = 7 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes

darrinbaker00
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:22 AM
Questions: is it possible to have a tie in the electoral vote, and if so, what's the procedure?

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:25 AM
Hawaii is not leaning towards Kerry with 4 electoral votes.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:26 AM
Montana and Colorado now go to Bush.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:28 AM
Bush 246 vs. Kerry 206

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Colorado = 9 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Oregon = 7 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Hawaii = 4 votes
Iowa = 7 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:33 AM
Kerry grabs the one electoral vote left up for grabs in Maine.

Bush 237 vs. Kerry 207

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Colorado = 9 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Oregon = 7 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Alaska = 3 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Hawaii = 4 votes
Iowa = 7 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:34 AM
whos winning alaska

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:36 AM
whos winning alaska
Leaning Bush

Jeleno Benesovo
Bush Leaning States:

New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

Kerry is leading in Wisconsin. Those aren't enough votes though. Kerry has to win Ohio because I just heard in case they ties at 269 votes the congress would elect Bush. :rolleyes:

Lee-Waters' Boy
i was only joking :p trying to occupy myself between these announcements

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:39 AM
Oh God please let John win!

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:40 AM
Kerry is leading in Wisconsin. Those aren't enough votes though. Kerry has to win Ohio because I just heard in case they ties at 269 votes the congress would elect Bush. :rolleyes:
I don't know why I had it in Bush's column, when I knew it was Kerry's.:rolleyes:

jbone_0307
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:42 AM
Who and why are all of the peoples voting for Bush??

LucasArg
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:45 AM
Who and why are all of the peoples voting for Bush??
Because they are sick:o

azmad_88
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:45 AM
its down to ohio and michigan
its seriously down to ohio actually
if kerry can get ohio and michigan
he got a shot

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:46 AM
Minnesota goes to Kerry:

Bush 246 vs. Kerry 216

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Colorado = 9 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Oregon = 7 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Alaska = 3 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Hawaii = 4 votes
Iowa = 7 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:47 AM
All i know is that I didnt vote fot that bastard Bush...and he is president for the next 4 year, those who voted for him better not complain about any outrageous decisions he makes because YOU voted him back in office.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:48 AM
y does ABC still have kerry at 196?

azmad_88
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:48 AM
kerry is still losing ohio..
this is dangerous..

azmad_88
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:50 AM
Take OHIO KERRy
please win OHIO and michigan
37 there!!

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:51 AM
Fox gave ohio to Bush and says he has 266 and is leading alaska by a large margin

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:51 AM
GO BUSH .... 17 % left for Ohio and Bush still leads by 4%

MisterQ
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:52 AM
Questions: is it possible to have a tie in the electoral vote, and if so, what's the procedure?

It doesn't look like it will happen here --- but in a 269-269 it would be decided by Congress. total nightmare scenario. The house would choose the president (it would be Bush), and the Senate would choose the VP. So a Bush/Edwards ticket would be possible... :scared:

azmad_88
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:52 AM
OHIO..come on...
please kerry take it

cheesestix
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:53 AM
Fox gave ohio to Bush and says he has 266 and is leading alaska by a large margin

But Alaska's only worth 3. But that would at least ensure a tie at 269.

Looks like Bush will take NM with 5 EVs.

azmad_88
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:53 AM
can u remember the score last election?

tennispro105
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:54 AM
it's 246 to 195!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CNN.com as of 1 am eastern time!!!!!

up for grabs:
ohio
michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Washington
Nevada
New Mexico
Hawaii
Alaska

cheesestix
It doesn't look like it will happen here --- but in a 269-269 it would be decided by Congress. total nightmare scenario. The house would choose the president (it would be Bush), and the Senate would choose the VP. So a Bush/Edwards ticket would be possible... :scared:

Ironically, that might be the best scenario. At least it would probably make both sides happy. Although I can't stand John Edwards.

~RedRose~

Fox gave Ohio to Bush? .... LOL why didn't they give him the other state everyone else is .... then they wud be the first to declaire him the new President LOL stupid FOX

faboozadoo15
i'd love it if it were true, but that;s pretty irresponsible of fox (i shouldn't be surprised.)
86% reporting, and a 100,000 vote lead
51%-49%

MisterQ
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:56 AM
darrinbaker, here's a link to an article about the electoral college tie scenario: :)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/27/campaign.tie.reut/

faboozadoo15
Fox gave Ohio to Bush? .... LOL why didn't they give him the other state everyone else is .... then they wud be the first to declaire him the new President LOL stupid FOX
i can't beliegve they gave ohio to bush and havent given kerry any of the states he's leading in...
:retard: fox news...

azmad_88
Currently IOWA
KERRY 651 869 50%
BUSH 650 897 50%
WOW
win this one kerry

tennispro105
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:57 AM
oh new hampshire too!

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:58 AM
Currently IOWA
KERRY 651 869 50%
BUSH 650 897 50%
WOW
win this one kerry

It wont really matter If Bush wins Ohio

tennispro105
if bush does pull off ohio it's gonna be a miracle for k to pull this off! bush is w/o a doubt gonna win nevada and every other state is 'fairly' close..

azmad_88
people in alaska just finished voting and only offers 3 electoral votes
but still kerry is fighting hard in OHIO
he just pulled one percent up
51-49 now
some say if he gets michigan and ohio plus all those minors..he can still win

whats the score last time
bush vs clinton?

tennispro105
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:59 AM
k first off it was bush vs gore!!

~RedRose~
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:00 AM
i'd love it if it were true, but that;s pretty irresponsible of fox (i shouldn't be surprised.)
86% reporting, and a 100,000 vote lead
51%-49%

They did it so they could be the first ones to claim it .... Fox News is terrible .... The guy is like "so we can all but give Bush Alaska which will give him .... umm .... ahhh .... how many votes?" (everyone else)-"THREE!!" "Oh three votes yes"

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:00 AM
But Alaska's only worth 3. But that would at least ensure a tie at 269.

Looks like Bush will take NM with 5 EVs.

yeah well a tie still assures bush winning

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:01 AM
Alaska goes to Bush...

Bush 249 vs. Kerry 216

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Alaska = 3 votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Colorado = 9 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Oregon = 7 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Hawaii = 4 votes
Iowa = 7 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

azmad_88
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:02 AM
bush is losing in
nevada
hawaii
iowa

tennispro105
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:03 AM
bush is no way losing nevada! get it out of your heads!

azmad_88
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:04 AM
bush is losing in
nevada
hawaii
iowa
michigan
new hampsire
wisconsin

Kerry is losing in
new mexico
ohio

ALASka..unknown

tennispro105
CNN has declared alaska for bush!

~RedRose~
bush is losing in
nevada
hawaii
iowa

What r u basing this on? :rolleyes:

bw2082
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:06 AM
NBC and FOX gave ohio to bush

Williams Rulez
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:08 AM
NBC and FOX gave ohio to bush:( bah...

martinafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:11 AM
Oh how i wish the rest of the world could have voted in this election ;) lol....

Go Kerry! ;)

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:17 AM
New Hampshire goes to Kerry....

Bush 249 vs. Kerry 220

Bush States:

Alabama = 9 Votes
Alaska = 3 votes
Arizona = 10 votes
Arkansas = 6 votes
Colorado = 9 votes
Florida = 27 votes
Georgia = 15 votes
Idaho = 4 votes
Indiana = 11 votes
Kansas = 6 votes
Kentucky = 8 votes
Lousiana = 9 votes
Mississippi = 6 votes
Missouri = 11 votes
Montana = 3 votes
Nebraska = 5 votes
North Dakota = 3 votes
Oklahoma = 7 votes
South Carolina = 8 votes
South Dakota = 3 votes
Tennessee = 11 votes
Texas = 34 votes
Utah = 5 votes
Virginia = 13 votes
West Virginia = 5 votes
Wyoming = 3 votes

Kerry States:

California = 55 votes
Connecticut = 7 votes
Delaware = 3 votes
Illinois = 21 votes
Maine = 4 votes
Maryland = 10 votes
Massachusetts = 12 votes
Minnesota = 10 votes
New Hampshire = 4 votes
New Jersey = 15 votes
New York = 31 votes
Oregon = 7 votes
Pennsylvania = 21 votes
Rhode Island = 4 votes
Vermont = 3 votes
Washington = 11 votes

Bush Leaning States:

Iowa = 7 votes
New Mexico = 5 votes
Ohio = 20 votes

Kerry Leaning States:

Hawaii = 4 votes
Michigan = 17 votes
Nevada = 5 votes
Wisconsin = 10 votes

martinafan
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:31 AM
Come on Kerry!!!!

