PDA

View Full Version : Expectations??

sebbe
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:47 PM
So created this thread because I thought that we could discuss what to expect next week and the near future.
In my oppinion I don't even have any expectations anymore, it feels like a lottery. I just want her to find some kind of control of the situation.
I just want her to win some matches again, I guess that I had to many expectations after Us Open...I won't make that mistake again.

So what do you guys think and hope??

lizzymarie
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:33 AM
I just want MARY to win more matches and wanted to add one or more grand slam/ titles to her career.. but the more i expect the harder it is for me to accept if she losses her game.....
Hope she'll do something...........
GOB BLESS MARY AND ALL OF US....

saby
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:11 PM
Mary didn't lose nothing, she was just ill the past 2 weeks and before that she was injured, guys you are asking too much to her.

Why everybody is so suprise when Mary lose.
Mary is just too emotional, why sometimes she can do everything on court and sometimes she can lose to anybody... Her tennis is not "going away" from her and comming back like this :worship:

It's Mary and she is like this, great shots, wonderful power... and she's so lucky because she has the best fans in the cosmos. :devil:

:angel: :angel: :angel:

NicoMary
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:50 PM
I do really think that Mary is already in 2005...she is not really motivated for the ranking...i do think that she just want to enjoy and have fun and that why she will certainly be more prepared and motivated in January.... Hope that she will do something good before the end of the season but lets stay tolerant with our Beautiful Mary!

remyremy
Oct 23rd, 2004, 11:19 AM
Mary didn't lose nothing, she was just ill the past 2 weeks and before that she was injured, guys you are asking too much to her.

Sorry Saby, but I disagree with that. First, it's not 2 weeks but 3. But what makes me worried so much is that Mary seems to be still sensitive and disturb by so many things out of the court. I'm sure that the absence of David and Sven is more important in Mary's loss than the illness.

saby
Oct 23rd, 2004, 01:21 PM
She seems disturb, it's true but it's not new.
I think as a Mary's fan you "know" that her private life hasn't be easy.
You should understand...

mamno_MARYFAN
Oct 24th, 2004, 01:33 PM
So created this thread because I thought that we could discuss what to expect next week and the near future.
In my oppinion I don't even have any expectations anymore, it feels like a lottery. I just want her to find some kind of control of the situation.
I just want her to win some matches again, I guess that I had to many expectations after Us Open...I won't make that mistake again.

So what do you guys think and hope??
Come on Sebbe...don't be so pessimistic...we all know that Mary's not the same as the other players...she is not predictable at all...:tape:

Remember Mary's claycourt season this year??? I think she lost in the early rounds for like 3 consecutive tournaments...and then out of nowhere she won a title at a grasscourt tournament...just before Wimbledon...:angel:

So I guess the best thing for us Maryfans is to keep the faith for Mary....when she's still around in the tour...

Hell...we all should be lucky that Mary is still strong, still working hard to get the best results that she can....look at what Hingis did...quitting the tour abruptly like that...oh well...at least Mary's not a quitter....:rolleyes:

One thing that do worries me is that Mary's alone in her previous 2 tournaments....where is David???? He of all the people should know that Mary's so much better when he's around to support her...:fiery:

Whatever it is...I hope everything will go on well for Mary...good luck for her next tournament...:bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ashwu
Oct 24th, 2004, 04:15 PM
good luck mary!!! we are all here to support you~

remyremy
Oct 25th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Here we are!!! Today, Mary is the 4th french player in the WTA ranking (#29 after Mauresmo, Dechy and Golovin). I'm so :sad: :sad: :sad:
Please, courage Mary. Go on fighting :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ali
Oct 25th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Here we are!!! Today, Mary is the 4th french player in the WTA ranking (#29 after Mauresmo, Dechy and Golovin). I'm so :sad: :sad: :sad:
Please, courage Mary. Go on fighting :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
This is what I've been worried about for some time now. Mary won't get to play in the Fed Cup finals because I'm sure that Guy will go with the rankings just to be fair. I do think Mary is more than capable of taking the second singles spot on the team, but I really don't think the Guy will promote her over Dechy. Not sure how close the rankings are - can Mary get back to French #2 with a good last couple of tournaments?

