PDA

View Full Version : For you Bush Backing A$$holes

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:17 PM
Charlie Reese writes for the Orlando Sentinel. He's a Conservative Republican who is anti-abortion, anti-tax-and-spend, loudly critical of legislation by the judiciary, doesn't think much of ulticulturalism or secularism, has suggested Clinton "turned the Oval Office into a whorehouse," thinks Ronald Reagan is the greatest thing to come down the pike since canned beer, and voted for Bush in the last election. So, take a look at his article which follows.

Vote For A Man, Not A Puppet
Orlando Sentinel
Charlie Reese

Americans should realize that if they vote for President Bush's re-election, they are really voting for the architects of war - Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz and the rest of that cabal of neoconservative ideologues and their corporate backers. I have sadly come to the conclusion that President Bush is merely a front man, an empty suit, who is manipulated by the people in his administration. Bush has the most dangerously simplistic view of the world of any president in my memory.

It's no wonder the president avoids press conferences like the plague. Take away his cue cards and he can barely talk. Americans should be embarrassed that an Arab King (Abdullah of Jordan) spoke more fluently and articulately in English than our own President at their joint press conference recently.

John Kerry is at least an educated man, well-read, who knows how to think and who knows that the world is a great deal more complex than Bush's comic-book world of American heroes and foreign evildoers. It's unfortunate that in our poorly educated country, Kerry's very intelligence and refusal to adopt simplistic slogans might doom his presidential election efforts.

But Thomas Jefferson said it well, as he did so often, when he observed that people who expect to be ignorant and free expect what never was and never will be.

People who think of themselves as conservatives will really display their stupidity, as I did in the last election, by voting for Bush. Bush is as far from being a conservative as you can get. Well, he fooled me once, but he won't fool me twice.

It is not at all conservative to balloon government spending, to vastly increase the power of government, to show contempt for the Constitution and the rule of law, or to tell people that foreign outsourcing of American jobs is good for them, that giant fiscal and trade deficits don't matter, and that people should not know what their government is doing. Bush is the most prone-to-classify, the most secretive president in the 20th century. His administration leans dangerously toward the authoritarian.

It's no wonder that the Justice Department has convicted a few Arab-Americans of supporting terrorism. What would you do if you found yourself arrested and a federal prosecutor whispers in your ear that either you can plea-bargain this or the President will designate you an enemy combatant and you'll be held incommunicado for the duration ?

This election really is important, not only for domestic reasons, but because Bush's foreign policy has been a dangerous disaster. He's almost restarted the Cold War with Russia and the nuclear arms race. America is not only hated in the Middle East, but it has few friends anywhere in the world thanks to the arrogance and ineptness of the Bush administration.

Don't forget, a scientific poll of Europeans found us, Israel, North Korea and Iran as the greatest threats to world peace.

I will swallow a lot of petty policy differences with Kerry to get a man in the White House with brains enough not to blow up the world and us with it.

Go to Kerry's Web site (http://johnkerry.com (https://panthermail.uwm.edu/horde/util/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnkerry.com&Horde=0c275b85a1b6260382438cfa426c46f0) <http://ironstarmed.com/cgi-bin/goto.cgi?id=8456156 (https://panthermail.uwm.edu/horde/util/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fironstarmed.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fgoto.cgi%3Fid%3D8456156&Horde=0c275b85a1b6260382438cfa426c46f0)>) and read some of the magazine profiles on him. You'll find that there is a great deal more to Kerry than the GOP attack dogs would have you believe.

Besides, it would be fun to have a president who plays hockey, windsurfs, ride motorcycles, plays the guitar, writes poetry and speaks French. And . . it would be good to have a man in the White House who has killed people face to face. Killing people has a sobering effect on a man and dispels all illusions about war.

----------------------------------------------------------------

C 2004 by King Features Syndicate, Inc.

cheesestix
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:19 PM
The title of this thread exposes libs so perfectly. Full of hatred and generalizations. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:24 PM
The title of this thread exposes libs so perfectly. Full of hatred and generalizations. :rolleyes:
Exactly the response I expected from the likes of you: no response at all. Thanks for confirming what most people on this board think of your views. You completely ignore the article and focus on title, how diversionary of you!

You must take after the president in your ability to duck and weave the issue.

