PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Serena got a wild card into Linz...

vettipooh
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:44 AM
There is something about her playing in Linz on their website, but I can't translate it. I could only decipher a bit. Can someone please translate??? Thanks.

AjdeNate!
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:55 AM
The signs of a start of Serena Williams with the Generali Ladies Linz presented by Raiffeisenlandesbank OOe from 23 to 31 October in the intersport arena consolidated themselves, yet Peter Michael Reichel outweighs skepticism with organizer. To the facts: Serena Williams called at the beginning of this week for the tennis highlight in the intersport arena, endowed with 585,000 dollar, was however for the time being due to the late message only on the waiting list. Since on Wednesday the Israelin Anna Smashnova called its start off in upper Austria, the US superstar slipped into the main field of the Generali Ladies Linz presented by Raiffeisenlandesbank upper Austria. "the fact that Serena Williams for Linz called, is a formal act and does not have much in the reason yet to mean", outweighs with organizer Peter Michel Reichel nevertheless skepticism. And that probably rightfully, announced, then however just as often again withdrew the winner in each case nevertheless from six Grand Slam tournaments also in the two past years their coming into Linz. Reichel does not verhehlt however that some signs also suggest that it means the current number nine of the world rank list and Triumphatorin of 25 WTA tournaments seriously with a start with the Generali Ladies. "your management communicated us by telephone at the night on Thursday that Serenas arrival is planned for Saturday in upper Austria. Accurate arrival times us however not yet admits given." Reservedly on the email message of the WTA that Serena Williams moved up Raiffeisenlandesbank upper Austria into the main field of the Generali Ladies Linz presented by, tournament directress Sandra Reichel reacted. "it would be a large joy and an enormous surprise, if Serena would make its announcement true. But I believe it only if she rises from the airplane and sets a foot to Linzer soil. And even then still something can happen, because nobody white, like much it its knee injury still obstructs, because of which she had to pausieren last ", meant Sandra Reichel. Their last tournament denied Serena Williams at the end of of Septembers in Peking, where it kept the upper hand in the final against the Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova. Afterwards it had to call their planned appearances off in Filderstadt and Zurich because of a wound in the left knee.

FaceyFacem
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:01 AM
And even then still something can happen, because nobody white, like much it its knee injury still obstructs.

just wait for this to get blown out of proportion

AjdeNate!
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:02 AM
blame altavista.com not I... I'm just not speaking German, so I couldn't be responsible. thought the same thing and i didn't edit cuz it's what it said and i don't konw what it means. but ok.

Venus Forever
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:09 AM
Serena will be in Linz, or so she says.

I know a person who interviewed her today, as she was holding a press conference about their McDonald Charity Tennis event being held at the end of the year, and she mentioned she would be playing Linz.

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:21 AM
Plus it's on her official website:
www.serenawilliams.com (http://www.serenawilliams.com)

check for yourself

Sugiyama=#1
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:36 AM
Plus it's on her official website:
www.serenawilliams.com (http://www.serenawilliams.com)

check for yourself
Much better source:). Thanks.

Volcana
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:22 AM
That translation leaves something to be desired.

http://www.generali-ladies.at/p_players/swilliams.jpghttp://www.generali-ladies.at/p_menu/player.gif Linz, 21.Oktober 2004 - Die Anzeichen eines Starts von Serena Williams beim Generali Ladies Linz presented by Raiffeisenlandesbank OÖ vom 23. bis 31. Oktober in der Intersport Arena haben sich zwar verdichtet, dennoch überwiegt bei Veranstalter Peter-Michael Reichel die Skepsis.

Zu den Fakten: Serena Williams hat zu Beginn dieser Woche für das mit 585.000 Dollar dotierte Tennis-Highlight in der Intersport Arena genannt, war jedoch vorerst aufgrund der verspäteten Meldung nur auf der Warteliste. Da am Mittwoch die Israelin Anna Smashnova ihren Start in Oberösterreich abgesagt hat, rutschte der US-Superstar in das Hauptfeld des Generali Ladies Linz presented by Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich.

