PDA

View Full Version : Venus vs Ivanovic

LostGlory
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:02 PM
Is any one watching the game between these two??? wow I think we got ourselves a great tennis star, that girl is just amazing!!!! what do you think???

tennnisfannn
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:06 PM
There seems to be so many stars busting on the scen this year, fantastic for women's tennis.

LostGlory
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:08 PM
I know but most of them have a strength and a weakness, but this is the 2nd time I see Ivanovic play and she has such a strong all round game....her weakness is the net a little, the rest looks fantastic...

Wojtek
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:50 PM
She is amazing. She is much better than Vaidasova ot Sesil

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:50 PM
Thank bloody god Venus won 7-6 7-6

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:51 PM
That was epic...now I can go to the gym...:dance:

S-T-E-V-E
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:52 PM
OMG Ana should have won the match, she was the clear better player in both tiebreaks...:(:(:(

LostGlory
It was such a sensational match great play from both players...I think we are looking at a potential top 20 player in the very near future....well done Venus .....and what a sensational young lady ivanovic is ....

Cam'ron Giles
OMG Ana should have won the match, she was the clear better player in both tiebreaks...:(:(:(:retard:

She had what 5 sp in the first and 4 in the second and could'nt convert...:rolleyes:

Lady
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:53 PM
Ana is amazing!! :hearts:
So much talent!

Spunky83
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:54 PM
Uhhhh...wow!!!

I havenīt seen such an intense and well played match since I donīt know when. That Ana girl is certainly a player to look out for. She climbed up the rankings about 600 points from last yearīs ending and I am pretty sure that she will be top twenty next year...way to go!!!

Would have been great to watch a third set, but Venus was great at the important points.

Next up: Venus vs. Masha...hehe...

LostGlory
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:56 PM
and to top it all, she is so gorgous.....I think i'm a fan already ....

SerenaSlam
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:57 PM
:retard:

She had what 5 sp in the first and 4 in the second and could'nt convert...:rolleyes:
venus did those set points against her really well.

S-T-E-V-E
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:01 PM
As I said, she was the better player in the tiebreaks until her setpoints...and this totally stupid volley fault on her last setpoint in teh second set...OMG, really everyone can hit that one in Venus' court...couln't believe that shot...

Amanda
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:02 PM
OMG Ana should have won the match, she was the clear better player in both tiebreaks...:(:(:(
:confused: :rolleyes: The better player WON! Congratulations Venus!!

S-T-E-V-E
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:02 PM
Venus was playing some good tennis and it's great to see her winning these kind of matches again :) All the best to her against Maria :)

davidmario
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:05 PM
I think Venus was the better player cuz the was playing her best at the big-points. That honors a Top-player ;)

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:06 PM
What a match!!! :worship: :eek: :worship: :eek: :worship:

These two made you forget and commentators said
this was good for the tournament sponsors to have
such a match!

Neither lady said die! :worship:

Ivanovic with her great strokes and
great serve, and most of all nerves of steel
were just absolutely amazing!!!!

Venus' play was up and down as both were at times
but great rallies, amazing winners especially in that 1st
set tie-break!!! :worship:

Commentators said it was Mac-Borg like,
that's how good it was!

Fearless tennis!

Ivanovic made Venus win this and
both are to be commended!

Commentators were just beside themselves
in amazement from the two!

Ivanovic certainly one to watch! :bounce:

Great win Venus! :kiss:

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:08 PM
Don't argue about this guys!
Please...this match was amazing and hat's off to both.

Venus' experience certainly was what helped her
win this match!

Great preparation for Sharapova!

WF4EVER
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:09 PM
I'm glad to hear Ana played well and Venus had to play better to win. It should make her feel good about her effort.

And Steve, don't fool yourself, the better player won. If Venus hadn't played better she wouldn't have won.

DevilishAttitude
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:38 PM
On eurosport Chris Bradham said some of her shots were like Federer's :eek: She has the power the defense and the variety to do very well overall game I think is like Davenport's

But the volley she missed that would have won the 2nd set :o

Has better variety than Nicole and more power than Sesil

Sam Smith said she was the biggest newcomer on tour at the moment and I agree :worship:

Venus looked very happy to win that match was a bit like the Berlin match against Sprem except Venus didn't get injured ;)

Ana has a VERY VERY BIG future :D

Habsudovafan
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:41 PM
ANA!!! What a great match. I've got a new favourite to look out for!!

Joana
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:54 PM
I'm not a least bit sad that she lost. Congrats Ana, this should be a huge experience for her, now go and rock Luxembourg! :yeah:

Good luck to Venus the rest of the tournament. :)

gmak
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:36 PM
wow ana :worship: :worship:
so glad i finally see her play, what a great talent she is!

has a better game than tati and nicole and is so strong mentally, so calm and not a headcase like vera :rolleyes:

she's already on my fave list :rocker: rock on ana!

LostGlory
Oct 22nd, 2004, 10:28 AM
I declare myself a FAN