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:27 PM
Furthermore, what's even more hysterical is that your high and mighty statement about liberals does exactly what you accuse me of doing.

You my friend are an idiot. Try not to flip flop too much more or your party will lynch you.

cheesestix
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:30 PM
First of all, why am I going to respond to an article when you call me an "asshole"? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, I wasn't calling you an "asshole". All I was saying is that your title exposes the hatred that you liberals harbor. It's not name-calling or a generalization. It's the truth.

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:37 PM
First of all, why am I going to respond to an article when you call me an "asshole"? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, I wasn't calling you an "asshole". All I was saying is that your title exposes the hatred that you liberals harbor. It's not name-calling or a generalization. It's the truth.
Once again thanks for proving my point.

1) I called you an asshole not the author in the article. So basically you respond to me calilng you a slur not the issue at hand. Which is exactly what i expected.

2) I never said you called me an asshole. Clearly you fail to see that hypocrisy of your own making. You said...

The title of this thread exposes libs so perfectly. Full of hatred and generalizations.

can you not see that your statement above is just as full of hatred and generalizations as mine? And yet you try to attack me on that point. Either you are stupid or intentionally trying to be funny. I think its the former.

Then you further dig yourself into a hole by saying, "you liberals.." again! For the record I am conservative in some of my beliefs but I am very very anti-Bush which you my friend are not. I am not attacking conservatives, I'm attacking people like you.

griffin
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:39 PM

you did respond, you posted here.

Wouldn't the title expose Cybelle's "hatred"? Funny, I though you didn't believe in generalizing? (speaking of exposing...)

cheesestix
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:53 PM
Look around!

This board is 90% liberals. And every other thread is blindly labeling conservatives as "asshole" or "brainless" or "sheep" or "stupid"....

I'm not not generalizing. I'm observing.

Anyway, my post was a direct response to Cybelle's thread. His thread is not a response to anyone directly. It's a blanket statement calling all conservatives "assholes".

:rolleyes:

Labeling a group of people as "assholes" is hateful. But calling that person "hateful" is just as hateful? :lol:

griffin
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:02 PM
Look around!

This board is 90% liberals. And every other thread is blindly labeling conservatives as "asshole" or "brainless" or "sheep" or "stupid"....

I'm not not generalizing. I'm observing.

Anyway, my post was a direct response to Cybelle's thread. His thread is not a response to anyone directly. It's a blanket statement calling all conservatives "assholes".

:rolleyes:

Labeling a group of people as "assholes" is hateful. But calling that person "hateful" is just as hateful? :lol:

I didn't say Cybelle WASN'T generalizing (as an aside SHE was generalizing about Bush supporters, not conservatives) - I'm just pointing out that you do it all the time, too. You say you're "just observing" and reporting the results? Fine, I'm sure the folks who think all Bushies are assholes and nitwits would say the same thing.

Dr Bagel - do you really think the election will STOP these debates? Reduce them, maybe...

nash
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:47 PM
OK - my thoughts...

First, it is inappropriate and RUDE to resort to name calling on either side. Period.
In Kindergarten, I might expect this, but most of us should be waaaaaay past that by now.

Secondly, to the conservatives on this board: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE! Regardless of what anyone may say or do to you, if you are an American citizen, you have the right to vote for whoever you wish. If God is willing and I am alive tomorrow morning, I will be casting my vote for George W. Bush. The majority of this board vehemently disagrees with me on this, and I accept that fact. They have the right to vote for their candidate as well. But, do not let yourselves sink down to the level of slandering others and calling names. That does no one any good at any time.

griffin
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:53 PM
OK - my thoughts...

First, it is inappropriate and RUDE to resort to name calling on either side. Period.
In Kindergarten, I might expect this, but most of us should be waaaaaay past that by now.

Actually, I think most kindegarteners let go of/get over things a lot faster than most of us do :lol:

Agreed that we should all vote our conscience. But I'll go a step further and suggest that everyone take a step back, shovel through the name-calling and rhetoric of both campaigns, and then decide who reallly represents what you value.

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 1st, 2004, 07:36 PM
I think its better to shover the shit back when its repeated thrown your way. I'm tired of taking the high road when these backbiting gutter alley political neanderthals do nothing but attack attack attack. well i'm attacking back.

verbally and by deeds.

the number of new voters who registered and who will come out will put those tyrannical rubes back in their box.

