PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup

ZAK
Oct 31st, 2004, 01:41 AM
Its in a few weeks. Hopefully Tati/Dechy will play doubles

martirogi
Oct 31st, 2004, 04:56 PM
does tati hav a chance to play no.2 singles or no, i cant really think right now, but it seems shes the second french

ZAK
Oct 31st, 2004, 05:18 PM
I think Dechy will probably be no. 2 singles

HTE
Oct 31st, 2004, 05:59 PM
Well depending on form I think that any of the remaining French players could be chosen to play the second single. Tati also has a really god chance to play the double, would be really nice if she could move into the final with the French Team :)

martirogi
Nov 1st, 2004, 01:25 AM
hopefully training with amelie and the fed cup will do as much good for tati next year as it did next year

ZAK
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Official Team Nominations for Fed Cup Semifinals and FinalThe official team nominations for the 2004 Fed Cup Semifinals and Final, to be played at the Krylatskoe Ice Stadium, Moscow, from 24-28 November, are now in.

This year, defending champion France meets Spain in the first semifinal with Russia facing Austria in the second. Both semifinals are best-of-five rubbers and will be played on 24-25 November.

France
Amelie Mauresmo
Nathalie Dechy
Tatiana Golovin:hearts:
Mary Pierce
Captain Captain: Mr Guy Forget

Spain
Anabel Medina Garrigues
Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo
Virginia Ruano Pascual
Marta Marrero
Captain Captain: Mr Miguel Margets

Russia
Anastasia Myskina
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Vera Zvonareva
Elena Likhovtseva
Captain: Mr Shamil Tarpischev

Austria
Sybille Bammer
Yvonne Meusburger
Patricia Wartusch
Daniela Kix
Captain: Mr Alfred Tesar

The semifinal schedule is as follows:

Wednesday 24 November
11:00 (GMT 08:00): France v Spain - 2 singles
n/b 17:00 (GMR 14:00): Russia v Austria - 2 singles

Thursday 25 November
10:00 (GMT 07:00): France v Spain - 2 singles, 1 doubles
n/b 17:00 (GMT 14:00): Russia v Austria - 2 singles, 1 doubles

The winning semifinal nations will meet in the Final to be played on 27-28 November.

Under Fed Cup regulations a nation may change up to two nominations until one hour before the draw, which will be held on Tuesday 23 November. Nations that qualify for the Final must nominate their team on Friday 26 November. The players nominated may be different from those nominated for the semifinal.

yukon145
Nov 16th, 2004, 01:39 AM
good luck at FED Cup Tati!

beauty_is_pink
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:06 AM
im so excited for Tati!
allez Tati and France! :worship:

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 16th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Tati will be france's #2 player now that Momo has retired(:( ) :D so I'll get to watch her play both of her matches on TV since she plays against Spain :hearts:

améliemomo
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:17 PM
not sure guy foret the french coach said that he will choose the n°2 after seing them in several training match together

if tatiana seems well on her training week, now they train on the roland garros courts :cool: , she will certainly the n°2, he depends of her.

BUT i THINK SHE COULD PLAY but nataly dechy is on the french team since a long time now, perhaps guy forget would give her a chance.

WE LL SEE. :wavey:

Tylane
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:32 PM
from yahoo sport: in french...

MOSCOU, 22 nov - La Française Tatiana Golovin est partie à la découverte d'un nouveau pays, celui où elle est née en 1986, pour disputer la phase finale de la Fed Cup qui a lieu de mercredi à dimanche à Moscou, sa ville natale.

"Ca fait seize ans que je n'y suis pas retournée. C'est pour moi un nouveau pays", déclare le grand espoir du tennis français qui fêtera ses 17 ans le 25 janvier".

Venue en France avec son père, entraîneur de hockey sur glace, à l'âge de six mois, Tatiana n'a pas gardé d'attache particulière en Russie. En tout cas, la perspective d'une première participation à un match de simple en Fed Cup lui procure plus d'émotion que ce retour aux sources.

"C'est un peu ironique de penser que ma première participation à la Fed Cup pourrait avoir lieu à Moscou, mais je n'y pense pas trop. Je n'ai jamais été vraiment attirée par l'idée de retourner avant, donc j'y vais vraiment pour la Coupe", explique Golovin, qui s'appellerait d'ailleurs Golovina si elle était russe.

Golovin a profité de la présence de nombreuses joueuses russes sur le circuit pour perfectionner sa connaissance de la langue de ses ancêtres, qu'elle avoue parler "avec un accent". "Les joueuses russes se moquent toujours un peu de moi, car je ne parle pas assez bien à leur goût, plaisante Tatiana. Mais elles sont très sympas".

ZAK
Nov 23rd, 2004, 11:27 PM
Tati is in the #2 singles position against Spain!

rseto
Nov 24th, 2004, 08:51 AM
:yeah: tati over medina garrigues 6-3, 6-3

but with 8 double faults!

Harju.
Nov 24th, 2004, 01:28 PM
:worship: Allez Tati. :yeah:

Harju.
Nov 24th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Nat def. MSL 6-2 6-4.

the cat
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I have a feeling Tatiana will play very well in the Fed Cup semifinals and finals. :) She is well rested and could lead a French upset of a tired Russian team in the final.

saki
Nov 24th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I agree with the cat. Tati seems to be in good form and the French team have the possibility of Pierce for the final or, if Dechy doesn't win her first match, of substituting Loit whose game is quite unusual and might get them a suprise singles win.

beauty_is_pink
Nov 24th, 2004, 07:27 PM
congrats Tati, Nathalie and the French team! :D
allez!!!

the cat
Nov 25th, 2004, 12:30 AM
There is a Tennis Reporters article about Tatiana returning to her birthplace of Moscow, Russia and making her Fed Cup debut. But the article can't be posted so I'll post a couple of quotes from Tati. Tatiana says about returining to Moscow for the first time since she was a baby "This is the first time - I left at eight months - that I have come back. We haven't had much time to visit anything, but it just feels good to be back where you were born. But I don't really think about it because to me, it's just another country. I'm really focusing on Fed Cup more than anything". And about her Fed Cup debut she said "I was excited most of all. I'm really happy to be here and really happy to bring the first point to France. Obviously, I was a little nervous at the beginning because it is a diffferent atmosphere for me. But with Guy here, all the supporters out there and the staff, it was just really exciting to be out there".

Tatiana also said in the article "Winning grand slams...to me that's really important. And also represent your country is very important.

Tatiana's mother Lioudmilla was supposed to be in Moscow with her but one of Tatiana's older sisters who just had a baby. Tatiana's father is due to arrive in Moscow later in the week.

Good luck to Tatiana and congrats to her on becoming an aunt. :)

Princess Sarah.
Nov 25th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Yay Go Tati and congrats!!!

Harju.
Nov 25th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the short summary of the article :yeah:.

Harju.
Nov 25th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Tati won against Marrero. Watched the first set, and she's really playing pretty well. She's definately a thinking player, and her backhand is I suppose one of her weapon, and she had a combination of shots. I was truly impressed. :yeah:

ZAK
Nov 25th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Keep it up France!!!

HTE
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Well done Tati, two victories and a great result for France :)

yukon145
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:53 PM
great wins Tati! good luck against Russia in the finals!

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:34 PM
You're welcome Felix. Udachi Tatiana! :bounce:

beauty_is_pink
Nov 26th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Tati vs. Nastya.. thats gonna be interesting!
allez Tati! :D

Harju.
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Good luck Tati against Nastya. :worship: Allez!!

Lemonskin.
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Go Tati!!!

Beat that Nasty Russian into the ground!!! :worship:

"Aussie Tati" :angel:

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Myskina d. Golovin 6-4 7-6(5) to even the Fed Cup final 1-1. That was a tough loss for Tatiana. But I think playing pressure filled matches like these are important to her developement into a potential top 10 player.

Dan23
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Agreed Cat ;)
It was a great effort from Tati in a big match :D
There were a few missed chances but it was never easy for Nasty..
Well done Tati :hatoff:

HTE
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:12 PM
yep! Well done Tati :)

améliemomo
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:24 PM
the myskina experience on the tour won.She know exactly what to do to play the very imprtant points of the match.

But great start from tati, she made then many faults but she need that kind of match to progress and improve.

Allez tati!! :)

ZAK
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Tati had sooo many chances in this match! She was up 3-0 in the first set, she had a setpoint in the second set, and she led 4-1 in the tiebreak.

Tati will have to get her nerves in order for tommorrow. Her match against Kuznetsova will be crucial.

saki
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Do we know for certain that Forget won't have Loit play instead of Golovin since she lost today? I think it's unlikely, but was just wondering..

ZAK
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Do we know for certain that Forget won't have Loit play instead of Golovin since she lost today? I think it's unlikely, but was just wondering..
Not gonna happen because 1) They need to save Loit for doubles and 2) Loit been in an awful slump recently

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Tati deserves an :clap2: after her match against Nasty! Sure she wasted way too many chances but it's the first time I saw her playing with so much determination, so aggressive and playing well at the net... :worship: She just lacks experience at the moment, also don't forget that it's her first year on tour and she's already playing the FED CUP final, so she's gaining experience after each match...

Viva la Tati! :drool: beat Monstertzova 2morrow! :D :kiss:

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1563_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1561_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1562_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1550_gallery.JPG

Anastasia Myskina drew the hosts level at the end of the first day's play in the Fed Cup Final, defeating Tatiana Golovin 64 76(5) in a match that very nearly went to a third set.

Golovin took a 3-0 lead in the first set before her more experienced opponent got ahead. In the second set, the French girl recovered from a break down and Myskina had to save four set points serving at 5-6 before the subsequent tiebreak, in which the Roland Garros champion came back from 1-4 down to take the match on her first match point.

“I was a bit nervous because I hadn’t played Tatiana before, I didn’t know what her weaknesses and strong points were,” Myskina said, and it showed. At times the world No. 3 let out her frustration at her own mistakes, which forced her to work harder for the victory. However her greater maturity and experience in big matches eventually saw her through.

With the crowd, and probably Myskina, still reeling from their team’s loss in the opening match, Golovin made the first break of the match but the Russian rallied, breaking in the fifth and seventh games. Golovin had four points to draw level in the deciding game of the first set, but Myskina dug deep to win it.

In the second set, Myskina took a 4-2 lead, but the Moscow-born Golovin made the most of her opponent’s errors to break back for 4-4. As Kuznetsova had in the previous match, Myskina threw her racket on the ground in anger.

Golovin won her next service game to love after a catalogue of errors from Myskina, and the Russian missed chances to break in the game after that. Serving at 5-6, Myskina slipped to 0-40 but clawed back to deuce, and then saved another break point with a stunning cross-court volley that clipped the line.

When Golovin rushed to 4-1 up in the tiebreak, the match looked to be going the way of the opening singles, in which Dechy had come back from a set behind. But this time Myskina was too strong, winning six of the next seven points and clinching victory when Golovin sent down a long return.

“I agree she played good tennis today, but you have to show consistency and not play great tennis just one day a year,” said Myskina when asked about her young opponent and the fighting qualities that have catapulted her into the world’s top 30 in 2004. She couldn’t resist adding, “By the way, she was also born in Russia.” :rolleyes: :yawn:

Looking ahead to Kuznetsova’s match with Golovin in the second singles on Sunday, Myskina said, “I would just advise for Svetlana to keep fighting. It will be tough for a 16-year-old like Tatiana, I don’t think she has the character for it yet.”

