PDA

View Full Version : Ana ivanovic might change to Switzerland!!!

rada
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:01 AM
Ivanovic - I am connected with Switzerland
Tell us about your feelings…

It was very nice, it is my first bigger tournament, I am happy to be here and to compete a such tournament. It was a great experience for me.

Did you know her? (Tatiana Golovin)

I know her from some junior tournaments, but we never played against before.

You were 1:5 down in the first set – how did you turn it?

Actually, I often turn matches like this. I was down in every set, but I always new I can make it. I was just going for every point and doing my best.

You did not get nervous when you got down?

Just a little bit, I just did not think about the score, I just played point after point.

Do you live in Switzerland now?

No, in Bulgaria, but I want to move to Switzerland. I am very happy, that my first bigger tournament was here. It is just a great place. I always like to come here.

Is it true that you try to get the Swiss passport?

Yes, I try – it would be great to compete for Switzerland, but there are a lot of things to do.
Somehow I am connected with Switzerland, also my manager, he is from Basel.

Do you speak a little bit of Swiss German?

I just know some words, but I want to learn it.

Where will you practice with Zoltan Kuharszky?

We still don’t know, but we try to make it here in Zurich.

First you wanted to practice in Basel, right?

Yes, but I think in Zurich are more possibilities.

Why did you leave Eric van Harpen?

We were working good together, but I needed something to push me further and I decided to start with Zoltan. I think it was a good decision, we work together 2 or 3 weeks now. I feel great.

What are your goals?

I would like to be around 100 for the Australian Open, and of course, being a Top 10 Player, and Number 1 as well.

AjdeNate!
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:08 AM
Thanks rad!!
She's gonna be big time very soon!

rada
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:31 AM
i know but i hope she stays under serbia they would really miss her there :(

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:35 AM
SUI!! :kiss:

Go Iva! Change to Swiss :kiss:

~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:35 AM
go ana play for swiss!!!!!!

azza
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:29 AM
Play for swiss :D

rada
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:10 AM
sorry guys butt she said in the serbian papers that she is still playing under serbia tho she would have liked to play for swiss ;) and its not out off the picture

CooCooCachoo
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:12 AM
I hope she stays Serbian :cool: She doesn't really have anything Swiss, as far as I can tell. And together with Jelena Jankovic (and maybe Dokic if she has a good comeback) they could be a kick ass Fed Cup team!

rada
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:20 AM
I hope she stays Serbian :cool: She doesn't really have anything Swiss, as far as I can tell. And together with Jelena Jankovic (and maybe Dokic if she has a good comeback) they could be a kick ass Fed Cup team!
;) im with ya

switz
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:23 AM
she loves switzerland so i guess i'll have to start loving her.

yay ana!! a new potential swiss miss.

CooCooCachoo
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:36 AM
she loves switzerland so i guess i'll have to start loving her.

yay ana!! a new potential swiss miss.

:lol:

Joana
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:01 AM
She can play for Uzbekistan, it would be the same to me! :D

Beat
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:14 AM
she's cool, no matter what country she's playing for. but obviously she's very connected to switzerland, playing interclub here, having had van harpen and now kuharszky as coaches (who funnily enough aren't originally swiss either).

salima
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:02 AM
She can play for Uzbekistan, it would be the same to me! :D
It would not be thesame for me..................
Awesome match against Golovin, Ivanovic stayed so calm and never lost her swing even at themost critical pionts. just:worship:

daniela86
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:39 AM
;) im with ya
so do I! :hearts: :bounce: :bounce:
I will always love her but I hope she'll never forget her roots,where she started,Serbia needs a such player for the FEd Cup team. :)

Greenout
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:48 AM
This would be great. Imagine the Fed Cup team Ana and Patty
(power and finesse!) they would win a hella lot of ties.

I think it's a great idea. Ana should go to a country willing
to give her the backing, funds, and support.

MilanDokic
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:34 PM
Ana has never been in Switzerland team and country! She tells it, but you didn't understand! Good Luck Ana against Venus today!

Sash1
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:40 PM
Reading comments on serbian boards after that interview i think it'd be the best for ana now to take that passport after all, as she's gone from star to the most hated person in just one afternoon!

shame that some people go for money above everything else... you would never see an american player wanting to play for some other country if they offer them some money...

I still like ana though...

Joana
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:06 PM
Reading comments on serbian boards after that interview i think it'd be the best for ana now to take that passport after all, as she's gone from star to the most hated person in just one afternoon!

shame that some people go for money above everything else... you would never see an american player wanting to play for some other country if they offer them some money...

I still like ana though...I stopped reading those boards long time ago as they are full of the most idiotic, nationalistic, hate-filled, moronic etc. excuses for human beings. Neither of those people gave a damn about Ana or Natasa Janic (kayakist, 2 gold medals winner in Athens) or Bojana Radulovic (one of the world's best handball players) when they were struggling to find money in their own country, so they should as well shut up now.

jrm
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:53 PM
If people like the girl does it matter for which country she decides to play? Wouldn't bother me (but then again, it's only me).

©@®eLess
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:06 PM
it's all about sponsors, they rule in all sports. Changing country cause of your sponsor is sooooooo low

blablabla
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:40 PM
I stopped reading those boards long time ago as they are full of the most idiotic, nationalistic, hate-filled, moronic etc. excuses for human beings. Neither of those people gave a damn about Ana or Natasa Janic (kayakist, 2 gold medals winner in Athens) or Bojana Radulovic (one of the world's best handball players) when they were struggling to find money in their own country, so they should as well shut up now.
Let's ignore the posters that don't know what they're talking about (for now).

Joana, the Serbian boards that I have visited have been totally supportive of Ana.

http://www.b92.net/sport/comments.php?my_categories_class=%27Sport%27&nav_category=&nav_id=153825

Obviously most Serbs are gonna support a Serbian player more than a Swiss player not that we have anything against the Swiss.

However the difference between the so-called OFFICIAL reporting by the Swiss media and that of the Serbian media is poles apart.

Here's one post from B92.net with an excerpt form a Vecernje Novosti article - they seem to be getting all the scoops these days (will translate later for the Anglos).

NIJE ISTINA DA JE ANA TRAZILA SVAJCARSKO DRZAVLJANSTVO

Ana Ivanovic je samo pre 15-ak dana na 59-rodjendanu JSD PARTIZAN dobila nagradu kao najbolja sportistkinja tog drustva u tekucoj godini i tada je izgledala bas srecno.

Na danasnjem internet izdanju NOVOSTI pronasao sam i odgovor Aninog oca na razne spekulacije u vezi drzavljanstva.