Justeenium
Nov 1st, 2004, 07:55 PM
Don't forget, a scientific poll of Europeans found us, Israel, North Korea and Iran as the greatest threats to world peace.

I would like to thank cybelle for showing us this article to let americans know the stupidity of the europeans. Really, when has Israel done anything but defend itself?

shap_half
Nov 1st, 2004, 07:56 PM
I can't wait for George to be reelected tomorrow so people can move on to something else.

Bite your tongue, child. I am a permanent American resident so I can't vote yet. But I could, I would be voting for John Kerry. I am tired of seeing George Bush on my television screen using his religious innuendos to slam this country into the ground. The world has moved toward a more modern society and you have Bush who is more than willing to put us back into the abyss of social ignorance and misogyny.

nash
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:37 PM
I'm tired of taking the high road when these backbiting gutter alley political neanderthals do nothing but attack attack attack. well i'm attacking back.

verbally and by deeds.

Cybelle,

We all get tired of being attacked, but it's happening on all sides. Democrats get attacked for being immoral. Republicans get attacked for being greedy. Christians get attacked for being intolerant and stupid.

But, attacking back only feeds the fire. And with a fire this big, it doesn't need any more fuel.

Calling people names makes you appear childish. And we all know that is not true. You are an intelligent poster and have no need to post such comments. You can make your point in a much more constructive manner.

If you are a Kerry supporter, post why you support Kerry... But don't bash those who support Bush.

:wavey:

-Nash-

Crazy Canuck
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:13 PM
And here you just made your own generalization. Thus, you are no better than the people you criticize.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:14 PM
Cybelle,

We all get tired of being attacked, but it's happening on all sides. Democrats get attacked for being immoral. Republicans get attacked for being greedy. Christians get attacked for being intolerant and stupid.

But, attacking back only feeds the fire. And with a fire this big, it doesn't need any more fuel.

Calling people names makes you appear childish. And we all know that is not true. You are an intelligent poster and have no need to post such comments. You can make your point in a much more constructive manner.

If you are a Kerry supporter, post why you support Kerry... But don't bash those who support Bush.

-Nash-
Good point. It would be nice if both sides could do this instead of just throwing crap back and forth at each other.

LeonHart
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:29 PM
I'm voting for Bush. Most things that Kerry say are too unrealistic (free medicare, yeah right). Also he talks diplomacy like its so easy...well its not. And as the saying goes "Sometimes you have to fight for peace."

griffin
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:37 PM
He never said diplomacy was easy - just necessary. Something Mr. Bush doesn't get.

LeonHart
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM
He didnt say diplomacy was easy. But when he talks about it. For example he says he'll talk to North Korea without China...does he really think North Korea would listen to what he says alone? China is a big influence in Asia, especially when both countries are communist. Also about the war in Iraq...he says he'd get more "allies" to support our troops. Where does he plan to get those allies from?

Justeenium
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:41 PM
He never said diplomacy was easy - just necessary. Something Mr. Bush doesn't get.
right, we should have better relations with countries that vote to kill Israelis.

OK

griffin
Nov 1st, 2004, 10:10 PM
right, we should have better relations with countries that vote to kill Israelis.

OK

And today's "Out of left field" award goes to...

cheesestix
Nov 1st, 2004, 10:13 PM
Cybelle,

-Nash-

Who ever attacked Cybelle?

About 90% of the political threads (and posters) here are liberal. And I see a lot of threads blindly calling conservatives "stupid", "sheep", "asshole", etc. But I never see it the other way around.

I might post a few political articles, but I NEVER come here calling liberals names. I've only seen that from liberals....e.g. Cybelle's thread calling Bush supporters "assholes". I may respond when someone does that, but I NEVER come here out the blue and start threads like "Liberals are #$%*&!" or anything.

nash
Nov 1st, 2004, 10:41 PM
Patience, my friend, patience... I am very aware that most of the board members here are extremely liberal, but you will accomplish exactly NOTHING by getting into a meaningless argument with Cybelle (or anyone else).