“Despite her defeat, Svetlana played great tennis and I think tomorrow everything will be fine for her.”

A 1-1 scoreline may not be what the Russians had expected, but the hosts are publicly keeping their cool. Had they perhaps expected two easy wins on the first day? “The fact that they [the French] were not favourites had nothing to do with the fact that they played well and with more confidence,” said Russian captain Shamil Tarpischev.

With Kuznetsova badly shaken from her loss to Dechy, Tarpischev thinks, “She will either play a really great match tomorrow or really badly.”

Sunday’s matches are now crucial as France bids to win its second successive Fed Cup title and Russia battles to lift the trophy for the first time. Play gets underway at 13:00 local time, with two reverse singles matches and the doubles match on the schedule. Player nominations can still be changed ahead of the matches .

améliemomo
Nov 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM
the russians thought that they will win 5-0 :rolleyes:

Nat made a really good job and she deserved to win, no matter what kusnetsova would say.She was beaten. :o

Lets see tomorrow with tati and nat!!

allez les filles!!!! :bounce: :wavey:

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Myskina's comments about Tatiana deserve a :rolleyes:.

rseto
Nov 27th, 2004, 09:48 PM
tati needs to find a way to be more consistent. there always seem to be parts of a match where she loses multiple games in a row and falls behind or lets someone catch up.

and i used to be a fan of myskina until she became so outspoken on race and ethnic issues! and it's questionable whether nastya even had one good day in all of 2004 either. :lol:

yukon145
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:53 PM
c'mon Tati, good luck tomorrow. i really want her to beat kusnetsova, she's gotten so damn cocky after winning the US Open. BTW why does Marion always look so pissed off? try smiling for once.

Harju.
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Great fight from Tati nevertheless. Agree with Luci, she just needs the experience.

beauty_is_pink
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:37 AM
you fought well Tati, dont be discourage at all!
allez team France! :worship:

Dan23
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Yes vamos Tati and France :D :rocker2:
Good luck against Kuzzie :yeah:

nouf
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:25 PM
merci tati!

tu nous a redonner espoir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bravo! tu dechires!

Dan23
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Tati beat Kuznetsova 6-4 6-1 :clap2: :clap2:
Great win under pressure to keep France alive...:D

Dan23
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Tati's Stats :D

Golovin def Kuznetsova 6-4 6-1
1st serve 62%
Aces 0
Pts on 1st serve 32 of 45 (71%)
2nd serve 82%
2nd serve aces 0
Pts on 2nd serve 11 of 28 (39%)
Recieving pts won 33 of 62 (53%)
DF's 6
Break pt conversions 5 of 13
Total pts 76

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:47 PM
great way to finish the season Tati!!! her best win this season! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bowdown:

rseto
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:05 PM
congrats on a big win and a big team point tati! looked like a great finish on the 1st set too!

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Golovin Levels and Doubles Will DecideIce queen Tatiana Golovin pulled off a thrilling upset against Svetlana Kuznetsova to keep France in the Fed Cup Final against Russia. After her 64 61 victory, the nations are tied at 2-2 and everything now hangs on the doubles.

Moscow-born Golovin kept her cool to hand the US Open champion her second defeat of the weekend, following yesterday's loss to Nathalie Dechy. Just like on Saturday, Kuznetsova made too many errors, while her opponent kept calm under pressure to secure the straight-sets triumph in one hour 19 minutes.

"It definitely feel really good," said a delighted Golovin. "It was a good match and it proves I can beat the best players. It gives me a lot of confidence to work and also for next year."

The 2004 Fed Cup champion nation will now be decided in the doubles. Russia has changed its original line-up, taking out Elena Likhovtseva and replacing her with Anastasia Myskina, winner of both her singles matches. The Russian No. 1 will team with Vera Zvonareva against France's Marion Bartoli and Emilie Loit, whose pairing is unchanged.

