PDA

View Full Version : How good is Ana Ivanovic?

*kaz*
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:16 PM
The commentators on Eurosport said she's going to be number 1. I never saw the match. Is she good enough to be number 1.

AnaIvanovicFan
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:18 PM
The commentators on Eurosport said she's going to be number 1. I never saw the match. Is she good enough to be number 1.

shes incredible

jcaprulez
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
Very good performance. I thought she was just another amatuer. You should've seen some of those rallies. It was amazing.

Pengwin
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:33 PM
she is really unbelievable. i'd say she has higher potential than Golovin or Sharapova

igost
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
She is pretty good

I mean pretty and good

LostGlory
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
I think one of her biggest stength is her mental strengths she is able to pit just anything behind her and keep on fighting....it was her first ever match against a top player ....but yes I agree I see a possible top ten player and very soon .....

invictus
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:08 PM
She really performed well against Venus.

Since she is only 16, I was expecting many errors and was expecting her to be very week mentally, but she really looked like a veteran out there, and her groundstrokes are :eek:

Dolphin
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Since she's only 16 & doing so well, I can see her in the top 10 easy & challenging for Grand Slams in the future.

Keep it up Ana! :)

Pinky
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:47 PM
Don't forget there are 4 or 5 new future top 10 and grand slams winner per year but in the end only a handful can survive the hipe...
That being said, i saw her live on wednesday vs. Tatiana and on TV vs. Venus and she definitely has the potential... really hope she will be able to develop it!

les battersby
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:53 PM
According to Martina Hingis, now donít quote me on this because there was some interference on screen when she was answering this question.
She replied; Itís possible she can conquer her inadequate mobility and win a Tier 3 event. And with the aid of comfortable trainers she can reach the top 20.

Dava
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:05 PM
She seems pretty solid...shes kinda passed under the radar with some of the toher youngsters who have been going about the last couple of years. I think she is a solid player, but needs a better serve.

DevilishAttitude
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:09 PM
She seems pretty solid...shes kinda passed under the radar with some of the toher youngsters who have been going about the last couple of years. I think she is a solid player, but needs a better serve.

I disagree on her serve it was very good for a 16 year old :)

Her movement is what needs to be improved

Martian Willow
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:11 PM
I'm confused, I saw her in Wimbly juniors and thought she looked a bit small and she had a crappy serve.

SJW
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:11 PM
everyone who pushes a Williams Sister is going to be number one.

it's the law :) no exceptions :)

Joana
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:12 PM
I'm confused, I saw her in Wimbly juniors and thought she looked a bit small and she had a crappy serve.
:confused:
Small???? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Crappy serve? :confused:

Martian Willow
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:13 PM

Well, they must be quite good.

Martian Willow
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:14 PM
:confused:
Small???? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Crappy serve? :confused:

Yes - I'm confused. :lol:

Dava
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:14 PM
Yeah she served terrible during the wimby juniors final....and against Anca Barna at Birmingham

Joana
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:16 PM

Oh yes, everybody is after those poor sisters, I'm sure Ana is in fact a lousy player but just because she played against one of THE sisters made her play like that.

SJW
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:17 PM
Well, they must be quite good.

most pro players are "quite good"

SJW
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Oh yes, everybody is after those poor sisters, I'm sure Ana is in fact a lousy player but just because she played against one of THE sisters made her play like that.

come on now. you're not giving her enough credit. she's only 16 :)

Joana
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah she served terrible during the wimby juniors final....and against Anca Barna at Birmingham
Well it's possible, I didn't see those matches. However, I saw parts of her matches in Zurich and that serve was :worship: .
However, small she isn't! ;)

Martian Willow
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:21 PM
Well it's possible, I didn't see those matches. However, I saw parts of her matches in Zurich and that serve was :worship: .
However, small she isn't! ;)

How tall is she? I can't find it anywhere. She just didn't look that big (for a tennis player) on the TV. :)

Sash1
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:22 PM
Erm Ana was serving bombs during Wimby, some even 110 mph... I wouldn't call that shitty serve... even some top 10 players could only wish for a serve like that!!!

Sash1
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:23 PM
How tall is she? I can't find it anywhere. She just didn't look that big (for a tennis player) on the TV. :)
She is 182cm

Martian Willow
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:25 PM
She is 182cm

:eek: She doesn't look it. :)

Joana
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:26 PM
The last I heard was 183 cm, not sure if that's 100% true. I know she is a lot taller now than when I saw her last at a junior tournament in Belgrade 3 years ago. ;)