PDA

View Full Version : Is Lindsay Davenport a hetero?

Rtael
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I mean I keep hearing about this husband she has, so I'm thinking maybe yes?

GermanBoy
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:40 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

-Sonic-
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:44 PM
No, I TOTALLY caught her shagging my sister at Wimbledon this year. I'm traumatised.

Rtael
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Really? I thought hanging around that straight girl Corina and playing doubles with her might have turned her straight!

Volcana
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:52 PM
I mean I keep hearing about this husband she has, so I'm thinking maybe yes?Well, there WAS a wedding with half the fucking WTA there. But realistically, who cares? She wants to have a family, and she's found the guy she wants to be the father.

If she vowed fidelity, I hope she's content to limit her sex life to this particular person. If she didn't, it doesn't matter.

Rtael
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Well, there WAS a wedding with half the fucking WTA there. But realistically, who cares? She wants to have a family, and she's found the guy she wants to be the father.

If she vowed fidelity, I hope she's content to limit her sex life to this particular person. If she didn't, it doesn't matter.
:retard:

-Sonic-
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:15 AM
Really? I thought hanging around that straight girl Corina and playing doubles with her might have turned her straight!
I had no inkling about my sis either. :confused:

Martian Willow
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:22 AM
She looks like one.

SzavayFi
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:27 AM
lindsay is ....erm, a lesbian?

Andrew.
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:28 AM
She's married and constantly talks about getting it on with hubby. I would concur she is a hetero.

LindsayRocks89
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:42 AM
what kind of stupid thread is this :mad:

MinnyGophers
Oct 21st, 2004, 01:46 AM
lol don't take it that way. They are just being sarcastic

Rtael
Oct 21st, 2004, 01:56 AM

The kind where stupid people don't realize it's sarcastic.

J_Migoe
Oct 21st, 2004, 01:58 AM
Help me! I just discovered that I'm STRAIGHT!!!

Aphrodite
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:40 AM
I mean I keep hearing about this husband she has, so I'm thinking maybe yes?
question is are you a retardo... urrrrr:lol:

Aphrodite
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:41 AM
question is are you a retardo... urrrrr:lol:
well now that i have read the whole thread i feel like a retardo.......

SzavayFi
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:43 AM
gosh its hard to understand sarsasm on the I-net, never mind the retarted comment i made asking if lindsay was a lesbian......my bad.

Aphrodite
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:48 AM
sorry i didnt get it... didnt read the whole thread...

Elldee
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:12 PM
Compared to a lot of other tennis players Lindsay looks nothing like a stereotypical lesbian. Her hair is long now for starters!

tennnisfannn
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:15 PM
No, she is half chinese.

stenen
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:20 PM
Lindsay looks nothing like a stereotypical lesbian. Her hair is long now for starters!

:lol: :lol:

Andy T
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:18 PM
I think this thread is really sick. I mean, if she is straight she can't help it and anyway she's an athlete - what she gets up to in her private life is none of our business. Maybe she was born straight, maybe she was seduced by some guy in high school and she's never recovered or maybe even it was the way her parents raised her; whatever, we should love her for who she is.

Anyway, why pick on Lindsay? There are loads of straight players on the tour and always have been - Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong and Steffi Graf to name but three of the more famous ones. Even Billie Jean King had a straight love affair.

It might not be a "lifestyle" that many of us around here understand or approve of but I think we should show respect, tolerance and coompassion instead of starting silly threads speculating about what she does in bed.

Helen Lawson
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Hollywood lesbians in my day had to get married to cover up, but this isn't the 1930's anymore, if Lindsay married a guy, then she probably loves him and therefore is hetero.

lindsayno1
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:05 PM
lindsay talks about jon a lot (her hubby) and she is SO not a lesbian! I agree with Andy T - its wrong to be talking about her sex life in this way and she definetely does NOT look like a typical lesbian!

Erdinger
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:00 PM
:lol: @ almost nobody get's it that this is a troll thread responding to those threads like "Is Kuzzie a lesbian" ;)

I love this board!! :cool: :)

Shenanigans
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:05 PM
:lol: @ almost nobody get's it that this is a troll thread responding to those threads like "Is Kuzzie a lesbian" ;)

I think Andy T got it, :lol: at his post

VW#1
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:06 PM
I think this thread is really sick. I mean, if she is straight she can't help it and anyway she's an athlete - what she gets up to in her private life is none of our business. Maybe she was born straight, maybe she was seduced by some guy in high school and she's never recovered or maybe even it was the way her parents raised her; whatever, we should love her for who she is.

Anyway, why pick on Lindsay? There are loads of straight players on the tour and always have been - Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong and Steffi Graf to name but three of the more famous ones. Even Billie Jean King had a straight love affair.

It might not be a "lifestyle" that many of us around here understand or approve of but I think we should show respect, tolerance and coompassion instead of starting silly threads speculating about what she does in bed.

If every homophobic, right wing conservative Christian read this, they'd realize EXACTLY how ignorant they sound. Post of the year :worship:

lindsayno1
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:36 AM

maybe we all bypass kuznetsova threads ;)

swiss
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:41 AM

:haha: it should have be done for a long time :drool:

gentenaire
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:41 AM
If she isn't, I know the person first in line to jump her ;)

Mariangelina
Oct 22nd, 2004, 10:41 AM
Lindsay can't help being who she is, but if she has true faith in the Lord, maybe it will help her. And we don't know what exactly causes heterosexuality- a genetic defect, bad parenting, or some "initiation" into the lifestyle, but most people seem to think it isn't a choice, so we shouldn't blame Lindsay. And besides, as Andy T says, she's an athlete, and her private life is her own business. The Lord has been merciful enough to make me not have a straight bone in my body, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the performances of a heterosexual athlete. And it doesn't really surprise me- just look at those shoulders of hers. Lindsay's suffered enough. It may not be a lifestyle that I theoretically approve of, but I wish her happiness with this Jon Leach man.

And yes, Lindsay is hardly the only one- Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong, Justine Henin-Hardenne have all admitted their heterosexuality. I wonder why there's such a high concentration of straights in tennis, though. Could it be that the mixed nature of Grand Slams and such other events encourages heterosexual tendencies?

But whatever causes it, Martina Navratilova made friends with Chris Evert and certainly never showed discrimination on account of her open heterosexuality. We should follow her example, leave Lindsay alone, and really show more sensitivity on these delicate matters.

gentenaire
Oct 22nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
Mariangelina :haha: :worship:

Andy T
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Lindsay can't help being who she is, but if she has true faith in the Lord, maybe it will help her. And we don't know what exactly causes heterosexuality- a genetic defect, bad parenting, or some "initiation" into the lifestyle, but most people seem to think it isn't a choice, so we shouldn't blame Lindsay. And besides, as Andy T says, she's an athlete, and her private life is her own business. The Lord has been merciful enough to make me not have a straight bone in my body, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the performances of a heterosexual athlete. And it doesn't really surprise me- just look at those shoulders of hers. Lindsay's suffered enough. It may not be a lifestyle that I theoretically approve of, but I wish her happiness with this Jon Leach man.

And yes, Lindsay is hardly the only one- Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong, Justine Henin-Hardenne have all admitted their heterosexuality. I wonder why there's such a high concentration of straights in tennis, though. Could it be that the mixed nature of Grand Slams and such other events encourages heterosexual tendencies?

But whatever causes it, Martina Navratilova made friends with Chris Evert and certainly never showed discrimination on account of her open heterosexuality. We should follow her example, leave Lindsay alone, and really show more sensitivity on these delicate matters.

Exactly, Mariangelina. There are loads of straight male players too, so I think it may be something to do with the kind of people attracted to athletics. Hairdressers, artists and Air Stewards/Hostesses are far less likely to be heterosexual.

Even though I now use it myself, I really object to the way the word "straight" has come to describe heterosexuals because it's a lovely word and gay people can't use it any more to mean something that's simple, not bent or without curves.

Having said that, I am sensistive to the situation of straights because both of my parents are "that way inclined". In fact, I'm glad I had hetero parents because it has taught me that heterosexuals are in fact regular human beings, just like the rest of us, who simply prefer to do something different in bed. To all those who are against heterosexual parenting I say: mine didn't change me!

alfajeffster
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:42 PM
I remember back in the 70s when I first learned how to play tennis, it really used to irk me when players like Billie Jean King and Rosie Casals would make these snide remarks about Chris Evert. Saying things like "she plays like a lady", and "she never seems to break a sweat", and even Margaret Court once opined "her hair always seems to stay in place". It took me a while to accept Virginia Wade after she seethed the line "her game is boring and unimaginative". I remember it got so bad that, in 1973 when Billie Jean King played Bobby Riggs at the Houston Astrodome, there was a national boycott underway, and I got caught up in the fray, and actually passed around a petition in my 6th grade class (my elementary school gym teacher, Miss Wyman, helped me draft it- she was always so good with athletics, and short haircuts, and encouraging young girls to play football), asking people to refrain from watching the spectacle at all. To her everlasting credit, Chris recently remarked that she would be proud if one of her sons turned out gay. Imagine if Billie Jean King had started out with such an open mind about this world we live in- what a difference one person can make.