Kuznetsova, the world No. 5, started well in the fourth singles match, pressurising her 16-year-old opponent on her service games, but it was Golovin who broke first to take a 4-2 lead. Kuznetsova broke straight back, and had two break points with Golovin serving at 4-4, but the French girl served her way out of trouble, and a game later she jumped on two bad errors from the Russian to sneak the set at her first opportunity.

"I was watching Kuznetsova's match very carefully yesterday when she played Nathalie so I knew how she played," Golovin later explained.

That proved to have been a good strategy, as the US Open champion's game was as erratic as it had been on Saturday, her go-for-broke style too often yielding mistakes rather than brilliant winners. Nonetheless Golovin played with maturity beyond her years, looking like a veteran of this kind of pressure rather than the Fed Cup debutante (in singles) that she is.

Golovin survived a fierce challenge from Kuznetsova in the opening game of the second set, successfully blocking out the urgings of the 5,000-strong mainly Russian crowd to hold her serve and then break a game later. She refused to be phased when she dropped her own serve in the third game, making the most of one of Kuznetsova’s many errors to break again and take a 3-1 lead.

During the match Kuznetsova made 46 unforced errors compared to 14 winners, while No. 27-ranked Golovin made only 19 unforced errors, and hit 11 winners.

Kuznetsova became more and more disheartened at her lack of success, and was surely haunted by her loss on Saturday and the weight of expectation all around her in the Krylatskoe Ice Stadium. Another error, this time a wide backhand, handed ice-cool Golovin a double break and she served out for a famous victory.

A devastated Kuznetsova said, "I couldn't make right my unforced errors and the positive things from yesterday had gone. I didn't serve well and I didn't play the right tennis tactically." She added, "I should be showing a different kind of tennis, I should be demanding the terms. I need to play more consistently indoors; outdoors it is fine but indoors I must do more."

But there was no denying Golovin's oustanding performance. "In a match like that a few points can change everything. She really surpassed herself and she played beyond her capabilities," said Kuznetsova. :worship:

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1589_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1584_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1588_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1583_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1585_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1582_gallery.JPG

yukon145
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:56 PM
great win for Tati! i'm so proud of her for pulling out such a great win under so much pressure! use this as a stepping stone for 2005, work hard in the off season and good luck in '05!

ZAK
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:07 PM
:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap: Great win Tati!!! :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

HTE
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:21 PM
A seriously awesome win for Tati. Too bad that she wasn't put into the doubles, I really think she could have made a difference.
Nice performance in any case - well done Tati :yeah:

the cat
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Well done Tatiana. :) France has found it's #2 player for the future. But it's too bad she wasn't allowed to play in the Olympics.

manu32
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:26 PM
i think that if tatiana or dechy or pierce did play double france should win the fed cup????

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Tatiana was in tears during the awards ceremony :sad: :sad: pics on getty images

btw Tatiana and Svetlana were the players who had the fastest serve with 181 km/h both :cool:

beauty_is_pink
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:24 PM
even tho France lost, im soooooooooo proud of Tati, she got real far and her win against Sveta is an A+++!!! :worship:

very close in all, better luck next year! :kiss:

the cat
Nov 28th, 2004, 08:40 PM
How about Kuznetsova saying Tati played over her head to beat her? :rolleyes: The Russian girls and their snippy comments are starting to get on my nerves. :(

I expect Golovin to win a couple of WTA titles next year. :) And playing these Fed Cup matches with great pressure on her will help her in the experience department.

andrewbroad
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:37 PM
I couldn't be happier with the way the Fed Cup final went today, with Tatiana Golovin and Vera Zvonareva - the top two candidates to be next to earn my fanship - both victorious! :D :D

Tatiana, to my delight, scored the best victory of her young career to beat US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-4 6-1, which she needed to do to keep France in the final.
:banana:
And Tatiana's victory was also beautiful from Vera's perspective, as it set up for her the honour of winning the deciding doubles rubber (with Anastasia Myskina), and it was Vera who had the honour of successfully serving for the match, the tie and the Cup!

