PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovich Must Be Something Else

tennnisfannn
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:54 PM
Haven't seen the match but boy is she heaps better than her 154 or so rankng, someone pls post a pic. I can imagine she would go away with so much confidence from this match. Althouhg his year has been littered with injuries, there are so many new faces making statements.
Good fight ana
Venus, I just love you:hearts:

Spunky83
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:59 PM
Watch out for her next year...she has such an entertaining game and I was really more than impressed when she fought off two BPs in the seond set at 4-4 playing two aces in a row...haha...

It takes much to turn me into a fan of a player, but somehow just watching her play one game made me one. I am really waiting to see what´s next to come...

Amazing!

Elldee
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
She's already got the game of a top thirty player, so the world is her tennis court! Plus, she can be down and never lose faith and copes well with looong three set matches.

Wojtek
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:02 PM
She is much better than Vaidasova or Karatancheva. Very good serve ( 11 aces against Golovin, 3 against Venus). She has all : forehand, beckhand and volleyes :eek: :eek: The most important thing: SHE IS THINKING ALL THE TIME

Lady
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:02 PM
Yes, the way she fought back from 1-5 yesterday was amazing!
And today, just kept on fighting! Never gave up!! :clap2:

tennnisfannn
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:05 PM
Now days we call a player a future star and before the sentence is complete, they are in the finals of a big event or even holding a slam. At last that is what I thought of Maria, so now nothing surprises me. But it is exciting stuff.

Experimentee
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:16 PM
Interesting how people only pay attention to a player when they challenge one of the Williams sisters, even when they had great results and wins before that. Shows that people really think the Williams sisters still set the benchmark :)

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:19 PM
Yes, the way she fought back from 1-5 yesterday was amazing!
And today, just kept on fighting! Never gave up!! :clap2:

Yep!

This girl has nerves of steel!!! :worship:

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:23 PM
Most people were interested in Ivanovic way before this match... I've seen you often on the challenger forum so surely you must know this.

I knew nothing of her except her
comeback against Golovin yesterday!

I must say though I am quite
impressed by this young lady!

I think this is great for the tour.
Thess tough young fighters.

If the top ladies now can get healthy,
2005 looks to be spectacular! :hearts:

tennnisfannn
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:27 PM
Interesting how people only pay attention to a player when they challenge one of the Williams sisters, even when they had great results and wins before that. Shows that people really think the Williams sisters still set the benchmark :)You know she could easily have lost both sets and it has been a while since venus won a hard fought match. Must be since beating sprem in berlin. othewise she has either won easy or lost easy too.
I am sure even if Ana had given anyone else in the top ten such competiton, we would be talking about it, considering how many ranking spots are between them, (vee isn't top ten this week though) but still counts.

MilanDokic
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:27 PM
Amazing Ana! Good Luck in Luxembourg next week!

tumbleweed
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:33 PM
and she's only sixteen. watch out, girls!