PDA

View Full Version : Who are you voting for? Bush or Kerry?

apoet29
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:22 PM
Tomorrow is election day. Who are you voting for and why?

darrinbaker00
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:38 PM
I know I'll catch a lot of flak for this, but I'm voting for none of the above. My vote is too valuable to be wasted, and if I vote for either of those three gentlemen, that's exactly what I'll be doing. Allow me to explain:

1. I admit, albeit begrudgingly, that Bush impressed and inspired me right after 9/11. He seemed quite sincere about going after the people who attacked us and I was behind him 100 percent.....until he decided to go into Iraq. Osama bin Laden admitted he ordered the hit, and we attack Saddam Hussein? It appeared to me as if Bush saw an opportunity to finish his father's fight and quickly seized it. Meanwhile, bin Laden is still free. Also, truth be told, I still haven't gotten over the Florida thing. Granted, it would have been a moot point if Al Gore had won his home state of Tennessee, but still.....

2. While Bush inspired me for a brief period, John Kerry doesn't inspire me at all. I'm sorry, but "Vote for me because I'm not Bush" is not reason enough for me to vote for him. From a pure intellectual standpoint, he's the guy, but he doesn't exactly ooze confidence. Sometimes the right thing and the logical thing aren't one and the same, and it seems to me that Kerry will usually choose logic over conviction. Kerry is, in my opinion, more of a manager than a leader.

3. Ralph Nader is.....well, he's Ralph Nader. Let's just leave it at that.

There are two people who have all the qualities that I think a POTUS should have: Colin Powell, who won't run; and Barack Obama, who isn't quite ready yet. I will vote tomorrow, because there are several state and local issues that can't be ignored. If I vote for either of the three POTUS candidates, however, I feel I'll be giving in to the "lesser evil" theory, and I just can't do that with a clear conscience.