PDA

View Full Version : LMAO! Aussie media bashing Jelena.

bmxbandit
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:34 AM
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,11142406%255E10389,00.html

EDIT: Crap, it wouldn't copy/paste right. :( Gotta click on the link fellas.

beauty_is_pink
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:35 AM
huh

vogus
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:02 AM
guess who's gonna come begging and pleading for a wildcard into the 2005 Aussy Open...

bmxbandit
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:04 AM
guess who's gonna come begging and pleading for a wildcard into the 2005 Aussy Open...
Actually, she already exclaimed she's skipping the next Aussie Open so :p

blablabla
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:15 AM
Jeco it's quite easy for you. Just do the opposite of what those clowns in the media are suggesting and you'll be back at the top in no time. I wish they'd just drop the hate campaigns and let her be.

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:19 AM
umm how exactly r they bashing jelena? theyre actually bashing damir and saying how much better off she would be without him
damir belongs in a mental institution, not on the tennis circuit

Marcus1979
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:19 AM
The Australian Media is so harsh on Dokic.

Its very begruding at times.

or thats how it looks

rada
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:21 AM
end off the day its jelenas life!! she will do what makes her happy!

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:23 AM
she deserves it she got so much support from tennis australia and then left
i realise she was under the influence of damir but she hasnt been lately and i thought maybe she had come to her senses
but if shes gona go back to him she must be as crazy as him

Marcus1979
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:25 AM
The Australian Media always bagging her is not going to get her to come back to Australia any time soon

switz
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:25 AM
this journalist is a well known sensationalist from queensland. i don't really see how one column that doesn't even focus on jelena really equates with "Aussie media bashing Jelena"

switz
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:26 AM
most australians couldn't give a shit besides maybe having a bit of a laugh.

Veritas
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:31 AM
she deserves it she got so much support from tennis australia and then left
i realise she was under the influence of damir but she hasnt been lately and i thought maybe she had come to her senses
but if shes gona go back to him she must be as crazy as him

Yes we realise she's 21 and legally, she's already a full-adult. But that's still a fairly young age. Plus the Dokic's have been a pretty close-knit family and despite all the things that Jelena had to put up with, Damir's still her father and he would know better than anyone else what Jelena's game is like. He would be in a better position than most people in this world to chip away all the splinters in Jelena's game and fine tune her back to the top of the Tour.

I also don't like or want Jelena to be back with Damir so soon - seeing as he's said some horrible stuff about her and had estranged her from her brother. But she's alone in this world and there's pretty much no-one else she can turn to for help beside her own family. The only thing I'm hoping for is that Damir and Jelena can sort out their differences. Damir's got to realise that Jelena isn't getting any younger and can't be bossed around anymore. He'll have to be a lot more liberal and understanding if he really cares for Jelena.

DutchieGirl
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:12 AM
The Australian Media always bagging her is not going to get her to come back to Australia any time soon
May I make the point: maybe we don't want her back after everything that family has said/done...

Philbo
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
I pity Jelena. But I hate Damir.

Jelena is just a lost soul. She really should have eaten crow and asked Martina Nav to help her - that way her dad would have killed himself and she'd be much better off.

Jelena is just clueless as to what to do next and this I guess is what she see's as her only option.

Sorry Jelena but I wont have any sympathy when it all turns to shit again.

Given how controlling Damir is, I think he will become even more authorative and domineering becase he will fear Jelena running away again - so he'll hold on too tightly and create exactly that which he doesnt want - Jelena to run off again.

Marcus1979
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:18 AM
I like Dokic as I wish for her to have success.

I have no time for Damir.

SM
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:37 AM
nothing wrong with a bit of fair comment. its not like they made any major negative imputation about her...the media couldve done alot worse and besides the dokic family loves publicity it seems..

vutt
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:42 AM
I wonder what makes you all think Jelena hates OZ.

- She made it very clear last year by commiting herself into those tournies that she have put issues behind.

- She told media that she would like to call OZ home and that was after she played FedCup matches for Serbia. So it was nothing to do with possible Olympics participation under OZ colors.

- She is in progress of renewing her OZ passport as we read from Damir's iterview. (btw. Damir did not seem to be bothered by that fact at all.)

Well, it might be that NO to next year OZ was part of tradeoff she had to make in order to be more pleasant to Damir or she just needs more time for training.

jochem
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
And as for Jelena, she's downright tragic.

They say you can't choose your relatives, but come on girl, you can pick your coach.

jochem
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
:::::::::: says the article! :::::::::::::: but i guess it's pretty damn true

Athena
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:39 AM
And as for Jelena, she's downright tragic.

They say you can't choose your relatives, but come on girl, you can pick your coach.

Remember Mirjana Lucic and her father? Mary Pierce and her father? What else is really new in women's tennis. :devil:

That's why the tennisworld really missed Karol Seles. He was the best parent/coach that a tennis player could ever have. I'm really not surprised why Monica turned out to be such a gracious and respectable person. :worship: :worship: :worship:

DutchieGirl
Oct 23rd, 2004, 03:23 AM
I wonder what makes you all think Jelena hates OZ.

- She made it very clear last year by commiting herself into those tournies that she have put issues behind.
Which she then pulled out of anyway

- She told media that she would like to call OZ home and that was after she played FedCup matches for Serbia. So it was nothing to do with possible Olympics participation under OZ colors.
Of which we have sene no evidence as she hasn't been back here or wanted to play for us since she left.

- She is in progress of renewing her OZ passport as we read from Damir's iterview. (btw. Damir did not seem to be bothered by that fact at all.)
Does this mean she is giving up her Serbian passport then? You can't have a dual Aussie-Serbian passport.

Well, it might be that NO to next year OZ was part of tradeoff she had to make in order to be more pleasant to Damir or she just needs more time for training.
And that justshows how pathetic her father really is, although I guess we knew that anyway. Besides, I don't particularly want her to come and play here anyway.

Athena
Oct 23rd, 2004, 07:20 AM
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,11142406%255E10389,00.html

EDIT: Crap, it wouldn't copy/paste right. :( Gotta click on the link fellas.

can the aussie media ever stop attacking the girl who is obviously down and out right now. i wish dokic can really make a comeback.

vutt
Oct 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Does this mean she is giving up her Serbian passport then? You can't have a dual Aussie-Serbian passport.

Could you describe how your country can take away citizenship?

...and about rest of your feelings - I'm really sorry for you if she pissed you so off that even OMG 3 years later you can't let it go... :sad: