PDA

View Full Version : A forum for Serbian players maybe?

Joana
Oct 30th, 2004, 09:51 PM
There are a few very good Serbian players right now, so I thought it would be nice if we had a forum for them in the Rest of the World section. Maybe change Jelena Dokic's forum into the one for all of them? It's not a big deal if it can't be done, but I do think it would be a good thing.

carot
Nov 1st, 2004, 11:27 AM
We can easily change the name of the Dokic forum, just make sure the 'regulars' who post there agree. And suggest a name ;) Let us know...

**Jelica**
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:14 PM
I think it's a good idea for sure cos there is many Serbian player at the moment which do so good on the WTA and it seems kinda sad that there is no forum for Serbian players. I'm not so good to think up a name, the only thing I can think of is The Serbian Stars forum which is really bad I know, but I'm sure someone else could think up sth..?

CooCooCachoo
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:54 PM
They deserve a forum :yeah:

vutt
Nov 5th, 2004, 05:46 PM
...just make sure the 'regulars' who post there agree. And suggest a name ;) Let us know...

If I will qualify as regular then from my part you have a green light.
If it's possible to create players subforums then it would be even better. :cool:

Joana
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:51 PM
We can easily change the name of the Dokic forum, just make sure the 'regulars' who post there agree. And suggest a name ;) Let us know...
It looks like they won't mind. Just wait a bit until we come up with a good name. :)

Lemonskin.
Nov 6th, 2004, 08:46 AM
I have a name suggestion.

"Serbian Superheroes"

:shrug:

**Jelica**
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I have a name suggestion.

"Serbian Superheroes"

:shrug:

But shouldn't that be "Serbian Superheroines"? :D

How about "The Serbian Superstars Squad"?

veba
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:26 PM
"Serbian sensations". That's nice.

vutt
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:22 AM
We can easily change the name of the Dokic forum, just make sure the 'regulars' who post there agree. And suggest a name ;) Let us know...we have similar thread in "Dokic domain" to http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=139274

It seems that there are mixed feelings about just renaming Dokic forum coming from "old school"...

**Jelica**
Nov 10th, 2004, 12:44 PM

Yeah I like that :)

Maybe if ppl aren't happy to make the Dokic forum into a forum for all the Serbs a new forum could be made and the Dokic forum could be left? But to me it seems a little sad to seperate Dokic from all the other Serbian player if you see how I mean.. :confused:

Lemonskin.
Nov 12th, 2004, 11:05 PM
"SuperSerbs" ;)

©@®eLess
Nov 20th, 2004, 04:53 PM
"SuperSerbs" ;)

i doubt any croats will post i that forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe just "Best from Serbia" or "Serbia's best"

PointBlank
Nov 20th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Well if there not happy with it changing to all Serbian .. keep Dokic in the title .. like Anna and The Smash Pistols is for Anna and the Israeli players..so go with that maybe

Lemonskin.
Nov 22nd, 2004, 06:31 AM
Serbian Shenanigans? :p

PointBlank
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:27 PM
Servin Serbs :p

Lemonskin.
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:41 AM
Swingin' Serbs :D

Serbian Sweethearts :inlove:

Serbalicious? o_O

Bероника
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I would love a new forum for serbian players,as I love Jankovic and Ivanovic but I'm not really fond of Dokic.

**Jelica**
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Uhm, I'm sorry to trouble the administrators, but I was just wondering, is this gonna be possible to change the name of the forum? I'm not sure if the fans of Dokic are too happy about changing it's name, but maybe if we did what Lonely Stranger suggested and made a name such as "Jelena D and the Serbian Superstars" ? @ Dokic fans, would this be okay, or do you prefer that it's still just Jeca's forum?

If it's the case that the fans of Dokic who post on the forum "Dokic's Domain" wish that this is just Jelena Dokic's forum, would it be possible to have a new forum created for the Serbian players? (as is the case with the new forum for the Croatian players and the old Majoli forum existing seperately) I know like the administrators already have said, it's not that common for a new forum to be created just for 1 player any more, but there are more than 1 Serbian player. There is Jelena Jankovic, who is top 30 ranked now, and Ana Ivanovic, who's a big "rising star" and I think is gonna be getting really good results on the WTA next year. Also there is Vojislava Lukic who has the potential to be a top player in the future maybe. The Serbia-Montenegro Fed. Cup team should do great next year, cos they have a great group of players (especially when you include Dokic, if she's gonna play Fed. Cup) so it would be great to have a forum to talk about this.

Also, at the moment, ppl who wanna talk of the Serbian players must always post on the GM, and I think maybe ppl are getting a bit bored of there being so many "Serbian threads", lol! And this also would be remedied if there can be made forum for the Serbian players.

So, anyway, I know it's a big thing to ask, but would this be possible? I really hope so!

Thank u, and lots of love from,
Jelena

Bероника
Dec 28th, 2004, 09:35 PM
So will we have the serbian forum finally or not?

PointBlank
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Start a thread in Dokic's Domain and ask if its a problem to change the name for a full Serbian thing..if not ask if its possable you keep Dokic's name in and add a Serb thing..You wont know till ya ask them

ae wowww
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Start a thread in Dokic's Domain and ask if its a problem to change the name for a full Serbian thing..if not ask if its possable you keep Dokic's name in and add a Serb thing..You wont know till ya ask them
I asked them to change one... and they just bloody well don't reply... Really pisses me off.

PointBlank
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:17 PM
No one really post there..as a fan of Dokic I dont even go in there kuz its so blah.

carot
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:43 PM
i can only repeat what i said in my first post here, for me it's no problem to broaden the dokic forum to a serbian forum, just make sure it's something a majority approves AND provide me with a name.

Jelena D and the Serbian Superstars was suggested by JJFan but several other names were also posted here so yeah... one name and it'll be changed ;)

btw, to answer JJFans question: the majoli and croatian thing must have been an error on our side forgetting that majoli is croatian or forgetting we have a majoli forum cos even if we'd make two then we'd have made majoli forum a subforum in croatian forum, blah, so yeah, we fucked up :D

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 29th, 2004, 06:15 PM

i am going with this if you all finally get the forum. :D

Bероника
Dec 29th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Serbian Sensations is a good name.I agree.

Joana
Dec 29th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Serbian Sensations is a good name.I agree.
I agree too, but let's see what will people in Dokic's Domain say. :mad:

daniela86
Dec 30th, 2004, 06:29 PM
i like "serbian sensations" too :yeah: :yeah: and i agree 100% with joana, others serbs deserves their forum. moreover, jankovic and ivanovic have a better ranking than dokic so why should she have all these privileges?

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
i agree daniela! and what's more there is only 1 thread and nobody is posting there.!

PointBlank
Dec 31st, 2004, 03:40 PM
Yall arent gonna know if they will go for the idea if you dont start a thread there ;)

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:09 AM
but its not like anyone would reply. they only have 1 thread and nobody is even replying there.

**Jelica**
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
Actually, Joana already made a thread at Dokic's Domain to ask what ppl thought about it.

I really hope that the forum's name can be changed, and I also think Serbian Sensations is nice :)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Go Ana Ivanovic...

Sonja
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:12 AM
My suggestion:

Do a poll on the name in that forum and then post the link here in a few days so carot can see what name wins.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Well... why don't you jsut change the name of the forum to something as neutral as Serbian Players... and in there someone can do a poll with the people that actually attends to that forum....

Sonja
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Because that would mean changing it twice (or more) and we prefer to have the permanent forum name before changing it.

Joana
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:50 AM
My suggestion:

Do a poll on the name in that forum and then post the link here in a few days so carot can see what name wins.
Done. Let's hope someone actually responds as that place looks deserted.

Sonja
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:37 PM
You could also start a thread in GM with a link to the poll suggesting others vote.

vutt
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:02 PM
You could also start a thread in GM with a link to the poll suggesting others vote.

Well Sonja if people like GoDominique who frankly speaking do not give a s**t about any of Serbian players are going to vote then is that really the best poll?

There are already 8 people there who do not like that idea. That forum will need moderator ASAP then. The fan base is rather different to.

If you Sonja really care about peace on this board then please find a way to create forum with player subforums for Serbian girls. I really don't want to log in to my fav players forum and find three's nasty posts about Dokic like he did in Jankovic thread.

vutt
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:21 PM
My suggestion:

And btw. Dokic true fans will probably wake up from hibernation when her season starts in february. Can you at least delay voting time until that? It would be more fair. Don't you think? :)

carot
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I would _like_ to wait until i get the results from our survey which had some questions about player forums. But i don't know when - or even if for that matter - i'll ever get to see those results...

GoDominique
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:41 PM
GoDominique who frankly speaking does not give a s**t about any of Serbian players
May I ask how you can be so sure about that? :)

vutt
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:48 PM
May I ask how you can be so sure about that? :)

by monitoring your doings on this board over almost 3 years :wavey:

GoDominique
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:54 PM
by monitoring your doings on this board over almost 3 years :wavey:
Just because I haven't been in the Dokic-forum and posted threads about them? Oh, okay. :)

I would open a thread about Karolina Jovanovic in the new forum. :) And maybe about Visnja Vuletic too. :)

**Jelica**
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:12 AM
At the moment 17 say yes and 12 say no.

vutt
Jan 6th, 2005, 12:38 PM
i can only repeat what i said in my first post here, for me it's no problem to broaden the dokic forum to a serbian forum, just make sure it's something a majority approves...

May I ask? Is that official wtaworld policy when larger outside group of posters determined by global poll results can take over or change any forum?

...and one other thing. It seems you have created rather recently new forum for Sveta K under Russian rulette. So it means you have technical means and knowledge how to add new forums. ;) So how about new forum called "Jelena Jankovic and other Serbian girls" under "Rest of the world" forum. Trust me! Doing so you would save us from lot of hard feelings while making happy other people. Isn't it worth considering? Please :wavey:

carot
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:21 PM
vutt:
We can see who voted in a poll, so we'll know how valuable that result is, and tbh i'm more interested in the amount of people that wants to keep the forum like it is, than the amount of people that want it changed. Because it's always easier not to give in to a new request than to explain why something existing is changed.

