PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sharapova Top Web Search

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:46 AM
Along with her continued rise on the WTA Tour, Maria Sharapova's popularity continues to climb all across the world, including the world wide web.
"Maria Sharapova" was the top searched term on the KaZaZZ! Personalized Search Engine during the week ending October 10, 2004, the company announced on Tuesday.

Sharapova beat out other searched terms such as Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson, New York Yankees, New England Patriots, Christina Aguilera, Tiger Woods, Alicia Keys and Usher for the top spot. Woods was the top searched term on KaZaZZ! the week before Sharapova moved to the top position.

KaZaZZ! is a media and technology company headquartered in Addison, Texas. The KaZaZZ! Personalized Search Engine features web, news, shopping, mp3 and picture search utilities.

KaZaZZ! releases its top 10 searches at the beginning of each week.

from http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5589_rx.asp

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:46 AM
not a good sign....i remember kournikova won a similar award :scared:

Marcus1979
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:49 AM
Sharapova has already done more than Kournikova ever did in Singles.

Won titles
Won a Singles Grand Slam

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:57 AM
i no
but im just saying she might be starting to go down the hollywood track and stop concentrating on her tennis, like anna k did

Sugiyama=#1
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:58 AM
With a Wimbledon crown, she wont mind.

Dan23
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:05 AM
i no
but im just saying she might be starting to go down the hollywood track and stop concentrating on her tennis, like anna k did
..but really what do internet searches have to do with anything??
Theres no way this will distract her from anything - I wouldnt think she could care less about this..

Volcana
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:04 AM
Amazing. A religious nut case has his finger on the button to start World War III, and the top searches are Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson, New York Yankees, New England Patriots, Christina Aguilera, Tiger Woods, Alicia Keys and Usher.

That is FUCKED up.

Mr_Molik
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:09 AM
..but really what do internet searches have to do with anything??
Theres no way this will distract her from anything - I wouldnt think she could care less about this..
im not saying that this specific thing will distract her at all, im just drawing the parallel between her and anna k who won a similiar thing shortly before retiring

Shooter
Oct 22nd, 2004, 05:13 AM
Maria's popularity is a good thing for her and tennis. What she does with it is entirely up to her.

By the way, the hit statistics on my various web sites confirm Maria's popularity. I have about 15 different sites which have been getting a total of around 100,000 hits a week lately. The site that has pics of Maria is consistently getting a little over half of the hits. So that's around 60,000 hits a week for Maria. After that my next busiest site gets between 10,000 and 15,000 hits a week.

No doubt about it. Maria is a public relations phenom.

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Misc/Shooter.jpg

10nisfanofruz
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:20 AM
i no
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that Maria will stop concentrating on her tennis soon because I heard she kept saying that tennis is her priority and off court jobs are just her hobby. :worship: It is ok for her to be normal teenager sometimes. :lick:

DevilishAttitude
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Amazing. A religious nut case has his finger on the button to start World War III, and the top searches are Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson, New York Yankees, New England Patriots, Christina Aguilera, Tiger Woods, Alicia Keys and Usher.

That is FUCKED up.

:rolleyes:
Not everyone wants to think about the bad things of the world
Who the hell wants to search for George Bush, Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden (oh wait a minute they still are :lol: )

I think everyone wants to think about good instead of bad :)

*kaz*
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:59 PM
True. The Maria hype does become more and more like Anna every day. But, I'm watching Maria now against Venus. She still looks like a slam winner, even though this is her first tier I in ages. She also still looks very focused on tennis. I don't think her tennis career will end up like Anna's.