PDA

View Full Version : Venus just prove that she is baaaaaaaack

heartBREAKeRS
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:58 PM
wow.. the macth beteewn Ana, show that she is in her form again.. soo happy, venus was down with 3 set ball in the second set, and in the first there soo much drama that I didnīt count, I just prayed for Venus :p , and buddha heard my cry" LOL".. soo happy... go venus, love U :kiss: :kiss: .. wasnīt she great, what a great player she is. By the way that girl also very good, damn she was like imposiply to beat, by venus overpower her..YES.. venus just made my day :wavey: :bounce: :bounce: :drool:

SerenaSlam
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:06 PM
wow.. the macth beteewn Ana, show that she is in her form again.. soo happy, venus was down with 3 set ball in the second set, and in the first there soo much drama that I didnīt count, I just prayed for Venus :p , and buddha heard my cry" LOL".. soo happy... go venus, love U :kiss: :kiss: .. wasnīt she great, what a great player she is. By the way that girl also very good, damn she was like imposiply to beat, by venus overpower her..YES.. venus just made my day :wavey: :bounce: :bounce: :drool:
i don't know if she played so well that she is back. this gurl may have played a great match. but i take to note that the old venus of 2000 and 2001 would have taken her out 6-3 6-2. i think her fighting spirit was back. but they say the level of play from Ana was amazing. but again i dunno how venus played. so i think these "tough" ones are starting to push venus to get back in her top form, and keep her top form there. that is why i don't think sharapova is gonna trouble her. she cruzed in her first match, and had a young one come out and give her all she could handle. the "will" in her came out, and she has to be feeling good.

tennnisfannn
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:08 PM
How many times has this thread been started this year?

Just because she has a good victory doesn't mean the "old Venus" is back, just like when she loses, it doesn't mean she should retire.Once upon a time I thought the same, but this year I have learnt to chersh every win by Venus, nothing comes easy to her anymore.

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:10 PM
Some may scoff because Ivanovic is
a qualifier but, this girl is the real deal!!!

The commentators said this was a great match for
Venus because she was forced to raise her level
and what a match it really was!

Damn, I wish I had this match on tape!!! :p

Venus saved so many set points
and never lost heart and fought!

cool bird
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:13 PM
Venus Williams is no where near being back. The Venus of the first 4 or 5 games is the old Venus Williams. Ana played a great match I dont want to take anything away from her. But
Venus made to many UFE at the wrong times and should have walked off the court 2 and 2. It was nice to see Venus putting up a fight and proving that she wants to be out on the tennis court.

But in terms of being back to her best still a way to go.

But keep playing matches Venus and it will start to come back

Đ@ŪeLess
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Ana is amazing :banana:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:15 PM
beating a player rank way below is not exciting as it seems!!!! and to mention the scoreline.

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:16 PM
Venus Williams is no where near being back. The Venus of the first 4 or 5 games is the old Venus Williams. Ana played a great match I dont want to take anything away from her. But
Venus made to many UFE at the wrong times and should have walked off the court 2 and 2. It was nice to see Venus putting up a fight and proving that she wants to be out on the tennis court.

But in terms of being back to her best still a way to go.

But keep playing matches Venus and it will start to come back

I agree.

AShe's no where near the form we all know
she can be but, we did see glimpses!

I'm so happy because neither girl lost that fight,
Venus had to really play and was pushed and dug deep
as they said and really found something there.

I agree, if she can just keep going like this
when she isn't totally on her game, she will be getting there.

Stay healthy and well Venus! :)

Infiniti2001
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:36 PM
beating a player rank way below is not exciting as it seems!!!! and to mention the scoreline.

fuck off hypocrite :rolleyes: your tune would be different if your fav were in the same predicament. :tape:

Dawn Marie
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:38 PM
Venus beat a hot player who wants to prove something in a thrilling fashion. This is a great start to venus getting back to her old level. I still have to see how this Ana girls plays on a regular basis. Anyone with a rank can play a great match on any given day, but it is too soon to say imho if she is going to be the real deal.

Great match win Venus Williams:):)

DevilishAttitude
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:41 PM
Venus isn't back has I don't think the Venus of 2000-02 would have been taken to 2 tiebreaks against 16 year old newcomer

But Venus didn't allow Ana into the match Ana forced herself in and Venus had just enough at the end to win :angel:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:42 PM
fuck off hypocrite :rolleyes: your tune would be different if your fav were in the same predicament. :tape:
Who's hypocrite??? I have read this kind of thread already a hundred times, when she won early rounds and then folding up in the quarters or semis.

Get real!!!!! Is she really back????? 7-6 7-6????? a player in what rank??? and mind u this could be the first big match of Ana.:confused:

harloo
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:48 PM
Go Venus!!! Keep fighting and taking names new and old. I am just so happy that she was able to pull off the win despite her younger opponents eagerness to win.

Nowadays you don't know who is going to step up and challenge on the women's side.

Congrats Queen Vee!!;) :D

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:52 PM
Hmmm.....it was great fighting by Venus, but I think the Venus of old wouldnīt have given back those early breaks....but must say that Ana played very very well...she was hitting aces and just going for broke.

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:05 PM
Hmmm.....it was great fighting by Venus, but I think the Venus of old wouldnīt have given back those early breaks....but must say that Ana played very very well...she was hitting aces and just going for broke.

Yes, much like Sprem at wimbledon.

I totally agree.
Though I must say I am happy
that we really saw that fight there! :cool:

Their was no doubt she was running hot and cold
but she stuck with it against a person who knew
no fear even when she was down.

I most happy over the fighting spirit!

She's not back but,
we did see glimpses here and there.

WF4EVER
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:15 PM
How many times has this thread been started this year?

Just because she has a good victory doesn't mean the "old Venus" is back, just like when she loses, it doesn't mean she should retire.
ITA.

Good, hard-fought victory for Venus, but I will not believe it until she starts to play more consistently.

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:18 PM
ITA.

Good, hard-fought victory for Venus, but I will not believe it until she starts to play more consistently.

The keyword for Venus is indeed, "consistency"!

It's what the commentators were
saying in her match against Sprem.

Her health and inconsistency they said
is what has hurt her this year.

WF4EVER
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:21 PM
Ana sounds more like the Sprem who challenged Venus at Berlin than the Sprem who defeated her at Wimby. At Wimby Venus just laid back and let Sprem hit great shots off her weak mid-court returns; she had no aggression at all.

When Sprem played Venus in berlin she took her by surprise and had her reeling but Venus dug deep and came up with the goods. Let's hope this is not telling for Venus next match against Ivanovic.

Calimero377
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:27 PM

It must be very encouraging for Venus to beat an almost 17-year-old player who it ranked #156 with 7-6, 7-6!

Knizzle
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:31 PM
It must be very encouraging for Venus to beat an almost 17-year-old player who it ranked #156 with 7-6, 7-6!
Saving a total of 8 set points against anyone is impressive.

Mrs. Peel
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:44 PM
:rolleyes: We know everyone brings their best games against a Williams...

We all know what you would have said if she lost...give me a fucking break :rolleyes:

VeNuS#1LoVa
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:48 PM
I just got back from school and I'm thrilled Venus won. It will be good for her that she had to fight, whether she had to riase her game because Ana was so good, or because she simply had to overcome the errors. I have never seen Venus comeback from so many setpoints, along with her losing so many breaks of serve! This was an extremely weird match, I'm just happy that she pulled it out, Go Vee! Sock it to Sharapova ans win this thing! :kiss:

Calimero377
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:53 PM
:rolleyes: We know everyone brings their best games against a Williams...

We all know what you would have said if she lost...give me a fucking break :rolleyes:

I would have said that it must be very encouraging for Venus to have given an almost 17-year-old and #156-ranked player a tough fight.

Jasmin
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:54 PM
Imo sometimes ranking means nothing. Check the mens side. It was a good match for Venus but this proves absolutely nothing.

heartBREAKeRS
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:58 PM

OMG... just forget about the rank for now, and think about how Ana did play her match agains Venus, she was damn good, and yes venus comited alot of eus, but still...... think it out :wavey: :wavey:

Calimero377
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:31 PM
OMG... just forget about the rank for now, and think about how Ana did play her match agains Venus, she was damn good, and yes venus comited alot of eus, but still...... think it out :wavey: :wavey:

Admittedly I haven't watched Venus very often in the last 2 years.
I was shocked how she has declined since her peak time (99/01). Must be her injuries.

heartBREAKeRS
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:48 PM
Admittedly I haven't watched Venus very often in the last 2 years.
I was shocked how she has declined since her peak time (99/01). Must be her injuries.

OMG.. give her a break, injuries not only takes loooooooong time to heal, there are many things that have to fit together. today Venus had experienes "the road to hell" almost loss set both in 1 and 2 set. and yes I agree with alot u guys, I just have faiths in my idol "venus and serena" no matter what they, thats all :wavey: go though, I will always support them ;) :p

thelittlestelf
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:50 PM
i don't know if she played so well that she is back. this gurl may have played a great match. but i take to note that the old venus of 2000 and 2001 would have taken her out 6-3 6-2. i think her fighting spirit was back. but they say the level of play from Ana was amazing. but again i dunno how venus played. so i think these "tough" ones are starting to push venus to get back in her top form, and keep her top form there. that is why i don't think sharapova is gonna trouble her. she cruzed in her first match, and had a young one come out and give her all she could handle. the "will" in her came out, and she has to be feeling good.
I'm not sure If I agree tha that the 2000 venus would have won the match that easily...

This was a very tough match, and the biggest victory for her today was mental. She won two very intense tiebreaks and showed that she is mentally there!

GO VENUS! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/bounce.gif

jrm
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:52 PM
Seen her play better

Calimero377
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure If I agree tha that the 2000 venus would have won the match that easily...

This was a very tough match, and the biggest victory for her today was mental. She won two very intense tiebreaks and showed that she is mentally there!

GO VENUS! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/bounce.gif

Venus of 99/01 would have won 6-2, 6-1 .....

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:58 PM
I agree with cali....remember that Venus had a break in both sets...NO way the old Venus lets that lead slip away..NO WAY!

RVD
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:13 PM
*places throne upon raised dais, and jewel encrusted crown upon throne*
The queen shall return ! .... The dynasty will rise again ! :worship:
...bows and takes leave... :kiss:

cool bird
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:17 PM
I have just read Venus comment on the match. And I do think it very fair.
While Ana was comeing up with great shots Venus was always in control all the way thought out the match. and even if she had lost the second set I never really thought like Venus would lose the match.
Venus lost focus i feel in the first set. And never really got it back until the tie break which she had a great battle but still even then was in controll of everything. Then the same thing happen in the second set.

I must say one thing that has really impressed me about Venus all year is the way she thinks on a tennis court now, I never really saw until Sam Smith ponited it out how Venus does use the angles on a court really well. She is not just bashing the ball now and trying to over power everybody. She is really thinking out there it may not always come off but it is great to see

*Karen*
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:21 PM

She barely beat a junior. I don't think you can say that counts as being in form for a player with 4 slams.