PDA

View Full Version : A complete list of all the things wrong with gay marriage

Volcana
Nov 1st, 2004, 01:40 AM

There. That's every single thing.
Whew! Do you have any idea how LONG that took?

Volcana
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:18 AM
:devil:

SWVWlover
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:21 AM
go find a religion, Volcana.

Philbo
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:33 AM
Volcana has a religion - one of tolerance and understanding, not fear and ignorance!

harloo
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:35 AM
Whew! Do you have any idea how LONG that took?

2 seconds;)

PointBlank
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:40 AM
:clap2:

Nothing wrong. Your correct.

Justeenium
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:51 AM
i'm conservative and for gay marriage.

but anyways, I'll start. if its legalized, the christian right will whine a lot.

Volcana
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:58 AM
once again get off ur ass and go campaign in the streets if you feel so strongly about the issue.I honestly feel I'm much more annoying here.if its legalized, the christian right will whine a lot.Dang. How'd I miss that one?:)

Pureracket
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:43 AM
Volcana,
It seems like you have a little fan club. You can't post in a thread without certain posters following you. . . .lol.

kabuki
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:44 AM
Maybe your just stupid :shrug:

Maybe you're just stupid. :lol:

Philbo
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:47 AM
Maybe your just stupid :shrug:
What are your views on gay marriage Ayla?

(watch the homophobic SL_T dodge the question here..)

Just repeat what you PM'd me with!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philbo
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:55 AM
Gay guys just wanna be able to get married so they can have an excuse to get prance and dance around in a white frock :lol:
your point being???????????

Elvira
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:56 AM
I like the idea of two men together :kiss: :kiss:

Volcana
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:02 AM
Volcana,
It seems like you have a little fan club. You can't post in a thread without certain posters following you. . . .lol.Somebody has to keep moving my threads to the first page. Even better, I don't have to pay them.:)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:02 AM
i'm conservative and for gay marriage.

but anyways, I'll start. if its legalized, the christian right will whine a lot.
They'll whine a lot anyways :)

CCCP1
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:34 AM
I didnt know 80 percent of the board is gay , I am not

jelena4me
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:54 AM
What scares me is the silly religions that are still preaching homophobia.

In the UK, a gay guy was murdered this weekend, apparently the random victim of some bigits who just wanted to hurt a gay and hung around near a big gay club and attacked a series of people.

Modern day Christianity has a lot to answer for in this regard, why cant they preach love for everyone?

GoDominique
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:07 AM
Four more years of these pathetic BS threads if Bush wins tomorrow. :scared:

Another reason to hope that Kerry wins. :)

bionic71
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:42 AM
Respect has to be earnt Ayla....
Anybody that denounces another, based on misinforamtion about their sexual identity/orientation is essentially a bigot in a transparent disguise....regardless of the religious justifications that are made for such pitiful behaviour.
You make the mistake of subsribing to the tired notion that an individuals sexual identity can be seperated from the actual person....a mistake that the Christian faith and those that choose to believe have long used as a weapon of condemnation.
Just because this notion has existed for (quote) "hundreds of years" as you put it...doesn't mean that it is correct or should not be opposed.

jelena4me
Nov 1st, 2004, 10:01 AM
Christianity, or much of it, is clearly against gay people. If you believe that Christianity is right in this then fine, but I believe that Christianity is a totally misguided institution and even within itself there is an enormous variety of views on the subject.

I think we can partially blame the church for fostering homophobia because their blatant insistence that some part of Leviticus is somehow still relevant is prelonging outdated, bigoted and fascist attitudes.

bionic71
Nov 1st, 2004, 10:06 AM
I never said I agree with these notions. I am fully aware of everything you have just said.

I was just pointing of the Christian views faith, thats all, that is what they believe. I only said that because the person above me or wateva I quoted was misinformed and believed that Christianity was against homosexual people.
Varied interpretations of the Bible and the "hogwash" that continually spews forth from the Vatican is essentially stepped in misinfomation, misinterpretation which manifests in fear and hatred.
Until marriage between same sex individuals is legalized and normalized, hatred (such as that described by the poster above) will continue....because many people believe thay gay people are second rate citizens.
The ability to marry is a decision that non-gay people simply take for granted...a decision that gay people are excluded from making because of ludicrously incorrect notions surrounding their sexuality.

bionic71
Nov 1st, 2004, 10:51 AM
You can say it is hogwash but the bible clearly states that you look down on the sin and not the person who commits it.

You cannot blame homophobia on one religion especially when most religions are against it and especially when alot of these attacks are out of disgust rather than religious beliefs.
As I mentioned above...the "disgust" you refer to has its origins in misinformation...this misinformation breeds hatred and violence and provides misguided justifications for such abhorent behaviour.

For symbolic reasons, gay marriage must be legalised in more countries, as it is in Spain and Holland for example.... this sends a message that gay people are not the second rate citizens that many consider them to be.

TimBo
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:46 PM
I think its going to take much more than an election to sway the public. Im for Kerry and will vote for him, but im afraid that even if he does get elected, nothing will change for homosexuals. I personally, dont want to get married, but it would be nice to have the choice.

alfajeffster
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:54 PM
Kerry- isn't that one of those androgynous names like Pat, or Chris, or Lee?

griffin
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:57 PM
I think its going to take much more than an election to sway the public. Im for Kerry and will vote for him, but im afraid that even if he does get elected, nothing will change for homosexuals. I personally, dont want to get married, but it would be nice to have the choice.

I kinda agree - but look at it this way: its less how pro-gay Kerry is than how antigay GWB is, or at least how antigay the people who set social policy for his administration are.

Getting Bush out would in and of itself be a positive change, even if Kerry doesn't lift a finger to advance lgbt rights.

Helen Lawson
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:59 PM
Kerry- isn't that one of those androgynous names like Pat, or Chris, or Lee?
All I can say is Jess Barker was 100% studly man's man. No sissies for me! And it goes without saying that someone named Floyd is a man.

Andrew.
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:04 PM
Though I'm a pro-Kerry ranting liberal, I doubt he's going to do anything about the gay rights issues. But I don't think he will be trying to push a constitution amendment to stop gay marriage.

kabuki
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:07 PM
It's not about Kerry or Bush. It's about the Supreme Court in the US.

alfajeffster
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:15 PM
Really? And here all this time I was thinking it was all about the Federal Reserve Bank.

Volcana
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:20 PM
:rolleyes: another pathetic thread .....

reasons for this thread to be made:And yet here we are on the second page. In no small way thanks to you.:)

kabuki
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:22 PM
Really? And here all this time I was thinking it was all about the Federal Reserve Bank.

ha ha.