PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros Champion, GER/CAN Sascha, gives up on retiring next season

Hantuchov
Oct 25th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Formerly known as crazillo, best German player afirms: "I'm not done yet!"

Aachen - Germany --- Germany's Sascha Zhivkov still has a chance to qualify for the Year End Championships, to be played in two weeks, in Los Angeles, and his bad results lately were not giving him a motivation to keep playing PAW. It's true that his chances are very small, but it's not impossible to have a great result in the 2 tournaments remaining, and even a title could put him into the best 16 players of the season.

Asked about which reasons made him think about retirement, he says: "Well, you know, my bad form lately was the decisive point and that made me lose the desire of keep playing this game, but also some chats with other people kinda made me feel even more sure that I was doing the right step. But the main reason, definetely, was to support some players against my favourite players, but now I clearly see it's just a game and I'm not guilty if they lose or if they win."

The German pawer #1 announced earlier this week that he would retire, and only a few days after that, he changed his mind. He says: "I know people may think I'm crazy cuz I had already announced that, but it's not my fault on taking my words back. I blame Hantuchov for this, because we talked before and he told me he would brainwash me, and it's unbelieavable the quickness this guy has, cuz in less than 48 hours he made my mind and I have to say that I'm a bit scared about him because he's quite efficient and he keeps his promises :scared:."

He also adds: "Hantuchov made me feel I'm not done yet, and he made me believe in my potential of going to L.A. If I fail, that'll be ok, I wont regret and I'll be sure I did my best. It's true it was my fault for missing some big events this year, but I know 2005 will be a good season as well and I'll fight even harder to do my best."

Asked by the reporter, if he already has plans to retire next year, Sascha answered: "Well, I dont wanna think about that now, I'm still coming back and I wanna go step by step. But it would not be that bad, since my favourite player, Magdalena Maleeva, will probably retire in 2005, so that we could retire together. But it's just an idea, I just want to focus in the remaining tournaments and you can come back next year to ask me the same question."

Sascha is playing this week in Luxembourg, and is the 6th favourite to take the title, after bbypk, Geoffry, ghosts, Pintaled, butch, speedster and followed by raquel. "I'm really looking forward to a great result here, it'll be one of my last chances this year, and I'm glad Hantuchov wont be around, so that he wont influence me, at least this week!" :unsure:

PAW world #1 Hantuchov didnt want to make any comments on that, he just said to our reporter: "It's not my business!" and then turned his mobile off in a very rude and impolite way :rolleyes:

crazillo
Oct 25th, 2004, 12:45 AM
I am difficult I know.... Big thanks to Luis!
Sorry to my GER PAW mates, hope you will "endure" me another year or two.. However, I hope to change Carsten's opinion as well (FedCup :p)!