PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying Events? You vote!

CooCooCachoo
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Hey :cool:

Do you think that PYW should also include qualifying events? It's your vote :)

:wavey:

James
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:25 PM
It's a nice idea. Would that mean the PYW main draw would include the qualifiers coming from PYW qualifying instead of the real qualifiers?

CooCooCachoo
Oct 29th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Yeah it would :)

ghosts
Oct 29th, 2004, 12:48 PM
what about rankings? ;)

Foot's Fingers
Oct 29th, 2004, 02:54 PM
where is my post ?

CooCooCachoo
Oct 29th, 2004, 08:38 PM
what about rankings? ;)

I am organizing all results :p It takes a lot of time ;) Have some patience, but rankings will come!

ghosts
Oct 29th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I am organizing all results :p It takes a lot of time ;) Have some patience, but rankings will come!
Thanks ;)

CooCooCachoo
Oct 30th, 2004, 11:28 AM
:p

You will have all the results of your players to look at :)

I might do some tournament records too.. Maybe head-to-heads. I promise I will continue tonight when I get back from work. I am only at the US Open 2R but it took a lot of time to enter all the players from the 1R. Now it will go faster ;)

CooCooCachoo
Oct 31st, 2004, 09:51 AM
OK My progress so far:

US Open - Done
Bali - Done
Beijing - Done
Hasselt - Now
Guangzhou - Now
Seoul - Now
Moscow - To come
Tashkent - To come
Zürich - To come
Filderstadt - To come
Tokyo - To come
Linz - To come
Luxembourg - To come

Please be patient :) I am working hard.. And I think it looks really nice :)

CooCooCachoo
Oct 31st, 2004, 02:25 PM
Filderstadt and Tokyo are up next :cool:

But I have to go now :)

Geoffry
May 14th, 2005, 10:51 PM
BUMP

I was thinking: couldn't we have qualifying for Grand Slams only, seeing that there are a lot of favourites in qualifying (Sun for example who won a tournament, but never comes through qualifying lately)
And with Grand Slams, you almost have a whole week to vote for the qualifying rounds... only 3 rounds and given the popularity of PYW lately (the big tournaments usually end after 4 or 5 days, so that perfectly manageable
Ofcourse, we could place the ones that qualified with PYW on the same spot like the player who really qualified on the WTA tour of the same part...

Does this make sense? :p

Wiggly
May 14th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Perfect idea :)

tucker1989
May 15th, 2005, 01:00 AM
I was just thinking of this idea, lol, you beat me to the chase! I think maybe tier 2 and higher.

CooCooCachoo
May 15th, 2005, 12:20 PM
BUMP

I was thinking: couldn't we have qualifying for Grand Slams only, seeing that there are a lot of favourites in qualifying (Sun for example who won a tournament, but never comes through qualifying lately)
And with Grand Slams, you almost have a whole week to vote for the qualifying rounds... only 3 rounds and given the popularity of PYW lately (the big tournaments usually end after 4 or 5 days, so that perfectly manageable
Ofcourse, we could place the ones that qualified with PYW on the same spot like the player who really qualified on the WTA tour of the same part...

Does this make sense? :p

I think this is a good idea :)

Ellery
May 15th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah, great idea, thanks coocoocachoo!

nave 2
May 15th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Yap :)

Emiel Goelen
May 17th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I think it would be a great idea, 'coz it would give a chance to popular PYW players to get into tournaments more often. I would try to do it for all tournaments. Maybe that will prove to be a bit too ambitious, but I think we should give it a try!

CooCooCachoo
May 17th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Once the RG qualies draw comes out, I will start the thread with a preview to it :)