„Dass Serena Williams für Linz genannt hat, ist ein Formalakt und hat im Grunde noch nicht viel zu besagen“, überwiegt bei Veranstalter Peter-Michel Reichel dennoch die Skepsis. Und das wohl zu recht, hat doch die Gewinnerin von sechs Grand Slam-Turnieren auch in den beiden vergangenen Jahren jeweils ihr Kommen in Linz angekündigt, dann aber ebenso oft wieder zurückgezogen.

Reichel verhehlt aber nicht, dass einige Anzeichen auch dafür sprechen, dass es die aktuelle Nummer neun der Weltrangliste und Triumphatorin von 25 WTA-Turnieren ernst mit einem Start beim Generali Ladies meint. „Ihr Management hat uns in der Nacht auf Donnerstag telefonisch mitgeteilt, dass Serenas Eintreffen in Oberösterreich für Samstag geplant ist. Exakte Ankunftszeiten wurden uns aber noch nicht bekannt gegeben.“

Zurückhaltend auf die Email-Nachricht der WTA, dass Serena Williams in das Hauptfeld des Generali Ladies Linz presented by Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich aufrückte, reagierte Turnierdirektorin Sandra Reichel. „Es wäre eine große Freude und eine riesige Überraschung, wenn Serena ihre Ankündigung wahr machen würde. Aber ich glaube es erst, wenn sie aus dem Flugzeug steigt und einen Fuß auf Linzer Boden setzt. Und selbst dann kann immer noch etwas passieren, denn niemand weiß, wie sehr sie ihre Knieverletzung noch behindert, wegen der sie zuletzt pausieren musste“, meinte Sandra Reichel. Ihr bisher letztes Turnier bestritt Serena Williams Ende September in Peking, wo sie im Finale gegen die Russin Svetlana Kuznetsova die Oberhand behielt. Danach musste sie wegen einer Blessur im linken Knie ihre geplanten Auftritte in Filderstadt und Zürich absagen.

vettipooh
Oct 22nd, 2004, 11:53 AM
If both Serena and Amelie plays, the field won,t look so depleted.Hope Rena keeps that promise.Its always good to see her on the courts. Thanks for the translation,Athenaeum.

matthias
Oct 22nd, 2004, 11:58 AM
would be great for Linz if she would really play

Beat
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
weiss = white and knows.

nothing is said about a wild card. they just say that she's on the entry list, but that doesn't really mean anything.

jrm
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:04 PM
Only to pull out at 11th hour?

CooCooCachoo
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:05 PM
:eek: So she is not going to break her promise once more? :yeah: Good for her!

CooCooCachoo
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:05 PM
BTW She has the best official website I've ever seen :o

Chunchun
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM
what seed will serena get in linz? :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:37 PM
Linz was always on her schedule since the beginning of the year, I don't know how her name got off the entry list. Maybe she thought she wasn't going to be able to make it.

Marcus1979
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:41 PM
really.

Never knew that

martirogi
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
this tourney was for nastya to win :mad: now serena and mauresmo hav to come and make trouble

croat123
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
no, no, no

k-lina MUST be seeded, amelie and serena CAN'T both play :fiery: or someone else has to pull out. whichever way, i could care less, all i know is that Queen K-lina must be seeded (and it's her birthday god damn it)

Linnie
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:15 PM
no, no, no

k-lina MUST be seeded, amelie and serena CAN'T both play :fiery: or someone else has to pull out. whichever way, i could care less, all i know is that Queen K-lina must be seeded (and it's her birthday god damn it)Yes yes yes - K-lina will still be seeded - 8th ;)

Seeds:

1 - Mauresmo
2 - Myskina
3 - S. Williams
4 - Zvonareva
5 - Petrova
6 - Sugiyama
7 - Schnyder
8 - Sprem

Gogo123
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:21 PM
and is Serena still playing Philadelphia