As for the original question about expectations....we all know that Mary, on her day, is capable of beating anyone, and I think that in the past I have been guilty of having unreal expectations of her. One good run in a tournament and I start thinking she's back at the top, and can challenge for the Grand Slams/top 10 etc. I'm sure I'll still get carried away if she has some good results but I'm going to stop trying to predict what she can do! It can be tough being a Mary fan but I've decided to try and have no expectations of her and just go with the flow!!

I only wish we knew a bit more about her coaching situation, what her goals are for the next year and how she's feeling etc. Its tough not hearing anything official because all we can do is speculate.

remyremy
Oct 25th, 2004, 12:51 PM
This is what I've been worried about for some time now. Mary won't get to play in the Fed Cup finals because I'm sure that Guy will go with the rankings just to be fair. I do think Mary is more than capable of taking the second singles spot on the team, but I really don't think the Guy will promote her over Dechy. Not sure how close the rankings are - can Mary get back to French #2 with a good last couple of tournaments?

It will be hard to become frenchplayer #2. Why not #3 because Golovin is not far... Mary has to do very well in the last tournament(s) to pretend playing the Fed Cup. I think that Dechy ( :mad: :fiery: )should never play the Fed Cup anymore, so I think it is quite possible that Forget ( :mad: :fiery: ) choose Golovin (he likes her). It also depends on the practicing matches before the Fed Cup (if they have time) : I remember Forget saying that he was very impressed by Mary in those kind of matches. But I cannot forget France/Germany, when Mary looked so bad on her chair and was absolutly not motivated.
Finally, I think it depends on Mary's motivation : if she is still ready to fight in the next weeks she can win a tournament, play Fed Cup and take back frenchrank #2... If we don't believe it is possible, who will???

saby
Oct 25th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Forget will have to choose a player maybe 2 players for the semi final (don't forget Amelie is injured too for the moment, even if she is suppose to come back in Phillie). Mary is ranking 29, Tati is 28 but only 25 points are between both players.

Will Forget choose, youth or experience??? both players are good, I'm sure he will choose during the training just before the semi.

Mary came back from nowhere so many times she is like a "Phénix" :lol:

ali
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:14 PM
I think that Dechy ( :mad: :fiery: )should never play the Fed Cup anymore, so I think it is quite possible that Forget ( :mad: :fiery: ) choose Golovin (he likes her). It also depends on the practicing matches before the Fed Cup (if they have time) : I remember Forget saying that he was very impressed by Mary in those kind of matches. But I cannot forget France/Germany, when Mary looked so bad on her chair and was absolutly not motivated.

Why don't you think that Dechy should play? I imagine if it came to a choice between Mary and Tati, Mary might get the nod for her experience, but if Dechy is ranked higher than them both, I really can't see Guy not chosing her.

Mary didn't play against Germany did she? That's probably why she looked so fed up!

remyremy
Oct 25th, 2004, 09:24 PM
1 - Je pense que Dechy ne doit pas jouer car on a déjà vu ce qu'elle donne dans ce genre d'occasion, notamment contre l'Allemagne : elle ne sait pas tenir son rang. De plus elle est complètement incapable de battre des joueuses meilleures qu'elle (notamment les russes). Je ne défend pas les hypothétiques choix de Forget, je faisais juste part de mes craintes.

2 - Non, Mary ne jouait pas contre l'Allemagne et heureusement car elle était en pleine série noire (début de saison) et rien qu'en la voyant sur le banc, on pouvait clairement voir sa mine des mauvais jours du genre : "j'irai bien me pendre plutôt que d'être ici".

remyremy
Oct 25th, 2004, 09:34 PM
1 - Je pense que Dechy ne doit pas jouer car on a déjà vu ce qu'elle donne dans ce genre d'occasion, notamment contre l'Allemagne : elle ne sait pas tenir son rang. De plus elle est complètement incapable de battre des joueuses meilleures qu'elle (notamment les russes). Je ne défend pas les hypothétiques choix de Forget, je faisais juste part de mes craintes.

2 - Non, Mary ne jouait pas contre l'Allemagne et heureusement car elle était en pleine série noire (début de saison) et rien qu'en la voyant sur le banc, on pouvait clairement voir sa mine des mauvais jours du genre : "j'irai bien me pendre plutôt que d'être ici".

saby
Oct 25th, 2004, 10:33 PM
on pouvait clairement voir sa mine des mauvais jours du genre : "j'irai bien me pendre plutôt que d'être ici".
Ah oui je me souviens sa tête !! pas joyeux à voir :eek:

La décision c'est Forget qui va la prendre, te prend pas la tête, on ne peut rien faire quoi qu'il arrive.
Mary a l'expérience avec elle et s'ils l'appellent tous leur porte bonheur, ils vont pas la laisser sur le banc... ;)

"Sluggy"
Oct 26th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I want her to do at least as good this year at open gaz as last year. thats all i am hoping from Mary.

Wizzy Maryfan
Oct 26th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Bravo remy Remy pour ton analyse sur Dechy !

Nathalie est une très bonne joueuse, complète pour une fille du top 25, mais rien de plus. Elle n'a pas la puissance pour géner les toutes meilleures mondiales, et elle n'a surtout aucun mental. Elle arrive à avoir un classement de 22ème mondiale grâce à une belle présence et une admirable régularité au 3ème tour ... Mais où est l'exception ? Ou est la magie chez Dechy ? Il n'y en a pas, et pour cette raison elle n'a jamais été, n'est toujours pas, et ne sera sans doute probablement jamais capable de battre celles qui la devancent. la choisir contre l'Allemagne, c'était risqué ! La choisir contre la Russie, c'est précipiter la France dans la défaite, puisqu'en aucun cas elle ne pourra gagner le moindre point, si ce n'est celui du double.
Mary, elle, peut battre n'importe qui ! Venus ou encore Sharapova peuvent en témoigner :lick: Avec Forget sur la chaise, mary est de plus beaucoup plus forte, survoltée, surmotivée et en osmose avec son tennis ! Elle joue un tennis de rêve qui la fait se surpasser et jouer un incroyable tennis ! Bien sur, ce n'est pas pour autant qu'elle battra Myskina ou Kuznetsova, mais au moins avec Mary, le point est possible ! Difficile à prendre, certes, mais possible. Avec Dechy, pas besoin de jouer le point, il est offert à l'aversaire.
Quant à Golovin, son manque d'expérience risque de lui jouer des tours, et surtout, elle n'est pas tellement rayonnante ces dernieres semaines non plus.
Alors le choix qui s'offre à Forget m'apparaît simple : soit faire jouer Dechy, et perdre 2 points, ruinant ainsi toutes les chances de l'équipe, soit jouer le Jocker Mary Pierce, jocker de luxe et qui permet à l'équipe de croire en la victoire ... :hearts:
Bien entendu, cela dépend aussi des entraînements d'avant fed cup, mais Mary sera reposée après quelques semaines off, et je doute qu'elle ne soit pas à son maximum :angel:

Mais tournons nous d'abord vers Luxembourg ! il va s'en dire qu'une victoire sur Gullicksson est impérative. :drool: :tape:

NicoMary
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:15 PM
En effet en cette fin de saison "bizarre" pour Mary il semblerait que ses chances de qualification pour la fed cup en simple tout du moins s'amenuisent... cependant comme Wizzy vient de la dire très justement...Mauresmo est l'incontestable n°1..;mais la N°2 est loin d'être aussi facilement repérable...

Sur sa formr actuelle, Pierce, est très très décevante:sad: :fiery: et se classe largement en n°3 derrière Golovin..:sad: ;cependant en valeur pure elle n'a aucune rivale:bounce: pour la place de N°2 française et sur un match elle pourrait sans doute même rivaliser avec Mauresmo pour la place de N°1:worship: !

Si pierce joue bien au moment de la Fed cup, Forget ne se trompera pas, il a fait confiance à Pierce l'année passé, elle ne l'a pas déçu, il referra sans aucun doute le même choix..;cependant en demi si Forget sens son équipe largement au dessus il pourrait sans doute faire débuter la carrière de simple en fed cup de Golovin..;en finale la ptite française n'aurait aucunment le niveau...

Mary doit se rassurer,(nous rassurer) retrouver les bases, l'energie et la motivation à Luxembourg sinon il se pourrait que sa saison soit terminée:sad: :sad: :mad: :fiery:

remyremy
Oct 26th, 2004, 07:31 PM
100% d'accord avec vous Wizzy et Nicolas ;)

sebbe
Oct 26th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I wish I knew french;)