PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference..........

Helas
Oct 31st, 2004, 07:39 PM
between R Kelly and Michael Jackson.
I mean both are massive music stars and both have been accused of abusing children yet R Kelly continues to have no 1 singles and appear in videos with other rappers whereas Michael Jackson has been completely isolated and ignored,
What gives?:confused:

kiwifan
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:06 PM
Well Michael has made about 30 better songs than anything R. Kelly will ever do but beyond that...

Seriously Michael has done the whole acting weird and plastic surgery thing while R. Kelly hold's himself out as a "freaky" sex god type.

Assuming both are guilty of what they've been accused of...

On some level the sexless child molester who acts like a friend to all kids (then gets them drunk and molests them) is a creepier persona than the guy who'll fuck any chick that will let him (and just doesn't care if they're under 18).

I don't even like R. Kelly and I am a fan of pre-Bad Michael Jackson but I can see why Michael is considered worse.

In the worst case scenario Michael is an actual rapist while R. Kelly is a statutory rapist. Both are criminals and belong in jail if the charges are true but R. Kelly's victims are willing. :shrug:

Helas
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:15 PM
Well Michael has made about 30 better songs than anything R. Kelly will ever do but beyond that...

Seriously Michael has done the whole acting weird and plastic surgery thing while R. Kelly hold's himself out as a "freaky" sex god type.

Assuming both are guilty of what they've been accused of...

On some level the sexless child molester who acts like a friend to all kids (then gets them drunk and molests them) is a creepier persona than the guy who'll fuck any chick that will let him (and just doesn't care if they're under 18).

I don't even like R. Kelly and I am a fan of pre-Bad Michael Jackson but I can see why Michael is considered worse.

In the worst case scenario Michael is an actual rapist while R. Kelly is a statutory rapist. Both are criminals and belong in jail if the charges are true but R. Kelly's victims are willing. :shrug:
Good points but I still don't understand how R Kelly still remains so popular

kiwifan
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:18 PM
Good points but I still don't understand how R Kelly still remains so popular:lol: :lol: :lol: With or without charges, I don't understand how R Kelly remains popular. :lol: :lol: :tape:

Sally Struthers
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:20 PM
Michael's been in a slump careerwise since the early/mid 90s so it's no wonder that he's not popular now with all these molestation allegations going on. Maybe there's also more of a stigma about him molesting little boys than with someone having consentual sex with some random underaged girl.

martirogi
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:21 PM
Jacko is fucking insane, R.Kelly is hot

toreador
Oct 31st, 2004, 09:19 PM
R. Kelly hold's himself out as a "freaky" sex god type.

:scared:

:lol: :lol: :lol: With or without charges, I don't understand how R Kelly remains popular. :lol: :lol: :tape:

:lol: :yeah:

Helas
Oct 31st, 2004, 09:45 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: With or without charges, I don't understand how R Kelly remains popular. :lol: :lol: :tape:
:lol: :lol:

kabuki
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:57 PM
R Kelly has not tried to become Elizabeth Taylor circa 1960.

Becool
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:38 AM
R.Kelly doesn't reach Michael's toes in terms of popularity... :rolleyes: