PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 2nd Round Qualy Report

Kutuzova
Oct 30th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Voskoboeva def. Grandin (3 sets ???? about score)
I got there at the start of the second set and Galina was not playing very well. She just seemed very negative and was making to many errors. Somehow Galina was able to turn things around. She mixes up her shots very well. Not too much pace but will throw in some moonballs and come to net. She also hit some nice drop shots which Grandin had trouble running down b/c she is very overweight. She needs to work on her fitness or she will be stuck at that same rank she is at for a while. By the third set Galina was just working Grandin all over the place. She just kept moving her and moving. She played well, but her temper hurt her some. Galina has a very similar game to most of the Russian girls and a similar temper, just w/o a ton of pace I donít know if she will ever be top 50. Grandin needs to lose weight, she has a nice game but cant move well.

Ashley def. Cohen 6-1 6-3
Julia Cohen has improved a ton. I had not seen her in a few years, I have known her since she was young, but she really has improved. It shocked me because she had been having some really poor results in the juniors. She needs to work on her serve, because it is way to slow and she needs to change her forehand grip, it is too western and she gets little pace and too much topspin, her back hand is solid and she moves very well. She is definitely a top low 300-400 player now and she will only keep improving. I found out from her that she quit school and is doing some online thing. Ashley looks like a man but she played smooth, never changes her facial expression, even though Julia made her work. I donít think Teryn is good enough to be top 100.

Tu def. Devidze (straight sets ??? about score)
Salome was warming up with Viktoriya Kutzova earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure why she was there but she was watching a lot of the matches. Salome plays a very nice game. She hits very hard and has nice compact strokes. She really throws her whole body into every shot and grunts nicely. She mad too many errors (double faults :sad: ) against Tu who was very consistent like normal, she hits very very flat with not much pace. Salome could have won this match if she was more consistent b/c she could have out hit Tu. Salome also needs to get a little quicker but she has a lot of talent!

Kremer leading Rolle (6-4 )
Anne was consistent as always just getting tons of balls back, not hitting many errors and not hitting many winners. Asha Rolle is CRAZY. She was cursing, shaking her head and throwing her racket all over the place. She also was mean to the ball kids. I heard yesterday she got a few warnings and she should have got some today. She has a nice game when she is able to get set but her shot selection is poor. She needs to get in better shape also. I like her serve, it is nice and big. Her forehand can be good but when she is not set, she makes a lot of errors. Her backhand has nice variety with the slice and topspin but she makes poor shot selctions so I really can say about what I think she could be ranked. I dont know if Anne will go much higher than her rank now. She just does not have a weapon.

I saw Olga Poutchkova practicing with Varvara Lepchenko. Poutchkova has an AWSOME game. She hits such a nice clean hart ball. I think she with defiantely be top 120 next year maybe even top 100. She just really impressed me. When she and Varvara were playing points she was killing Lepchenko. Im shocked she lost to Bachmann yesterday. Lepchenko was huge. She does not move well but she hits a nice ball. She is going to need to get more fit to have better results but the game is there.

I also saw Castano vs. Klemenschits just for a little, Catalina can not play on quick surfaces.

De Los Rios vs. Black- it looked like Rosana was killing but I am not sure. She looks to be getting back to her old form. Cara just chases down everything like she always has.

Poutchek vs. Bachman- only a few points. I think Poutchkova could have beat both easily and must have played poorly to lose to Bachman yesterday.

Vento-Kabchi was walking around
Krastecitch was walking around
Alves was hitting

KUTUZOVA was there. I was going to ask her what she was playing next but I had to leave. She was hiting with Devidze and killing her during their warm up before Salomeís match. Viktoriya is extremely talented and plays like a top 50 player now. She will definitely be a top 20 player I think top 5 even in the future. I think she looses in these challengers because she is not match tough under age eligibility rule. She should play a few lower tourneys to get her confidence in matches back then move up to the bigger tourneys. She is incredible from what I saw. Her serve looks much better than when she played WTT. I think we need to start watching out for her b/c she is GOOD!

Viktoriya and Olga Poutchkova impressed me the most; both could be top 100 next year!!! :bounce:

PatM04
Oct 30th, 2004, 08:45 PM
KUTUZOVA was there. I was going to ask her what she was playing next but I had to leave. She was hiting with Devidze and killing her during their warm up before Salomeís match. Viktoriya is extremely talented and plays like a top 50 player now. She will definitely be a top 20 player I think top 5 even in the future. I think she looses in these challengers because she is not match tough under age eligibility rule. She should play a few lower tourneys to get her confidence in matches back then move up to the bigger tourneys. She is incredible from what I saw. Her serve looks much better than when she played WTT. I think we need to start watching out for her b/c she is GOOD!

Viktoriya and Olga Poutchkova impressed me the most; both could be top 100 next year!!! :bounce:I have said that Vika is one of the most talented juniors for over a year now. She should start moving up soon. I look forward to her rising up the rankings in a few years:)

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 31st, 2004, 02:02 AM
Nice report. :)

rated_next
Oct 31st, 2004, 02:12 AM
thanks for the report :)

vogus
Oct 31st, 2004, 02:21 AM
good detailed report

but Kremer was Top 20 from 2000-2002 "without a weapon", as you say, is she playing worse now than before?

also, is Asha Rolle a black girl? Just wondering bcuz of the name...

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 31st, 2004, 03:48 AM
thanx for the report :)
thats a typical Galina match :o her 2nd serve is awful, but her 1st can be pretty good.

vogus .... yes Ahsha is a Black Girl :wavey: , she's got a younger sis, Tiya who also plays.

Hayato
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:47 AM
De Los Rios vs. Black- it looked like Rosana was killing but I am not sure. She looks to be getting back to her old form. Cara just chases down everything like she always has.

:hearts: :bigcry: :hearts:

Drimal
Oct 31st, 2004, 07:16 AM
good detailed report

but Kremer was Top 20 from 2000-2002 "without a weapon", as you say, is she playing worse now than before?

also, is Asha Rolle a black girl? Just wondering bcuz of the name...

Anne Kremer was a good player in 2002 where she won over Jelena Dokic three times and one time over Amelie Mauresmo. She had a very tough backhand. Unfortunately she had an injury last year that needs a surgery. She paused 14 moths and started a comeback in March 2004 at ITF tournaments.
She is not yet at the level of 2002, but it is going better and better. I hope that she can progress her game so that she can return in Top 50 next year. She really deserves that. :)

Zhao
Oct 31st, 2004, 09:16 AM
thanks for the report... hope u have fun in the coming week

hendreeey
Oct 31st, 2004, 11:27 AM
Ashley looks like a man

You MUST be kidding!!!!!!!!!!

brunof
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Kutuzova]Voskoboeva def. Grandin (3 sets ???? about score)
I got there at the start of the second set and Galina was not playing very well. She just seemed very negative and was making to many errors. Somehow Galina was able to turn things around. She mixes up her shots very well. Not too much pace but will throw in some moonballs and come to net. She also hit some nice drop shots which Grandin had trouble running down b/c she is very overweight. She needs to work on her fitness or she will be stuck at that same rank she is at for a while. By the third set Galina was just working Grandin all over the place. She just kept moving her and moving. She played well, but her temper hurt her some. Galina has a very similar game to most of the Russian girls and a similar temper, just w/o a ton of pace I donít know if she will ever be top 50. Grandin needs to lose weight, she has a nice game but cant move well.

QUOTE]

Poor Nathalie Grandin. When I saw her she had such a nice game, but again, is too out of shape. I wonder if she really has a fitness plan. A shame her talent is going to waste because of her weight. :sad: I hope she will get in better shape, and have some better results soon...From Irvin to this... :sad:

lauryn
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the report! :)

vogus
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:30 PM
vogus .... yes Ahsha is a Black Girl :wavey: , she's got a younger sis, Tiya who also plays.

not too many white girls named Ahsha and Tiya... ;) Ahsha seems to have had some good wins lately, she ought to stop with the bad behavior it might hold her back...

Experimentee
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:15 AM
I dont think Ashley looks like a man.

hendreeey
Nov 1st, 2004, 06:34 AM
I dont think Ashley looks like a man.

Quite right, she is actually really cute. I am still amazed that anyone can think this.
She has made the main draw now - Go Teryn.

brunof
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:21 PM
Teryn looks better in person. She has some strange facial expressions when she hits the ball, so what? We all can't smile like Clarissa. ;)