PDA

View Full Version : Kim and Justine......no TIER 1 titles???

THE NET
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Well, just to mention.......

Kim and Justine....

They have never won any TIER 1 tournaments!

I just kind of getting bored hearing news about ANNA K. with no titles.....

Kim and Justine are both in TOP 10 but they have never won any tier 1 tournements....

Especially Justine......all her singles titles are not even TIER 2's !!!

OH......Anna....you'd better play TIER 3 events then!! :o

moby
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:20 AM
i'd pay a tier 1 title to get to a slam final

turt
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Maybe they never won Tier 1 titles but last year, they both did a Grand Slam Final, and Kim did a Tier I final while Justine retired due tu injury in a Tier I SF...

THE NET
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:30 AM
There is a huge gap between.....the RUNNER UP and the Champion of the Grand slam events!!

Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario said....nobody remembers who is the runner up! They (the audiences) only know the Champion. She said this because she always be the RUNNER UP! :sad:

I'm not attacking Kim and Justine.....but I just want to mention!!

SORRY GUYSSS....it's the fact!!

:o

moby
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:33 AM
well there are 9 tier 1 winners every year
but only 4 slam losing finalists
only 8 people get to play in a slam final every year!!!

THE NET
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:38 AM
That sounds reasonable for being have never won any tier 1 tournaments for Kim and Justine!!

very reasonable!!!

:angel:

turt
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Actually, I don't understand what your point is...

do you want all the Kim & Juju fans against you?

What do you want to say? That Kournikova is better than the Belgian girls? So what?

morbidangle
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Nicely put!

thefreedesigner
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Of course, The Net, you are correct... but I'm not exactly sure what the point you're making is?

If the point is that Daniela did a very special thing last night, then you're absolutely right! :)

But some of the things that Kim and Justine have done are special too! If you're saying that either or both Kim and Justine are over-hyped because they've gotten to a GS final but not won a Tier I event, then maybe you could try turning that particular statment around... and see what happens!

THE NET
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:49 AM
I just want to praise them with their RANKING!!!

Don't be serious!!

:p

turt
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Hum you should have put some smilies :p

aura of daniela
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:57 AM
The net, it's obvious you dont rate Justine and Kim to highly, as you think they will fall out of the top players before any other for Daniela to get in.
Check the other thread hey.

hehehe
Simon V

THE NET
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:04 AM
aura of daniela

Do you want me to say.....VENUS or SERENA WILLIAMS???

Martina Hingis?

OH ...no way

;)

Come-on-kim
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by THE NET
There is a huge gap between.....the RUNNER UP and the Champion of the Grand slam events!!

Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario said....nobody remembers who is the runner up! They (the audiences) only know the Champion. She said this because she always be the RUNNER UP! :sad:

I'm not attacking Kim and Justine.....but I just want to mention!!

SORRY GUYSSS....it's the fact!!

Excuse me but nobody will forget this super third set in RG final!!

12-10 for Capriati!!

Don't forget that Kim is only 18 years old!! Like Daniela and that she'll win Grand Slams and Tier I events!! Don't worry about it!!

Perhaps not this year, because she's injured but she will, she's a great champion!!

Perhaps, Kim will be out of the Top-10 but it'll be because she won't play a lot of tournaments and because she won't defend her points due to her injury!!!

Kournikova is a great player but not a great champion I think!!!!

irma
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Kim reached at least the quarters of the last 4 grand slams if that`s isn`t a great achievement for a 18 year old then you don`t have a clue!

turt
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:50 AM
And what about Justine? 1 final, 1 SF, 1 QF and 3 4R in the last 6 Grand Slams...

If you take into account the last 6 slams, Juju and Capriati are the only players to have played them all, AND were not ousted before 4th round!

Isn't it a great achievement?

Brαm
Mar 17th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Well said Turt! The Net obviously doesn't know what he's talking about!

Kim & Justine didn't reach the WTA top-5 for free you know!

Come-on-kim
Mar 17th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Kim defeated a lot of Top-10 players : have a look

Kim Clijsters defeated Martina Hingis 6-2 2-6 6-1

Kim Clijsters never defeated Venus, Serena, Jennifer, Monica

Kim Clijsters defeated Lindsay Davenport 6-4 6-7 6-1

Kim Clijsters defeated Justine Henin (so many times in 2001 and 2002)

Kim Clijsters defeated Jelena Dokic 6-4 6-2 (+ other victories over Jelena)

Kim Clijsters defeated Mauresmo 3-0 ret.

Mazza
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:02 PM
There is a huge gap between.....the RUNNER UP and the Champion of the Grand slam events!! :o

Errrrr?? who was 2 POINTS away from the FO title............
I agree with what everyone has said, they have both achived so much in such a short space of time and they are still young and have plently of time to develop

gokimmie
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:10 PM
I don't know what to say,the people before me have said it really well.......you are soooo wrong,and she'll prove you wrong,just wait and see.........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

angele87
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Yeah I pretty much agree with what eveyone, with the exception of the net, said in here... yeah you have a point that Kim (and Justine) never won a Tier 1 but what exactly is your point in saying that?? They're still both awesome players!!

Brαm
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Well said, Kim's and Justine's fans :)

Come-on-kim
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by bram_born84
Well said, Kim's and Justine's fans :)

Bram, we are good advocate!!! :wavey: :bounce: :bounce:

Brαm
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Hey Axel :wavey:

Yep, nobody starts messing with our Belgian babes :bounce:

Philip
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Kournikova is a great player but not a great champion I think!!!!

Go Anna ;)

turt
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Your avatar's smile is quite scary, Philip ;)

Sofiane
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:22 PM
And so what?
Jelena Dokic won 2 tier 1 last year! is she better too?

disposablehero
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Kim was two points from winning Roland Garros. If she had, she would have been ranked #1 at the end of this January. Kim has SEVERAL Tier II titles, and she beat Lindsay on US Hardcourt to get one of them.

monicain
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:14 PM
I myself am very fond of Henin's backhand and always wish she go far in every event.I love her style and want s/o to add in my grasscourt players list. But I do have to say that I think she's just a flash.A flash that will burn out soon or else become smaller. She had a smart scheduling of playing those tierIIIs and won them.I would say that final is just a fluke,I mean that period it's her time.
Let see after grass season if she can survive in top 10.

For Kim, ok she's strong, she near the crown of RG, she had big events good results.But all I can say is that you cannot deny the fact that she doesn't belong to top 5 which is for: Vee Marti Jenn Lindsey and Monica unrespectively. Me too cant stand the way she stands at No. 3 coz she's not that good.Not at all. Her result as No#1 seed at IW may reflect some truth.

Come-on-kim
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by monicain
I myself am very fond of Henin's backhand and always wish she go far in every event.I love her style and want s/o to add in my grasscourt players list. But I do have to say that I think she's just a flash.A flash that will burn out soon or else become smaller. She had a smart scheduling of playing those tierIIIs and won them.I would say that final is just a fluke,I mean that period it's her time.
Let see after grass season if she can survive in top 10.

For Kim, ok she's strong, she near the crown of RG, she had big events good results.But all I can say is that you cannot deny the fact that she doesn't belong to top 5 which is for: Vee Marti Jenn Lindsey and Monica unrespectively. Me too cant stand the way she stands at No. 3 coz she's not that good.Not at all. Her result as No#1 seed at IW may reflect some truth.

Kim is a very good player, how can you say this!!! I think in the top-2 you must have Serena, Venus who are build like men!! but after I think Kim diserved her ranking!!

The questions to ask is why did Kim lose in IW?? Because she had a ear and sinus infection, because it was her first match after tha Australian Open and because she had to play against a great player which is Nathalie Dechy (Don't forget Nathalie made the semis in Scottsdale and that she already had to play a match before meeting Kim!!!! I think if Kim had played another player for her first round and in the second Nathalie Dechy, Kim would have won!!!

RAA
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:34 PM
well, I have to say I was surprised when I read this thread that Kim and Justine have never won a tier 1 event. But, having said that, I think their rankings surely are justified. Both had a hell of a year in 2001, especially Kim. I think Kim is the real deal. I look forward to her getting healthy. I'm not sure about Henin, but she's certainly a top 5ish player I think.
Also, sometimes there is not much difference between a Tier 1 and Tier 2 event. With the players playing here and there, sometimes the field at a tier 2 is stronger than the field at a tier 1.
ruth in philly pa usa

KINGLIRE
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:37 PM
In kim and jelas most recent meeting jelena won 7-5 6-4 :bounce: :wavey:

by the way when will kim be back from injury

The Crow
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:45 PM
You're right they never won a Tier I and you're also slightly right that that is kind of a miss for top 5 (top 10) players.

But, they certainly deserved and still deserve their ranking based purely on Grand Slams. So saying that they can only gain points at low tier tourneys is bullshit.

And another thing, if Kim gets her level back from the end of 2001 it won't be long before she'll win a Tier 1/GS and it won't be her only one either ;)

THE NET
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:21 PM
I love what monicain wrote.....

Well, I don't want to overestimate them but, on the other hand, I don't want to underestimate them.

I agree with monicain about their ranking......too high....

sorry guys

Josh
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Funny, you think their ranking is too high but who should be ranked ahead of them then? The players that are better at this time are ranked above them so I don't see how they are ranked too high.

Legends
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:33 PM
do you want all the Kim & Juju fans against you?

hey, as a new comer to this board, could someone educate me on the politics of fans?

it seems to me that this forum is beginning to replicate real life
where alliances are made and broken and the truth gets buried.

so please go on, turt
'who to annoy and who not to'?

Infiniti2001
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:33 PM
I think in the top-2 you must have Serena, Venus who are build like men!! but after I think Kim diserved her ranking!!

How did this become about Venus and Serena??? What man walks around with the T &A and that tiny waist that Serena has anyway?? and how could you say that she and her sister are built like men??? :rolleyes::fiery:

Come-on-kim
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:01 PM
I love what monicain wrote.....

Well, I don't want to overestimate them but, on the other hand, I don't want to underestimate them.

I agree with monicain about their ranking......too high....

sorry guys

They diserved their rankings!!!!

WHERE ARE THE OTHERS KIM AND JUSTINE FANS?????

Mazza
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Can I just point out that Kim is accually YOUNGER than Daniela, she accually the 2nd youngest on the tour so if you look at what she has achived in such a short space of time, it's quite impressive....I really cant stand it when people bash them just because they havent won any major titles yet doesn't mean they are not going to in fact they are going to this year....Yeah ok they havent been playing great with Kim having an Injury and Justine going through a bit of a loss in form stage but don't all players go though that?!

tfannis
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Here's a fan! :wavey:

Well, I just would let this thread die, you know...

Kim and Justine are where they are, because they deserved it. They didn't win a Tier 1...so what? They are very good at the Slams and they win against most lower-ranked players. Kim's result at this years IW means nothing; she was ill and rusty; she has her arm-problem and maybe she looses this week, but she'll be back at the top when she's recovered; she's just too good. And Justine has some mental slumps from time to time, but she'll be ok eventually.

Don't mind what the others say; Justine and Kim are THE BEST!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

irma
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Kim was number 3 because she had great results over the last year but of course she has 1 bad loss and so she isn`t a good player, but he what`s new! Afterall she is also the player who would never win a match on clay in her whole career because she totally sucked on it and she would also never be able to compete with Lindsay after wimbledon so I guess her dislikers should go on about how bad she is, Kim is very good in proving them wrong :cool:

graf630
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:27 PM
something to think about: Kim lost to Serena last year, Daniela won against whom this year?A slumping Hingis. Who played the tougher match??

Daniela will be a solid player I think, but Kim is also a very solid player,both at a young age. I think they will both be in the top 10 for years to come.
:)

Come-on-kim
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by irma
Kim was number 3 because she had great results over the last year but of course she has 1 bad loss and so she isn`t a good player, but he what`s new! Afterall she is also the player who would never win a match on clay in her whole career because she totally sucked on it and she would also never be able to compete with Lindsay after wimbledon so I guess her dislikers should go on about how bad she is, Kim is very good in proving them wrong :cool:

You're right!!! Thanks!!!!

Dokicfan17
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Kim and Justine havent won tier 1's but do you know who has?

My favorite, JELENA DOKIC!!

Moscow Kremlin Cup & Rome!! and tokyo ( not tier 1)

Good Luck Jelena!!

THE NET
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:43 PM
I hate the WTA ranking. The ranking depends on how smart-schduling the players did....not with their best results!

Come-on-kim
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:07 PM
I hate the WTA ranking. The ranking depends on how smart-schduling the players did....not with their best results!

Ho no, a player can play all the tournaments she wants, they only take the 17 best results!!!

irma
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Grand slams are the tournaments were you get most points and there is no doubt Kim is 3th or 4th when you call 1 first round and a semi(martina) higher as 2 quarters!

Hermione
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:33 PM
When you think about it some of the players who have won tier 1 titles have had a much easier draw than Kim has when she's won tier 2 titles.
Just look at Jelena's path to winning Moscow. Then look at Kim's path to winning Stanford-you really have to put it in perspective.
Also, when Kim made the finals at IW she beat Hingis who was then the world number one which must have pretty daunting. She then also managed to take a set off Serena and remember when Kim made the final she was only 17 which means the amount of tournaments she was allowed to play was restricted while (no respect to Daniela-she did a great job) Daniela was 18. It also can't have been easy to have a 0-4 record against Davenport and just come off 2 crushing defeats by her to go and beat her in the Stanford final.

kimclijsters4ever
Mar 18th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Hermione
When you think about it some of the players who have won tier 1 titles have had a much easier draw than Kim has when she's won tier 2 titles.
Just look at Jelena's path to winning Moscow. Then look at Kim's path to winning Stanford-you really have to put it in perspective.
Also, when Kim made the finals at IW she beat Hingis who was then the world number one which must have pretty daunting. She then also managed to take a set off Serena and remember when Kim made the final she was only 17 which means the amount of tournaments she was allowed to play was restricted while (no respect to Daniela-she did a great job) Daniela was 18. It also can't have been easy to have a 0-4 record against Davenport and just come off 2 crushing defeats by her to go and beat her in the Stanford final.

I couldn't say it better !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Hermione :)

Infiniti2001
Mar 18th, 2002, 10:48 PM
I came in here to respond to this thread earlier although I am by no means a fan of Kim or Justine. Anyway, how much do you want to bet that the author is one of those fans who jumps on the bandwagon of only players who win???

If Hantuchova is so good, how come she's just grazing the top 29 at (almost) the age of 19? Even without winning a Tier 1 , to me both Kim and Justine have done better that she has considering their ages :P

angele87
Mar 18th, 2002, 11:30 PM
:wavey: :wavey: to all Kim and Justine fans!!

I agree with what all of you said. The rankins, as much as some of you *cough* would like to deny it, the rankings do not lie... you can't be in the top 5 simply because of good luck. And although I am a huge fan of Kim, I agree that she is not up there with Jennifer and Venus, at least right now, but who should replace Kim in the top five?? As for Justine, she has hit a rough patch right now but like with Kim, she didn't get to the top ten by change... she earned her ranking!! And I also think it's unfair to say that Daniela is better than Justine and Kim just because she won a Tier 1... wait a while to make those claims. For all we know she won't ever win a title again, ok not likely but it could happen, you never know... anyways to make a long story short,

KIM AND JUSTINE ARE GREAT PLAYERS!

~|Naomi|~
Mar 19th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Okay I've never posted here before but I've read some a fair bit. I know that none of you know me but I just wanted to say that I don't think that it is fair to criticise Kim. Yeah Daniela won IW that is great for her and all her supporters but did Daniela come out in her press conference and say hey Kim and Justine have never won a tier 1 so that makes me better or that their rankings aren't justified no she did not. So I don't think it is right for you to make that connection between three highly talented champions. I mean Kim definately deserves her ranking you just have to look at her results to see that it is justified.

RG Final 2001
Aus SF 2002
Fed cup winner
Stanford winner 2001
Leipzig winner 2001/02
Luxembourg winner 2001/1999 ( in 1999 she did coming through qulaies as a 16 yo)
Rosmalen RU 2002
Sydney SF 2002
Wimbledon US QF 2001
IW final 2001
Wimbledon 1999 ( qualified made 4th round defeating Amand Coetzer along the way this was all in the same year as her mothers illness.)
Filderstadt RU 2000

And I've probably missed out heaps but you just have to listen to Billie Jean King who commentated on Channel 7 Australin during the Australian Open she called Kim a future number 1. And admitted that during the Venus/Daniela match that that was the first match of Daniela's she'd actually sat down to watch!

Okay I don't want to make any enemies here on this board but I just had to make ny feelings heard

gentenaire
Mar 19th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Actually, I think that #5 ranking is right for Kim. She has the ability to beat the players ranked above her but as yet not consistently.

My worry is that due to her injury, Kim will lose a lot of points.

I think that if you asked a player what they'd prefer, being a grand slam runner-up or a tier I winner, they'd all reply the former.
For most people there are still only two types of tournaments, grand slams and the rest. Most people have never heard of Indian Wells or the other tier Is. But everyone knows Wimbledon, Roland Garros, US open and the Australian Open. I think Jelena Dokic is better known for her Wimbledon performance than for her Tier I titles.

monicain
Mar 19th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Tine
Actually, I think that #5 ranking is right for Kim. She has the ability to beat the players ranked above her but as yet not consistently.

Oops...really?

Clijsters : Vee 0-1
Clijsters : Hingis 1-4
Clijsters : Capriati 0-3
Clijsters : Lindsey 1-5

more...

Clijsters : Seles 0-2
Clijsters : Serena 0-4
Clijsters : Dokic 2-2
Clijsters : Mauresmo 1-1

I can't see that " ability " at all.
maybe she'd better stay at #9;) #5 is absolutely not where she belong

Tennisace
Mar 19th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Well there are 9 Tier I events, Kim only plays like 4 of them (Indian, Miami, Rome, Berlin).

tfannis
Mar 19th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Looking at those stats...why #9? Why not #7?

Kim will beat them in the future...besides Venus, her last matches against those you mentioned were close...she just needs that little more experience...she's only 18!

if she recovers from her serious injury...she'll be one of the 'elite'-group...top 5 material :)

The Crow
Mar 19th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Well if you can't see that ability than you must be blind

Mazza
Mar 19th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by monicain

Oops...really?

Clijsters : Vee 0-1
Clijsters : Hingis 1-4
Clijsters : Capriati 0-3
Clijsters : Lindsey 1-5

more...

Clijsters : Seles 0-2
Clijsters : Serena 0-4
Clijsters : Dokic 2-2
Clijsters : Mauresmo 1-1

I can't see that " ability " at all.
maybe she'd better stay at #9;) #5 is absolutely not where she belong

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Give the girl a break...she is only 18 and only been on the tour for nearly 3 years.....

THE NET
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:15 PM
OK...she (KIM) is 18...then what????

What about Martina when she was 16?

Well, we'll see!!!

Wish all the best to KIM's FANS.....

Brαm
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:20 PM
That :o-smiley really annoys me, THE NET

Josh
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:35 PM
The comparison with Martina Hingis isn't valid. Hingis came on the tour when she was 14 and didn't have to deal with age restriction rules. Kim came on the tour when she was 16 and could only play a limited schedule until she was 18. Yet she managed to get in the top ten in about the same time as Martina needed.

THE NET
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Sorry for that.... :o

:kiss:

gentenaire
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:39 PM
You can prove anything you want with stats.

The truth is that Kim has often pushed those top players to the end. Very often it was very difficult to decide who deserved to win in those matches. Kim with a little more experience would have beaten Jennifer. The last match between Kim and Lindsay could have gone either way. Every time Kim lacked just that tiny little bit of experience to win the match. So yes, I do think Kim is cabable of beating them, no matter what the stats say.

Fedcup
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Only Grand Slams really count.

You may win 10 Tier 1 tournements but if you won't do well in a GS (reaching at least SF) people (except the hard-core fans) won't know you well.

What Justine did last year is in my ways a great performance. Losing SF of french open. We all now how close she was to the final. Most players would have a mental break down. But she prooved at Wimbledon she's worth to be in top ten. She beat Jennifer in half-final (which was a great performance) to reach the final.
The Grand Slams are the only tournemants that count to me. The others are just to keep us, hardcore fans happy.
It's only on the GS that all players (expect those with injuries) are present. All players should be in top condition also on these tournemants. You just can't be in top form the whole year. So in my ways it's more difficult to beat the real top players on the top tournies. And that's what Justine did. She beat Jennifer in a semi-final of a GS.

So to keep it short :wavey:
Performing at the top with the top is TOPSPORT. Only GS counts. You said it perfectly by stating "they haven't won tier I tournies."

I say "she hasn't (but I know she will,all respect to Daniella, it's just to make a point) reached the semis of a GS" because this last statement ,as I said before , is a bigger performance in this sport

Juju_fan
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:42 PM
FedCup: you are totally right.

I would add: Justine beat Jennifer Capriati, who had won the 2 PREVIOUS SLAMS, and has only lost to Venus Williams (SF USO) in the 2 FOLLOWING SLAMS!

So if that's not a really great performance, then what is it?

I think most players on tour would rather have achieved this instead of winning an Tier I tournament...

DiZZiA
Mar 21st, 2002, 01:53 AM
I'm sure Kim can make one!!! Not sure about Justine at the moment....

I really think the winning of Daniela Hantuchova at a Tier 1 event as her first singles career title really put up a strong statement in the WTA!!! Not just the two young Belgium talents, but the two Russian beauties Anna Kournikova and Elena Dementieva who have yet winning a singles title must be wondering what to do next...????? :rolleyes:

Oizo
Mar 21st, 2002, 11:05 AM
They will soon win one ;) and maybe it will be in Miami these days :D :wavey: :cool:

THE NET
Mar 21st, 2002, 11:22 AM
I don't know what to say more. The statistic counts....

.....You can run...... you can hide...but you can't escape the TRUTH!!! :eek:

Kim maybe your god !!! But we have to accpet the truth.:angel:

And there is no need to tell you the truth!!

:cool:

The Crow
Mar 21st, 2002, 12:39 PM
I can't speak for the others, but Kim is certainly not my God. And talking statistics, well Kim is the number 5 of the world, and that's the statistic you don't agree with. Double standards maybe?

O and btw, the colors you use are not readible on the dark background....

Juju_fan
Mar 21st, 2002, 02:33 PM
Oh and BTW, SWISSAIR SUCKS :( :( :( :(
This company has "stolen" billions of Euro to Belgium...

THE NET, are you a "Belgium hater"? :mad: :fiery:

THE NET
Mar 21st, 2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Juju_fan
Oh and BTW, SWISSAIR SUCKS :( :( :( :(
This company has "stolen" billions of Euro to Belgium...

THE NET, are you a "Belgium hater"? :mad: :fiery:

I know about Swiss air and Sabena.....I feel so sad for both airlines. :sad:

I don't hate Belgium. I will also go there soon! :eek:

My opinion is about tennis....only tennis...nothing more.

;)

monicain
Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:02 AM
I love Belgium...a very good small country with a chocolate shop every corners!
And I love their streets, they're cover with blocks-such a pretty idea with a classic appearance.
But 1 thing I don't know is, what the Mennakin-piece is stand for. I visited there but still have no idea. Maybe some belge can tell me...:confused:

tiger
Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:09 AM
is it such important that you have won a tier 1?
justine was in a grand slam final so she can´t be such bad or?

In my opinion its not such important that you won tier 1 tournaments! Important is the RANKING!!!
and there she can complain or?

so justine will go her way and i am sure that she will win a tier 1 soon!

:rolleyes:

irma
Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:12 AM
yeah I wonder too, where manneke pies stands for! maybe it`s their freedomstatue!;)

THE NET
Mar 22nd, 2002, 11:26 AM
Freedon to PEE wherever you want to???..hehehe

:eek:

gokimmie
Mar 22nd, 2002, 11:37 AM
the net,you're really starting to piss me off with your stupid insinuations!you've done nothing but stured trouble with this stupid stupid thread!!!
you can say bad things about any player if you want to play it like that!
your life must be so boring if you like these kind of thing....
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what do you other kim fans think?;) ;) ;)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :confused:

THE NET
Mar 22nd, 2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by gokimmie
the net,you're really starting to piss me off with your stupid insinuations!you've done nothing but stured trouble with this stupid stupid thread!!!
you can say bad things about any player if you want to play it like that!
your life must be so boring if you like these kind of thing....
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what do you other kim fans think?;) ;) ;)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :confused:

Thanks for telling me. I appreciate.

I don't think it's a stupid to post my idea. And I don't want to use that word (stupid) back to you. You might be (somehow) so crazy with your favourite players......that's ok.

But I only want to post my idea and my thought here. I don't come to the webboard just to attack players I hate or protect players I like.....that's not my job and it's absolutely NON-SENSE and STUPID
;)

gokimmie
Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:06 PM
don't you play the innocent soul here........;)
Saying something like that about a player who whas so succesfull and currently injured is just so ...??????????????I like kim very much,and like i said reading your post pissed me off but that does'nt mean i can't be fair......she had a great run last year,in all the slams,al least qf,she's been on the tour for just three years!!!!!!and all of a sudden because daniella has one big succes(with all the respect,but that is NOTHING like Kim's past year), you find the need to critisize her like that??????WHY WHY WHY???????
He sorry i i was al little mad earlier,but i just think you ar not beeing fare!!!???
this is nothing personal against you at all.....

gokimmie
Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:11 PM
oh and by the way,"protecting"Kim is NOT at all the only reason why i come to this board;)

minboy
Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:28 PM
for monicain and irma, from www.trabel.com :

New York has the statue of libert, Copenhagen has the mermaid and Brussels has the.....Manneken-Pis!
This statue of a little boy in a somewhat compromising position has since several centuries been a major tourist attraction in the city. When most people see our 'manneken', the first reaction is always one of amazement : "Look, how small he is! WHy does everybody want to see him?" . The people of Brussels, however, accept him the way he is. After all, it doesn't have to be big to be beautiful. IMagine he would be the size of the statue of liberty : BRussels would be continuously flooded!

Nobody actually knows why the manneken is there. He is believed to be monthing more than a decoration on top of a fountain, where people in the MIddle-Ages came to get fresh water. Already in the 15th century a fountain called "manneken-pis" existed in the Stoofstraat/rue de l'étuve. The official origin can be traced back to the 13th of AUgust 1619 when the city ordored the sculptor Jérôme Dusquenoy to make a new bronze statue of Manneken-Pis to replace an old and whitered one. DUring the course of the centuries our little manneken has often been hidden to protect him against bombs of invading armies. HE has also been stolen several times by plundering soldiers and even by citizens of Geraardsbergen,a city in Flanders that claims to possess the oldest statue of a peeying boy in Belgium.

There are many legends about the Manneken. According to one of them a little boy had watered against the door of a witch who lived where the fountain now stands. THe witch was so angry that she turned the little boy into a statue. Another legend says that a man had lost his little son. HE found the child after two days near the place where now the foutain of manneken-pis can be seen. When the father spotted his child, the latter was peing. AS a token of gratitude the father had foutain with a peeying boy constructed. THere is also another legend who says that a little boy prevented BRussels from destruction when he pee on the of a bomb that was going to explode in the center of the city, during the spanish invasion in the 16th century

monicain
Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:38 PM
Merci beaucoup, je pense qu'il est assez jolie en soyant petit!