PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions when ur faves playing?

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:43 AM
i have many superstitions when alicia's playing:

-when the draw first comes out and she has a really bad draw, i dont say its a bad draw until she has actually lost, bcos i dont want to jinx it :p like this week, i could have said her draw sucks but i didnt and she ended up winning :D
-whenever im playing PAW at a tourney where alicia is, my first paw of everyday is always Molik over whoever. i also never choose against her in CAD
-when im playing the race and alicia is playing, my first pick is always alicia
-in the order of play threads, i always devote one post to solely wish alicia luck
i then do another post wishing all my other faves luck
-whenever theres a who will win thread involving alicia, i always say alicia will win, no matter what :devil:
-i used to not like watching her on live scoreboards, bcos the first two times i did she had very bad losses (to nagyova and tanasugarn). this trend was sort of killed when i witnessed her win stockholm and beat dementieva and myskina at the olympics :)
-also, i generally dont say anything negative about her until shes lost in a tourney (unlike another alicia fan :p ). when shes actually lost the claws come out :fiery: :p

does anyone else have superstitions with their faves?

AjdeNate!
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:46 AM
*IF* I look at the draw and figure out quality/ranking points in advance, K-Lina will lose early. If I don't print the draw and figure out round by round points that she can gain and what ranking she can achieve, she tends to win a match (or 2 sometimes ;) ).

If I'm following scores and she's winning, I don't move. Like not at all. If she's losing I move around until she comesback, then I stop moving around the house. :lol:

I was worse with Monica... when on tv at a crucial point, like break point down, I'd hold my breath. Completely subsconsiously until someone pointed this out to me. :haha:

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:50 AM
:haha:

Marcus1979
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:11 AM
Watch the matches on delay.

don't want to jinx my favourites.

esquímaux
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:15 AM
1.) Don't move
2.) Don't blink
3.) Don't breathe
4.) Pass out and come to in time for the last game

Veegeta
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:17 AM
- I never take a break while Venus is down a point

- I never watch the last point of the last game if its in favor of her opponent

I know what some of you may say "well he doesn't watch that much of Venus games" so I'm going to laugh in advance :lol: :lol

SelesFan70
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:26 AM
I stop eating when Monica's playing. Unfortunately, I'm fatter than ever with her 1.75 years off. :sad:

beauty_is_pink
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:42 AM
I'm using my example from Daniela, since she is my #1, but this also implies to my other faves ;) :p

- I don't predict or guess the scoreline (even if i kno she'll win or "loose") and I don't let any members from the Cocktail Party (Daniela's forum) do so either http://wtaworld.com/ubb/tongue.gif

- In some cases I use reverse physcology and PAW against Daniela

- If I'm watching the match and it's tensing up, when the opponent is about to serve I yell "Miss! Miss! Miss!" or something along those lines http://wtaworld.com/ubb/tongue.gif

- Don't vote on polls of "Who You think will Win" or Player 1 vs Player 2 [poll], bla bla (again, this refer to my first point )

- Don't realli talk about the match to anyone (don't wanna jinx or get hopes up)

- Wish Daniela luck in the tourney thread at the Cocktail Party, her good luck thread at the tourney forum and that's it, nothing else on the GM.

martirogi
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:43 AM
every time my fav wins a game i do a lap around my room naked, when they get the set i jump on the bed nakey, if they lose i make a voodoo doll of their beater

beauty_is_pink
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:44 AM
every time my fav wins a game i do a lap around my room naked, when they get the set i jump on the bed nakey, if they lose i make a voodoo doll of their beaterum... :scared: :unsure:

:haha:

shnit.
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:55 AM
When my faves are playing.. especially Daniela's playing ..

- i wont predict scores and same as dont wanna see the predicted scores..
- i wont vote on the who will win thread.. well i did the last time! see what happened :p
- i feel more comfortable when people expect Daniela not to win.. like voting for her on PAWs and Polls .. weird huh?! cause i think they are jinxing her..
- i try jus to wish her luck in one thread..
- i dont follow the scores usually.. i dosconnect from the intenet often..
- i dont make tournie threads on the CP i stoped doin that..
- i pray..
- i dont do bad things the day before she plays!hahaha! when she loses i do horrible things.. haha
- when its live on TV i'll yell ACE!ACE! when the opponent is serving.. to jinx them!haha!

beauty_is_pink
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:00 AM
- i feel more comfortable when people expect Daniela not to win.. like voting for her on PAWs and Polls .. weird huh?! cause i think they are jinxing her..
this is tru. i forgot to add this.
i noticed a trend in PAW
when the majority of people PAW against Daniela, she shows them, and wins her match. when the majority of people PAW for Daniela, expecting her to win, she looses! :bigcry:
it's scaringly tru!

example: mostly everyone PAWed against Daniela vs. Douchevina = Daniela wins, then when those people saw how Daniela could win they PAWed for her against Sharapova = Daniela lost

curses!

shnit.
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:07 AM
this is tru. i forgot to add this.
i noticed a trend in PAW
when the majority of people PAW against Daniela, she shows them, and wins her match. when the majority of people PAW for Daniela, expecting her to win, she looses! :bigcry:
it's scaringly tru!

example: mostly everyone PAWed against Daniela vs. Douchevina = Daniela wins, then when those people saw how Daniela could win they PAWed for her against Sharapova = Daniela lost

curses!
ok! when 10 people had already voted for daniela in the PAW games.. everyone else should vote against her alright?! :p

selking
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:10 AM
I never talk bad about the other player. i am always like o venus is a good player when i want to say god damn bitch.

MinnyGophers
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:12 AM
lol kinda dumb, but I always tear out a piece of paper the day Momo plays, and write "Momo momo momo momo all over it" and then stick it in my pocket.

everytime I did that, she never lost a game ;)

But it takes a while :lol:

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:18 AM
a couple more:
-i find out what time alicia is playing, and when i no she is on court i visualise her winning and kind of try to channel positive energy to her lol :cuckoo: :p
-when im bored at school i write on the back of my bus ticket alicia molik def (whoever shes playing that night) by a certain score then rub it lol

im crazy i no :retard:

bw2082
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:31 AM
I must sit in my chair or else they will lose. I single handedly cost Hingis a couple of US Opens, a French, and an AO and Lindsay this year's Wimbledon and US Open. Sorry, Serena... I was not home to will you to victory during Hand-gate during the 2003 FO and Wimbledon this year... i overslept. And Dementieva... I was trying out the new HD TV downstairs... so sorry all :lol:

rabbit_boi_313
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:08 AM
I'm very superstitious :dance:
before Lena match
~ I wont predict the scoreline
~ I wont vote for any thread "Who will win bla bla bla "
~ Promise to do sth if lena win
Watching Lena match
~ I will sit exactly the same place as last time I sited and Lena win
~ Hold my breath when Lena about to serve

Stamp Paid
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:23 AM
If I'm listening to a song when the match starts or s it progresses, I continue playing the song until the match finishes.

When Elena D. played Jennifer at the USO in the Semis, I played 1 song from the first set to the end of the match.

Vass22
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:43 AM
I never tell them "good luck" in person, when I'm on a tourney.

Lemonskin.
Oct 22nd, 2004, 11:09 AM
For some reason I always think that if I WATCH a match of my fave's thet they'll lose :sad:

Athena
Oct 22nd, 2004, 11:14 AM
i have many superstitions when alicia's playing:

-when the draw first comes out and she has a really bad draw, i dont say its a bad draw until she has actually lost, bcos i dont want to jinx it :p like this week, i could have said her draw sucks but i didnt and she ended up winning :D
-whenever im playing PAW at a tourney where alicia is, my first paw of everyday is always Molik over whoever. i also never choose against her in CAD
-when im playing the race and alicia is playing, my first pick is always alicia
-in the order of play threads, i always devote one post to solely wish alicia luck
i then do another post wishing all my other faves luck
-whenever theres a who will win thread involving alicia, i always say alicia will win, no matter what :devil:
-i used to not like watching her on live scoreboards, bcos the first two times i did she had very bad losses (to nagyova and tanasugarn). this trend was sort of killed when i witnessed her win stockholm and beat dementieva and myskina at the olympics :)
-also, i generally dont say anything negative about her until shes lost in a tourney (unlike another alicia fan :p ). when shes actually lost the claws come out :fiery: :p

does anyone else have superstitions with their faves?

i dont watch a replay :lol: