PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open WC for Michaella Krajicek?!

grmbl
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:39 PM
It's from a reliable source.. It's a Q-WC btw.

Hopefully it's true!

Sugiyama=#1
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:42 PM
Hmm...interesting....Shahar Peer won AO this year, she'll get one too.
Maybe Australia is really running out of girls to give WC's too after 2004's disasters.

Experimentee
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:47 PM
I doubt it. Usually the WC's go to Aussies, no matter how crap they are. And its too early for them to have decided any WCs anyway.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:48 PM
Hmm...interesting....Shahar Peer won AO this year, she'll get one too.
Maybe Australia is really running out of girls to give WC's too after 2004's disasters.
Shahar doesnt need one
she makes qualies on her rank.

SilK
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
and Vaidisova was RU, and RU normally gets the other WC, but Nicole doesn't need it. So, giving it to another promising junior doesn't seem all that bad!

jonny84
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:17 PM
I'm just gutted that they stopped giving a WC to a british girl (in exchange for a WC for an Aussie girl for Wimbledon).

It happened once in 2003 to Elena Baltacha (who lost in 1R against Alexandra Stevenson)

It was good as it is the only chance that a British girl will make the main draw of a Grand Slam outside of Wimbledon without qualifying.

*kaz*
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:35 PM
I don't like the way all the wildcards go to that country at a slam. I think it's ok at smaller tournies. But at slams I think the top juniors deserve atleast half of the wildcards.

grmbl
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:42 PM
I don't like the way all the wildcards go to that country at a slam. I think it's ok at smaller tournies. But at slams I think the top juniors deserve atleast half of the wildcards.
I agree with that.. :D

Sugiyama=#1
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
and Vaidisova was RU, and RU normally gets the other WC, but Nicole doesn't need it. So, giving it to another promising junior doesn't seem all that bad!
Michaella is going to be World Champion this year, maybe they are going to acknowledge that by giving her a wc. That way this will make sense. Hope she makes the best out of this.

pav
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:24 PM
She has requested a WC for Auckland it will be great to see Her There!

jcaprulez
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:31 PM
That's great. Better than aload of really low ranked Aussies.

grmbl
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:02 PM
She has requested a WC for Auckland it will be great to see Her There!

Hopefully she'll get the WC for Auckland.. :wavey:

Whatzup
Oct 22nd, 2004, 10:09 PM
I really hope that she will get a WC for the Aussi Open quallies... I think she deserved it. :D