FRANCE 2:3 RUSSIA

Saturday:
* Nathalie Dechy d. Svetlana Kuznetsova, 3-6 7-6(4) 8-6
* Tatiana Golovin lt. Anastasia Myskina, 4-6 6-7(5)

Sunday:
* Nathalie Dechy lt. Anastasia Myskina, 3-6 4-6
* Tatiana Golovin d. Svetlana Kuznetsova, 6-4 6-1
* Marion Bartoli/Emilie Loit lt. Vera Zvonareva/Myskina, 6-7(5) 5-7

I'm very happy for both Tatiana and Vera, and I'm pleased that Russia won the Fed Cup - a fitting end to a revolutionary year for Russian tennis.

Fed Cup website (includes photos and audio interviews):
http://www.fedcup.com/

More photos:
http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news/?c=news_photos&p=golovin

What I wrote about Tatiana after the semi-finals [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/]:
FRANCE 5:0 SPAIN

Wednesday:
* Tatiana Golovin d. Anabel Medina Garrigues, 6-3 6-3
* Nathalie Dechy d. María Sánchez Lorenzo, 6-2 6-4

Thursday:
* Nathalie Dechy d. Anabel Medina Garrigues, 6-3 6-1
* Tatiana Golovin d. Marta Marrero, 6-3 6-4
* Marion Bartoli/Emilie Loit d. Marrero/Virginia Ruano Pascual, 7-5 6-2

Tatiana's opponent in the (dead) fourth rubber should have been María Sánchez Lorenzo - a Selesian player who is also not at all unattractive! I only wish María could have beaten Dechy in the second rubber - then Tatiana would have had the honour of sealing the tie by winning the (live) fourth rubber. Unfortunately María suffered a thigh-injury in her match against Dechy.

Tatiana: "I left Moscow when I was eight months old and never came back until now, but I'm just concentrating on playing the Fed Cup for my country and want to leave all the other stuff aside. I'm very happy to bring the first point for France.

"I haven't been here for 16 years, so for me this is a new country. It's ironic my first participation in the Fed Cup is in Russia, but I don't think too much about it."

Photos of, and messages about, Tatiana:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iveta_and_tatiana/

I'm not even sure if I still want Russia to win the final. The only thing I know for sure is that I'll be supporting Tatiana against Myskina and against Kuznetsova. To see France successfully defend their title would be worth it just to see Tatiana's beautiful smile again! :D (not just her `PR' smile but her real smile).

The smile I'm talking about:
http://members.lycos.nl/tatianagolovin/cpg1.2.1_standalone/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=0
--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TatianaGolovin/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/

Dan23
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:39 PM
How about Kuznetsova saying Tati played over her head to beat her? :rolleyes:Kuzzie :rolleyes: :mad:

The Russian girls and their snippy comments are starting to get on my nerves.Their comments certainly are becoming annoying..

Harju.
Nov 29th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Great job from Tati. She was calm towards the match and played brilliantly instead of cracking under pressure.

It's sad for France not being able to take the Fed Cup. Who would have thought that France would even take 2 points from Russia with only top 30 players playing in the singles against the Slam champs.

Best win of the season and hopefully this means an early great season in 2005. :worship:

ZAK
Nov 29th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Golovin v. Kuznetsova?

beauty_is_pink
Nov 29th, 2004, 01:00 AM
I would love a copy as well :)

Harju.
Nov 29th, 2004, 01:07 AM
I would love a free copy of any of her match as well. :haha: I'm broke :sobbing:

AK-DH Fan
Nov 29th, 2004, 03:21 AM
']I would love a free copy of any of her match as well. :haha: I'm broke :sobbing:

ditto

andrewbroad
Nov 29th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Golovin v. Kuznetsova?
I recommend Sports Resources, though it may take them a while to acquire a match that was only played yesterday!
http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TatianaGolovin/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TatianaGolovin/)