PDA

View Full Version : "Maria Beats another Williams"

Veegeta
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:41 PM
There's no error in saying Venus hasn't produced her normal results this year although I believe she is getting better with each tourny. A hiccup is excusable for anybody at anytime. Its even easy for me to say that she's on a comeback trail, but despite her abnormal results can you imagine the hype that Maria will get if she beats Vee tomorrow I can see the headlines now "Wimbledon champ Maria Sharapova beats 2 time Wimbledon champ Williams for title" or something like "Maria takes Williams spotlight" all this is laughable to me but rest assured some idiot will write it. It doesn’t even matter that its not Serena hell she can play Oracene and they won't mention her first name.....again laughable.

Do you guys have any probable headlines? If she wins I Mr.Cleo predict many stupid threads as usual and over exaggerated statement from press and fans alike.

and Please Maria fans I'm not a hater of Maria I'm just saying that her press will take it overboard. I think she's a good player that can go really far with more experience and practice.

Marcus1979
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:45 PM
a lot of players have beaten Venus this year and no outrageous headlines have come out.

When Venus lost to Bovina in Moscow the headline was something like "Williams Upset"