PDA

View Full Version : Elena D vs Ai?

DEETHELICK
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:04 PM
Who do you think will win?

Ai is a very compact player, takes the ball early, moves very well and just hustles brilliantly. She can hit with pace, but her game is all about counter punching.

Elena is a GS contender. Has been playing well, but can have inconsistent lapses. Great power and speed are her assets.

I think Ai's form hasn't been so hot on the indoor circuit, whilst Elena has a title and finalist berth.

I hope for (and expect) Elena to come through in two solid sets like 6-4 6-4.

Good luck Elena, play focused and consistent tennis! :)

Lemonskin.
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:08 PM
Go Lena D!!!

Lena to win 6-0 7-5 :D

pcrtennis
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:22 PM
Ai will win 7-6, 7-5!! Ai has beaten her before and is in good form now in this tourney....Dementieva has been playing a ton lately and will tire in their match! GO AI!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is your match!

ex hopman
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:39 AM
Ai has good stats against her doubles (former) partners. *grin*

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:54 AM
Dementieva!!

Good Luck!!

Veritas
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
This is an interesting match. Both can be awesome when they're at their best, but they can also be a pain to watch when they're game isn't on par. Whatever. I'll still pick Elena to come out as the winner, judging by how well she's done recently, but her Filderstadt-disaster can come back at any time and it won't do her any favours against Ai.

but her game is all about counter punching.

Please take a little more time to think when posting such things. Ai's game isn't "all" about counter-punching. If it was, she would never have had such a strong doubles-career, won two Tier-II titles or reached a career-high #8 in the singles rankings. She has a pretty good backhand - a lot of topspin - plus Ai can run down a lot of amazing shots. In short, she's not necessarily a one-dimensional player.

Daniel
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:20 AM
Dementieva in 2 sets :D

Chunchun
Oct 22nd, 2004, 10:13 AM
LenaD in easy 2 :D :bowdown:

PLZZZ lena!

Greenout
Oct 22nd, 2004, 11:38 AM
I didn't even realize she was into the final 8. Ai hasn't been
playing well. Ai does then to utilize all her insider knowledge
about players whom she plays doubles with, so there's a big
chance of an upset.

DEETHELICK
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
Please take a little more time to think when posting such things. Ai's game isn't "all" about counter-punching. If it was, she would never have had such a strong doubles-career, won two Tier-II titles or reached a career-high #8 in the singles rankings. She has a pretty good backhand - a lot of topspin - plus Ai can run down a lot of amazing shots. In short, she's not necessarily a one-dimensional player.
Maybe I needed to rephrase. Against Elena, Ai will mainly be counter punching, simply because Elena is more aggressive and hits bigger. That is exactly what happened today.