http://www.novosti.co.yu/vest.php?vest=33469&rubrika=Sport

Laži iz ljubomore
A. PALIĆ 21.10.2004, 18:02:19

ANA Ivanović nije tražila švajcarsaki pasoš! Posle samo jednog kola na najvećem evropskom turniru u hali, mediji u Cirihu, ali i u našoj zemlji preneli su juče vest da naša talentovana teniserka (uskoro puni 17 godina) želi da igra pod zastavom Švajcarske. Ana je, navodno, tu želju iznela na konferenciji za štampu posle pobede nad Francuskinjom Golovin (2:1)...
- Jednostavno, to nije tačno. Niti smo tražili, niti je nama neko nudio švajcarski pasoš - kategoričan je otac mlade teniserke Miša Ivanović. - Ana je na konferenciji odgovarala na desetine pitanja i jedino što je rekla je da se oseća lepo u Švajcarskoj i da joj je uvek drago kada dođe u Cirih. Verovatno je neko slučajno ili namerno protumačio tu izjavu.
Otac velike nade srpskog "belog sporta" ističe da mu se posle vesti iz Ciriha telefon usijao. Zovu svi, od prijatelja, pa do čelnika Teniskog saveza SCG, koji su se izgleda prvi put zabrinuli za ekstra talentovanu teniserku.
- Nekoliko igračica su, ne znam iz kojih razloga, verovatno ljubomore, izmislile priču da Ana već šest meseci ima švajcarsko državljanstvo i taj trač kruži teniskim vodama - objašnjava Anin otac.
S obzirom na to da je trener Ivanovićeve selektor FED kup selekcije Švajcarske, kao i da naša teniserka ima jake sponzore iz te zemlje, mnogi su doneli zaključak da je na pomolu selidba. Ipak, najbolja potvrda da Ana neće promeniti državljanstvo je "izjava" naše igračice u famoznom intervjuu da trenutno živi u Bugarskoj!?
- Smešno! Pa, Ana je samo jednom bila u Bugarskoj i to nekoliko dana, dok nije završila učešće na turniru - uz osmeh odgovara Miša Ivanović.
(GORAN, 21. oktobar 2004 20:10)

To be asked 10 minutes after beating Golovin about her passport is so tactless and disgusting that it makes you wonder about some peoples psychological condition.

Now if this vicious rumour was instigated by some (as yet un-named jealous players as her dad indicated in the interview) why did it get this far in the chain of reporting ?

Anyway this made me laugh a little:

Zovu svi, od prijatelja, pa do čelnika Teniskog saveza SCG, koji su se izgleda prvi put zabrinuli za ekstra talentovanu teniserku

Thumbs up to Zivojinovic and the Federation for this one. Looks like the girl has everyone jumping through hoops at the moment :bounce:

Mon's boy
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:15 AM
wow, when i first read this i thought the serbs are gonna die if she changes
dont think it will happen though

blablabla
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:43 AM
Only a fortnight ago at the 59th bithday of JSD Partizan a happy-looking Ana Ivanovic received an award for sportsperson of the year of her club (According to a poster on B92.net.)

Today's internet edition of Vecernje Novosti shed some light on the speculation regarding who she wants to represent. Here's the translation.

Lies And Jeaolousy
A. PALIĆ 21.10.2004, 18:02:19

Ana did not request Swiss travel documents! After only one round of Europe's biggest indoor event, the Zurich media aswell as the media in our country ran the news story that our talented tennis player (who soon turns 17) wishes to play under the Swiss flag. Apparently Ana made these statements at the press conference after her 2-1 victory against Golovin.

- It's simply false. We neither requested nor were offererd Swiss travel documents - was Misha Ivanovic (her dad's) categorical reply - Ana answered dozens of questions at the press conference and the only thing she said was that she always likes coming to Switzerland and enjoys it whenever she visists Zurich. It's likely that it was this statement that was accidentally (or purposely) distorted by someone.

The father of Serbia-Montenegro's great hope in the "white sport" remarks that his phone went red hot after the news from Zurich filtered through. Everyone called, from friends to the head of Serbia-Montenegro's Tennis Federation who for the first time voiced their concern for the extra-talented tennis player.

- Some of the players, I don't know for what reason, probably jealousy, invented the story that Ana has a Swiss passport for 6 months now and lies that are being circulated through the tennis comminity. - Ana's dad explains.

Since her current coach is the head of the Swiss Fed Cup team coupled with the fact that Ana has strong sponsorship links with that country people concluded that she was on the verge of a move. Still, the biggest indicator that she didn't change who she wants to represent was her famous "quote" that she lives in Bulgaria !

- That's just funny. Ana has been to Bulgaria only once, to play a tournament. - answers a smiling Misa Ivanovic.

source:
http://www.novosti.co.yu/vest.php?vest=33469&rubrika=Sport

**Jelica**
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:01 AM
I guess it's her decision, and whatever she decided we should respect it, cos I'm sure she would have a reason. I hope she doesn't tho'!