PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Martian Bagel - Why IS starting a zillion threads about Bush/the election bad?

Volcana
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:20 AM
Why starting 1 zillion thread about Bush and the election? If some people want to discuss so badly about this, why not posting in a politics messageboard? One topic = one thread or 2. It's ridiculous to start a thread each time you find an article about the issue.What I'm talking about is common sense and respect for other wtaworld members.Seriously. One of the nice things about the design of the board is that, by and large, you know what a thread is about without having to open it. And certainly, when someone posts as much as I do, you have a good general idea of what kinds of things people post. And I do, 99% of the time, use thread titles related to the actual content.

Now, I have no objection to my actions being described as 'ridiculous'. I did off-Braodway comedy for ten years. 'ridiculous' is a goal. But, you did say you were 'talking about is common sense and respect for other wtaworld members'.

'Common sense' tells me that anyone who finds my threads pathetic, ridiculous or boring will simply not click on the link to open them. Youknow who its from. Why not use 'common sense' and just skip it?

The issue that really prompted me to make an entire new thread was 'respect for other wtaworld members'. I don't feel I'm being disrespectful in any way. So naturally, I'd like to know in what way you think I AM being disrespectful. I don't make anyone read my threads. If no one replies, they vanish quickly enough. I see 30 threads on the first page. This one will be my fourth. I'm not bogarting all the space. I'm posting in non-tennis, which is where they belong.

But the big thing is, NO ONE HAS TO READ THEM. Certainly nobody has to answer. And if I violate the guidelines, my threads can be removed and I can be banned. Both have happened in the past.

NO disrespect intended :devil:, but all you have to do is skip any thread I create. I'm sure there are plenty of people who do, and they never have to put up with reading anything I write.

Where's this 'respect for other wtaworld members'? Serious and sober question.

alexusjonesfan
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:29 AM
:zzz:

:apumpkin:

Veegeta
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:31 AM
Needless to say that some of us appreciate you and others alike creating these threads although I haven't engaged in any discussion I look forward to reading what you've posted. Take it for what its worth.

Philbo
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:33 AM
You are clutching at straws Martian. Give it up. Go Volcana - post your heart out.

kiwifan
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:42 AM
Ego issues? :devil:

A lot of show business types become preachers when no one wants to hero worship them for their talent. They hide behind "their love of the lord" or whatever the masses consider worthy of respect to force people to pay attention to them; instead of ignoring them/dismissing them as has beens.

Stephen Baldwin is the latest celeb example of this silliness. :wavey:

Way back in thread 3 out of 35,792 anti-Bush/Americans/pro-Osama/Euro suck up/"look at me I found a new article that says the same shit as the last article" threads Volcana started, I noted the similarities...

...well 35,789 mostly unread and annoying threads later we can only pray that Tuesday will save us from more bullshit...

...but I doubt it because its not about politics (then it would have been one long thread), its about Volcana...

Cheers - :cool:

Veegeta
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:43 AM
I've noticed an increase in political threads during this season maybe these thread will disperse after the elections. One question does his or her threads hurt you that bad? If so my suggestion is to skip them I think the majority knows what to semi expected when it comes to certain posters not to mention that the title is right there in front of you.

Veegeta
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:56 AM
It doesn't. Really. It's Volcana who is making a big deal out of my comments and started analysing what I said.

I do think what he's doing is annoying, but like I said, there are more important things going on in life, I fail to see why Volcana would start a thread over this.

He or she stated the point or response at the top. BTW I'm not trying to be a representative I've been here for a short time and maybe itís just me but his threads are just as normal or idiotic as other posters so why complain?

Veegeta
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:02 AM
You know I just expressed what I felt about his threads and I moved on. It's not important to the point that I will start asking myself "why did I complain?".

That statement was rhetorical hell everything I say is rhetorical...I guess I'm just expressing what I feel also.

Volcana
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:04 AM
I fail to see why Volcana would start a thread over this.I really wanted to know what you meant by 'respect for other wtaworld members'. I actually take things like that seriously. However, I can see we're actually basically in agreement.I do think it's a lack of respect to spam the board with different threads about the same topic of discussion.obviously, we're not talking about wtaworldForgive my taking you out of context, but, in a way you hit the point exactly. This isn't a board where I'd be expected to condense all criticism of the Bush administration into one thread. Or all my ranking analysis into one thread. Or all the ways Venus Williams is the most wonderful player ever into one thread. (As if that were possible.)

If I had agreed with your assessment that my behaviour was disrespectful, I'd change it. However, it seems to me you're saying that ON OTHER boards it would be disrespectful, but wtaworld doesn't operate that way. I agree. Wtaworld doesn't operate that way. However, this is an issue where we can agree to agree. Or agree to disagree, depending on how you look at it.