Your option isn't really what i had in mind, but depending on the outcome of our recent survey, i was thinking of adding a general serbian girls and making the dokic forum a subforum of it, like we do in Belgian Babes, Russian Roulette, etc. That way we'd please everyone. But as i mentionned in a previous post, *right now* that will still depend on our survey and how those results are given to me.

vutt
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:14 PM
It would be fantastic. I promise to god-rep every Jankovic fan then :angel:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jan 15th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I want the forum for serbian players now....

O mean.... I have been cheering for Ana Ivanovic this whole week long... but I have no place to do it!!! it makes me furious..... so.... could I at least be on charge on directing the poll???

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jan 18th, 2005, 04:23 AM
WHat about Ivanovic.... I am trying ot cheer her on the Dokic domain and I get bad repped..... what is this about?

**Jelica**
Jan 18th, 2005, 09:59 AM
WHat about Ivanovic.... I am trying ot cheer her on the Dokic domain and I get bad repped..... what is this about?

I think it's cos it's Dokic's forum still..probably if u wanna cheer on Ivanovic atm, better to do it on the tournament sub forum or just in the general messages.

Btw, the poll is closed now, so will we get some feedback soon? Sorry to keep hassling about this :)

rada
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:50 AM
There should be one come on with jankovic and ivanovic doing so well ?????

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I think it's cos it's Dokic's forum still..probably if u wanna cheer on Ivanovic atm, better to do it on the tournament sub forum or just in the general messages.

Btw, the poll is closed now, so will we get some feedback soon? Sorry to keep hassling about this :)

wait so you actually did a poll? I didn't knew about it.... may I get the link.

**Jelica**
Jan 18th, 2005, 04:35 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=145599

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:36 PM
So what are we waiting for? do we have to do another poll with possible names?

carot
Jan 19th, 2005, 08:34 AM
I'm not going to change it if almost half of the people wants to keep it like it is. Read post 47 for what might happen in a near future.

vutt
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I'm not going to change it if almost half of the people wants to keep it like it is. Read post 47 for what might happen in a near future.

Thanks! I'll pay you later... ;)

carot
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:25 PM
you're so annoying that you got one :p

vutt, please let me know if you want the dokic forum moved as a subforum of the serbs, or if you prefer it stays where it is in 'rest of the world'. i guess it would be more logic to put it under the new serbian forum

vutt
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM
you're so annoying that you got one :p
:angel:

vutt, please let me know if you want the dokic forum moved as a subforum of the serbs, or if you prefer it stays where it is in 'rest of the world'. i guess it would be more logic to put it under the new serbian forum

Yep! I like your logic! Subforum will do...

Joana
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :worship:

Vutt, fortunately our war ended with nobody being killed or injured. :lol:

daniela86
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:34 PM
OHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! thanks a lot administrators!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: many hugs to you!!! :hug: :hug: :) :kiss: if you had done it a lil bit earlier, i would vote for you at the double popularity contest :haha: (joke) you rock guys!! :rocker:
btw, now can you move the ana ivanovic and jelena jankovic cheering threads into serbian sensations,plz!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sonja
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Threads moved, but if Ana beats Amélie tomorrow I may have to make hers disappear. :devil: (j/k)

carot
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:01 PM
i moved the dokic forum under the serbian one. i hope you guide your fellow dokic fans to the new location ;)

btw, i named the forum serbian sensations as it was named a few times in here, but of course feel free to to suggest something else

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jan 19th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Threads moved, but if Ana beats Amélie tomorrow I may have to make hers disappear. :devil: (j/k)

You are my favorite admin.... but I am betting for Ana Ivanovic on this one.... Amelie is in dear big trouble....

vutt
Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
Vutt, fortunately our war ended with nobody being killed or injured. :lol:

No hard feelings here. :wavey:
I think we both agree that it was not about our fight. It was more about making the case big enough so moderators had to do something in order to keep everybody happy. Now when I look back it would have been rather elegant social engineering trick on board mods if we would have planned it so from the start. :angel:

**Jelica**
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:55 AM
Thank you sooo much administrators!

Yup, Joana, it was a good thing that our "war" was peacefully resolved, lol!

vutt
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:41 AM
i moved the dokic forum under the serbian one. i hope you guide your fellow dokic fans to the new location ;)

btw, i named the forum serbian sensations as it was named a few times in here, but of course feel free to to suggest something else

Well If I may one last time: Can you add dokic to to main forum description. Otherwise those who do not visit "Dokic domain" that ofter will panic, because it's not located in old place any more. It would be harder to find it for them...

carot
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:30 AM
actually i changed it so it's in harmony with the rest of the main player forums, and yes, that includes a mention of the dokic forum