Please win Ohio!

disposablehero
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:38 PM
A few quick thoughts.

#1: Bush ought to go,, and generally not for the reasons that get the most attention.

#2: An airtight race favours the incumbent. Nervous people tend to stick with the devil they know.

#3: Kerry lacks personal charisma. The most effective US Presidents have been personally charismatic. (Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton)

#4: My personal prediction: The winner of Ohio will become POTUS.
*cough* *cough*

IMO, the Democrat ticket was upside down. Edwards would probably have done better. Of course, the major problem was that Americans simply prefer the Republicans, and have for decades. Jimmy Carter won because of Watergate, and Bill Clinton won because he had great personal charisma AND was facing a guy who had put the US economy in the toilet.

ys
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:03 AM
*cough* *cough*

IMO, the Democrat ticket was upside down. Edwards would probably have done better. Of course, the major problem was that Americans simply prefer the Republicans, and have for decades. Jimmy Carter won because of Watergate, and Bill Clinton won because he had great personal charisma AND was facing a guy who had put the US economy in the toilet.

Last terms: Rep ---------- Dem

4 2 2
8 5 3
12 6 6

Honestly, I do not see any foundation for your claim about American preferences. Especially given that on paper in 2000 Americans did prefer a Democrat either..

disposablehero
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Last terms: Rep ---------- Dem

4 2 2
8 5 3
12 6 6

Honestly, I do not see any foundation for your claim about American preferences. Especially given that on paper in 2000 Americans did prefer a Democrat either..Nixon+Ford=8 years
Carter=4 years
Reagan=8 years
Bush Sr=4 years
Clinton=8 years
Bush Jr=8 years presumably

that's 28 years to 12 for the Republicans, and I personally think Bill Clinton's charisma is the only thing that kept it that close. Yes, the 2000 election could certainly be seen as a preference for Gore, but let's face it, Gore barely won the popular vote despite being clearly far more qualified. One has to wonder if Bill Clinton would have even made a 2nd term if the Republicans had a decent leader less than 1000 years old to run against him in 96. Used to be the Americans liked a Democratic Congress and Republican President. Now they just want Republicans all around. Fortunately, the Republicans don't yet have any clear candidate to replace Bush in 08. Obviously, it is not going to be Cheney. But if the Democrats want to get back in the game, they are going to need to move to the right, again.

Rollo
Nov 5th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Disposable Hero wrote:But if the Democrats want to get back in the game, they are going to need to move to the right, again.
That's spot on DH.

I disagree with you on oner point though-John McCain is the obvious Rep. candidate for 2008.

The really interesting question is: will the Democrats turn left (and choose Hilary Clinton or perhaps Howard Dean) or try and go more towards the center. The problem is centrist candidates like John Edwards or Joe Lieberman or Bill Graham of Florida don't seem to win the primaries. On the other hand 3 straight god-smackings from 1980 to 1988 finally convinced Democrats to get smart-go centrist- and go with Bill Clinton.

A centrist stands a chance of defeating McCain-Hilary does not.

Sam L
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Nixon+Ford=8 years
Carter=4 years
Reagan=8 years
Bush Sr=4 years
Clinton=8 years
Bush Jr=8 years presumably

that's 28 years to 12 for the Republicans, and I personally think Bill Clinton's charisma is the only thing that kept it that close. Yes, the 2000 election could certainly be seen as a preference for Gore, but let's face it, Gore barely won the popular vote despite being clearly far more qualified. One has to wonder if Bill Clinton would have even made a 2nd term if the Republicans had a decent leader less than 1000 years old to run against him in 96. Used to be the Americans liked a Democratic Congress and Republican President. Now they just want Republicans all around. Fortunately, the Republicans don't yet have any clear candidate to replace Bush in 08. Obviously, it is not going to be Cheney. But if the Democrats want to get back in the game, they are going to need to move to the right, again.
I think that Republican presidents are ok as long as there is a Democratic congress. The Democrats at least need to win that back. They can start gaining ground in 2 years.