It's great that you don't call anyone names. Now, see if you can work on your tone and do not respond to negative comments with negativity, but rather with patience and kindness. Explain your point, but don't get overly emotional about it.

shap_half
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:25 AM
And today's "Out of left field" award goes to...

lol ahhaha

Malin
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:04 AM
Getting desperate with these articles aren't we now??

I feel bad for a lot of you, tomorrow will be a devastating day for you

rand
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:09 AM
I'm voting for Bush. Most things that Kerry say are too unrealistic (free medicare, yeah right). Also he talks diplomacy like its so easy...well its not. And as the saying goes "Sometimes you have to fight for peace."
unrealistic? hmm; we have that :bounce:

Sam L
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:23 AM
You're an IDIOT. Face the facts.

The Crow
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:31 AM
Really, when has Israel done anything but defend itself?
lmfao. You probably believe this "good vs. evil" thing then?

And I'm not pro-Bush (at all), but when you start a thread with the title "For you Bush backing assholes" what do you expect to get as answers?

PhoenixStorm
Nov 2nd, 2004, 02:12 PM
Fact no.1 - Name callers are usually the ones who need to "face the facts."
Great go tell that to your c minus president George Bush who repeated calls kerry a flip flopper.:wavey:

kabuki
Nov 2nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
That's not "name calling", it's the truth.

Is "internally homophobic, self-hating, Canadian homo" name calling?

Halardfan
Nov 2nd, 2004, 02:50 PM
I think in a heated election with the whole future direction of America and the wider world at stake, and all manner of dirty tricks brought into play 4 years ago and now, its understandable that anti-Bush feeling is running high...heck, Im not American, but Im really fired up, angry and nervous about today's events...just wishing I had a vote in the thing!

Hoping desperately for a Kerry win...

kabuki
Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Is "Internally retarded, self-important, manichean American" name calling?

:lol:

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:57 PM
Its over. Kerry has lost and so has this country. I will sit back and watch as the Great Fool slides the majority of americans into poverty and ignorance.

Lord why am i even a democrat? Oh, I remember, I have a conscience.

faboozadoo15
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:34 PM
I'm tired of taking the high road
:haha:
remind me when this occured...

Frank Riley
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:25 AM
I was making a point at another site about how the 2004 election went and how the West Coast and upper Eastern Coast voted for Kerry and how the Heart Land of the USA voted for Bush. Truth is the USA is very divided. I actual made many responses basically saying that educated people that speak correct English voted for Kerry and that those with speach problems voted for Bush. This is my last response and I have brought it here so you may comment and we can get this all out in the open. I am sure many European people have a thought and response. If you did not like the last two years get ready for 4 more years just like it. I am from California a State that voted for Kerry all the way. This is your chance to let it all out so go for it!

Kerry is the better man and we all can see that. Kerry is a real war vet, Kerry has a much better education, Kerry has better ideas, Kerry won all the debates and to be honest Bush is screwing up the USA.

I have been across the USA many times and I have lived in many States, I know exactly what I am talking about. The South is the South and it is still full of slow talking ignorant white people that know nothing about Europe and they also hate blacks very much down there, racism is very strong in the South and it in no wonder they want to kill more Arabs in the South.

First word G.W. Bush said when he had won and gave a speach, he said Yall, that is both poor grammer and incorrect words that mean nothing, he should have said "thank you everyone for coming to day", instead he said, "thankYall for comin", he does not speak english, he is stupid and is the worst person we could have in office. But to be honest the poor english he used is how the mid west and south speaks.

My point exactly is that in general most of the educational power and ability is associated with States that voted for Kerry.

The best thing about all this is that now Bush can continue killing Arabs and when it is all done it will all be his fault. In fact it can only get worse at this point and it will. By the way for all the Arabs you better learn how to be democratic the Republican way and Baptist Christian very fast or Mr. Bush will kill you. That goes for all the people in the world.

One final note, the Germans elected Hitler because they thought he was a great man, how did Hitler turn out. Hitler wanted to correct the world as well, Hitler wanted everyone to be German and Christian. You tell me the difference here? Does Bush wish for all the world to be democratic, Christian, non-gay, Southern, Cowboy? You tell me how this well end?

Kerry is a better man and I hope Kerry runs again because after Bush has further fucked it all up I hope I can vote for Kerry again because I can not support Monkey Boy.